The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

Chapter Two

37.1K 926 26
By MJ_Cristine

It's been two days since Abegail's parents went to visit her and the conversations they had still replays on her mind every singe day. If anyone can see her they would think she has lost her mind for acting like a complete zombie. She couldn't eat well, she can't focus on her work and the most obvious of all is the bags under her eyes. Abegail is now currently at the cafeteria with her friend who talks spiritedly while she is on her own bubble wrap.

"Abby, are you okay?" Gwen is waving her hand in front of her.

Gwyneth Davis is a neurologist at the same hospital she's working at and her best friend for almost ten years. She is the same age as Abegail and has an American father and Filipina mother. Her eyes are mixture of black-brown; with fair complexion; oval shape face; an ash blonde hair that Abegail envy to have and a pointed noise.

It was on their second year term in College when they met through lab partner arrangement. Since both of them are Filpino it was easy for them to get along and later on found out that they have a lot of common factors. Their mothers are both Filipinos; being the only child; their addiction to coffee and lastly they love Supernatural series it's like they are sisters from different mothers.

"I'm sorry what is it again?" Abegail tried to focus on her friend.

"I've been talking to you for the last five minutes and you just zone out. Where you even listening—no scratch that what are you thinking?" Gwen talks fast which is her nature.

"It's about my parents." Abegail Abegail exhaled deeply that could mean she is in trouble.

"I thought you're doing a yoga mantra because you've been exhaling

"How are they?" Gwen watched her friend's face turns melancholy for the first time since her grandfather Matthew died.

Gwen met her parents a lot of times during her birthdays and during holiday breaks. Claire and Adam treats her like a second daughter and even bring presents for her whenever they were visiting Abegail. She grew close to them since she rarely saw her own parents considering they are ten years divorced.

"They visited me last week." Abegail stays mien on her face.

"Care to share it?" Gwen can tell there is something more to it but she doesn't want to push her friend.

"They are doing great but what we talked about was not okay." Abegail is certain that her friend can read her like an open book.

"You're lucky they've got to visit you unlike mine." Gwen can't help but missed her parents.

She actually envied Abegail's life of having a great family ties compared to her broken family. After her parents divorced she devoted her life in study and never brought up the issue with her parents it was after all a hopeless case. She gave up eventually and gets on with her life just like how her parents did.

"Speaking of that how is Tita (Aunt) and your Dad?" Abegail feel her friend's emotion.

Abegail knew about Gwen's parents she even met her mom twice and four times to her dad. Ophelia, her mom is Professor and remarried a Filipino Chef while Morgan, her father is an Architect and about to be married to his Greek fiancé.

"Mom is in Spain with Rico while Dad is with his Felicity in Greece. Anyway back to your parents issue what did they tell you?" Gwen dismissed the subject like she always does.

"Our business is on the brink of bankruptcy." Abegail began sharing details.

"Oh god I am so sorry to hear that." Gwen sympathized with her friend.

"That's not the worst part; they want me to get married in three months to a billionaire's son to save our resorts." Abegail stops eating for a minute.

"I never thought that arrange marriage still exist until now." Gwen matched her action.

"I don't know what to do sissy I have been very stress about this my parents are counting on me as much as I wan't to be selfish person I can't." Abegail is close to break down.

"I know how difficult this situation is for you and the effects it will bring. We've been your friend for decade and I only saw you this hopeless when your Lolo died but then at the end of the day you'll find solace." Gwen rendered her best encouraging word.

"Lolo Matthew's death was something that we expected to happen but me getting tied up to a total stranger is not even close to reality." Abegail can't even decipher the outcome of this deal.

"But reality speaking your family business will fall down into pieces it's just a matter of time before it happens." Gwen sensible advised.

"I accepted that but my mind contradicts my own reasoning whereas my hearts goes to the people who are part of our success. I can't turn my back on them but my job, my life here and the kids..." Abegail let the tears fall that she's been warding off.

"I don't want to say it but you don't really have any options to choose but take it." Gwen offered her a tissue.

"I know and I can't live up on guilt knowing they are 3000 people who are relying on me then there's Aurora that I am responsible too." Abegail sobs more.

