Can I Have A Ride Home? (DNF)

By gh0st__b01

This is a clichΓͺ DreamNotFound fanfic inspired by the song Can I Have a Ride Home by carpetgarden. This is th... More

Chapter 1

28 2 10
By gh0st__b01

A boy woke up in his bed.

It was early.

Too early for his liking.

He turned to his night stand and looked at his alarm clock.

6:30 am

He didn't have to be awake until 7:00, so he decided to go back to sleep.

He turned around and closed his eyes. Sighing into the comforting and warm bed.

- CLAY! WAKE UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!

Clay woked up with his mother yelling at him.

He groaned.

- It's so early though...

He turned to his alarm clock.

7:59 am

He jumped out of bed.

- WHAT THE HELL!!!

He quickly put on the first thing he saw, rushing to brush his teeth. He didn't care about eating breakfast or brushing his hair. He could eat something at school, he was way too late.

He basically jumped off the stairs, seeing his mother in the kitchen.

- WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?? I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!

- I did tried to wake you up, you sleep like a rock. Not even a hurricane could wake you up.

His mother said crossing her arms. Clay grabbed his keys on the counter.

- Where's Drista?

- She already left. She didn't want to be late on her first day.

Clay groaned. He quickly yelled bye to his mom and left to his car.

It was the first day of senior year, and he was late.

It's a 10 minute ride from his house to the school. He pushed the gas a little over the speed limit and prayed that there wasn't any cops on the way to school.

It wasn't strange for Clay to be late, it was actually really normal. But it was the first day, he likes to at least try to be on time on the first day.

When he got to the school he sprinted to the front office to get a tardy slip so he didn't waste any more time.

On the way, he bumped into someone.

He was running so fast they both fell on the ground.

- Sorry! I'm really sorry! I was in such a rush I didn't see you!

- It's fine.

He quickly helped the kid up and gather their things. He didn't even looked at the kid, barelly aknowloging his existence before he was rushing to the front office again.

He was almost 20 minutes late.

He got to class, recieving dirty looks from his classmates.

- Late on the first day, should I be surprise?

- Sorry Mr. Soot.

Clay said, quickly seating down near the back.

Mr. Soot, he was probably one of the coolest teachers. He teached History, and he had 3 kids in the school, 2 seniors and a freshman, all part of Clay's friend group. Though the youngest basically invited himself.

He was unecessarily loud, but he was a good kid.

- Dude what happened? You're almost never late on the first day. You usually leave it for the rest of the year.

Clay's friend whispered to him, a minute after he sat down.

He was shorter than Clay, and unlike him who had green eyes and blonde hair, his friend had dark brown eyes and black hair.

Clay looked at his friend, noticing that his mullet was starting to grow.

- I overslept, and on the way to the front office I bumped into someone.

- Who?

Clay tried to remember the moment.

- I don't know. I didn't looked at him. I was in a really big rush.

- Mr. Taken, not satisfied with just being late you're also talking in my class I see.

Mr. Soot said with a thick british accent.

- Sorry.

- LOL, get recked green boy.

- That goes for you too Mr. Armstrong, either you learn to whisper or you shut up.

Clay held in a laugh. Nick glared at him.

Class ended, and on their way to the next class, they saw one of the Soot kids.

He was the tallest, he had brown wavy hair and brown eyes, you couldn't even tell he was Mr. Soot's son.

His name was William, but everybody called him Wilbur, except, sometimes, his twin brother Dave, who called him "Will-I-am" sometimes to bother him.

- 'sup lads, how we doing in this fine evening? Have you heard the news?

- What, that the school's most popular football player was late on the first day?

Nick grinned while Clay rolled his eyes.

- I'm not that popular.

- Yeah sure. Every girl is basically drooling over you 24/7.

Wilbur chuckled.

- That is true, but that's not the news. Apparently we have a new student.

Clay was dying to jump out of the subject of girls liking him, he didn't have a problem with girls, he actually really liked them, but after his last relationship he really wanted a break.

- Really? That's interesting, do we know anything about this kid?

- Only that his british, and he's a senior.

- So we'll probably see him around.

Wilbur nodded, before he stopped walking with a distressed look on his face.

Clay and Nick were confused, until they looked where he was looking at.

There he was, Wilbur's younger brother, talking to a tall girl with orange hair.

They didn't know who the girl was, only that she was a senior, so if Tommy was flirting with her he didn't had a chance.

