And It Started Like This

By rentreyes

Most fairytale starts with once upon a time, but I say their story started like this... *** a MewGulf short... More

Author's Note
Join Me
Earn The Number
Nemesis
A Little Busy
Was Good
Grinding
Action
Morning After
Dead Drunk
Dragon's Lair
What Are We?
Pounding Morning
Absence
Quitting is for Failures
Spoke Too Soon
Date Me?
Breakfast
Jealousy
Last Straw
Not Again?
Tonight I'm F......
Mew's Fucking Hell
Make You Mine
Bagged You Down
Unbelievable Kanawut
Morning Marathon
Goofin' Gone Wrong
The Unexpecteds
Dipshit, I love you
Sleepy Fingers
Going Away
Missing
Welcome Home
Coming Back
Marry You
Hitched
Just Being Husbands Together

Invited

552 52 1
By rentreyes

A/N: Second update because, I'm not stress anymore. Hahaha

Enjoy!

***

There was an annoying sound, as if something was vibrating against a hard surface, as well as a blue light that was constantly blinking. Mew flopped over onto his back and grumbled.

Mew had gone to bed a little early on Thursday night. He had made it his duty not to think about Kanawut after what had transpired at Bolts and Knots. Kanawut is a liar. Kanawut, Kanawut, Kanawut, Kanawut, he'd done a good job, but he'd been sleeping a lot more since, well, dreaming wasn't the same as thinking.

He hadn't heard from the boy in a long time, and despite having his phone number on the tattered business card tucked neatly in his wallet, he hesitated to use it. Assuming he already believed he was an idiot, calling him merely exacerbated the situation.

The harsh vibrating sound bothered him once more. His closed eyes were being pierced by the flashing light. As he began to regain awareness, he grimaced. You know, I'm a little confused.

He squinted against his blurry vision as he forced his heavy lids open. The clock was found by his eyes. 1:00 p.m. He grabbed for the night stand to grab his phone and read the words on the display, realizing what had awakened him.

1 New Message.

He flipped it open, and squinted at the bright LCD screen.

From: Kanawut, G.

- Hey, come to my show tonight.

Sent: 11:13 pm

Until Mew turned over and replied to the text, he just looked at the screen for a good two minutes.

- Tonight? It's late.

He got a reply within moments.

- It's a midnight showing at The Dragons. You should come.

- Why?

- You want to see me, don't you?

- I don't care.

- Yes you do. I'll see you soon.

To himself, Mew cursed. He debated for approximately 10 minutes where he should advise the little fucker to put it. It wasn't as if he'd given Mew a heads-up before he arrived. Perhaps he had some plans for tonight? Perhaps he has a date or tickets to a fantastic event. It didn't matter that he was going to bed early because he was a lonely loser. If he was only texting now, less than an hour before the event, how much could Kanawut possible want him there? Then, as he always did, Mew jumped into the shower. In five minutes, he was dressed and ready to go, and he did so in a timely manner. For the most part, he avoided looking in the mirror. If he didn't want to start second-guessing himself and wasting time, he decided that would be the best option.

His phone buzzed once more as he rode down in a cab.

From: Kanawut, G.

- Come round back. I'll get you in.

The cab pulled over just as Mew was closing his phone.

"150 baht, sir."

He hurriedly paid the driver and thanked him as he walked to the back of the building through a dark, dirty lane. Kanawut was smoking casually against the brick wall beside the back entrance when he turned the corner. Gulf looked up when she heard Mew's pricey sneakers click on the pavement.

"You made it."

As he approached, Mew felt a little uneasy and nodded as he neared. In his pockets, his fingers curled eagerly. he'd been tanked the last time he'd seen Kanawut. He felt humiliated by their brief encounter and resentful that the dark-haired thief continued gaining the upper hand.

"Do you smoke?" Mew inquired, little perplexed. He cleared his throat, his voice had sounded a lot more restrained than he'd expected.