Aurora is her seven years old patient that she fell in love with in one of the charities she is helping. She is a smart, bubbly little girl with an innocent heart. When Abegail found out her brain tumour she took the liberty in paying for her operation and all her medical bills. Abegail made it her mission to be keep her unharm from all the pain and give anything just to see her eyes opens up and smiling again.

"You really cared for that little girl so much like a daughter." Gwen observed this eversince that patient was admitted.

"I just can't help it and I believed she doesn't deserve to suffer on that early stage of life." Abegail is staring blanky on the table and hiccuped.

"We're on the same page on that I also feel pity for that girl but you know it's against the policy to have any emotional attachment to any of our patients." Gwen made her point.

"It's hard to be on our shoes, the weight of delivering a bad news to family or just a seeing our patients suffering are heartbreaking." Abegail sipped her orange juice.

"That is because we are human and it's normal." Gwen justified her friend's emotion.

"I just hope she finds a family soon because right her only family is us." Abegail wiped her wet eyes.

"I think what's make it hard for you to decide is because you're afraid to go back to your old life and leaving Aurora." Gwen assumes that is the case.

"You're right about Aurora she has become a huge part of me in a matter of six months and I would really like to see her become lively again but my life back in Philippines is something that can't be avoided." Abegail made her point.

"I have an idea why don't you adopt her since you're almost like a mother to her since no one has come yet to claim her birthright." Gwen suggestion is like a bulb light in Abegail's head.

"Sissy, you're a genius!" Abegail widened her eyes.

"Of course! I am the best!" Gwen complimented herself more.

"I'm excited about this thanks sissy!" Abegail hugged her.

"Me too and I'm sure the orphanage will give you their blessings." Gwen pulled back from their hug.

"Thank you for always being here for listening." Abegail settled her thoughts.

"I will always be here for you no matter what." Gwen starts eating her sandwich.

This time Abegail feels better with her best friend advice that she will surely work on. Gwen feels she accomplished her goal to make her best friend smile again and she's happy about that too.

"Sissy, since we somehow solve your dilemma there is something I'm curious about--" Gwen paused while Abegail waits for her to continue.

"About what?" Abegail was clueless on whatever her friend has to say.

"The guy you're marrying with, do you even know the name?" Gwen has this goofy smile that Abegail is too familiar with.

"His name is Ivan... and don't give me that smile." Abegail went back eating but Gwen is not going to stop.

"Is he handsome?" Gwen wiggled her brows.

"I don't know it's the least of my concern." Abegail haven't really thought about it or the guy for that matter.

"How about Wesley?" Her friend's question pulled Abegail back on her earlier state.

Wesley Parker, 33 years old; cardiologist with blue eyes and blonde hair is her first boyfriend for three years. People actually associate him to Matt Damon without beard. They have been friends for six years before Wesley decided to court her even Gwen helped them during those times that Abegail's father was too uptight about dating. After they graduated, Abegail decided to introduce him to his dad as boyfriend.

Mr. Reyes throws a fit back then and Wesley got awarded with a punch but he proved to Adam that he loves her daughter. Eventually their relationship was accepted and Welsey got included in their family occasions every now and then.

"I need to tell him about the marriage but I don't know how." Abegail has a defeated aura once again.

"Well take it on a bright side sissy, your virtue is sealed you're still going to marry your future husband but the sad part is it's not your long- time boyfriend who's been willing to wait till your wedding day." Gwen reminds her.

"Since when did you become Dr. Phil?" Abegail principle is hit beyond doubt.

"Since you become the Queen of depression." Gwen tried to enlighten her friend's mood.

"Ironically speaking it is but I didn't imagine it will end up this way." Abegail almost want to blame her parents.

"Most especially not to the boy that you promised to marry once you find him yet you're here and you didn't know what his name is until now." Gwen jogs her memory line once again.

"You still remember that I already forgot that I mentioned it to you." She gasped.

"Of course I remember everything." Gwen nodded and starts giggling that made Abegail watched her as if she is losing her mind.

"What are you laughing about?" Abegail raised her eyebrow.

"I was just thinking that you will lose it and finally you will definitely be called woman." Gwen continued.

