ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ʀᴀɪɴʙᴏᴡ

By Bugnoo

When Jungkook moves to Germany for his MBBS, he irrevocably falls for a straight man, the heartthrob of the c... More

Author's Welcome Note
Prologue
1. What could change?
2. Fehrman Island
~3. An old new friend
4. Breathtaking view in Fehrman
5. One mess of a dinner
6. Party of seniors
~7. The status change
8. Inviting Embarrassment Lingers
~9. Why not the other man?
10. Strict teachers mean well
11. Whole system and racism
12. Deceiving a friend
~13. The facility and grey uniform
~14. The scared father's hatred
15. Gentleman with a gentle touch
16. Fundraiser and football practise
~17. Exist on this earth
18. Notice the teenage boy
19. Fathers are a different breed
~20. Insecurities shake the core
21. End of first semester
22. Drunk and innocent
~23. New style and a new purpose
24. An attempt at cooking and connecting
~25. A working sieve
27. Trinity of feelings and vision

26. Lean musculature of a dancer

280 31 7
By Bugnoo

I Was Never There The Weeknd feat. Gesaffelstein

Jungkook

Three weeks.

Twenty days.

Five hundred and four hours of no Jimin.

Finally, finally, I was back and I wished that I had reinforcements. If pink-haired Jimin had my stomach twisting in knots, the orange hair was going to cause me an aneurysm. Blood rushed so fast that every nerve in my body was mirroring the heart's loud pumping as I spotted him in the exact same spot I did on the first day of the first semester.

I've heard about Jimin's dancing and vouched for his leaner sculpted dancer's musculature body. Delicate in his case didn't mean fragile. Polymers are also delicate, but when woven and molded, they form bulletproof glass. Jimin was like that. Agile, strong, and so, so elegant.

Taehyung was the popular one, I was good at sports, but Jimin could easily throw us both from our places if he wanted to. He played good football even when he was extra. He was among the top scorers even when I heard he didn't want to be a doctor. He was involved in almost all the extracurricular activities. He packed that kind of caliber.

He was laughing out loud over something. Thankfully, I've put a dent in the steel walls around him to let myself into the life he's created for himself and his dear ones. "Hi, Hyung!" I bellowed and two heads turned to me as I walked around the group.

Taehyung Hyung looked at me, moved forward, and offered his hand. I nodded at both of them while taking his hand for a shake. "How were the holidays, Jungkook?" He asked.

"Hey, Jungkook," Jimin answered at the same time.

After Jimin left university, I stayed behind for two more days, planning, sleeping, and drinking. On the third day, I was ready to go hit Barcelona. I flew there and stayed for two weeks. I didn't intentionally take the international roaming and spent my days hitchhiking around the city, adapting to the new culture, and healing from the silent and lethal Jimin wounds.

As the last week of the vacation started, I flew to Busan to visit my parents. All the while, my number wasn't working, but to my despair, neither was Jimin's. I wanted to hit him up, meet, and talk, but I realized he must've been using his local number, which I obviously didn't have.

When I landed in Hamburg, my network came back to life and I saw Taehyung Hyung's texts. Lots of them. The reinforcements I'd given myself about remaining buoyant about the Jimin situation coagulated into a messy coil and darkness formed a hood above my head again at the realization that I wasn't relevant enough for him to check on me even once during the three weeks. Especially after we spent the last two days at the university alone. I thought we really bonded. Guess I thought wrong.

"I was in Barcelona."

"Damn!" Jimin laughed, looking at Taehyung with secrecy as though they were sharing an inside joke.

"Damn indeed," Taehyung Hyung rubbed his tongue over his lips and looked at me with vibrancy as if he was going to explode the sunlight out of him.

"Why is Barcelona of importance?" I asked. "By the way, I am angry at you two." Taehyung Hyung squinted at me with amusement on his lips, but Jimin remained impassive, aside from a little curiosity in his eyes with a faint smile lingering on his lips.

"What did we do? In any case, I am willing to make it up to you. Say dinner at seven?" Taehyung Hyung offered.

I'd completely forgotten about his crush on me. Fuck. "Can't. I have to go pick Ulrich up from the bus stand."

"I can drive you there," Taehyung Hyung immediately proffered.

"Can we leave now?" I looked down at my wrist to check the time on the watch and looked up at his face while I asked.

"I'll bring the car around," he nodded, briskly trodding back. "Then dinner after."

I laughed. Jimin was by my side, and to my surprise and pleasure, not looking for an opportunity to bolt. In fact, he looked comfortable. "Why are you angry at me, Jungkook?" When he asked me somberly, my anger was long forgotten. All I wanted was to crush him in a hug.

"You didn't even text me once." I shrugged.

He smiled, moved his hand over his mouth, then clutched his nape before shifting his gaze back at me. "I did. But your number was out of service. Maybe it was long ago that you didn't get any notification."

Fuck that blush on his cheeks. Was he embarrassed to admit it out loud?

"I'll see you at dinner then?" I didn't know what to do with the information that he just gave me. I wanted to ask what he texted, but I couldn't. Also, where was the bitch? I'd not seen her around much lately. At first, I assumed it was because of exams that they were busy with their preparation, but maybe I was hoping too soon. It was only the first day. Maybe she was coming with Ulrich. But Ulrich would've told me. Besides, I knew she'd never travel in a bus. She was rich daddy's little bitch after all.

