Fight For It

By mindlessselfiero

When bad things happen in the past, sometimes it takes a great person to pull you out of that darkness. Gera... More

Puke Face

Does Someone Have a Date?

13 3 3
By mindlessselfiero

Work dragged on, feeling longer than ever. Frank may have been a reason, but I hated social interaction, this day was getting worse by each customer that walked in.

I started falling asleep as i was leaning my head on my arm that was on the counter until Lucy tapped me. "Gee." I moaned something in the ballpark of 'I'm sleeping' and 'Go away.'

"Gee, pumpkin, You can go home now." I looked up at her and she shot me a sweet smile.

I stood up and shook out my hair lazily, while some guy stared at me from across the diner. He smiled at me and I looked down. I hate people.

I walked out to my car, unlocked the door and sat down. My hands were shaking, though I wan't certain if it was the coffee or the fact I'm nervous to go home.

I drove to my apartment, walked up to it and unlocked the door. I walked in to find Mikey sitting on the stool, eating what looked like the mac and cheese I bought on my break and Frank next to him pouring juice.

Frank looked at me, while pouring the juice and it almost overflowed. I stifled a giggle.

I walked over to Mikey and patted him on the back. "Hey Mikes, how ya feelin? Your stomach good?"

"It's feeling better, the reaction of the pills with the alcohol let up a little."

"Did you call the doctor?"

"Yeah, he said I should be fine but no more drinking with the pills."

I nodded and Mikey looked at Frank, "Thanks for everything today."

"No problem." He smiled and looked down. He was so cute. "I gotta head home though, I have work in the morning."

"Can I walk you out?" I said, trying not to seem to eager to talk to him alone. "Sure." He said, though i couldn't read his expression.

I walked out of the door and Frank followed. We walked in silence until we got to the door leading out of the complex.

"So uh..I uh.. I was wondering if you maybe..wanted to hang out tomorrow? Ya know..after work?" I stammered out, barely having enough breath to get it all out. Frank was causing me to be short of breath, I felt like a teenage girl.

He stopped and looked out the door. "You mean without your brother puking on me." He winked "Sure, I'd like that. What time."

"I get out of work about four... So like five?"

He nodded and headed out the door. Was this a date? Gerard shut up who cares if it is. What if he's straight. No one that pretty is aloud to be straight sorry. Not around me anyway.

I laughed to myself and walked back to the apartment. I opened the door to find Mikey sitting on the couch flipping through the channels.

I sat next to him a little too close making him grunt and move away from me. I took the remote and turned the tv off. "Why were you drinking Mikey."

"I uh..no reason."

"There's obviously a reason, you've been clean. You know you can't drink on that medicine. What happened."

His lip started quivering as he leaned in for a hug. "It's..my mind...the pills aren't working anymore."

"I'll take you to the doctor alright. We'll get you something that helps you okay?" He shook his head "I'm tired of feeling so fake inside. I don't know."

"Getting drunk isn't gonna help. You know that and I know that." He squeezed his eyes shut as if he could forget his problems by doing that.

"You can stay with me until we get into the doctor. I'll call tomorrow and make an appointment, alright?"

"Thank you big brother, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you." I smiled and rubbed his back "same with you Mikes."

That night Mikey slept on the couch and I slept in my bed. I woke up six times, three times screaming from the nightmares. I hated them. Mikey hadn't heard me because he was used to the yelling at night, I guess.

In the morning it was hard getting out of bed, just like every morning. I didn't want to go to work particularly today, for Mikey's sake and my own. The coffee pot was already turned on when I got into the kitchen.

I poured myself a cup and found a note next to the pot.

Hey I went to work today. I'll call you when I get home, don't forget to make an appointment for me please. I love you ~ Mikey

I smiled and picked up the phone calling the doctor.

"Hi I'd like to make an appointment for my brother Mikey Way."

She blabbered on about something for five minutes but I wasn't listening. I was sketching on the piece of paper Mikey left. I didn't realize what I was drawing until we hung up.

