𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 �...

By fightmetruckers

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚. 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒑 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎... More

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 : 1
01 : 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊
02 : 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃
03 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
04 : 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
05 : 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒
06 : 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒
07 : 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
08 : 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋
09 : 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇
10 : 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋
12 : 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
13 : 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒
14 : 𝐒𝐍𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐒
15 : 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒
16 : 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
17: 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅
18 : 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓
19: 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐘
20 : 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
21 : 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑
22 : 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
23 : 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄
24 : 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋
25 : 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄
26 : 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
27 : 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐃
28 : 𝐙𝐎𝐎
29 : 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋
30 : 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎
31 : 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃
32 : 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄
33 : 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘
34 : 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄
35 : 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄
36 : 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑
37 : 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃
38 : 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐄𝐒
39 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄
40 : 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
41 : 7 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎
𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

11 : 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂

8K 336 72
By fightmetruckers

Y/N's POV:

This morning was unexpected.

When Jungkook had said he would give me a job last night, I didn't think he meant the next morning.

Jungkook had woke me up suddenly and way too early for my liking. But he insisted I get up and get dressed for work. I complied, although I did so with less enthusiasm.

My heart still hurt like crazy.

So I dragged my feet in a numb kind of way, but it still didn't take me long to get ready. Then, just as I was about to make something for breakfast, Jungkook turned around and handed me my purse instead.
He had insisted that he take me to breakfast this morning.

It was a nice gesture, I admit, and I did like the fact that I wouldn't have to spend the entire day at his place by myself to wallow in my despair.
At least now I would be able to keep busy and hopefully not think about the cracks in my heart.

Jungkook had taken me to a fancy restaurant, which was fine, but the local Denny's would have suited me just fine.
I didn't say anything about his choice though, since I could tell he was just trying to do something nice for me.
I just ordered something small to tide me over for a while. No sense in spending too much.

We had spoken little during our breakfast trip, me not being so much of a talker this morning, and Jungkook didn't push it.
It was nice to be respected and cared for, even if was from Jungkook in an understanding way.

I would make sure I did my very best for him in return.

Now, here we were walking towards his large office on the 26th floor. I swallowed hard.

This Corporation was much larger than the one I had been working for under Namjoon... and Namjoon didn't own it. He was only in charge of things.
Jungkook on the other hand owned all of this. This was his company,bearing his name on it.

And my name.

The difference was stunning.

This floor was practically a large conference room on one side, a large office out in the open for Jimin, Jungkook's assistant, and then of course, Jungkook's office.
All the smaller offices of his were all the floors below him.
Jungkook's floor actually reminded me of him.

Large. Intimidating.

I looked around the space and took in the lighter walls and random décor.
The floor was carpet and a nice shade of grey. It made things look inviting despite the intimidating offices. Overall, I liked it, though I did feel a bit insecure. Could I actually go from a good, but smaller company to the large extravagant Corporation like this!?

My eyes roamed around and stopped when I caught sight of Jungkook's door. His name displayed in large bold print.

𝐉𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

The way the name was present surprisingly gave me a proud feeling, just knowing that I bore the same name as the man on the door.

It was silly, really.

"Good Morning, Jungkook."

A confident voice spoke, greeting Jungkook as he walked towards the large desk that stood off to the side of his office.

"Morning, Jimin."

I walked up as well, catching his attention. His black eyes gleamed instantly as he saw me and his flashed me a bright smile as he rose and walked around his desk to stand before me.

His blonde hair was styled just like Jungkook's. Slicked back with gel. He wore a nice black suit, also like Jungkook did. It fit him very well and made him come across as a very handsome man.
He was a stronger build, but nothing like Jungkook.

More my type.

I smiled and blushed slightly as he reached down and took my hand, bringing it too his smiling lips and kissing the back of it softly.

"Good morning, Mrs. Jeon."

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Jungkook's POV:

I watched the affection Jimin so easily displayed towards
Y/N.
I frowned and narrowed my eyes at him. His black eyes flashed towards me, getting the message instantly.