Anxiety wafted off me in waves.

"It's better if you two eat alone tonight," there was a teasing lilt in his voice, something that angered me.

"You got plans with Rosenow?" I looked at my looped fingers, staring at cuticles for micro-organisms. He seemed to falter and I neutralized my expressions quickly. "Why spend the first day alone in the dorm?"

"If it's okay with you both, I guess I can come, too." He could never convince a child with that sobby job of excuse.

Then Taehyung Hyung blared the honk of the blue car. We turned. I gripped his wrist. "Let's go. I am not taking no for an answer."

I guess the second semester was for new things. He hadn't slapped my hand away, so it was a win in my book. But he resisted. "Can Jimin Hyung join us for dinner?!" I screamed at the open window of the car and Taehyung Hyung's head peeked out. He gestured with his hand to come in.

**

"Ulrich wasn't fed at home it seems." I laughed at him. The same four people who had last dinner before leaving for the holidays were back again.

"Don't patronize me. I can't eat while traveling," when he was a tamed and refined version of himself in front of this group of seniors, he didn't care about his tone as he rebuked.

"I am sorry. Geez!" I frowned at him.

Taehyung Hyung was a bit silent. Maybe he did mind the other two here. I could humor him, even test if my closeness with him would affect Jimin at all. But Taehyung Hyung didn't deserve that. He had been there for me in everything, even if it was for a reason. I had to be honest with him about my feelings, too.

Jimin seemed to have caught his mood too, so he kept talking to him slowly. I was left alone to ponder. The old wood table created rhythmic noises against my knuckles and I yawned and hit my knees under it. Taehyung Hyung must have noticed it because he got up and slumped on the couch beside me. "Bored?"

"Kinda sleepy."

"Shall we order dessert then?" He asked, wanting to wrap up quickly.

"Not really. I want to watch my weight for the next few months." I replied honestly.

"So do I," Jimin cleared his throat, his focus on food. When he looked up, we were both staring at him expectantly. "Dance starts soon." He clarified as if it was obvious.

"I also wanna audition," I found myself chiming in.

"You dance?" He asked, his perfect eyebrow raised a bit.

"Sometimes."

"Jungkook," Taehyung Hyung laughed nervously. "What all are you going to do? You can't possibly drop football." There was a bit of fear and worry in his tone I sensed.

"Don't worry. I'll still be in the sports group. Jimin Hyung is there, too. If he can do it, I can also make time."

He sighed in agitation. "That's because Jimin doesn't really play. Does he?"

"But he practices every day like the rest of us." It was now a whole separate argument happening around one side of the table.

"Hey, hey," Jimin clapped his hands twice. We both jerked and snapped our necks in front. "He's right," he pointed at Taehyung Hyung. "We are only allowed one extracurricular. It would take permission from your parent to even enroll in a second activity. University can't afford the score dropping. We still have to become doctors, remember?"

I groaned. "But I really want to. It won't affect my studies. I promise I am a genius."

They both laughed at my response, and I glared in Ulrich's direction to check why he wasn't laughing. Turned out, he was knocked the fuck out on the chair.

"Please," I turned to Jimin with a pout.

Jimin looked at Taehyung for a moment before surrendering. "Fine. Auditions will start once the semester results are out. If you have an A+ and your parents allow you, I'll be more than happy to audition you."

"All that just for audition?" I grimaced.

"You will be in only if you are better than the best. Sorry, Jungkook," Jimin bit the lime between his teeth as he so apathetically broke my heart. My poor, in-love heart. I was going to enroll because of him. I was the best dancer in my school, but I was best at everything in my school. The situation was reversed here. Everyone was best at something or the other. One really had to constantly thrive to meet expectations.

"Oh," I squared my shoulders in pretend overconfidence. "I am the best you'll ever find out there."

Taehyung Hyung threw his arms in the air and grabbed his jacket before leaving us at the table. "What did I do?" I asked Jimin.

"Pretty sure a lot," Jimin laughed. "Ask him."

I didn't understand. But I wasn't going to ask. Taehyung Hyung was my friend, but he had no say in telling me what to do, or what not.

"Wanna give me a hand?" I jutted my chin toward Ulrich.

Jimin sighed before he got up.

The weather was pleasant, but the cool air compelled us to wear cotton jackets above our shirts. Jimin removed his black one to hold Ulrich better and my eyeballs almost popped out when I saw the bulging biceps and the peaks on his arm.

Fuck that.

If I had to hire a trainer to teach me to dance, I would do it. There was no way I was missing a chance to be near Jimin. I'd kept my fantasies about him very PG-13 until now, but I couldn't help but want him on my body right then. How did he get his biceps better than me? And how long until I got to hold them as he worked me on his dick?

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

4 Apr, 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528K 23.1K 46
[ C O M P L E T E D] "How do you expect me to figure out something when i am straight taehyung?" "Look we--- wait what???? s-- straight? You...?" "Y...
120K 4.1K 59
" You are my husband Jungkook not some whore, to please me whenever I want ! You have your say in everything. " - Seokjin. " You are slowly changing...
80.4K 4.4K 62
Never fall in love with your best friend, especially if he's one of the most popular kids at school, the best high school quarterback in the state. ...
1.5M 59.7K 55
Jungkook and Taehyung are mates and Jimin and Taehyung are best friends. But there's only one problem. Jungkook doesn't know that his mate is Taehyun...