TBATE | GREY x CAERA - A Fanf...

Von Im_a_Tbate_lover

[A TBATE Fanfiction] It's all about Grey x Caera! A slow-burn romance fan-fiction. *** [CONTENT WARNING] Thi... Mehr

Chapter 1? For now, yeah...
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Announcement! 26/02/22
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (18+)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 9

2.1K 91 37
Von Im_a_Tbate_lover

'L-Lord Indrath's se-servant!?'

A cold shiver started to run down my spine as the old man's causal words echoed throughout my mind. I tried to replay his words several times, hoping that I had somehow misheard him.

'-rt?... Art?' Regis voice rang in my mind, bringing me out of my daze. 'What?' I screamed at the shadow wolf, unable to control my boiling frustration.

'Where the heck did you go just now?' Regis asked worriedly. My thoughts calmed down a little at his voice... and that's when I fully realised that there were two more people with me inside that room.

Ignoring Regis's words for the moment, I swiftly turned around to Caera— expecting to see her reaction at the sudden reveal of my identity. Would she cower in fear? Or would she try to attack me? How would she treat me if she comes to know that I'm not really a human and might be a dragon?... But none of those were seen in Caera's usually stoic face, except for confusion.

Her eyes were fixed on me; her gaze turning from confusion to anxious. I could only mirror her confusion, while my mind tried not to panic.

'What the hell are you talking about? What identity reveal?' Regis asked me after feeling my panic through our mental link.

My eyes shifted to him as I spoke inside my mind 'Did you not hear what that old man said just now? Wha-'

'No. I felt our mental link— go dark for a few seconds before it got linked back' Regis replied with suspicion.

"Do not worry my lord. I have put up a barrier for us to have a conversation. Your servants would not be able to hear us", the old man, Drakos, spoke again, gaining my attention.

Ignoring his remark of my companions, I turned around to look at the old man, who was still kowtowing with his face down, touching the carpeted floor.

Struggling to keep my face impassive, I spoke in a levelled tone that I could muster up at that situation. "Please, stand up— and what do you mean 'the servant of lord Indrath's'?"

The old man shifted uncomfortably before he stood up. His face had a smile while his eyes studied me closely. I noticed his eyebrows rising and furrowing several times as he whispered some inaudible words.

But he didn't answer.

I was losing my patience, but I couldn't do anything about that. Not when there were several unknown factors on play here. If what he said is true then he and his people must belong to the Indrath clan— which is impossible.

My thoughts trailed off when the old man finally spoke. "My lord, please forgive me, for I have been a bad host. Please come and sit down. We have much to discuss."

Sighing internally, I followed the old man, while gesturing my two companions to do the same. We entered the living room, which was decorated with what looked like carcasses of several beasts, placed like trophies that filled one side of the wall. While several gold trims ran along the white walls, accentuating the runes that they framed inside. Few couches were arranged overlooking the fireplace.

The old man— Drakos, pointed me to sit on a chaise lounge that sat at the middle of the room, while he stood on the opposite side of the large square table placed next to the lounge. Regis leaped and laid next to me, while Caera took a seat on the couch to my right.

Drakos looked at my companions incredulously. But he quickly recovered and resumed his smile. "Please sit down. And tell me everything" I said, pointing to the empty lounge chair opposite to me.

After a bit of hesitation, Drakos took the seat and let his gaze sweep over my companions. "My lord, should I lift up the barrier?"

I took a glance at my companions before falling into thoughts... Deciding that it's best to keep this one away, especially from Caera; atleast till I hear the full story from the old dragon. I shook my head.

Drakos hastily nodded at my gesture before he spoke. "My lord, what I'm about to tell you— has been a well kept secret, even among our village and its elders... I had never dreamed that this day would come by— when one of our lord's would come find us. Although I can simply explain the situation; I will also gladly accept your punishment, for the treachery and the folly, that my great grandfather had committed against our lord and his clan", Drakos said as he immediately slipped from the seat and kowtowed again.

Confusion once again clouded my mind, keeping me on edge. What the hell is he talking about? Treachery? Folly? Lord? Clan? Is he talking about the Indrath clan!?

Looking at the shivering old dragon, I asked in a levelled tone "Are you the servants of lord Indrath?"

Drakos lifted his head up and looked at me. His eyes filled with tears, his previous smile nowhere to be seen. "Have we been wiped out too? Oh lord this is our fault" he muttered more to himself than me. "My lord, have you not heard about 'the servants'?"

"No". I shook my head.

Drakos looked at me with a fearful gaze. Not wanting to give him more time to question my identity, I spoke up "Care to tell me more about it?"

But before he could continue, a familiar voice called out, interrupting our conversation. Lancel walked in haste towards the old dragon, and spoke to him in a whisper, before bowing towards me.