"Nah," Gulf responded as he exhaled a smear of smoke right in front of Mew's nose. "It's a cigarillo if you can smell it."

It was Mew's first time smelling something new. The smoke had the odor of... "Vanilla?"

The butt was put into a bin at his feet after he finished it. "Yeah, they're flavoured little cigars. I treat myself every now and then."

Mew simply nodded. He didn't know where his voice...or his balls, for that matter, were tonight.

"Let's get in there, we're about to start," he said as he opened the door for Mew to follow.

The backstage was readily accessible via the door. Except for the light coming through the thick black curtains' cracks, the interior was almost completely dark. Mew noticed a young man standing towards the front of the stage as he began to introduce the band via the openings.

Gulf murmured softly, pointing to the set of stairs that hugged the wall immediately to their right and said, "Head down the stairs here."

When Thanayut approached, peeking through one of the curtains, Mew turned his back to the stage. He quickly whispered, nodding to Gulf, "Hey! Gulf. Let's go!" He gave Mew a dagger-like glare, but he didn't appear startled that he was there.

"Okay," Gulf said, looking back to Mew. "I'll find you afterwards, yeah?"

Feeling a bit like a bobble head, Mew nodded wordlessly again. He could hear the MC pepping up the crowd. He turned to head down the steps but a firm hand grabbed his wrist, tugging him back.

"Hey," the brunette stalled, a smirk splitting his features for the first time since Mew had showed up. He drew the brunette hair and puts two fingers down the waistband of his pants. If Kanawut hadn't been looking up to meet Mew's gaze, the top of his head would have reached the center of his nose, and the tips of his hair would have tickled his dark lashes. Gulf bit his lower lip and gave him a rough, rugged kiss. As if his nervous system had sprung back to life, Mew's senses tingled at the touch. On Gulf's tongue, he could taste the exciting combination of vanilla and nicotine... It ended all too abruptly.

When he pulled away, the man gave him a wink. "Have a good time."

The guy on stage yelled, "And now they're here! Zenith Friction!" Gulf pushed away from Mew, bounding onto the stage, as the crowd exploded in excitement.

Gulf's voice started up straight away as Mew slipped down the steps and into the crowd, accompanied only by the playing of his electric guitar.

"Pain, without love,

Pain, I can't get enough.

I'm a fan of a lot of pain.

Because I'd rather feel something than nothing."

The sound of Gulf's rich vocals sent a chill down Mew's spine. His scratchy, cracked voice was so sensuous that he had nearly forgotten about it. He finally reached a position in the room where he could see the stage and stopped to watch Gulf in a daze as he pushed through the crowd.

With the start of the first verse, the rest of the band joined in, but Mew didn't notice. He couldn't see anything but Kanawut clutching to his microphone stand. Under the bright stage lights, he was wearing jeans and a black a-shirt, and his tanned skin sparkled. He didn't have his hat on tonight, and his thick, unruly curls were dangling about his eyes in a haphazard fashion. As he sucked on that enticing neck, Mew pictured his hands wrapping into those raven strands, fisting in them with a hard, stinging hold. Mew only recognized there was a small part of him that was fixated on his hat when he noticed it was missing. There was something to be said about Kanawut's image's chaotic youth... With his fangs, Mew wanted to take off all those boyish garments.

"You've had enough of feeling numb.

That doesn't mean you're alone.

I'll take you by the hand, and I'll show you how to do it.

So you can grasp an universe that I'll present to you.

This life is rife with suffering.

When happiness isn't a viable option.

Don't be afraid to grab my hand,

You'll know when the lights go out."

The slim figure of the boy, the way his muscles moved when he banged his guitar or forcibly grasped the mike, the way his torso snaked with exquisite agility hypnotized Mew once more...

After that, Mew was paying attention to his expression, the strain on his face, and the fever that poured into his song.

"Agony and rage,

Are far preferable to suffering.

My plan is well-thought-out.

You'll know when the lights go out...

