The Last of Its Kind [AoT]

By WhatADrag6

A child forced to live life on the streets until the unprecedented calamity that claimed many lives and left... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX

LIV

1.3K 48 30
By WhatADrag6

True to her word a blonde woman sheltered flat against a roof provided cover from the trio she just encountered.

"Go! It's clear!" She shouted out as she shot a man in the head as they ran out of the house and away in the distant. Once she felt they were far from there she turned back before quickly rolling off the roof and hooking onto a man reeling him towards her as a shield.

She quickly dropped the body before quickly moving away as she grappled onto another house. She she turned her head as she saw more men had gathered on the roof, white pristine uniforms poking out amongst the carnage.

She raised her gun only to stop as one by one they fell dead. She snapped her head spotting the distinct roses with clashed swords embroidered on the back. She smirked seeing a line of them charge with horses each armed with a double barreled gun.

"Look who's finally making an appearance and their actually doing something." The woman said with a chuckle before she moved forward taking down more and more targets.

"And they seem to have brought help. Shocking." The woman pointed out impressed as she spotted the distinct mystical green stallions adorned with a horn.

She shook her head from her thoughts as she moved stealthily through the chaos as the sounds of Thunder Spears exploding echoed around her.

She glanced over spotting the same buzz cut man throw one into a window before landing by a blonde male and a black haired female.

She exhaled quickly shooting another who aimed at them. She then moved quickly as she climbed back on a roof with her scope aimed at a Titan still posted on the wall.

She exhaled slowly as she moved her focus away from the Cart Titan to those that surrounded them. She gazed at the man strapped to the Titan before something caught her eye.

A green cloak fluttering in the wind caught her attention making her scope shift towards them. Her finger lightly pressed against the trigger watching the group wearing Scout cloaks surround the Cart Titan before her finger pressed firmly against the trigger.

"No hard feelings. But I'm not the type to be choosy and that still stands." The woman said with one last exhale before fully pulling the trigger.

She watched the fluttering of green fell mixing in with red as the man laid on the ground. She moved to the next one as they fled for cover trying to dodge the bullets and finding where it was coming from. She raised an eyebrow as they flew in the air like chickens without a head before choosing to cower on the side of the wall for shelter.

"Idiots. And they used to call themselves Scouts? Buncha pansies, they are. But I don't blame them...this is hell." She muttered before her eyes widened in shock as she heard a loud roar come from the Beast Titan.

"Huh? What the--?" She grunted out.

She gasped loudly as her jaw slackend in horror seeing distinct bright lights flash into the air all around Shiganshina blinding her for a second.

"Wai-- oh no, no. Not good! Shit!" The woman cursed in horror as she quickly moved dodging a large hand aimed at her.

"How is this possible? And why did practically everyone within Shiganshina turn?" The woman questioned before she sliced at the hand that tried to once again grab her.

"Ah...I stand corrected. Now this is hell. I just had to open my big mouth." The woman spoke out cursing herself for even speaking.

She quickly moved, swinging behind before slicing the nape of the Titan. She glanced around strapping the gun back on her shoulder to see soldiers already being devoured.

She quickly moved as the sound of heavy footsteps vibrated the sturdy roof she stood on. Her head snapped back behind her to see more Titans heading her way.

"Ugh, could this get any worse? My reward better be worth it." She grunted as she quickly moved away from two Titans before slicing them down.

She moved away from the Titans' as they made their way towards Marleyan soldiers. She grimaced at the sight of them all preying on the humans as teeth tore into flesh with ease, breaking bones with ease like delicate twigs. A horrendous screech of a Titan was heard before calamity once again struck Shiganshina, but this time it wouldn't just be Shiganshina or Paradis, but the entire world.

A loud crash echoed around her as the sound of stone pummeling the ground added to the ear-piercing sound. She covered her face as an explosion of debris swept through her similar to a dust storm. She removed her hand only to stop feeling her heart drop to her stomach.

Her eyes widened in shock as she stood agape watching the walls that once protected humanity on this island crumble to the ground. The people's last defense from all they once feared came to an end and a new enemy emerged...and this...this new foe was something she wasn't sure other nation's would stand the slightest chance at defeating, let alone surviving.

"T-This is insane. And apparently I'm on a roll today, because it just got a whole lot worse." She said dumbfounded and awestruck as she glanced all around her.

The walls had fallen to reveal a massive number of enormous Titans that resembled the Colossal Titan standing with all their glory. She closed her eyes, trying to recollect her thoughts as the sound of footsteps rumbled all around her.

