[UNPUBLISHED] Split Memories...

By nightmare_carousel

Important message. The rest of the chapters will be unpublished indefinitely. More

PSA - Feb. 2022

633 17 0
By nightmare_carousel

hey

so i know a lot of you won't be expecting an update on this story but i just had something i needed to say

when the film split came out, i was young. i was just a teenager watching a thriller. i didn't think much of the fact that the main antagonist of the film was a man with dissociative identity disorder.

but having grown up, i realize just how damaging this film is to systems everywhere. it perpetuates myths and stereotypes that systems have been battling for years and continue to battle today.

the idea that a person with did is someone who is scary, unstable, dangerous, a criminal, etc. is just flat out wrong. it's wrong and it's hurting these people who are survivors of horrible trauma. this is a trauma disorder. it's not something psychotic or mystical or anything really that should be dramatized for the sake of a film. these are trauma survivors and they deserve to be treated with respect and understanding and love.

i wrote this story when i was young and i was just a kid who watched a movie, liked it, and wanted to write something for it. i didn't consider how my work could affect systems, how my work could push harmful stereotypes just for the sake of entertainment. i was completely and utterly ignorant and uninformed. for that, i am sorry.

i hope that i've grown and learned from my mistakes. i hope that going forward, i can help stop misinformation surrounding did and actually participate in good representation for systems. i'm not perfect and i know i will probably still make mistakes, but i'm trying to be better and i encourage all of you to try, too.

i'm leaving this story up, if only for this message to get out there. i urge you to do your own research on did and know that i was just an uninformed kid who was writing a story for a movie that i enjoyed, that i didn't know was so harmful. i mean i'm probably the least qualified person to talk about this, i'm not part of a system, but i am trying to be better and do better.

i will no longer be continuing the sequel to this book. i cannot in good conscious continue to work on something that will actively hurt the did community.

thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 160K 114
(Y/N) Lily Potter lives with her twin brother, Harry James Potter. They are very close and are best friends. Though it will be put to the test once t...
71K 1.2K 78
Y/n Stark, the 15 year old daughter of Tony Stark, has been isolated from the world. The only people who know about her, her parents and godparents...
1.3M 53K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...