Clark Quintana

By bgwriter

Ang pagmamahal ay walang alam na hangganan. Ang pagmamahal ay walang pagsubok na hindi malalampasan. Ang pag... More

Clark Quintana
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 1

10 2 0
By bgwriter

CLARK

Calling all the remaining passengers with flight number PR518 from JFK to Manila, Philippines, please board the plane. This is your last call.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fucking fuck!"

Sunod-sunod ang pagmumura ni Clark habang nagmamadaling naglalakad papunta sa boarding gate ng kanyang flight pauwi ng Pilipinas. Na-late kasi ito ng gising kanina. Muntik pa nga niyang makalimutan na ngayon na pala ang flight niya.

"Hi! Good morning! May I see your plane ticket?" Nakangiting sabi sa kanya ng nagbabantay sa boarding gate. Kahit hinihinginal pa mula sa pagmamadali, he immediately gave the piece of paper to the lady who hasn't remove its smile on her face.

Madali at mabilis na chineck ito ng babae at ini-abot ulit ito sa kanya. "Here you go! You're good to go! Have a safe flight," bati sa kanya nito.

"Thanks!" He beamed at tuluyan na siyang pumasok sa sa eroplanong sasakyan niya.

Pagkadating sa loob, hindi niya inakalang ganito kalaki ang seat niya sa business class. Ang OA talaga ni Norman kahit kailan. He first settled his things and then himself to his business class seat. Once settled, he then took his phone out of his pocket and open his Telegram.

He then open his conversation thread with Norman and sent a message.

I'm at the plane already waiting to take off, love. Ang OA mo talaga, sabing economy na lang ang i-book. Btw, thanks for the wonderful send off last night! Kitakits dito pag-uwi mo! 😘 Ayaw mo pa kasi sumabay sakin!😤

After sending the message, he followed opening the group chat with his friends. The Fantastic Four.

Hi guys! Just waiting the plane to take off. Can't wait to see all of you soon! 💗

Hindi na niya hinintay ang mga reply ng mga ito sa kanya at itinago na ulit ang cellphone sa bulsa.

Nagpakawala siya ng isang malalim na buntong hininga at isinandal ang sarili sa komportableng upuan niya sa eroplano at tumingin sa labas mula sa bintana ng eroplano. Sa wakas, pagkatapos ng walong taon, makakauwi na rin siya ng Pilipinas, sabi niya sa isip niya.

"Good day Sir! Would you like to have some some water? Coffee? Or snacks?" Masigla at magalang na bati sa kanya ng stewardess.

"No, I'm good but thank you so much. I'll let you know if I will have anything I need," he said while giving a friendly smile and the lady dismissed herself.

Habang naghihintay siya na makalipad ang eroplano, hindi niya maiwasan isipin ang mga magagandang pangyayaring naranasan niya mula sa halos isang dekadang pagkawala niya sa Pilipinas. It was eight years to be exact.

Ang pagbabago ng buhay ni Clark ay nagsimula walong taon na ang nakakaraan ng ibalita sa kanya na nakatanggap siya ng isang scholarship grant para makapag-aral sa Amerika. The offer that was given to him was all expenses paid. Starting from his plane ticket, visa, his dorm and daily allowances, tuition fees, and everything. He just had to study hard, do what he wanted to do and that's it. It was a dream that he never thought that will came true.

He got to finished his Multimedia Arts degree while studying Music and Marketing Management as his minors. While studying he let himself took some part time jobs that he knew will help him propel to his greatness. Halos lahat na yata ng trabaho ay kinuha niya -- associate curator sa isang museum, freelance website designer and digital artist, and also he hopped into curating and organizing underground indie gigs for the up and coming artists and artisits in New York.

After graduating,  he have worked with some of the amazing artists within and outside of the US. He got to experience lots of wonderful things. But out of those the vast options in his field, he settled in film photography.

Lahat ng pinag-aralan niya ay worth it. Lahat ng pagod, puyat at sakripisyo niya ay sulit. And right now, he is one of the renowned film photographer in North America and in Asia. He was also a brand and marketing advisors for MSMEs through a non-profit organization in America. They helped those small business owners to grow their businesses through modern branding and promotions.

Noon, he was only living on his own, struggling, natatakot kung bukas ba ay matitirhan pa siya, o may makakain pa. Juggling multiple part time and freelance jobs that he can took back then. His degree was very demanding back then. Lalo na kapag kapos talaga. Mula sa mahal na mga kagamitan para sa mga kurso at pang-araw-araw na pangangailangan, kinailangan niya talagang magbanat ng buto lalo na nang maulila siya ng maaga.

His mom was a single mother and died when he was only at 3rd grade. Ang tatay niya? Hindi niya alam kung nasaan ito. Ang alam niya ay may pamilya na itong iba. Mula noong palipat-lipat na siya ng bahay. Isang buwan sa bahay ng isang kamag-anak, pagkatapos ay lilipat. Ganoon ang buhay ni Clark hanggang makatungtong siya ng 3rd year highschool at nagpagdesisyunang manirahan mag-isa.

Pero kahit ganoon ang buhay niya, hindi niya ipinagkait sa sarili ang luho. Luho na kaya niyang matustusan. Mula sa mga lakad kasama ang mga kaibigan, sa inuman, sa mga kagamitan, hindi niya ipinagdamot ito sa sarili.

At speaking of kaibigan, he was so grateful with his friends back then until now. They helped him in every possible way. From moral support up to financial. They lend him a hand. They were his strength. Even though all of his six friends were all well off, they were humble and they really helped him. Those were his brothers and sisters. Eternally. The family that he wanted and couldn't ask for more.