I didn't like it.

She was supposed to be my wife after all, and my assistant shouldn't be flirting with her and making her blush.
Yes, that didn't escape my eyes either.

Had I ever made her blush?

Jimin had insisted that I wasn't bad around women, yet I couldn't remember if I had made her blush so easily before just as he did within seconds.

Stupid ass prick.

Jimin quickly released her hand and cleared his throat.
He once again threw me a glance that expressed there was nothing to worry about, but I beg to differ.
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have her working so closely with Jimin...

I slapped myself mentally.

What in the world was I thinking about?! We were married, yes, but I didn't know her enough to even think about liking her in such a way.
Why was I worried then? It was just a stupid thing. Plus someone like her would never like me anyways. From the way she fell for Namjoon gave me a clear description of what she found attractive.

Friendly, outgoing, lean and handsome.

Everything I was not.

I cleared my own throat and nodded at Jimin.

"Do you remember Jimin?"

Y/N shook her head slightly in shame.

"I'm sorry, I really don't. I was a bit... out of it that night."

Jimin laughed and nodded.

"You and Jungkook both. But I provided to be a good best man. But officially, I'm Park Jimin. Jungkook's personal assistant... and best friend."

I snorted.

"Don't get too caught up on that last part, Park."

Jimin fiend hurt, holding his chest as if I shot him.

"You hurt me so, Jungkook."

I waved off his exaggeration and motioned towards Y/N.

"Y/N came with me because I offered her a job."

"Oh?"
he raised a brow, curious. Y/N stayed silent beside me.

"Yes, as your assistant."

"Assistant?" Jimin asked with surprise.

I nodded slightly, throwing him a look of, 'go along with it'.

Jimin nodded in understanding and smirked at me.

Damn. He was going to enjoy this way too much.

"That sounds like a perfect match up. I am in desperate need of help. This slave driver is working me to the bone."

A small smile cracked on Y/N's lips and she looked up at me from her short form.
I swallowed hard as her eyes shown gratitude. For a moment I got lost in her grey eyes.

They were stunning, really, and the way they brightened up even through all the hardship showed a rare soul.
Y/N's eyes suddenly grew a bit wide and a new blush came across her cheeks. This one was more red and she quickly looked away.

Did... I cause that?

"I'll work hard, just tell me what I need to do."
her voice came out softly as she looked to Jimin.

"Perfect!"
Jimin gave me a wink and nodded towards her.

"Lets get you started out with the basics and such. Like your employment application and tax forms. Oh joy."

"Alright."

Jimin waved me off.

"I'll get her settled in, boss. You have a conference call starting in ten minutes. Files are on your desk with your coffee."

"Thanks."

I spoke and shook off any thoughts of Y/N blushing. I finally left them and went into my office. I had work to do.

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

A few weeks later:

I couldn't believe how much damn work still needed to be done!
What a time for Jimin to decide to get sick and take a few days off! Damn it!

I had the signing of the new building tomorrow and reporters on my ass like it was a piece of meat!
I picked up a file and signed a few papers, then frowned at the next one.

My office door clicked opened and I knew who it was right away.

"Here's the file you asked for, Jungkook." Y/N's sweet voice spoke as she walked up and placed a file with documents on the desk in front of me. At least I still had her here.
Surprisingly she had been a great asset to the team. Jimin wasn't complaining anymore of being overworked, and things were running smoothly.

Even home life had been good. Y/N and I had come to a mutual agreement and after the few weeks of living together, I was starting to grow comfortable around her.
It wasn't hard to adapt when she made it so easy to do so.
We rarely went out, she always insisted on cooking and if we had time we usually stayed up and watched a football game. Other wise, our lives had been nothing but work.

Right now though, it was all business and serious work. I didn't have time to dwell on her or our time together recently.

Even though it did happen often.