Drakos's eyes brightened after that and a wide smile appeared in his wrinkly face. I looked at him in confusion, but he didn't notice me as he gestured to Lancel.

My attention was broken when I felt a tug in my arm. Turning to my side I saw Caera looking at me with furrowed eye brows. Her face asking for an explanation about the situation. "Grey, what is happening? Why am I not able to hear you both? And wh—"

"I'll explain everything once we are alone. We're just having a conversation about the Djinns. Since I'm their descendant, the leader refuses to divulge any information to the ones who doesn't share their blood" I lied, after cutting off Caera's barrage of questions.

Caera looked into my eyes, trying to read me. I kept my face stoic, not letting any emotions slip away, although my mind was whirling with endless thoughts and theories.

Our brief conversation was broken when the sound of footsteps echoed in the room. Snapping my head to the hut's entrance, I saw a familiar figure walking in.

Unable to hide my surprise at this coincidence, my stoic face slipped into one of shock and disbelief. Regis shared the same emotions as I, going as far as to waking up and lifting his head to track the walking figure, who now reached our position and turned towards me, before kneeling on the ground.

"My lord, this is Arcene, one of our elder's daughter", Drakos said, pointing to the kneeling women. It was the same women with silver hair and green eyes, that Regis had pointed to, earlier during our arrival. Before I could ask the old dragon why he's introducing some random woman to me, he spoke first "I heard that she has caught our lord's eyes. She is a beauty among all the settlements of our expanse. Yet she hadn't shown any interest towards her fellow men and women. But, she is now willing to serve you as her master. If you would like, please accept her, my lord. It will be an honour for her and to our kind, to bear the seed of our lord."

My shock and disbelief were only overshadowed when I heard an audible gasp from Caera. Turning to the side, I saw Caera's face twisted in a deep scowl.

A soft, melodious voice caught my attention at that moment. "Master, please accept me. For it would be my honour to serve you" Arcene spoke with an alluring smile as she looked into my eyes.

'What is up with these dragons? Calling you master and themselves servant. Do they have some sort of kink?' Regis laughed.

Again, my attention was drawn to Caera as she spoke while tugging my wrist her hand. "Grey, what's happening here? Shouldn't we be looking for the exit portal, instead why are we wasting our time here", her tone exasperated and high-pitched.

"Lady Caera is right. We should be looking for the portal", Regis spoke out loud for the first time, gaining everyone's attention. His tone oozed sarcasm and mockery.

All the three dragons in the room gasped in surprise, while Regis laughed at the situation I was in.

Drakos, still kneeling, tried to pry his eyes away from the shadow wolf to me; his face contorted in fear. "M-My lord— I-I didn't know. I apologise for my ignorance" —he turned to look at Caera, for the first time since our arrival and spoke to her— "My lady, I sincerely apologise for my impudence. I didn't know you were the lord's mistress. P-Please accept this servant's apologies"

I froze at his words. And my face started to heat-up. My eyes unconsciously darted to Caera, who didn't seem to fare well either. She had her face lowered, her fists clenching in a tight squeeze. Her face was bright red and her lips quivered ever so slightly as she bit them.

Regis was laughing in the background; the only noise in the otherwise silent room.

Arcene's voice resounded at that moment, "Lord and Lady, I-I apologise for my bold actions. Please forgive me" she knelt back as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

Caera looked at the woman, her face still red. She looked to be in a daze. I waited for her to say something to the woman— but she was silent.

Tension surrounded the entire room. Not wanting to let it linger any further, I tried to change the subject.

"Drakos, can you please show my companion's the lodging for our stay? We have more private matters to discuss." He snapped out of his previous state, and nodded hastily at my words. "Arcene, please take our guests to the shrine. And prepare a feast."

The silver haired woman bolted up; after a shallow bow towards her leader and then me, she spoke to Caera "My lady, p-please follow me"

Caera turned to me. Her eyes trying to meet mine, but failing. She spoke in a low tone, that was barely audible. "G-Grey, I—"

"It's alright. I'll join you both later. Now, go" I interrupted her, dying of impatience to know the rest of the old dragon ancestor's story.

Caera nodded her head, gaze still lowered before turning around.

"I think I'll go too. You know, look around and stuff", Regis said as he ran out of the hut, alongside Caera and Arcene.

Finally being alone with the man who can give me some answers, I tried to continue with our conversation without wasting any time. "Drakos, please continue with the story"

Drakos pondered at my words for a few moments before his face returned back to his previous coldness. His eyes started to glow, emitting a cold aura— much different than it previously had. But— it went back to normal after a few seconds, before he spoke. "This is a story that has been passed down from the first ancestor and the leader of what we now call as 'the independents'. Our first leader and my great grandfather, Silvairos, was one of the personal servants to his lordship"

"Lord Indrath", I intervened, wanting to clear things up.

