Sweetness Of Life ✔

By free_bird_123_

A sequel to Sweetness Of Love. Achieving a blissful existence and a harmonious family is a universal desire... More

CHAPTER - 01
CHAPTER - 02
CHAPTER - 03
CHAPTER - 04
CHAPTER - 05
CHAPTER - 07
CHAPTER - 08
CHAPTER - 09
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER - 13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 32
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
CHAPTER - 38
Epilogue
Sweetness Of Life

CHAPTER - 06

365 71 38
By free_bird_123_

"Are you getting bored?" Neil looks at me as we walk around the corridor.

"No, it's interesting," I say honestly. He's been telling me some of his upcoming business plans as he shows me around his office.

"The team is working on it and hoping that we manage to get it successfully done." He says as he slides the glass doors.

"Come." He holds my hand as he pulls me in.

"Sir." A short hair girl stands near the door as he is about to close it.

He looks down at his watch. "I'll see you after lunch."

She nods and walks away before she glances at me. I turn around and keep the bouquet on the table before I pull a chair and sit on it.

It felt nice when I came to his office, people around smiled at me as some handed me bouquets. I know Neil had asked them to do so and it made me happy because he loves me so much.

He also introduced me so proudly to everyone around, it felt special to be called his wife.

But it felt weird when I heard some girls whispering, "And she is back. Honestly, Ria matched his level. He looked better with her."

No, I'm not jealous of her. I have my own identity but it feels bad to know people like Neil with her and not me. Neil's one glare was enough to shut mouths but as I walked around the office with him every girl I saw rolled their eyes at me and I could read their eyes.

"All okay?" Neil sits beside me as he looks on curiously.

"Yeah." I sit straight as I smile at him.

"Soon you'll be owning a company and I am excited to work with you." He grins at me.

I have been a little sad as both of us resigned as undercover cops. Zar and Myra weren't happy either. I guess, some decisions in life you take even if it doesn't make you happy.

I loved doing business since I was studying and I kinda feel interested in it now that I am starting again.

"I am first going to learn before owning it." I look at him as I give him a small smile.

"Is something troubling you?" He searches for something in my eyes.

I lower my eyes as I sigh. "It's nothing."

"Look you don't have to pay attention to what people say." He holds my hands in his. "You know I love you and if there is someone with whom I look better it's you."

I look up at him as he continues. "I smile with you, I don't feel hesitated to hold your hand in mine, I feel good with you, I am happy around you. This is what makes me better right?"

I feel so loved as I watch the honesty in his eyes and I know nothing should matter to me when he loves me so much. What people think doesn't matter but I do get a little angry that people think he looks better with Ria.

"What does Ria do?" I ask him curiously.

"What?" He arches an eyebrow.

"No, I seriously want to know what she does to match your level." I look on seriously.

"Firstly, she doesn't match my level." He raises his finger. "And she overreacts." He shrugs.

"Like?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Well, I forgot." He rolls his eyes. "She is gone, forget it."

"She reaches out to kiss you when she enters in?" I ask instantly.

"What?" He rolls his eyes. "We have never kissed."

"What does she do then?" I roll my eyes at him.

"Well, she pulls out her phone, opens Instagram, and shouts out, Omg! I got so many new followers today." He shrugs. "You know overreacting stuff."

"Why are you even so interested in it?" He sighs pulling his hair.

"I was curious." I look at him. I know he is worried I will feel bad listening to the gossip, he is tense about it and I can clearly recognize it as I look at his face.

"Well, I love your office," I say I look around. I don't say it just like that it is honestly cool.

"Thanks." He nods as he sighs. "Come let's have lunch."

"You can't order it here?" I ask as I look at his tense face.

"You want to have it here?" He asks as he pulls out his phone.

"Yeah. I am loving my husband's office so why not." I shrug and he nods before he calls someone.

"You want some Apple Juice?" He asks me as he orders.

"Yes." I nod. "No." I shake my head.

"One thing." He rolls his eyes.

"Yes, No." I laugh slowly as he shakes his head. "Okay, I need one,"

I look at him as he stands up and talks on the phone. He makes sure he keeps me happy and it's my responsibility to keep him happy. I need to learn to be a good wife and mother.

I keep my hand under my chin as I think about how I was and how I am. Months ago I was a girl who worked under different names, visited different places, and shot people who did crimes. It was fun shooting honestly and the fact that I shot people for their wrongdoings is what made things interesting.

I never wanted to marry and I hated when people kissed on the streets mumbling to myself if they don't have rooms.

I met children on Sundays and enjoyed myself with them. I do miss those moments.

But it is also amazing that all of a sudden I am already married, I have my own kids. I feel like kissing my husband now and it doesn't feel necessary that we always have room to romance.

The change this man has bought in my life.

I get up and take his phone from him before I disconnect it and keep it on the table. He looks at me curiously as I put my arms around him and look down at his lips before I look at him.

"What does it mean when someone stares at lips?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Well-" He puts his arms around me as he grins. "They certainly want their beautiful lips to get some love."

I laugh and he smiles looking at me. "I love your laugh."

