𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐫�...

By dreammcatcher

"You're angry, frustrated. You want some form of release. I can help you with what you want." I drop my hand... More

Author's Note and Character Aesthetics
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
Epilogue - One
Epilogue - Two
Exclusive Chapters
Spin-Off: REIGN (Everett's Story)

THIRTY EIGHT

27.8K 1.2K 207
By dreammcatcher

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Happy early update! Whilst you're here, follow my second writing account SavannaWritess where I'll be posting BxG YA romance books in the future!

By the seventh day I had crumbled, nothing felt real anymore and I was five seconds away from destroying everything in the house. Nella had convinced me to spend some time with the pack for a day or so but when the sixth day slipped into the seventh, I moved back to my office.

I couldn't bear seeing anyone, especially when they all had their mates and I am never going to hold mine again. This was it, I was accepting my loss. They kept telling me to wait, and to remember that sometimes the locket takes a while to take action. Which I didn't understand because how could they know? Diamond was the one who told them about it and none of them knew if it would actually work.

But it had been far too long now, they were just trying to keep my spirits high. Convince me that she would wake any given second but the reality was, she was never coming back. She was long gone from this universe, from my life, I needed to stop kidding myself.

And I never got to say goodbye.

I never got to tell her how I truly felt. Regretting all of those times I pushed her away when things were getting too real inside my head, when I was scared of my own feelings. Wishing that I had just accepted her and loved her, stopped being a fucking asshole and accept my emotions.

Oh how much I'd give for one last day to hold her, cherish her and never let go. To smell her scent for one last time, to have her skin on mine whilst she held onto my body, to get one last sassy stubborn comment.

It was too late now, she would never know how I felt because I was too much of a coward to tell her when she was right here in front of me. I could have said more, I could have admitted more but I didn't because of my pride and now to me, that sounds stupid.

Cleo means more to me than my pride, she deserves the world and I failed to give that to her. I failed to protect my mate, I failed everything and now I'm paying the ultimate price.

My head rests onto my hand, slumped over my desk and staring into thin air. I didn't even know what to do anymore, I felt brain dead. My eyes had ran dry days ago, not one splash of water would leave my eyes.

It's like my body was going into hibernation mode and I couldn't even express the tiniest bit of emotion. Because Cleo was dead, how could I ever be happy after my soulmate has left the Earth forever?

Grief and guilt paralysed me the most, holding me captive and not allowing me to think of anything else but how I wasn't there for her. How I didn't know... I should have known. How could I not know?

These thoughts go round and round in my head on loop, torturing myself because I couldn't think of anything else. How could I?

Cleo... my Cleo.

"Fuck," I curse to myself and drop my head to the palms of my hands. "I'm so sorry."

A loud crash disturbs my train of thought, I pull away from my desk and glance towards my door. The sound of staggered stumbling and then an echoing that made my eyebrows crease, it sounded like someone had decided to move in and throw all the furniture around.

Just as I stand from my desk to investigate, my name rings in my ears. "Kassian!" It was quiet but I could just about make out the syllables.

My feet can't carry me to my office door quick enough, gripping onto the handle and swinging it open as fast as I could. I emerge from my office and stand out in the hall, unaware of where the noise was coming from.

The sound of stomping footsteps shoots down the hall.

That's when I saw her.

Her brunette hair falling over her shoulders, her body stumbling into the wall gently. She attempts to glance around, clearly still disorientated from her seven day coma.

Cleo's eyes find mine, my knees almost buckle at the sight of her. My lips part and tears gather in my eyes instantly. I push off the floor, my legs carrying me to her quickly. She attempts to meet me halfway but her weakness was evident.

I open my arms wide, her limp body falling into mine as I engulf her tightly. My hand clutching the back of her head as we lower to the floor, feeling the bond race through my veins a thousand times a second.

Finally managing to take a breath, holding my soulmate between my arms, her ice cold skin against mine was making me shiver. Goosebumps stretching out across my body as she grips onto my hoodie with her nimble fingers.

My wolf howls in satisfaction and forces me to try and warm up her body. Every inch of her felt as cold as ice and I never wanted her to be alone again. Heat wraps around my heart, inhaling her sweet scent deeply almost sent me off into a frenzy, but I regain my consciousness and focus on now, on her.

She smelt so beautifully delicious to me. And she was all mine. This perfect being was all mine.

"Oh baby," I mumble into her hair to release a tight breath I'd been holding, rocking her body ever so gently. "You're home, you're home and you're safe now."

