How to use tarot spreads: Abr...

By AnnhPhuonng3

A common problem for Tarot readers is how to put the cards together so they make sense. Being a good storytel... More

INTRODUCTION TO TAROT
Major and Minor Arcana
COURT CARDS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
LOVE AND ROMANCE ( A NEW LOVER)
A ROMANTIC ATTRACTION
LOVER'S SPREAD
MAGICAL LOVE
GUIDE FOR LOVERS
HOME AND FAMILY ISSUES
FAMILY PROBLEMS
HEALTH SPREAD
A THIEF IN THE HOME
LOST ARTICLES SPREAD
HIGH FINANCES
BUSINESS SPREAD
CAREER SPREAD
LAWSUIT SPREAD
MONEY SPREAD
WORK SPREAD
LEGAL MATTERS SPREAD 2
LIFE'S BIG DECISIONS
MARRIAGE SPREAD
PREGNANCY SPREAD
DIVORCE POTENTIAL
ON THE MOVE
DESIRE TO MOVE
TAKING A TRIP
RELOCATION SPREAD
PLANNING A VACATION
SEEKING SELF­ KNOWLEDGE
ALL ABOUT ME
WHAT IS MY DESTINY?
FACING MY FEARS
OLD HABIT PATTERNS
INFORMATION SPREAD for the PAST-PRESENT-FUTURE
SPIRITUAL SEEKERS
SPIRITUAL ASPIRATION
REINCARNATION SPREAD
CONTACTING SPIRIT GUIDES
SOUL MATE SPREAD
JUST FOR FUN
WISH SPREAD
YES OR NO
MAGICAL LOTIERY SPREAD
THROUGH THE WEEK

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS

2 0 0
By AnnhPhuonng3

1. What is the problem?

2. The conflict?

3. Did I create the problem?

4. Am I refusing to see my part of the problem?

5. Past experiences with my partner?

6. Are we abusive to each other?

7. Are other people involved with our problem?

8. Are there financial problems affecting our relationship?

9. Will this relationship end?

Life's Big Decisions 133

Relationship Problems forjoanie

CARDS IN THE SPREAD

lst

position

Queen of Pentacles (Reversed) King of Wands

7 of Wands (Reversed)

6 of Swords

3 of Swords (Reversed) Hanged Man

6 of Wands (Reversed)

10 of Swords Page of Wands

2nd position 3rd position 4th position 5th position 6th position 7th position 8th position 9th position

READING

Question I: What is the problem?

Answer: Queen ofPentacles (Reversed). joanie is a spendthrift and would prefer not to work. She wants to be taken care of and has not found a person to

lean on who will support her in the style she wishes. Question 2: The conflict?

Answer: King of Wands. joanie has many Aries traits. She wants everything now, to be independent and free. She is ambitious, with executive talents and leadership qualities. Her conflict is in bringing the same type of male into her life who wants her to take care of him and support him. This is very frustrating for her.

Question 3: Did I create the problem?

Answer: 7 ofWands (Reversed). joanie has an infe­ riority complex and may feel incompetent. These

134 How to Use Tarot Spreads

attitudes can undermine any relationship. joanie also has a physical and material focus which is not a sound basis for a good relationship. She does not drink, smoke, or indulge in drugs and will not toler­ ate anyone who does. Due to joanie's ego needs, if she does not get attention she will end the affair. She understands that she creates her own reality but is determined to find that special person who will ful­ fill her dreams.

Question 4: AmI refusing toseemy part oftheproblem? Answer. 6 ofSwords. joanie has been tempted to run away from her problems but she understands that she must stay and face the music in order to advance in life. joanie had problems with her father when she was a child, and this has colored all her relationships with men. She has begun reading self-help books and wants to realize her part in the situation.

Question 5: Past experiences with mypartner? Answer. 3 ofSwords (Reversed). In the past, joanie believed that she did not create her own problems. She was unhappily married and finally divorced her husband and has not had a long-term relationship since then. joanie does not respect men due to her negative experiences with her dad.

Question 6: Are we abusive to each other? Answer. The Hanged Man. Up to this point, joanie feels that she has been sacrificed to the will of others. She feels in bondage, that no matter what the issue, she will not win. Fantasy and illusion cloud her rea-

Life's Big Decisions 135

soning and some of her ideas are without substance. joanie wants something from her relationships but she must learn to let go-in this way she frees herself. No one can abuse her if she won't let them.

