Marauders & Marvel one-shots

By Nattiice

A collection of x Reader one-shots. more info inside :) Latest chapter: New beginnings- Sirius Black Request... More

request rules <3
Never been kissed - T.R.
Never been kissed- T.R. pt. 2
You're still my favorite girl -R.L.
You're still my favorite girl pt. 2- R.L.
Valentine's Day announcement!
Brother knows best- S.B.
The blind date- S.B.
Love from afar- J.P.
Valentine's dance- P.P.
Just the two of us- P.M.
Secret time- R.L.
One And Only- T.R.
New Beginnings- S.B.
Update!
Pages Of Love- T.R.
Letter from your comfort character!

Proper Gentleman- T.R.

9 0 0
By Nattiice

(MODERN AU)

Description: Tom Riddle moves to America and meets a girl of the 21st century

Warnings: Daddy issues(?), slight swearing

Word count:1.6k

A few weeks ago, Tom moved to America. His father got a job offer that he couldn't pass up. This meant Tom has to spend his last few years at Ilvermony, the American Hogwarts. The transition wasn't difficult, academically speaking. The students were another story. A lot of the students had muggle (or No Maj) parents, So they acted like muggles.

Tom had been raised in a prestigious household, he went to etiquette school because his father made sure his family was seen as very put together. Tom grew accustomed to proper conversation, he always used sir and ma'am, never used slang, and had very good grammar.

His mother told him it was best if he made some friends at school. Back home he only had a few friends, well more like acquaintances. He never got close enough to make real friends. He thought that maybe this year he'd finally listen to her.

The boys in his classes weren't people he'd like to associate with. They all told terrible "yo mama" jokes they found off the internet once, and they all shared a strange odor. Everyone seemed to already have a clique, the populars, nerds, popular nerds(there's always a few), and every other clique Tom didn't care to learn about. He had only talked to one person since he came to the school. Her name is Y/N.

She was appointed to show him his classes, they even shared a few. Normally kids only show the student what they're supposed to, but Y/N gave him the full tour. She showed him the hidden parts of the school she liked to use when she wanted to be alone. They only spoke once or twice since then, the occasional wave in the hallway.

Right now he was sitting in his astronomy class, his teacher explaining their next major assignment. Something about constellations, he wasn't really paying attention until he heard "partner work". He had been dreading this event for a while. There was always a partnered assignment, where he'd have to work with some mouth breather who didn't care about the grade. And of course, they didn't get to choose their partners.

The professor started listing off the pairs, most were people he'd never heard of. "Y/N L/N and Tom Riddle" When Y/N heard this, she looked around for Tom, finding his eyes already on her. She sent him a small smile that he returned. Tom was relieved he got Y/N, he did not want to do the project all by himself.

Turning back to face front, something tapped his arm. It was the boy sitting next to him

"ay bro you should holla at her, she bad as hell" he smirked at Tom
"I bet she likes you too"

"But I don't like her" Tom said confused about this whole interaction. Bad? I've never seen her get in trouble before. He thought to himself.

"Trust me, everyone likes Y/N. You look like someone she would like" the boy continued

What does that mean "someone she would like"? Tom just nodded not knowing how to respond wanting to end the conversation.

-

At the next class meeting, the pairs would choose what constellation they would study. Y/N had spent most of yesterday trying to pick the perfect constellation she thought Tom would like. She would ask what he wanted to do of course, but she wanted to make sure there was a backup plan.

The Professor gave her usual speech followed by what was to be expected of the project. When she was finally done, all the students were to pair with their partners. Y/N moved from her spot in the front to the middle where Tom was, seeing her coming the boy next to Tom moved.

"Good luck bro" he said as encouragement

Whatever, Tom thought.

"Hi" Y/N greeted, taking his seat

"hello" he said, silence falling over them

"So do you have a constellation in mind you want to work on?" She asked trying to ease into a conversation

"No, whatever one you'd like is fine." Tom wasn't awkward per se, he just wasn't a conversationalist. Luckily for him, Y/N had no problem with talking.

"Okay, how about the Orion constellation? It's a classic, most people know it and it's complicated enough that we will definitely get a good grade."

