Foolish One ✷ Jess Mariano

By teenspite

stop checking your mailbox for confessions of love that ain't never gonna come GILMORE GIRLS JESS MARIANO ©... More

Foolish One / Who Is The Lamb?
Vol I. Super Rich Kids
I: Domestic Rage
II: Pretty Girl Complex
IV: Star Girl
V: Art of Ignorance
VI: The Thief and the Gallery
VII: Last Great American Dynasty
VIII: Clandestine Meetings

III: All Rage, No Patience

739 38 9
By teenspite

All Rage, No Patience ✷  Chapter Three.

     Kitty Lovelace is a good person. Kitty Lovelace is a saint. She is shiny and polished and has pretty teeth made for kissing and not biting. So, glittery Kitty Lovelace lights her way up through Stars Hollow and returns to the Gilmore residence with flushed cheeks and lower lip tucked beneath her pearly teeth, painting her lips with a femme-fatale smile.

There was a fan above her but the brown-colored curtains rippled with the outside wind instead. She chewed on the inside of her cheek, wiping her palms against the bare skin of her thighs. The bed cracked softly when she shifted, just enough to remind her that she was in Rory Gilmore's room and not her home.

"Here," Rory Gilmore breezed into the room with a soft smile on her face and a plate with blue swirls holding fruit in her hand. "The only healthy thing we have in this house."

"Thanks, Ro." Kitty's footsteps were those of a ghost on the polished floor. She had salvaged her soul from a house of flames and thrown herself into another one. She flopped back onto the comforter and sighed loudly, counting the paint swirls on the ceiling.

Rory's pager buzzed. "It's Dean."

Kitty groaned, leaning into the crook of her elbow. "Forester's an asshole, Rory. I don't know how you're still with him."

Rory frowned, slumping in her wooden chair. Her chipped fingernails moved vigorously at the keyboard, typing and clicking echoing against the walls. "He's a nice person once you get to know him, Kitty. Give him a chance."

It was known Kitty Lovelace did not like Dean Forester at all. He wasn't a good person, and he certainly was not good for Rory at all. It pained her sometimes, the more she noticed the signs, to think about how hard the pair would come crashing down when they realize that their relationship, that toxic part they hid well enough from the rest of the world, was nothing if not bound to crash and burn. Violently, at that.

Kitty twirled a strand of hair between her fingers. She ran her thumbs around the hem of her white Chanel stockings, peeling them away from the bare skin of her thighs. "He broke up with you because you didn't say I love you," She scoffed, "Like, what a bitch."

"Don't call him that," Rory looked away from her computer, and she chewed on her lower lip. "He was just sad. Wouldn't you be hurt if you told them you loved them only for them to not say it back?"

Kitty bit the fingernails on her left hand, dragging her thumb away from her mouth and tucking it beneath her chin. She shrugged, "I would've just ran off with another guy. If he won't, someone else will."

Rory cracked a grin, shoulders shaking with an amused laugh, "That is the worst advice anybody has ever said," She grabbed a pink pillow and mildly threw it at Kitty.

Kitty gasped in fake shock as she caught the pillow before it hit her face, and she exploded in bubbly laughter. "Bitch, it's on!"

This was Rory Gilmore magic. Rory Gilmore magic was the nostalgia of a time you never knew, blue tie-dyed sheets, white ballgowns cut at the knee with safety scissors, blunt and honest, muddy feet, glitter sprinkled into messy braids sort of magic. Rory Gilmore was her own league of magic. Her very favourite kind.

Kitty grabbed the pillow, a shit-eating grin postered on her face. Rory's eyes widened and with quick thinking, she lurched forward to grab another pillow from her bed and pointed it at her threateningly, "Don't you dare, Kitty!"

They were laughing hysterically, filling the room with teenage bliss that crystallize with the moonlight that slid past the windows of the room. Kitty's shoulders shook with a tiny laugh, but before she could launch the pillow at Rory, there was a knock at the door.

"Rory, they're here."

Kitty looked away from Rory. A teenage boy leaned against the chipping doorframe with his hands in his pockets of his denim jeans, and her smile dropped. He looked at Rory and then his gaze shifted to her. He had a look on his face that made her sick to her stomach.

From the moment he stepped foot into the house, he heard the fire. She was laughing so loudly it echoed and skipped over the water like the flattest rocks in the bunch. He knew it was her and if he could, God, he'd bottle up her laugh and get drunk on it every night.