Cleo releases a small cry, my arms strengthen instantly. Not wanting to let her go for another second. No one could take her away from me again, she wasn't going anywhere because I couldn't bear another second without her.

I pull back for a moment and take her face between my hands, her chilly skin radiating through my warm palms. Her hazel green eyes flick between mine slowly, light pink rings around her eyes and her perfectly plump lips part softly.

Tears fall down her cheeks and I use my thumbs to wipe them away instantly, lowering my forehead down onto hers. My eyes close with content, she was here and back in my arms. Finally being able to breathe and escape the deep ache inside my chest.

When I open up my eyes again her lips begin to tremble, setting my eyes off with tears. "I am so angry at you," I breathe out slowly, my chest heaving unexpectedly. The words fall from my lips without warning, being able to lay my eyes on her was setting off unknown emotions inside my body.

Cleo's eyes shut tightly, droplets falling from her lashes and down her face. "I know and I'm sorry," she exhales quietly.

Her voice completely broke me, sending shivers down my spine and my wolf beginning to howl inside me. "I'm so sorry," she chokes out a sob. "I never wanted to hurt you."

My heart breaks inside my chest at her sudden distress. I shake my head instantly, regretting what I had said. Somehow I needed to express how I had felt this last week, how I had felt being without her, fearful that she was gone and I'd never get to see this beautiful face again.

I was angry at the situation, I could never be angry at her.

"No, no," I murmur quickly as her eyes flutter open to look at me. "I was angry but I'm not angry anymore. I didn't mean that, God. Cleo, I didn't mean that."

"You can be angry at me," she whispers as tears fall towards her mouth. "I understand why you would be. I just wanted this to all go away. To save everyone from her for good."

"I just wished you had told me," I drop my tone and continue to push away her tears.

"You would have stopped me if I told you." She responds.

"Too fucking right," I state instantly. My head shakes again as I push her brown hair away from her face and cupping the back of her neck gently. "That doesn't matter now, what matters is that you're here and I'm going to look after you." I say before placing a soft kiss against her forehead.

Cleo's hands wrap around my body as she lowers her head into my chest, listening as she exhales a small breath. "I felt like I've waited years to feel like this, to feel normal. To not be controlled by some stupid power."

I clutch onto her body tighter and rest my chin on top of her head. "I know you like to be the saviour but you don't have to do it all the time. I don't want to lose you again." I mumble into the top of her head.

She pulls back her head slowly and glances up at me, her eyes looking red and tired. "I'm not going anywhere, never again. This is us for life now." She tells me with a small smile.

My lips hum instantly, my hands clutching her face once again. "It sure is baby," I say before nuzzling my head into hers. "Are you feeling okay?"

Cleo nods after a few moments. "I just needed to see you," she whispers. "I feel exhausted but I'm okay."

"Whatever you need I ca--" I stop talking as soon as I see Nella and Hope emerge from the kitchen in a hurry.

"Cleo!" Nella cries suddenly.

Cleo whips her head around to Nella and Hope as they run towards us. Nella drops to her knees, sliding across the wooden floor to get to us. She wraps her arms around my mate instantly, both of them exhaling a sigh of relief.

"God, I missed you so much," Nella holds onto Cleo's body tightly and clenches her eyes shut. "I am so happy to see you."

"Me too," Cleo nods with a small whimper.

I could feel a rush of happiness, sadness and then a severe case of overwhelming feelings filter into my body. Cleo's emotions were bound to be heightened, she had been waiting for this moment for far too long.

Hope follows Nella's lead and lowers herself to the floor, reaching around the both of them to share a hug. "You have no idea how grateful I am for you Cleo," Hope mumbles into her hair. "You saved my life and I will never be able to make that up to you."

Cleo shakes her head as they pull away gently but keep their hands on each other. "You don't need to make it up to me," she slowly wipes her eyes. "I'm just pleased to be here with you guys."

Both Nella and Hope's expressions soften. "You are a true superwoman." Nella grins back at her as she strokes the back of her head.

"I couldn't have done it without you Nella. Thank you for sticking by me, for helping me." Cleo exhales slowly, her body beginning to hunch over with exhaustion. "I didn't doubt your powers for a second."

Nella's smile extends before Hope gives her shoulder a squeeze, then the three of them hug again. Squeezing onto each other for dear life.

"I think we should give Cleo some time to rest," I speak up to catch their attention.

Nella and Hope glance over at me, dropping their hands from Cleo's body. "Of course, sure," Nella smiles towards me with glassy eyes.