He keeps his hand on my cheek as he traces my lower lip. I gulp and close my eyes as he leans in to kiss me. He always starts so gently. I hold the table as he kisses my neck and I moan.

He grips my waist and I could feel the warmth of his hand on my skin. The heat between us rises and my breathing gets heavy.

We hear a knock on the door and he pulls away as he looks at my face.

"Wait a minute." He says looking at me as someone opens the door. I settle my hair and try to calm down as he stands in front covering me.

"If you had said before your lips need some love I would have not ordered lunch so soon." He grins at me. "Anyway, let's finish the lunch I have a meeting as well."

I nod and he kisses my cheek before he asks to come in.

He's so good.

❊❊❊

"Kabir wanted to talk with you but he got busy with some work," Neil tells me as I get up to go.

"What does he want to talk about?" I frown.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "He said he'll let me know if he is free."

"Okay." I nodded wondering what it might be.

"I'll walk you till your car," Neil tells as he comes along.

"You go attain the meeting, I can go by myself." I hold his shoulder. I have stayed here for longer and I don't want him to get late for a meeting because of me.

"Okay. Go home safe." I nod and walk to the elevator.

The door opens and I find a girl standing there she smiles at me as I get in.

"It's good to see you back." She smiles at me as the elevator starts to move. "Those times were so good when you and Sir were newly married. He would keep staring at you secretly as you work."

My lips curve in a smile and I feel happy to see she is smiling cheerfully as she talks about us.

"Between I am Tania." She forwards her hand. "I worked in the same department as yours but I have got a promotion now."

I shake her hand and nod. Some strangers make you happy and some make you sad.

We get out of the elevator she rushes to the cafeteria and I walk behind her wanting to buy some sweets for Navya.

Niam and Navya are at Foziah's home as her children insisted to leave them there Neil and I agreed to it. It was good meeting all of them and I again get curious about what Kabir wanted to talk about with me.

I buy some pastries and ice creams for Navya and get some cold drinks for me and wonder what to buy for Niam. I ended up buying some cookies and ice cream for him as well.

I take out my car keys and phone as I walk to my car. I get surprised as I see so many messages already in the new group made by Alia.

A lot of messages from Sara and Zar who seem to argue over something. I scroll down to see what's the topic when from the corner of my eyes I see something stuck on the windscreen of my car.

"What the fuck." I groan as I reach out to pull it.

I stop as I read the note, You aren't dead yet but you'll be dead soon, darling.

I clutch my phone and keys as I glare at it. I control myself as the anger builds up, I need to work smartly on it, no rush, no mistakes.

I look around to figure out something, not finding anything suspicious I sigh quickly taking a snap of paper and removing it. I don't move when I feel someone on my right side looking at me.

I pretend I am not aware of the unknown's gaze as I whistle and round the paper. I raise my phone as I attempt to take a selfie, the person in a brown hoodie hides behind the truck before I could take a snap.

I throw the paper near the truck and groan when he runs away. I wanted to follow but instead, I get inside the car knowing well I need to be careful.

I think about getting inside the office and talking to Neil about it but then I shrug off not wanting to disturb him. He already has many things to worry about.

I send the photo to Zar and Myra and minutes later I get a call from them.

"Are you alright?" Myra asks as I answer the call.

"I am," I say. "I saw someone in a brown hoodie," I say as I start the car.

"We are going to work on this," Zar says seriously.

"We are." I nod. "But I request you both, let it be between us."

"Neil has the right to know." I hear Myra say.

"He does but I don't want him to get worried." I stop in the traffic.

"Okay, it's your decision. Let's meet up soon." Zar lets out. I end the phone call as we decide to meet tomorrow.

I need to join Neela maa's company soon. I have to think about this brown hoodie person. I wonder what Kabir wants to talk about. I need to tell Neil I am on pills, he's probably assuming I'll be pregnant soon. I and Neil need to do Niam and Navya's birthday party planning and then their admission.

It seems there are a lot of things to do and I am already failing at it. I catch my head as I pull into the driveway.

"Mumma," Navya shouts as she sees me.

It instantly brings a smile to my face and I take deep breaths before I open the car door. Niam and Navya hug me as they kiss my cheeks. I hug them a little longer as I bring some peace.

I can do it. For me, for my family.

❊❊❊

How was it?

How was the arrival of a brown hoodie person?

Well, I don't know who he is but let's just name him brown hoodie person for now until Avni, Zar and Myra figure out who he is.

Who do you think it is?

A brown hoodie person. 😂✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 2.9K 39
It is the story of Avni and Neil. Their love story was not an easy one. Their life went through a lot of challenges. This is written more like a sc...
187K 14.1K 54
What happens when Avni gets to marry her boss for 3 months but one of them end up falling in love with the other ?❤️ Plz give it a try .. because I...
6.5K 406 11
What if the 10 years leap wouldn't have happened? #AvNeil fanfic #Naamkarann An attempt to write a part of my imagination on their moments- post jai...
158K 11.5K 58
My very first book... avneil as married couple and having different professional. Peep into it! Hope you enjoy this book! 😊 COMPLETED ON 3RD MAY...