This isn't even just a portion. It seems like all the walls came tumbling by the look of how many there are. This is overkill.

She stopped as her eyes widened and she gasped holding her head. "H-Huh?!"

Hear me, Subjects of Ymir. My name is Eren Jaeger. I'm using the Founding Titans power to address all Subjects of Ymir.

I've undone the hardening of Pardis Island's walls and the Titans buried within have begun their march. My goal is to protect the people of Pardis Island--the place where I was born.

However the world wants to exterminate my people--and not just on the island. They will not stop until every last Subject of Ymir is dead.

I refuse to let them. The Wall Titans will trample every inch of the world beyond this island until every last life beyond our shores is wiped out.

"What the hell was that?! This is too creepy! Get outta my head, Eren!" The woman shrieked out grabbing her head and shaking it profusely.

She paused for a moment trying to regain herself as cold sweat prespired on her forehead gathering in nervous beads causing her blonde hair to stick to her forehead.

She panted before shuddering. "What the hell was that? All Subjects of Ymir...? That means I wasn't the only one to hear him....right?" She questioned in slight apprehension and perplexity.

She gasped before clicking the trigger causing her body to propel to the side as she caught the glimpse of a hand.

The woman quickly took to the sky looking at the massive amount of Titans that were once people, comrades, friends, and family to those present on this island. She closed her eyes gritting her teeth before clenching her fists tightly around the handle of the blades.

She growled, swallowing the last of her hesitation before giving a yell as she quickly swooped down grasping to a wall before slashing the nape of the Titan as she passed by.

She moved again slashing at another Titan as it crashed into a building. Smoke and steam flumed out into the air as she stepped down from the Titan. The sound of debris rolling against the ground and crunching under her feet could be heard.

Her figure stood tall and once the steam cleared her shadowy figure became known as she looked around until her eyes located a group of Jaegerists taking cover in a building. Her eyes narrowed at them.

"Let's make this clear, shall we? I don't care who's side you are on or what your intentions are. Every single person you care about and love is on this island. Meaning your families' safety is currently in danger and you all cowering like pathetic babies are jeopardizing their future. Breaking news folks! The walls are gone, if you haven't noticed. Now, where do you think these Titans will go once they finished the lot of you, here? In case you don't grasp the urgency of the situation we are in, I'll tell ya. They will move to where the next heavily populated area is...inward, that's right--where your loved ones are. So get a hold of yourselves and fight like the men you were trained to be instead of dying like pathetic weaklings crying to your mothers' that may soon join you. Grab any extra gear and Thunder Spears and take them out before they have the chance to feast on your family. Now, GO!" The woman yelled out as the group looked at her with wide eyes in shock.

The woman took one last glance at them before turning away and leaving to fight.

"Well done, me. I think that deserves a pat on the back. And to think all I had to do was mimic what I experienced back in the past. I think you'd all be proud, but then again I know there's a certain someone that would probably say something much harsher. Like threatening to kill them instead." The woman said in pride before laughing at her failed imitation. A smirk found it's way to her face as she sliced through another nape before going into the building grabbing the supplies she could find.

"This brings me back. Now to just drop these off, lend a helping hand, and then hit the road for some sight seeing." The woman said mapping out everything in her head.

She tightened the bag around her shoulder looking around before spotting a group moving towards the fortress that stood like a zenith amongst the wrecked distract.

There.

She grappled onto a roof before quickly swinging herself up into the air. She glanced behind seeing that she wasn't the only one heading there as the sound of an authoratative yell could be heard. She quickly maneuvered behind a Titan slashing him down.

She moved through the streets as she turned an ignorant eye to the chaos that surrounded her, focusing on her top priority.

After multiple run-ins with Titans she finally made her way up to the roof of the fortress. She landed with a thud before slinging the bag off her shoulder and dropping it lightly on the ground.

She walked towards a group that had gathered on the roof. "This is all I could find on my way here. It looks like Commadant Shadis is leading the lot of 'em here." The woman spoke as the group turned spotting the woman.

"Who are you?" A tall man with light brunette hair and stubble for a beard questioned. The woman shook her head.

"It's not important right now." She spoke causing the man to growl at her lack of respect.

"Awe, why the long face? I would think you'd be happy that I brought these with me." The woman said with a smirk as the man growled louder walking up to her.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Jean gritted out only to stop as a hand rested in the middle of them.

"Jean, she's right. We have more pressing issues at the moment. We don't have time to stop and question everyone or cause fights." A blonde male reasoned causing Jean to huff as he sent a look that displayed his lack of trust for the female.