Cleo turns back to me with a lazy smile. "Are you hungry?" I ask.

My hand slides up her back gently, her skin still freezing cold.

"Starving," she nods.

"Can I make you something?"

Nella's mouth falls open before she smiles. "Kassian, cooking? I must be dreaming." She comments.

Hope passes a laugh which makes Cleo chuckle, the sound made my heart thump hard and I wanted to hear it on loop forever.

"I'll eat whatever," she shakes her head. "But first I want to shower, brush my teeth and drink a gallon of water."

"We'll be in the living room if you need us," Nella says as she grips onto Hope's arm, both of them standing from the floor.

"Okay," Cleo's quiet voice mumbles.

I watch as they both turn and walk down the hall. "Here," I say as I grip onto Cleo's body and pull her up from the floor. "Let's get you showered and I can get you some water."

The corners of her mouth twitches up tightly. "Sounds great," she says as her eyes fall shut for a few seconds.

Her body felt limp in my arms so instead of getting her to walk, I pick her up in my arms. Letting her head fall onto my chest as her arms wrap around my neck loosely.

Once I had taken us both upstairs, I carry her to my bedroom and straight into my en-suite. I place her feet down onto the floor and reach for a cup on my bathroom cabinet, instantly filling it with water and handing it to Cleo.

She takes it from me desperately and raises it to her lips, gulping until there was nothing left. I smile and refill it again, this time she takes her time to sip it. My hand raises to open the cabinet and takes out a new toothbrush, ripping open the packaging and handing it to her.

"Thank you," she says gratefully before leaning forward to take the tube of toothpaste.

I move around her body and reach into the shower to turn it on, making sure it wasn't too hot so that she would pass out from dehydration.

Cleo finishes brushing her teeth then slowly begins to strip her clothes, she takes her time but I didn't mind. I could feel how stiff and heavy her body felt and she needed to take things easy.

She steps into the shower once her clothes are gone, the water splashing her skin and she relaxes. Her head falls underneath the showerhead and she exhales a sigh, raising her hands so the droplets begin to hit her palms.

Slowly, she begins to use the shower gel to wash her body and then scrubbing her hair until she was clean. The water turns off and she rings out her hair, shaking off the droplets that covered her body.

I grab onto the nearest white towel and hold it out for her as she exits the shower, her hands clutching to her chest. My lips frown as I wrap the towel around her instantly. She shudders between my arms. "You're freezing," I comment before guiding her back into my room and near the radiator.

Cleo's teeth begin to chatter as I rub my hands up and down her arms, attempting to get her dry and warm. Her teeth stop instantly and she raises her head in the air, she inhales deeply.

"Being in here makes me happy," she says with a sweet smile.

My scent was comforting her and that made my skin raise in goosebumps. Being able to finally feel the bond was mind numbingly beautiful and I couldn't imagine what life would be without it. Without her.

I remove my body from hers for a moment before retrieving some of my clothes from my wardrobe. Cleo's curious eyes follow mine as I grip onto a hoodie and place it over her head, her wet hair brushing against the fabric.

She slides her arms into the sleeves and I pull it over her body, the towel falling to the floor. I drop down to my knees and grip onto a pair of my old sweatpants, holding the waistband open as she steps her feet into them.

I pull them up around her waist, letting the hoodie fall over them. My feet push up from the floor and watch as she pulls the sleeves over her knuckles, raising the cuff to her nose and she breathes in gently. The smile that crossed her face almost sent me into cardiac arrest.

"Does that feel better?" I ask as I adjust the hood.

"Much," she closes her eyes in satisfaction before they flutter open again. "Thank you."

"You ready for some food?"

Cleo's eyes almost fall shut but she manages to nod. "Yeah," her voice is quiet. "Please."

I lean forward and leave a lingering kiss against her forehead. "Let's go baby, I'll make you a feast."

. . .

Read up to chapter 43 on Patreon
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

AAAAAAHHHHH SHE'S BACK FINALLY

Oh Kassian's reaction was so pure, God I love them so much. Telling her he was annoyed and then he's not, broke my heart into pieces

What did you guys think of this chapter???

They're overdue some happiness and peace now, am I right?

Also if you didn't see above because you were too eager to read the chapter, I've created a second account SavannaWritess, please drop a follow for more books I'll be posting over there!

Hope everyone is okay, see you on the next one. Love Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: savanna.rose.x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 15.4K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
115K 5.4K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...
3.2K 79 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
13.1M 360K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...