The Royal Playboy | SUNGHOON

By as_ksn

STAND ALONE. ONGOING. PARK SUNGHOON. ❝ Why don't you show me to your room, Princess? Let's have some fun. ❞ _... More

THE ROYAL PLAYBOY
[ I ] FIRST ENCOUNTER
[ III ] ALAS
[ IV ] THE COMING WAR PT. 1
[ V ] THE COMING WAR PT. 2
[ VI ] THE YOUNG KING OF PRIA DYNASTY
[ VII ] CHANGE OF PLAN
[ VIII ] ESCAPE WITH ME
[ IX ] TRUST AND DOUBT
[ X ] HELLO, MY QUEEN
[ XI ] SEOL-HEE'S RETURN
[ XII ] LADY VIA
[ XIII ] ARE YOU MAKING ME JEALOUS?
[ XIV ] I DON'T TRUST YOU
[ XV ] TRAITORS
[ XVI ] EXPECTING A BABY
[ XVII ] YOU'RE TALKING TO MY WIFE
[ XVIII ] BIRTHDAY GIFT
[ XIX ] MIN ALIUS
[ XX ] YOU TRICKED ME
[ XXI ] HE'S BACK
[ XXII ] WHO ARE YOU?
[ XXIII ] THE FORBIDDEN CHILD
[ XXIV ] WELCOME TO HIS DARK SIDE
[ XV ] HIS TWIN
[ XXVI ] YOU WERE HERE, ALL ALONG
[ XXVII ] SOMETHING IS WRONG
[ XXVIII ] THE UNTOLD
[ XXIX ] GALILEO
[ XXX ] LOST
[ XXXI ] FOR ARI
[ XXXII ] MEMORY LOSS?
[ XXXIII ] SUSPICIONS
[ XXXIV ] FEIGNING IGNORANCE

[ II ] KINGDOM OF ARIADEN

7.4K 366 288
By as_ksn

 MIN ARI 

"Excuse me?" I spat, slightly got offended because of what he said. He chuckled and stood properly, still not breaking his eye contact with me. He crossed his arms as he traveled his eyes on my whole body.

"I am just kidding, Your Highness. I apologize if that was disrespectful." That was indeed disrespectful. Although he apologized, there was still a hint of mischief in his voice. Like he didn't mean to apologize at all.

I was just staring at him, trying to decipher the attitude he is currently showing me. Is this the real him? What was that he was showing to me and our parents earlier, then?

All of his act? I scoffed,

"It's okay..."

He flashed a smirk before shifting his gaze to the place. He roamed his eyes around, "This is your favorite place?"

I cleared my throat and nodded, "Yes. The garden."

He slightly pouted while bouncing his head up and down, trying to get amazed, when clearly, he's not having it.

"When are you moving to our kingdom?" After roaming his eyes around the place, his gaze was then fixed on me.

I looked away, "Next week."

The corner of his lips slowly rose, "I can't wait." My forehead creased as I looked at him again. He pursed his lips to suppress a playful smile.

I am slowly getting uncomfortable, "Do you have any idea when our wedding will be?" I uttered, trying to make the situation pleasant.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Don't know. Next month, I guess?"

Next month? Why are my parents rushing me to move to their kingdom, then?

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"I will take Jana with me, Ms. Kang." I declared. Ms. Kang looked at the court lady beside me who is completely confused of what's happening.

"Me?" Jana pointed herself. I didn't bother to answer her and just walked towards the black sedan. Jana walked behind me,

"Your Highness, you're taking me to Ariaden with you?" Jana asked with a hint of fear in her voice, "I-I a-am good here, Your-"

"Are you trying to oppose my command, Jana?" I looked at her. She immediately gulped and shook her head,

"Huh? Who's opposing you, Your Highness? I will gladly come with you, hehe." Jana forced a smile and I couldn't help but to smirk. She then went inside the sedan after me.

"Your Highness, the King and Queen wants to see you." She whispered beside me. I heaved a sigh and looked outside through the tinted window of the car. Jana opened the car for me while slightly bowing her head.

"Ari." Father's baritone voice filled my ears. I swallowed hard before bowing at my parents.

"My baby..." I bit my lower lip when I heard Mother's soothing voice. It seems like she's about to cry anytime soon, "I am sorry we have to do this. You may not understand now, but I am sure you will. Soon, Ari." Mother took me into her arms.

Father pats my back, "This is all for you, Ari. We will make sure to settle everything for you."

I couldn't understand a thing. However, something within me felt relieved. I placed my arms on my mother's back as Father hugged the two of us. He gently planted a kiss on my forehead and caressed my hair.