The absence of love, the absence of the absence of pain, the absence of the

I can't get enough of pain.

I'm a fan of a lot of pain.

Because I'd rather feel something than nothing."

His eyes, though, are a different story. His eyes were captivating, enthralling, and emotive. Mew had the impression that he wasn't the person you thought you saw in his eyes. Behind the green, Mew couldn't quite make out what was swirling there. It was, nevertheless, present, and it was amazing.

The crowd leapt in a frenzy and echoed the lyrics as the song ramped up in a thunderous bridge. The drums and powerful bass suddenly stopped, and all that remained was Gulf's alluring voice and the calm strumming of his guitar strings for a brief while. All that was left was Kanawut, his eyes closed and his mouth pushed to the microphone, as the rest of the band members and the crowd froze. What Mew would have given to have the microphone in his hand.

It was as if nothing had happened. This time, Gulf was quieter, his voice filled with sorrow and tension, as if he was preparing for something bigger. As the drum's foot peddle kicked in, the melody progressively became.

"Pain, without love,

Pain, I can't get enough.

I'm a fan of a lot of pain.

Because I'd rather feel something than nothing."

Afterwards, they began to move again, with the music picking up where it had left off. Mew was able to look away from the bar and make his approach to it at this point. He sat down on a bar stool, facing the stage and leaned his elbows back against the counter, after a brief thought, instead of ordering a drink.

Mew was unconcerned about his surroundings, his focus was totally on the man on stage who was singing. As a result, he was unconcerned when a cute brunette-haired man began to approach him. With a weak smile on his lips, the man said nonchalantly, "No drinks tonight?" He appeared shy.

It startled Mew that he had been hauled back into the actual world. "Uh, no," he said, his attention moving back to the stage without a second thought. "I've had enough for at least a week," he says.

The boy chuckled. As a matter of fact, I'm sure we've all been there.

Mew drew his eyes away from Kanawut with some difficulty when he heard the newcomer's cheerful and friendly chuckle, trying to get a good look at the stranger. He had a lovely face and beautiful blue eyes, and he couldn't have been much older than eighteen. His light-sun-kissed skin was emphasized by his sandy hair, which was speckled with what appeared to be natural golden highlights. His attire was sophisticated, even adolescent-as if it had sprung straight from the pages of an American teenager's magazine.

With a lovely smile, the child said, "I'm Turbo," and extended his hand.

"Suppasit," Mew said as he shook his hand. "Mew Suppasit."

Turbo asked, "Mew? I like it. It's interesting."

Mew couldn't help but smirk a little as he spoke. This Turbo was a completely different kind of person from the individuals that typically surrounding him-so innocent and soft-spoken. Mew was prepared to wager that the boy had never spoken a word of sarcasm before.

"Thank you," Mew replied, despite the fact that his focus was now on the stage, where Gulf was thanking the crowd for their excitement after the first song had ended.

Turbo inquired, "Are you a fan?"

"I'm sorry," Mew said, his voice rasping in his mouth "In a sense, in a way."

Turbo gave a grin. "Let me guess, it's the singer." He raised a gentle brow in Kanawut's direction. "I wouldn't blame you. I don't think anyone would. He's fantastic."

"I'm sleeping with him," Mew mumbled, stunned himself. He didn't mean to say anything like that, and he wasn't sure where it had come from. Besides, such a statement meant that he and Gulf were more than just friends. No matter what they were. It was, on the other hand, technically correct. A trip to Kanawut had been planned for him earlier in the year.. A number of wonderful times. Moreover, Kanawut had slept in his bed all night. Both senses of "sleeping" were well-covered in this case.

Turbo's eyes widened, both of his brows drooping into his wavy bangs. It's a joke, but it's true.

Despite himself, Mew smiled and met his eyes.

"Oh my God, you are. That's crazy. I'll be candid, I'm extremely jealous."