Drakos simply nodded and continued "Over a millennia ago, Silvairos with a group of servants were sent by his lordship to— to—" Drakos stuttered, while hesitation etched his face. Looking at my unwavering gaze on him, he hesitantly continued. "—they were sent to kill and restrict the original leaders of this continent, Alacrya— the Djinns"

My body stiffened at Drakos's words. Sylvia's words echoed in my mind. Till now I've never been to able to find any real information about the ancient mages, except for the knowledge that the Indrath clan had massacred them. Not letting my anticipation leak out from my tone, I spoke in a plain tone, "Continue"

Drakos's presence completely changed at that moment. The glow in his eyes intensified; even his voice seemed more hoarse and somehow— distorted... It was as if he was completely a different person. "Please accept my apologies for the sudden intrusion, my dragon lord. I, Silvairos, had felt your presence and wanted to tell your lordship, the story by my will and fulfil the purpose of this existence"

I was stunned by the sudden change of events. It was Silvairos, the dragon who had killed the Djinn— is now kneeling in front of me. How? I wasn't sure. Calming my raging thoughts down, I kept my silence and listened to his every word carefully.

"When 'the servants' and I came to the lesser continent, the Djinns had already left their lands and escaped into their training grounds. Knowing that the order from our lord was absolute, we had destroyed the left-out civilisation, deleting their root traces, before we finally entered the training dimensions to hunt the Djinns.

Over the course of next few years, my men and I managed to locate the different portal entries created and hidden by the clever Djinns. It was difficult at first, due to the uncertainty in finding the enemies to kill them, as most of the portals led to regions only filled with beasts and other creatures.

Soon, we had found a way to locate the primary locations of major Djinn hideouts, which helped us to reduce the time and energy for hunting them laboriously.

Everything was going so smoothly; my men were ecstatic over fulfilling our lord's wish. But, oh how blind we were back then!

Dragons have always been intrigued by the higher energy, the one that stands above the rest. Always around us, but never in our grasp.

It was as if only the true being can bend it to its will.

We weren't any different. Also one of the reasons our ancestors decided to serve the deities" —Silvairos paused for a few moments— "our loyalty had blinded our being's true purpose. Djinn's innate motive towards peace, and their lack of war skills must've been a clue for us to take. But our blind faith towards our— masters, made us act true to our primal nature. Killing every single Djinn to extinction"

Although I had many questions, I kept it to myself for the time being and listened to the old dragon's ancestor. Silvairos deeply sighed before continuing, "Everything changed when we entered one of the portals... My men had rounded up all the Djinns and started executing them one by one inside the dimension. But when one of my men tried to execute an old woman, she had started to glow and floated up in the air. Although it was something new from what we had encountered before, how usually the Djinns never put up a fight, we were always on guard. We thought it was some kind of attack; but we were wrong. The old woman shone in light as she spoke in an— an almost— otherworldly tone. It was something unnatural" the old man's body convulsed all of a sudden.

Quickly running to him, I grabbed his shoulders to pin his shaking body down. Drakos— or rather Silvairos, grabbed my wrists and tried to stabilise himself. "M-My lord, I-I th-think my will is getting pushed ba-back. I am afraid I don't have much time. So— please le-let me continue"

Nodding at him silently, I let Silvairos speak "It was a prophecy from the old woman, who we later found out was seer of sorts. It spoke about the extinction of my race.

Hearing the old woman's words, we simply couldn't kill her or her people. In that time of uncertainty, some of the Djinns managed to escape the dimension, closing the portal on their way out, thereby locking my men inside with the rest of their race.

Years passed as we waited in patience for the portal to open. We had imprisoned the rest of the Djinn, torturing them to get them to open the portal, but to no avail. They were locked in with us, and were left in the same state. But we didn't stop. We kept trying everything we could do to escape from that prison. But nothing worked.

Over the time, my men and I got tired and gave up on trying to do the impossible. We decided to simply live the rest of our life with what we had. We made a deal with the imprisoned Djinns to teach us how to control the higher energy, in return releasing them from the prison and letting them live as our equals.

It was the most peaceful time of my life. Learning about the higher energy, gave us a sense of empowerment that me and my kind hadn't felt in a long time. Finally, we were not slaves anymore— to the false-gods!

But the long peace came to an end when the portal door finally opened. A group of Djinn mages came through the portal. They had offered us a peace offering for their ancestor's actions, in return asked for the release of their race members. They seemed tired and exhausted; and we were living too peaceful for any conflict. By then more than two centuries had passed, and I was at the last few years of my life.

Being the leader of the servants, the duty fell upon me to take the decision. Either to follow my lord's command and kill the Djinns, which in-turn will destroy our entire species— or to commit a treachery in order to save the newly found peace and knowledge for my future kind."