"Don't give your fiancé a headache, okay?" Mother warned me. I frowned and faced her. She slightly chuckled when she saw my reaction, "What?"

Mother, it is actually the opposite. That Prince will be my headache instead.

"Always remember to behave there, Ari. Although you will soon be part of their kingdom, that's still not an excuse to be naughty."

"I am not naughty, Father."

The King let out a laugh, "Yes, you are. You always escape the palace." His laugh slowly faded as his expression changed, "Don't go out alone like you always do in here, Ari, or at least bring a guard or your fiancé with you. Things are not the same anymore. We need you to be safe."

I heaved a sigh and nodded in agreement. Father flashed a genuine smile, "Now, go."

I swallowed hard before taking a deep breath, trying to stop my tears from falling. I pursed my lips and bowed to them, "I will see you soon."

I turned my back at them and walked towards the sedan. I went inside while Jana followed me from behind. I immediately heard a sob the moment the door closed. I creased my forehead and looked at her, "I will miss Miren..."

I gulped and looked away. I am sorry, Jana. I didn't even give you the chance to say goodbye to your loved ones.

I sighed and stared outside through the window. The car started to move and as time passes by, I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

Going to Ariaden will be a long journey.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"Your Highness..." I hummed as a response and slowly opened my eyes. Jana greeted me with a smile, "We're here."

My brows shot up. I roamed my eyes around and saw an unfamiliar place. So, we're really here.

I fixed myself before I went outside.

I was immediately greeted with two court ladies and a butler. They were all smiles the moment they met my eyes, "Welcome to Ariaden, Your Highness!" They all said in unison.

I flashed a sweet smile, "Thank you."

A court lady, who I think is the head based on her uniform, walked towards me. She bowed at me before opening her mouth, "The Prince is supposed to be the one welcoming you here, Your Highness. However, he said he has something important to do today."

More important than me? I shook my head internally. Gosh, what am I thinking? It must be one of the palace affairs. Of course, it is more important than me.

"I will be the one to show you around the palace today, instead." She smiled, "I am Ms. Han, the head court lady of Ariaden."

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Han." I curved my lips. She gestured to follow her so I did.

"I am informed that you liked the garden, Your Highness. The prince told me." My mouth opened in awe as I roamed my eyes around the place. This is three times bigger than my personal garden in Miren!

But wait what? The prince told her?

"How do you like it, Your Highness?"

I shifted my gaze to her, "This is so good, Ms. Han!"

Ms. Han flashed a wide smile, "Of course, the Prince arranged this himself."

I halted from my position. The prince did what? I unconsciously gulped. I held my chest as I could almost hear my heart beating. Ms. Han noticed my reaction so she chuckled.

"Oh, Alas? You're here. Where's the Prince?" Ms. Han's eyes widened while looking at someone behind me. I arched my brow and slowly turned around.

Alas?

"At his chamber, Ms. Han." His eyes went to me. He eyed me from head-to-toe before looking at Ms. Han as he raised a brow, like he's asking her who I am through his mind.

"Show your respect. This is the future crown princess of Ariaden."

I expected the guy to be surprised, however, he didn't show any emotion. Like my presence and my title don't intimidate him in any way. He slightly bowed, "My pleasure to meet you, Your Highness." He monotonously said.

I nodded. He looked at me in the eyes after raising his head. He then walked past us after excusing himself.

I faced Ms. Han, "Who is he?"

Ms. Han tilted her head, "He's the Prince's personal guard. Lee Heeseung. People often call him Alas."

My forehead creased, slightly got confused, "Alas? Why Alas?"

Ms. Han flashed a smile. A smile with a hint of pride,

"Alas. Because he never loses, Your Highness."

__________

[ FYI ]

Alas means ace 

Ariaden - Ar • Ya • Den 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 20.8K 43
[✧.* 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝 ✧.*] 'ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ?' "ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴇꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ." 'ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ? ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴍʏ ᴡɪꜱʜ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ.' START: 15.12.2021 END: 2.4.2022 R...
29.7K 712 26
𝗘𝗡𝗛𝗬𝗣𝗘𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧𝗦 An enchanting collection of romantic oneshots, unveiling captivating chapters that intertwine the members of Enhypen...
34.3K 1.4K 23
He was now all by himself. Or so he thought he was. How will things turn out once he meets 𝒉𝒊𝒎? Moving to Korea with his brother changed everyt...
223K 9.8K 37
She would admire him every single day. If only... he knew about it. But.. it doesnt hurt to try, right? 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕: 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 14𝕥𝕙 2020 ...