"Good. I also need to get the papers ready to be signed with the contractor for tomorrow. And I need to set up an appointment with the designer. Hopefully we can get her in soon, considering she's usually booked months out."

I instructed. Y/N nodded.

"Already done. Charles Grey will be there tomorrow after we get the building to set everything in stone. He also will be starting his work that day.
And Connie Rea will be coming to look at the area on Monday."

I looked up from my work to look at my wife.

She was standing tall and proud, although I could see the bags under her eyes. Hopefully she wasn't getting sick like Jimin was.
The work load since he had left was overwhelming. Yet not once had she gotten behind, or broken down.
She was tough and exceeded my expectations greatly.

She was an amazing woman and assistant.

I had no doubt that she could accomplish her true dream.

"This monday?"

I asked coming back to reality, and a bit surprised. Connie Rea was not an easy woman to get ahold of, especially that fast.

"This monday."

she repeated and grinned lightly.
Oh, she knew she was good. A secret weapon of sorts.

"Great. Now, can you also work on the recent charges and fax it down to Accounting? Then I need to get a lunch scheduled with Dale Conners sometime next week, if I have an open time."

I watched her nod and take in every word I said.
Tiredness, like my own showing even more through her eyes.

"I'll fax those and I already cleared a lunch on Thursday and am just waiting on a confirmation with his secretary."

Y/N continued to amaze me.

"Who did you cancel with?"

"Reporters."
she gave me a small smile and turned to walk away.

"I'll finish that. Let me know what else you want me to do, okay?"

she told me as she reached the door and peeked over her small set of shoulders at me.
Her hair was yet again starting to fall out as if she just ran around the building, but I actually liked the sight.
Her grey eyes still stunning and calming. I didn't know what it was about her, but she just had a calming presence.

I frowned and growled to myself.

What the hell was I doing? I couldn't be thinking about trivial things like that at such a time!

"I will."

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Everything was done.

I had all the papers ready to go, all the arrangements taken care of and payments made.

Finally.

I always got the job done and I always succeeded, yet I had to admit, I don't think I would be able to have gotten this far without the help of Y/N.
She proved to be a vital part in his project. It's hard to imagine that only a few weeks ago she was almost causing harm to this project, and now she was the one saving it.

I've never seen a woman work so hard before, especially when I was only used to being around Jiyeon.

Jiyeon paid money for someone else to do all the work.
Not Y/N though. She had pushed and I was afraid I really might have worked her to the bone. I stood from my desk and felt my muscles tense up as did so.

Damn I really needed a hot shower and a good stretch.

I grabbed my suit jacket and threw it back on. I had taken it off hours ago, feeling the restrictive confines of it.
I grabbed my keys and shoved them into my pant pocket and headed towards the door.

As I walked out I spotted Y/N still sitting at Jimin's desk and typing away with her fast fingers.
As I took a step closer to her, she quickly looked up at me.
I frowned.

"Are you okay?"
I asked her.

I scanned her face and saw the dark circles under eyes, and she looked pale.

Damn, I did overwork her, didn't I?

"I'm fine."
She whispered softly.

"Just a bit tired."

"You don't look fine." I stated.

"Let's go home. Work is over."

I watched her sigh in relief and shut the laptop. Reaching down she grabbed her purse and stood, but as soon as she did I saw her grow a bit paler and even a bit... sweaty?

"Lee?" I asked. Something was wrong.

And just as fast as the thought came, I watched her eyes roll back and her body fall limp to the floor.

Oh god! No!

"Y/N!"

Vote and Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

792 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...
144K 5.7K 46
Taehyung is completely devastated upon hearing that Jungkook is getting married in a month. He has always loved the boy but he could never admit his...
655K 17K 54
Jungkook and Yuna were forced into an arranged marriage they never once thought would happen. They were forced by their parents. He thought that thei...
236K 7.2K 52
**Mature Content: don't read if you're sensitive to some subjects** What happens when BTS find out someone is moving with them? "Have you heard of (Y...