I was drawing Frank. His cheekbones and jaw line were so easy to draw, considering they were so perfect. He was perfect, I hope to get to know him better.

I decided to go to work, considering I had no excuse to stay home. I got in the car and drove the the diner. Lucy wasn't in today, that means either Pete or Ryan were.

Thankfully it was Ryan today, I can barely handle Pete sometimes. I love him, but sometimes silence is nice, I don't think he believes that. "Hey Gerard, can you go grab more cups in the back for me, please." Ryan said, looking like he was struggling with taking orders from customers.

I grabbed the cups and helped Ryan with all the early morning customers. A few stragglers in between breakfast and lunch.

"Hey what can I get you." Ryan asked him, I was in the back so I couldn't tell who he was talking to. "Just a cup of coffee, to go please." I recognized that voice. "Frank?" I called from the back.

I walked out as he was grabbing his coffee. He smiled, that perfect little smile. "Hey Gerard, I didn't know you worked here?"

"Yeah for a while now, actually." I couldn't stop smiling, something about him brought it to my face.

"Okay well I have to get back to work. I'll see you at five right?"

"Yeah, wait is there anything you wanted specifically for dinner?"

"Um just no meat. Im a vegetarian."

"Okay no meat." He walked out and Ryan nudged me.

"Does someone have a date tonight?!" I could feel my face turn bright red. A date? I hope Frank thought it was a date.

"Maybe." I said walking back into the kitchen without another word.

Ryan didn't bother me about it for the rest of the work shift. He's like that, not pushy and waits for the right time, unlike Pete. Which is why I'm glad he wasn't working today.

"Alright Ryan I'm leaving, are you locking up?"

"Sure thing."

I walked out of the diner and zipped up my black leather jacket. The air was turning brisk and the sun was barely hanging in the sky, looking tired from the long day.

I made spaghetti without meat sauce for Frank and I. I set the table, debating whether or not to put a candle in the middle. I decided not to, wondering if Frank thought this was casual.

There was a knock at the door and I walked to open it. "Hey Gerard." He smiled as I smiled back. He looked stunning in his black skinny jeans and short sleeve black button up shirt. Not too dressy, not too casual, I liked it.

"This spaghetti is delicious." I was glad he liked it, my meals consist of Mac n cheese and ramen noodles. Paying off college debts with a crappy diner job isn't the finest way to live, but it's working.

"What do you do Frank?"

"I work at the bar down from your diner."

"Oh." Is all I could say. I haven't stepped foot in a bar since before it was legal for me to drink.

"It's a shithole, but at least it pays the bills." I smiled and stared at his eyes. There were the most perfect hazel color, mine were nothing compared to his. I know they say 'the eyes are the window to the soul' is bullshit but right now I'm starting to believe it.

"Quit staring at me." He told me as his cheeks turned the color of the sunset outside.

"I can't, you're beautiful."

"I've never been called beautiful before."

"Well you are, don't listen to anything else. You're perfect."

We walked out onto the balcony to watch the sunset. "Do you ever wonder why there's such shitty things going on in this world, yet there's things as beautiful as this?" He asked me as he was looking at the sunset. I was just staring at him, hoping he sticks around for a little.

"Gerard?"

"Mm?"

"I kinda like you."

"I kinda like you too, Frank."

"Can we do this again sometime?"

Remembering it was Friday I asked him "do you wanna come over for a movie or two tomorrow night?"

"I'd love that."

I walked him out of the apartment building to his car.

"You really are wonderful Gerard."

He smiled and hugged me. It felt so nice to have someone hug me, no one ever does, no one ever has.

"I'll see ya tomorrow."

"See ya." He said as he pulled away, got into his car and drove off.

{Holy crap, I really apologize for taking so long to update this story. I can't tell how long this chapter is because I wrote it on my phone. Tell me if you like it because I'm iffy about it. I promise it won't take me nearly as long to update again. I love you allxox}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 12.4K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
343K 12.1K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
430K 29.4K 44
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
983K 24.7K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...