That is a fact since Abegail was brought up with that belief and a conservative family adding up her very protective father so its nealy impossible for her to hand it over like she does with her prescription but it doesn't mean she's not tempted to do. Wesley being the gentleman he is respects her and he never pressured her to go down on that dangerous line.

"FYI Dr. Davis, I'm a woman since the day I was born." Abegail retaliates.

"I'm talking about sex and the pleasure that it will give you I swear you will lose your senses once---" Gwen didn't finish her lines since Abegail stopped her.

"You're incorrigible! We're inside the cafeteria with a lot of people yet you're talking inappropriate things." Abegail threw fries on her friend.

"Sissy, most of the people here are Doctors they see penis and vagina almost everyday!" Gwen shouts a little loud that causes few people stared at them.

When it comes to sex talk, Gwen is the woman of the hour she can talk about it like a telenovela for hours. She doesn't care if there are children listening heck even the Nuns and confessional Priests included. As a matter of fact I don't even remember how many times I recited Hail Mary the first few months of our friendship.

"Shut your mouth before I shove this sandwich down your throat. You're making a scene just because of this." Abegail pointed the half eaten food.

"Fine I'll stop but seriously sissy you have to think it through it's either your boyfriend or a stranger guy." Her friend's final word got her.

Abegail knew what she had to do but the real and only question is if she is really willing to do it? That is another decision that she has to make in a matter of three months before she tied herself to a complete stranger.

Speaking of her boyfriend Wesley suddenly appeared inside the cafeteria and found them. He approached the two women who are both silent and having this cryptic eye contact that made him puzzled.

"Hi ladies!" Wesley greeted them with a smile.

"Hey babe! Thank God you're here!" Abegail moved a little to give his boyfriend a space.

"Why is Gwen torturing you again?" Wesley kissed Abegail's cheek.

"I wasn't." Gwen takes the hint of what Wesley was referring to.

"Don't mind her; Gwen is just being crazy today." Abegail sends warning signals with her eyes.

"But you love this free spirited, funny and sexy friend of yours." Gwen uses the description that Abegail onces told her.

"Guilty as charged and I won't have it any other way." Abegail smiled at her.

"So what was the topic this time?" Wesley studied them.

"Anatomy." Gwen instantly replied

"What about it?" Wesley seems to take the topic seriously while Abegail just want the floor to swallow her.

"I'm just saying that your girlfriend needs to be a woman it's already 2017 for fuck sake!" Gwen emphasized the word.

"Oh God! Please hide me from her or better yet kill me so I can't hear it." Abegail complained while covering her ears and hid on Wesley's chest.

"Gwen you need to stop before Abby dies of embarrassment." Wesley being the best boyfriend defended her.

With Abegail's face hidden she couldn't see that Wesley and Gwen are smiling seeing how she gets uncomfortable. The three of them are really close and Wesley knows Gwen's personality for being upfront when this type of conversation happens.

"Okay lovebirds my time is over I need to do rounds." Gwen checked her watch.

"I'll see you around." Wes gave her a hand wave and Abegail straighten herself.

Abegail gave her friend a cheek-to-cheek kiss and watched Gwen strode away leaving them to have some time alone giving her one last look. She knew exactly what she meant it's just that just needs to find courage to do it.

"How was the heart transplant?" Abegail fixed Wesley's collar.

"The operation is cancelled since there is complication. How's yours?" Wesley entwined their hands.

"Not much patients so I had time to check on Aurora it's been two weeks but there's no improvement on her condition." Abegail responds with weak tone.

"I'm sorry to hear that babe but Aurora is a strong girl we just have to keep on praying." Wesley kissed her hand.

"I'm not losing hope she will wake up and I'll patiently wait for her until she open her eyes again." Abegail prayed mentally for the little girl.

"She is in my prayers too." Wesley sincerely said.

"I know anyway I'm going home soon and my car is in the Auto shop for tuning can you take me home?" Abegail changed the topic.

"Sure babe but I need to get back here immediately since I have to monitor the patient is it fine with you?" Wesley told her.

"Yeah that's fine thanks." Abegail appreciated her boyfriend's effort.