Mew was thinking of telling him not to be. Getting involved with Gulf had been like trying to put together a million-piece jigsaw puzzle with the wrong picture as a guide. That he was lost and perplexed, trying to put parts together that didn't even make sense in the end.

"However, it's not surprising to me that he'd choose someone like you."

Whether the comment was meant to be negative or positive, Mew squinted at Turbo, confused.

After reading Mew's perplexed face, the boy added, "Oh, I mean that in the greatest conceivable way." He shrugged, "That bloke can choose from hundreds of guys, so it's only natural that he'd choose someone who's on level with him." "And, you know, it works because you're beautiful."

For a brief moment, Mew smiled. "I'm humbled, but we're not together."

Smirking, Turbo "Compared to the rest of us, you're a lot closer."

Mew continued to watch the show as he chatted with his new acquaintance, finding solace in the boy's observation. Mew was eventually persuaded by Turbo to have at least one drink, and the young brunette purchased a beer for him. Mew was satisfied with the two beers he'd had and was joking lightheartedly with Turbo by the time the band finished their last song. Despite the fact that the new friendship was unexpected and unique, it was strangely delightful. In the end, they exchanged numbers.

As the band vacated the stage, the majority of the customers gently trickled out, or settled down around the pool tables for a few more games, they continued their casual talk. Mew's attention was drawn to something in the corner of his eye. Gulf sprang down the stage and walked across the dance floor, right for them, as he glanced over.

"Wow, here he comes," Turbo whispered. "I guess this is my proof you weren't lying."

Kanawut was already on them as Mew grinned, but he didn't have time to respond.

"How did you find the show?" the brunette said, her breath still a touch short.

Before Mew could even open his mouth, Turbo shouted, "It was great!"

At him, Gulf smiled. "I don't think we've met before," he said, extending a hand to Turbo's.

"Oh, Kanawut, this is Turbo," Mew said, puzzled as to where his manners had gone wrong.

"Turbo, Kanawut."

"Hi. Call me Gulf," With a grin on his face, the brunette jerked his head towards Mew. "Only this prat calls me Kanawut."

Turbo chuckled. "It's a pleasure to meet you; you're an amazing person."

Gulf replied, "No, I'm not." Mew's eyes widened as he said, "But thanks." "Are you ready to travel, Suppasit?"

"Where?"

"Have a party upstairs in the owner's house."

Mew glanced up at Thanayut, who was still packing his drums, and asked, "Are you sure Red's cool with that?"

"He's not happy about it, but he understands that it's not his decision," Gulf said with a smile on his face. "I'm confident you'll make it as long as you don't call him 'Red' to his face."

Mew sneered. "I'm sorry, but I can't offer any promises."

Turbo was star-struck as he listened with wide eyes. "Wow, Mew, that's a lot of jealousy. Are you going to play with Gulf and the band?"

Mew shook his head in disbelief and walked away. He didn't understand what the fuss was about, band or no band. He'd mentioned he'd recently moved from a small town, however. In comparison to what he was used to, he expected this to be a lot of fun.

"Would you like to join us?" Gulf inquired.

Turbo sighed. You can't possibly intrude." "Oh, no, no, no. I can't possibly intrude."

Gulf mumbled under his breath as he laughed and made a small lean towards Mew's ear. "Why is he talking to you when he's so cute?"

Mew's tone was dry as he replied, "Ha-Ha."

"No, I insist, Turbo, come with us. You can meet Mild's brothers. They'll love you."

*** to be continued ***

Won't make this long so how was this chapter? I hope you like it loves.

ren 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.1K 21
Where Mew and Gulf's parents want the boys to get married to help their art business. The boys will have to dive into roles as husbands to please the...
124K 7.2K 27
* What if a prank results in two people getting married by chance? Can they deal with the aftermath? Or will they lose their sanity, their patience...
222K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
10.6K 238 22
*Forever Yours...* Follows The Journey Of Four Childhood Friends:- Ash Ketchum Hailing From Pallet Town Is The Current Alolan Champion and research f...