Rory noticed the way Kitty instantly brightened up when he entered the room, her palms turning slippery with a sheer coat of sweat. It pained her, and she couldn't help but frown softly. She spun around in her chair and grinned at the teenage boy. "Hey."

Jess quickly averted his gaze and glanced at Rory, "Hey."

"I'm Rory."

"Yeah, I figured." He nodded his head, dragging his heels against the polished floor.

"Nice to meet you."

He ignored her, his eyes drifting back to Kitty. He actually couldn't even look away, too busy examining the way her hair was all over her face, messed up by the gritty pillow. Oddly though, she still looked pretty. "Kitty, right?"

She threw her leg on the ground, her heels thumping over the dark wood. Jess couldn't help, but let his eyes roam to where they had no right to. Observing her from the pink off the shoulder sweater, to the Dior colored cream skirt. To the white Chanel stockings, to her pink Chanel heels she wore everyday. Her hands rested on her hips as she watched him take a good look at her. A look that flickered a flare of attraction and fascination. A small smirk rose upon her lips, "Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants."

His lips twitched into a smirk for a mere second, before he drifts through the small shelf Rory had in her room so gracefully, Kitty would think him transcendental. "Wow, aren't we hooked on phonics."

The plastic chair legs scarped the wooden floor as Rory stood up. "Oh, I read a lot. Do you read?"

The book pages of Howl and Other Poems filter through his fingertips and he shakes his head. "Not much."

"I can loan you that if you want, it's great."

He flipped the novel from one hand to the other, then placed it back on the desk, next to the fake flowers. "No thanks."

"Well, if you change your mind." Jess aimlessly strolled over to Rory's desk.

"Okay," Lorelai entered the room, two bowls of food in her cupped arms. "We really need to get Jackson away from the lemons now, so we're moving the feast in the living room."

"Be right there." Rory called out to her mother.

Lorelai locked eyes with Kitty, who then smiled at the women and followed her out of the room, blindly. " Are you gonna eat here, hon?"

"As much as I would love to spend a night with you guys," She started, genuine dripping down her body and pooling at the ground, "I had dinner with mom before this." She denied with a slightly apologetic smile and Lorelai brushed her off. "Hey, why did I just see Jessica in Rory's room?"

"Lorelai invited us for dinner," Luke Danes retorted, picking up a utensil and grabbing salad slowly, dropping it on his porcelain plate.

Kitty whirled around at the sound of Luke's voice, and she scoffed, softly, "You could've told me or else I wouldn't have come."

"Why don't you like him?" Lorelai shot a glance to Kitty, sipping from a glass. "I thought you two would get along pretty well. He's your type, young Johnny Depp, but, like, more pasty."

"He called me Malibu Barbie and told me to get in front of a car." She deadpanned, glaring at Luke and Lorelai.

Luke snorted into his drink, and Lorelai reached over the table and smacked his bicep with her nails. "As your grandma once said," Lorelai began to quote, smiling one of those pearly Gilmore smiles, "Everything eventually heals with patience, not rage."

John Lovelace still had Darlene Lovelace's chiffon scarf in his back pocket, and had given all of her cashmere cardigans to his wife. Kitty saw them in their huge wardrobe as she looked around the house earlier that evening, and stole them back, stuffing them into her closet. Kitty stole a strawberry from Luke's plate and raised her eyebrow sarcastically. "Lovelace's are all rage and no patience. I don't know where she was going with that."

"Well, she wasn't exactly alive when all you Lovelace's came," Lorelai sipped from her glass and leaned back, laughing, "She doesn't know what she made, that poor lady."

Kitty laughed. She flashed them all her pearly teeth at once, waving her hand, "I'm leaving, hope you enjoy your little dinner with two Luke's."

"I won't," Lorelai chuckled, pressing a kiss on her forehead and continued onto the alcohol cabinet behind glass doors, pulling out a glass of whiskey and pouring it into her glass. Kitty watched as it swooshed around and finally settled, the bitter salt of liquor dripping down it's brim. "Be careful, Kitty."

"Careful with what? This isn't Scream," She grinned over her shoulder, pressing her chin against it softly

"But Taylor Doose's out on the loose," Luke called out and Kitty nearly lost her shit at that, a sharp laugh bubbling past her teeth before she spun around and swung the back door shut.