It made her guiltier what she wanted to tell him considering how great their relationship is. An hour later they are inside the car driving home and Wesley has been observing her girlfriend. They talked briefly until they reached their destination.

"Are you okay babe?" Wesley gave her a side glance.

"Just tired." Abegail short responds.

"Get inside so you can rest just send my hello to Lola Julia." Wesley was convinced.

Wesley learned few words from Abegail and sometimes they spent a day just doing that. It was always fun experienced for both of them that sometimes it's almost perfect for them to have a fight.

"I will thanks. Goodnight babe." Abegail pecked his lips and hopped out.

"Night babe. See you tomorrow." Wesley sped off with a car honk.

Inside the house her Grandmother saw them and smiled and proceeds to the kitchen. Julia admits she is fond of Abegail's boyfriend because he is polite unlike the other guys who showed interest to her apo.

"You're early for dinner everything okay Hija?" Julia wiped her hands.

"I just finished my day early there's not much patients today that I had to check." Abegail sat on the chair after honouring her Lola's hand.

"Speaking of patient how was the operation to your patient with brain tumour?" Julia joined her on the kitchen counter that has three chairs.

"Aurora's operation was successful but she is still on comatose." Abegail poured herself a glass of water.

"Let's just keep on praying for her." Her Grandmother touched her shoulder.

"That's the best we could do for now Lola." Abegail sighed.

"Anyway go to your room and rest apo I will call you if the dinner is ready." Julia told her seeing the tiredness in her eyes.

"Don't worry Lola I'll help myself later just relax." Abegail placed her hand over her Julia.

"I'll just be in my room then if you need me." Her Grandmother began walking away.

"Okay." Abegail put her glass on the sink.

"Wait, did you accept my help yet?" Julia made a stop by the stairs.

"Lola you're so addicted to that game." Abegail fetched the phone in her pocket and opened the game.

"It's fun to do just try playing it for once you'll enjoy it." Julia stopped counting how many times she tells that to her.

"It's not for me Lola besides I don't want to get frustrated and burned a hole in my pocket." Abegail gives her a teasing smile.

"Silly girl." Julia let her go.

"Love you Lola!" Abegail hollered and to her room as well.

Her bedroom is painted light yellow walls that once belonged to her mother. It has double mattress, with bookshelves one side of the bed and lamp on the right side. By the corner is a full length glass window covered with white flowery curtain; at the far end of her bed is her study table where all her medical materials are placed. The white built in closet is closely located near by her bedroom door.

Abegail do one thing that she loves the most after a very exhausting day, hot shower. It's soothes her nerves and let her mind drifts to her own oasis. After dressing up on her comfortable tank top and shorts her stomach made its entrance. She head back to the kitchen and eats lasagna that Julia prepared for her. She sliced a banana and plated it along with baked salmon and mixed vegetable and half cup of rice. She placed in on the serving tray and brings to her Lola's room.

"Still playing Lola?" Abegail peep her head from the door.

"No I was just talking to one of my friends." Julia closed her device.

"I brought you food since it's already dinner." Abegail placed the tray along with her pill organizer on the side.

"Thank you how about you?" Her Lola accepted it and started eating.

"I already had mine." Abegail sat beside her.

She watches her Lola ate and they talkedhere and there but she never mentioned about the conversation she had with herparents. She was careful with her blood pressure to rise up so she just toldher about her workloads instead. When Julia finished her meal Abegail gave hermedicine before bidding goodnight. She washed the dishes and drinks Chamomiletea before heading to her bedroom. She decided to read novel to help her sleepfast and within minutes passed, she was already out.    

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 154K 52
what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7 up on his face purposely outside a supe...
333K 11.3K 33
||COMPLETED|| ||STAND ALONE BOOK|| ||NO SEQUEL|| - • Highest Rank : #37 in Romance on 21.05.2017. - "I want divorce." She said looking directly into...
1.2M 27.6K 38
(COMPLETE) B-1 "Along with that we will be divorced in 5 years! It's simple!" He just smirks at me while I'm chewing on my pen looking things over. "...
262K 9.9K 51
I was roughly brought into my room and dropped into my bed.I was burning with anger. "Where were you?", asked my mad dog husband."I'm out ",I said. "...