Wilbur turned to them.

- Excuse me boys, I need to see if I need to commit child murder.

They didn't get a chance to say anything before Wilbur was already dragging Tommy away from the girl, who seemed to giggle, she was almost as tall as Wilbur.

Skip to lunch break.

They were all sitting at their usual table. Peacefully eating, when Nick decided to ask.

- Hey Tommy, who was that girl you were talking to earlier?

Dave looked at Tommy.

- Since when you talk to girls?

- Since always, and that was just Wilbur's girlfriend.

Tommy said with a smirked. Wilbur started blushing.

- Shut up, she's not my girlfriend.

- That's because you don't ask her out, you're lacking game Will.

- I am not getting advice from a child who can't even tie his shoes.

- I CAN TIE MY SHOES YOU BITCH.

- Children, children, please.

Clay said, smirking. He wanted to hear more about this girl that Wilbur liked.

- So Wilbur, tell us about this girl.

Wilbur huffed, looking at his half eaten sandwich, knowing they won't let him eat until he tells them.

- Her name is Sally Fisher, she's in my Geography class and she's the prettiest most nicest girl I ever met and I really like her.

He said, blushing. Everyone on the table cheered.

- Look at you, having a crush on someone. They grow up so fast.

Nick said, fake sobbing and wiping an imaginary tear.

- You better shoot your shot soon thought, before I steal her from you.

- As if you could get any, don't you have a Tubbo to annoy?

Tommy took a bite of his sandwhich, deciding to ignore the first part or else he would spent the rest of lunch break bickering instead of eating.

- Nope, he's sick.

The bell rang, and Tommy basically inhaled the rest of his sandwich.

- See you at practice?

Clay said to Nick.

- You know I never miss practice.

And with that, they parted ways.

While walking to class someone bumped into him.

- Hey man.

- Hey Quackity.

Quackity, one of Clay's friends, they're not as close as him and Nick, but they're still very close. Quackity's name is Alex, but he tells eveyone to call him by his last name. He's also on the football team but he's not as popular as Clay.

- Dude I still don't know why I have to take spanish.

Clay chuckled, they had spanish together.

- At least the teacher's your brother.

- Yeah, I love getting home and hearing a "have you done your homework yet?"

Clay laughed, he knew Quackity's brother for a while since he dates his older sister. It was still weird seeing his sister's boyfriend asking about his spanish homework.

They entered class and were imedeatly greeted by the teacher.

- Hola Clay, Hola Alex.

- Whaddup.

Quackity replied.

- Hola, señor Marco.

Clay responded, with a thick American accent.

- You have to work on that accent Clay.

- I know, I know.

Marco was a relatively cool teacher, he knew kids didn't find spanish interesting, so he always tried his best to make it fun. Like only refering to each other by first name, or making jokes about drugs.

~~~~~~~~

After practice ended, Clay went home.

He was greeted by his cat Patches on the door step.

- Hey baby~.

He said while picking her up.

He closed the door behind him and locked it.

- Anybody home?

His mother usually worked late, so he always asked if someone was home.

- Yep.

He heard his sister Drista from the living room.

Her name was Diana, but it was an inside joke, so everybody called her Drista since she was a kid.

She was watching tv.

- Are the others here?

- Nope, mom's working, XD's out, Mary went out to eat with Marco.

His mom was a cop, the captain to be more specific, so sometimes she would stay at work 'till late to finish paperwork.

His brother Brian is almost never home. They call him XD because he had a really hardcore emo phase, and XD was all over his usernames in social media.

Mary was his older sister, she was dating his spanish teacher, she worked in the afternoon, trying to get enough money to move out.

- How was school?

Clay said, sitting down next to Drista.

- Normal, you stink. Was practice fun?

- Yep, I'm gonna go shower and go to bed.

Drista hummed.

He turned to her before disapearing up the stairs.

- And don't stay up 'till late, you have school tomorrow.

- So do you.

She yelled back at him, laying on the couch, not turning her eyes out of the tv.

After showering, Clay was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling.

"I didn't see the new kid today, maybe we don't have any classes together...."

He thought out loud, before turning around and falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first chapter, hope you enjoyed :D

If there is any spelling errors please comment so I can fix it.

If you guys want I can post all the characters that this story will have and their roles.

I'm already finishing the second chapter so I probably post it sometime during next week :)

Thank you for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 16.7K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1M 61.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 35.6K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
865K 19.7K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.