"So you took the second option", I said as a matter-of-fact. Inwardly I confirmed that these beings aren't real dragons— or atleast not pure-blooded, as they seem to have lesser lifespan, aside from the fact that they can enter the Relictombs. Are these the dragons that were supposed to be extinct yet known to have existed long ago in the two continents, I thought.

Silvairos continued his speech, "Yes. Knowing that we would never be able to go back to our kin, we decided to stay in the dimension where we had found the Djinn. Our eyes were opened to new opportunities, that going back to serve the dragons didn't seem to be prospective anymore.

The Djinn offered us to keep the portal dimension safe from the prying eyes. They had created a separate key dimension, in which we are in right now and placed a protector in the older dimension to safeguard the new portal gate that would lead inside this dimension."

"The crystal dragon?!", I asked in disbelief.

"Yes. It was made from the lost reminance of my fallen men's wills that the Djinn used to power their own creation. And it was also how I was able to perceive your identity.", Silvairos replied in a causal tone.

"The pink particles", I yelled, as I thought about my stupidity when I absorbed the tainted aether crystals.

Seeing my reaction, Silvairos spoke "Do not worry my lord, with your draconian physique, those fallen wills will be simply destroyed by the aether that seems to flow through your muscles. It is also why you probably haven't experienced any rage or discomfort from absorbing those wills"

I was confused at his words. Seeing my confusion, he continued speaking.

"It is the remaining pieces of the emotions; the rage and the pride that we had as dragons. We had used it to create the protector... the guardian."

It wasn't hard to notice the change in tone from the old dragon ancestor. And neither was it difficult to see his hate for the Indrath clan, which only made my confusion rise up.

"If what you're saying is true, and since you're calling me your lord, are you not afraid of being killed by me? Or what if the knowledge about your men's survival gets out?" I asked in curiosity.

"I called you my lord because of the identity you carry from our lord. But you also have the blood of the Djinns, which yields our respect... Besides it seems like the prophecy might just come true."

I narrowed my eyes at the dragon's words "What prophecy? Explain"

He laughed hysterically the sound of which made my teeth screech in discomfort. "That the child of a Dragon and a Basilisk will bring the favourable change needed to this world; where the power balance would finally be tipped out of favour of the old-gods.

I didn't think that it would actually be true. But seeing now, with you and your lady, I can be sure about the prophecy. To think that we would have to wait for more than a millennia for this."

My heart thumped at a faster pace and my mind started to spin.

'Arthur! What's wrong?', I heard Regis's voice in my head interrupting my thoughts.

'Y-Yeah, nothing. Where are you?' I asked in return.

'I'm at the shrine. Caera is outside, along with the other ladies—'

"My lord, it's time. A feast has been prepared for the lady and the lord at your shrine." Drakos called out to me.

***

Walking out the leader's hut, my mind was filled with countless thoughts. All the information flowed in loops, while I tried to make sense of the situation I was in. Although Silvairos had told me about his story, there were still many holes that needed to be filled. Maybe it was due to the long day. Or I was just simply tired of all these new revelations— I felt tired and wanted to sleep, more than anything.

Lancel showed me location of the shrine were I was supposed to rest. It was just another individual lodging, albeit a bit bigger and much older looking than the leader's. But I knew very well that this hut is more than what it seems on the inside.

Thanking the dragon man, I opened the hut door to enter. I was welcomed with the smell of freshly cooked meat and fruits; the stench of alcohol filled the air, giving it a more livelier feeling.

A whole table was filled with colourful food and alcohol till it's edges. Although I didn't need to eat, my stomach grumbled at that sight.

Hastily walking to the table, I took out a few plates and gobbled down the food. I drank few glasses of alcohol, hoping that it would wash away the bitter taste that I had felt after my conversation with the old dragon.

Being lost in my thoughts and desires, I didn't notice the shadow wolf who was lying down on the floor, next to the queen sized bed in the middle of the room.

A massive dragon-like statue filled the opposite side, its scales looking more realistic as it shined against the runic lights that surrounded it. Ignoring the beauty of the room I was in, I walked up to the bed and plopped down.

"So— what's up?" Regis asked in a causal tone. Although I could feel his curiosity seeping through our mental link.

Letting out a sigh, I started to show my memories of the conversation with the old dragon and how Silvarios took over his body and spoke to me.

Only a few moments had passed when the hut door opened, and I saw Caera walking in with Arcene.

My face almost blushed despite the confusion that clouded my mind at the sight of Caera's— appearance. But before I could do anything, Arcene spoke with a cheeky smile and pushed Caera inside before leaving the hut "Lord and lady, please, enjoy your night together."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

416K 14.6K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
313K 18K 70
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
505K 31.4K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...