"That may be so, but Connie is right. I'm sick of getting betrayed." Jean spat out before glancing down and examining the situation they are in.

The woman sighed before looking to the blonde haired male. "Thanks." She said softly as he nodded examining the woman.

"You...you look familiar." The man said causing the woman's eyes to widen before she gave a half-hearted chuckle.

"That's probably since you've seen me around. I spent time on the Garrison before they became obsolete and I transferred to the Scouts. So we were bound to have a run-in once or twice." The woman said with a smile.

His eyes widened before he closed his eyes nodding. "Right. I apologize about Jean's temper. I'm Armin by the way." Armin said introducing himself.

"He's got one helluva hairpin trigger with that temper of his." The female mused out before glancing at the Titans.

"They are in range now." She commented as she equipped two Thunder Spears before getting in line.

"Together, everyone!" Jean ordered.

Everyone jumped from the top of the fortress as Jean yelled, "Fire!"

Thunder Spears struck the nape of the Titans that surrounded the building before the distinct click could be heard as they moved away from their targets causing the pin to start the catalyst and release it's explosive properties, leaving the Titans dead. Explosions came one after another as the flames and smoke ingulfed the are adding more fire to the inferno that was once a city.

The female moved back to the top level of the fortress before requipping two more Thuder Spears. She stopped hearing a gasp before turning her head to see a familiar bald headed Titan with distinct eyes.

Her eyes grew solemn before closing and taking a shaky exhale. Her eyes opened as they hardened with determination.

It has to be done. We can't let them wander off no matter how we feel about it. They are not who they used to be. They are hollow shells of their past glory and vessels to the man-eating giants that stand before us now. It has to be done to end their suffering. I would want the same if I was turned.

She turned her head looking away before jumping off the fortress and launching two more Thunder Spears with a grunt before pulling her arm causing the pin to unlatch itself. She then grappled onto a roof as she swung done slicing at the Titans helping to take out the remainders left behind.

The fires around the city slowly died off as the last Titans laid decaying on the ground. Light began to show itself through the heavy smoke revealing just how horrific the aftermath truly was. The sights were devastating as the group had regrouped in the fortress and overlooked the district through a large hole in the building.

Armin glanced around looking for something or someone.

"What is it, Armin?" Mikasa questioned causing Jean to turn his head and look at him before a knowing look appeared on his face.

"She's gone. I haven't seen her amongst the dead, but it's probably likely that she is lying on the street somewhere half eaten." Jean commented causing Armin to shake his head and sigh.

"T-That's not it. She rem--nevermind it's nothing. My mind must be extremely exhausted after this." Armin said removing the thoughts but that didn't stop him from thinking about it.

"You're not the only one. I think everyone is feeling the same." Mikasa stated as Jean nodded in agreement.

The group looked out as the sun began to set revealing beautiful arrays of warm tones to linger on the city. But this beauty of the blazing sun dropping in the horizon gave an ominous backdrop to the city as everything became tinted in an all too familiar color. A color that resembled warning. A color that reminded them of all whom have been lost. The alarming contrast of blood that painted the entire battlefield. Red, a color that resembled both life and death.

These events left them wondering who to trust and what is it that they should do. Each of them was left with inner turmoil over this conflict that left them questioning where they truly stand in this ongoing war.

...

Amidst the setting sun and red scenery filled with catastrophe the sounds of horse hooves could be heard galloping through the city as they rode off into the sunset for a destination only they knew. With an objective of their own and they wouldn't stop until that goal was achieved. Until then...their fight is far from over seeing as it has just begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.1K 78
You, Levi, Isabel and Farlan were living happily, roaming the streets of the underground until one day you crossed paths with the Titans. That day ch...
11.3K 1.6K 31
Every little girl dreams of her happily ever after with her very own prince charming, but for Elizabeth Smith, her dashing prince came unexpected, as...
41.4K 985 48
[DISCONTINUED] "๐š„๐š‘๐š–? ๐™ท๐š’?" "๐š†๐šŠ๐š’๐š... ๐šˆ๐š˜๐šž'๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š– ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š–๐šŽ!" ๐™ฐ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐š• ๐šˆ/๐™ฝ ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ. ๐™ท๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š›๐šŽ๏ฟฝ...
37.5K 2.5K 33
Eren Yeager had always been a child. From birth to the day he died. He lived with a selfish, childish dream to find freedom. Yet, freedom was a manif...