Question 7:Areotherpeopleinvolvedwithourproblem? Answer: 6 ofWands (Reversed). joanie has siblings and other relatives with whom she is involved. Her dad died recently and she is caught up in an inheri­ tance battle. At this time she wants what she can get from her dad-it may finally resolve her negative feel­ ings about her father and she can get on with her life.

Question 8: Are therefinancial problems affecting our relationship?

Answer. 10 of Swords. For joanie there will be big changes in herproblems when she receives her inheri­ tance. Many burdens will be lifted and some of her more serious problems will be taken care of. Joanie did not have pressing financial difficulties in her last rela­ tionship, but there were emotional ones that under­ mined it. A new cycle is beginning for her, which can affect her emotionally and bring happier times.

Question 9: Will this relationship end?

Answer: Page of Wands. This Page desires free­ dom-so did joanie. The relationship ended soon after the reading.

Comment: joanie is studying spiritual work in earnest and is now more aware of her attitudes and how they worked against her past relationships. She vows to do things differently in the future.

136 How to Use Tarot Spreads

Relationship Problems for Ann

CARDS IN THE SPREAD

lst

position

3 of Cups (Reversed)

2 of Swords

7 of Wands

8 of Pentacles Queen of Cups Emperor (Reversed) 6 of Cups The Sun

5 of Cups (Reversed)

2nd position 3rd position 4th position 5th position 6th position 7th position 8th position 9th position

READING

Question 1: What is the problem?

Answer: 3 ofCups (Reversed). Ann feels she is hav­ ing an emotional crisis. There is depression, unhap­ piness, and a lack of creativity in her life. She is also having problems in her relationships.

Question 2: The conflict?

Answer: 2 ofSwords. Ann knows her problems and troubles but she doesn't want to see them. She must meditate on her problems to find answers. Ann may need to take action instead of waiting passively for the situation to clear up.

Question 3: Did I create the problem?

Answer: 7 of Wands. Ann should understand that we create our own reality. This path is a mental one and can lead to success and victory professionally.

Ufe's Big Decisions 137

and socially. Ann needs to take responsibility, not feel superior, and use her ego and will in positive ways.

Question4:Am Irefusingto seemy part lftheproblem?

Answer: 8 ofPentacles. By perseverance in learning new skills and having the strength to cope with all types of experiences, Ann will see that everything ties in together. When we are involved in difficulties, it is often impossible to see solutions!

Question 5: Past experiences with my partner? Answer: Queen of Cups. This Queen is a Scorpio and associated with love and emotions. Ann is pow­ erful, intuitive, and intense. She is a good friend and a dangerous enemy. She desires to be in control in relationships and is very loyal. Her husband is deceased and she continues to work and stay busy.

Question 6: Are we abusive to each other? Answer. EmperoT (Reversed). Ann is not realizing her potential. She must learn to follow through with her plans, not be lazy or fearful. She must accept the fact that she has to rely on herself and her inner source for guidance. Ann is a widow and independent.

Question 7:Areotherpeopleinvolvedwith ourproblem? Answer. 6 of Cups. This card refers to choices Ann must make regarding love and emotions. She will be tempted to live in the past, but the present is a hap­ pier place for her. There are new responsibilities and a potential new relationship. Other people are involved in Anns life at the present time.

138 How to Use Tarot Spreads

Question 8: Are there financial problems affecting our relationship?

Answer: The Sun. Ann is seeking truth and happi­ ness. There is a potential for financial gain, a trip, and an increase in self-confidence. There are certain limitations, but this card shows no material loss. Health and vitality are assured!

Question 9: Will this relationship end?

Answer: 5 ofCups (Reversed). Ann is still emotion­ ally drained over the loss of her husband. There is some fear of the future and little trust in a relation­ ship. She does not believe in love or romance. If there has been a relationship since her loss, it proba­ bly did not last. Comment. Ann is still young enough to get involved in a good relationship. Companionship is the answer for senior citizens and can give new direction and meaning to life. Now is the time to take a chance!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 671 48
A reader insert where the characters of the Hyperdimension meet a mysterious youth who became a phantom thief after falling into the Hyperdimension...
352 0 26
There is no telling exactly how life will unfold as it will. My journey seems as if it has just begun, but I understand that my journey has already t...
47 2 1
The Fool Card is the first in a series of mysteries linked to the tarot deck. In this first book, Xana Bard has chosen a quiet life--drinking tea, ta...
156 27 18
"Ally closed her book, laid it on her night stand and reached for her tarot cards. She was in a habit of quizzing herself, pick a card, decide what i...