"Sounds great, we can meet in the courtyard tomorrow night, at 10?" Tom asked

"Yeah, that's cool" she agreed

They had about ten minutes left in class, Y/N didn't want to end the conversation. She liked talking to Tom, though he didn't really say much to her.

"What's your Instagram? We can send each other notes and stuff" she asked pulling out her phone

"I don't know what that is" he said

"You don't have Instagram? what app do you use?" she was a little surprised, most kids in the wizarding world were up to date with the no maj technology.

"None, I don't use the internet" He told her, slightly hesitant, he was afraid she would judge him

"Oh no worries, we can just do it the old fashion way" she smiled at him

She pulled out her notebook to show him what she had already written down. Tom pulled out his book as well, along with a quill and a jar of ink.

Wow, he really is old school, She laughed in her head

She watched as he wrote down her notes, every stroke was flawless. Even his writing is classy

Everything about him screamed elegant, his poster, his speech, even his hair. There was something so alluring about him. She thought about him every day since she met him.

As she was observed Tom's hand, the bell rang causing him to stop bringing her out of her daze.

"I'll see you tomorrow night," he said packing his bag, giving her a small smile

She nodded in response

-

Y/N set up the telescope while waiting for Tom to show up. He seemed to always be on time so she showed up early to make sure everything was in order. As soon as she was done, Tom came walking down the courtyard in everyday attire. 

He gracefully walked over to her, Y/N was kind of nervous. She didn't know him well enough to say she liked him, but she was attracted to him.

"Good evening" he spoke

"Hi Tom, you ready to start the project?" she asked 

He nodded, they spent the first few minutes awkwardly talking about the project until they started warming up to each other. They took turns looking at the constellation, writing down information they could use. 

The study session progressed and their conversation ventured off into various topics. Y/N asked about his life in the UK, he told her about his school life and his father's influence on it. 

"My father made sure I was shaped into a proper gentleman, he wants me to focus on my studies so I can go into his line of work." He explained

"Is that what you want?" She asked

"What?"

"Do you want to follow in your father's footsteps?"

He always thought about this question, the answer was always no. His father worked for some big company in the muggle world as an executive. Tom Sr. did everything he could to make it seem he had a perfect family. When he married his wife, he didn't know she was a witch. She told him when she got pregnant. He wasn't going to let that get in the way of his image. He's always been kind of a dick. 

"No, actually I don't. I want to be a teacher." He admitted

"Have you told him that? I don't mean to be in your business or anything"

"No, it's fine" he smiled weakly "I haven't told him, I haven't told anyone actually" 

"Well I think you should let him know what you want, it's your life. And if he doesn't like it, fuck 'em" She said, he laughed light heartedly

"Yeah, maybe one day" 
"Can I ask you something?" Tom asked Y/N

"Shoot"

"The other day in class, the boy next to me said and I quote 'ay bro you should holla at her, she bad as hell' what exactly does that mean?" He asked slightly embarrassed on not knowing slang.

"Oh, he was telling you that the girl was hot and that you should ask her out basically." 

"Oh." he swallowed 

"Who were you guys talking about anyway?" She questioned him Maybe he likes someone already, she thought

His mind raced, wondering if he should tell her the truth. He didn't want to weird her out, he liked talking to her and planned on keeping it that way. He decided it was best to be honest,

"You actually" he nervously played with his ring

"Really? that's interesting" Y/N was taken aback

"I promise I didn't know what he was talking about"

"It's okay Tom, don't sweat it" she smiled hoping to calm his nerves, she looked down at her phone, 1:45 am
"It's late, we should probably pick this up another night" She said changing the topic

"you're right" he agreed looking down at his own watch

Packing up their supplies, the two walk to the astronomy class to drop off the telescope. Silently walking the halls toward their respected house, they stop where they have to split ways.

"I'll see you in class on Monday, Goodnight Y/N" Tom spoke

"Goodnight Tom" she replied

Tom started to walk in the opposite direction, Y/N called out

"Hey Tom" 

He stopped and turned to show he was listening

"Maybe you should take that boy's advice" she smirked walking off to her common room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 0 4
~Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you.~ One shots about: ~James Potter ~Remus Lupin ~Sirius Black ~Peter Pettigrew (if requested) -PL...
7.2K 13 36
one shots
97 1 5
Slytherin Boys x reader
3K 43 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...