Naalala niya tuloy kung paano siya umiyak sa mga ito nang surpresahin siya noon sa balitang magiging isa siyang scholar at ipapadala sa America. Xavier and Ruby particularly, they submitted his portfolio of works, gathered recommendations from their professors, and gather all the requirements that needed. Walang pagsidlan ng kasiyahan sa puso niya ang balitang iyon. Hindi niya alam kung nasaan siya ngayon kung wala ang mga ito. Utang niya ang kalahati ng buhay niya sa mga ito.

And now, he found himself seating in a business class seat going back to his home.

He was offered a position in Arceus Multimedia. One of the renowned brand and marketing consultants and companies in Asia and North America.

Fasten your seatbelts. We're about to take off. Thank you!

Naputol ang kaniyang pagmumuni-muni nang marinig ang anunsyo ng stewardees mula sa intercom sa loob ng eroplano.

Here it was, he was finally going back to his home.

Hopefully permanently.

TIMOTHY

It was a hectic Tuesday. Lots of pending documents to be signed, meetings here and there, and marketing and promotional plans that needs to be reviewed. Ginugol ni Timothy ang oras niya sa mga ito upang makauwi ng maaga mamaya. They will have a gathering together with his friends later at one of their go-to clubs in Taguig.

A knock on his office door startled and break his eyes from the documents that he was reviewing and needed to sign. Timothy looked up and saw Vanjie, his HR director.

"Hi Clark, sorry to disturb you. Just wanted to tell you that the new Director for Brand Management updated me earlier that his flight had to have a stop over in Japan earlier but he is on his way here in Manila. Expect him earliest next week Monday, maybe?" Vanjie said to him in a lively voice which caught his attention

Tinanguan niya ito. Their previous director was a piece of shit. Muntikan mawala sa kanila ang multi-million account na hinahawakan nila. Norman, his friend and colleague was the one who flew to New York to save the deal. It was a deal with a luxury make-up brand to promote here in Asia.

Hindi siya makakapayag na mawala sa lahat ang pinaghirapan niya. He build the Arceus Multimedia from ground work. This was his dream. He dropped his Civil Engineering degree back then and finished Marketing Management major with Mass Communication as his minor.

His dad, the renowned Engineer. Rafael Castro wanted him to follow his foot steps. But it was not his calling. He wanted to build his own project. He wanted to have a business that he would him as his own. His own baby.

"No worries. I'll be meeting him soon when he get here. But you, having a good day today huh? " He asked with and arched brow which earned a chuckle from Vanjie.

Ganito siya makipag-usap sa mga tao niya. Chill, laid back, and no authority with the shit like Sir and Ma'ams. They were in the 21st century after all.

The office space he created was laid back. No walls, no dividers, just pure co-space. It helped. Especially for his employees that needed to squeeze their creative juices especially when they were having crunch times.

"Of course, duh. What's not to love and be grateful for this day?" Vanjie responded from his previous question. That, everyone is Vanjie, probably the most optimistic person in their building.

"Anyways, just wanted to tell you that personally since it this position is a big deal and Norman directly send his recommendation to me."

He nodded. "If that so, can the person start this week? Probably Thursday? Kahit pagpahingahin na lang muna natin siya bukas. We have to orient this guy right away." He then tapped his watch while looking at Vanjie with a smirk on his face.

"For your information, that person has a name. And that person's name is Clark. Clark Quintana, remember that. Don't you know him? And his works? Anyways, we can send him all the documents and contracts he needed just to help him settle. But if you want, I'll contact him for you."

He froze at hearing the name of their new director. Baka naman coincidence lang? Something deep inside him stirred at an unknown reason.

He suddenly remember that night eight years ago. Clearly. Vividly. For the last 8 years, walang taon na hindi niya naalala ang mga nangyari sa bar na yon. Lalo na kapag pumupunta silang magto-tropa sa lugar na iyon.

Pero after that night, he never saw that guy. That guy that made him think. That guy that made him second guess himself. That guy that made a mark on his mind.

Kapag bumabalik sila noon ng magkakaibigan, ang lagi na lang niyang nakikita ay ang mga kaibigan. There were times that their joined tables so they became acquaintances. But never, ever, after that night, he saw him again.

"Timothy? Still there?"

Iniiling niya ang kanyang ulo para mawala ang iniisip.

"Yeah, okay, just send the needed documents to my secretary. Tell her all the details she needs especially our contracts. Also send to her his number I might need it since he's our new director."

Vanjie just nodded and left the room.

Moments later, his phone buzzing. He looked at the caller ID and saw the name that made him smile.

"Hi Babe! How are you?"

"I'm fine babe. I can't wait to go home though. How about you? Have you had your breakfast?" the other line said

"I'm thinking that you will be my breakfast but then again you're in Paris so, nope, I haven't had any breakfast yet" he then chuckled

"Manahimik, Timothy. Eat. I'll be home in 2 weeks! See you. I love you!"

"I love you too babe. Come home to me"

After thecall, someone entered his room and saw his secretary.

"Timothy, Vanjie already gave me all the documents needed for the orientation and contracts of the new director. Do you have anything else to add?"

"Yup, Inna, thanks. Please also tell him to study all our previous marketing plans and brand relations. We have upcoming meetings with different brands and we should come up with unique ideas for each brands."

Inna nodded and left the room.

Now that he is in his own thoughts again, he stand up and look at the view of the city from his office that has floor to ceiling window and thinking about their new director.

Up until now, he still doesn't know why, but he was hoping that this Clark, is the same Clark that made his heart beat like a freaking drum roll eight years ago.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 288K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
719K 38.1K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐢 𝐱 𝐊𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ...
570K 46.8K 22
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...