Kitty tumbled her way down off the porch, but she came to an abrupt stop so fast she could've gotten a whiplash if it wasn't for a muscular body she crashed into. She gasped, stepping back. Jess Mariano stood in all his beautiful glory, at the edge of the patio, popping open a bottle of beer with the railing of the porch. "Oh . . . it's you."

He turned his head, peeking out to see who it was, and when he realized he sized her up with a smirk, "We have to stop meeting like this."

"Are you, like, following me or something?" Kitty folded her arms angrily over her chest and scoffed, "This is borderline stalking."

"I'm not stalking you," Jess shook his head. "Not everyone wants to be Kitty Lovelace."

Kitty's eyes glanced down, then back at him. Bored. "Not everyone can be."

Jess pressed his lips against the can and took a small swig, and the corner of his lips twitched upward in a soft smile. She was almost blinded by the sincerity of it, so used to award-winning and plastic.

Kitty grabbed a cigarette from the pack in her pocket. Her lighter, that day, was a soft pistachio covered in messy white hearts she drew herself with a paint-pen hole she was high off her mind. The flame sparked; she bought the brim of the French cigarette to her lips and inhaled in content. Kitty Lovelace left traces of gloss, stains that everyone she knew wished she could wash off with bleach.

The boy next to her stared. The thing about girls like Kitty Lovelace, girls craved from clay, molded by the gods' hands themselves, was that they were born with an agenda. Have fun, spray paint on things she shouldn't, get drunk on adrenaline until she broke, and her jaw snapped from holding back all those feelings she swallowed and bottled up in the deepest, darkest pits of her guts. They were the kind to turn others into stone for looking at them, and she was no exception. Maybe that was why he was so scared to simply gaze, like she'd slip through his fingertips and never let him do it again. "Wanna get out of here?"

"And where would we go?" She rose a brow smugly, "This is Stars Hollow. There's no shit to do around here," Drawing in from her cigarette, she exhaled slowly, idly spinning it between her fingers, as if it were unlit, absorbing the brisk, pre-storm breeze. It cut through her lungs like blades, a sensation she oddly cherished.

"You look like you know where the fun would be," A soft glimmer of curiosity crossed his sharp irises as he leaned towards her ever-so-softly. Kitty did not look away, but the glimmer in her eyes told him that he was one-hundred-percent right. "Want to show me?"

She did not reply, but grinned instead. She had the softest of dimples and she looked up at him through her charcoal lashes. He believed that was the most radiant thing he had ever seen. There was a moment of silence, the kind that dawned upon them like a ray of light.

She held her cigarette up to him and he slowly took it from her fingertips, confused. Kitty beamed at him, "Pretty cliché, don't you think?" Kitty jumped to her feet and walked away.

It was as she crossed the front yard, when she looked back to flash him the sickliest of smiles, that he understood the gravity of the situation he had just dug his way into like a lost corpse. Kitty Lovelace was known for having a reputation that preceded her like a red carpet, polishing the very ground she walked on, but it did not come without a sharp side, thorns under the grace: she would break his heart. All she longed for was to add it to her collection.

He was the perfect prey for an even more flawless fall time. Jess all of a sudden had a good feeling in the pit of his gut, like he'd finally make it out unscathed

(So he thought.)

a/n.

lowkey love this chapter???
idk i'm debating if i do or not.

ive come to the conclusion that
rory & kittys friendship is so
cute i love them sb 🤞🏻🤞🏻

i also just wanted to make it clear,
i'm not on team dean buttt i do
have bad sympathy's for that man.
s1 dean is the only dean i accept! like
he actually really did love rory & for her
to go date someone else the moment
they break up is heartbreaking i feel
bad for him. like he built a car for her guys???
can we just acknowledge that for a sec...

in my opinion he was prob the best bf (keep
in mind s1 dean not any other deans) besides
logan. jess was alr but i feel like the moment
they started dating he just like? sucked 😭
idk but yes i'm still team jess! it may not seem
like it but i swear!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 339 9
𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒 ━ ᶜᵒⁿʳᵃᵈ ᶠⁱˢʰᵉʳ ❛ 𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖓.𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖘. ...
590K 52.7K 35
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
16.7K 159 25
"As time passes, I realize that I actually really love you" [working on rewriting some chapters :D] [ꜱᴀᴍ ᴇᴠᴀɴꜱ] ☻ [glee] [completed] ☹︎ [book...