What Walks Among Us (book one)

By lilmissmagen

* COMPLETED & being REWRITTEN for publishing * Kodi has been locked away in her house since the whole apocaly... More

UPDATES / Acknowledgments
Just Trying to Help
I'd Rather Not Be A Slave
Forgive Me If I Don't Cry
If Stalking Was A Sport, I'd Come In Last
Zombies Aren't The Only Ones Who Bite
Please, Don't Touch That
Falling With Him
A Welcome Home Kiss
Ope! There it is...
Ignorance Is Bliss
Titanic Tip and Daring Dash
They See Me Rollin, They Hatin
Fleas, And Other Kinds Of Pests
That's Not My Name
You Broke Her
One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
I Can't
Suprise (Part 1)
The Surprise (Part 2)
The Surprise (Part 3)
Skeletons
Don't Shoot Me...
Trust
Going on a Trip
Names
Bad Listener
Do-It-Yourself
Showers&Storms
The Shapes in the Sky
Home
You Stink
Strike 3
Mixed Signals
Explaining Peace
He's My Boyfriend
Sentenced
The Sickness
Vermin
The Emergency Meeting
Flare Guns
Consequences
Decapitating My Demons
Escaping The Nightmare
Safe House
Hey Sunshine
The Waiting Game
Blindsided
NEWS

Grounded By The Doctor

21.1K 1K 182
By lilmissmagen

I paid attention to where we were going, as sometime soon I would want to be able to explore the compound a little bit, stretch my legs. Well, I guess that would have to wait until my leg healed up. Chester drove quietly while Sam sat in the back with me.

"So, Beck told me about the trees. Is that how you got the nasty cut?" he asked.

I nodded softly and looked down at it, "I had jumped out of a tree and tried to tumble roll, and I caught myself on a sharp rock," I said, inspecting my knee.

He laughed and I looked over at him, he met my eyes and his lit up with joy, "No, I'm just trying to picture Beck chasing you and getting frustrated because you went into the trees," he laughed, "I'm not laughing at you, just Beck."

I smiled and looked out the window, "Are there trees like that to climb here?"

"No not really, I mean, you'd have to go outside the walls, which you're allowed to but I would rather you wait until your leg gets healed up and you're feeling better. I also want to see what your sister and you can do. We have a shed that someone turned into a gym of sorts. It's not super impressive but it's got a few targets set up and stuff."

I glanced at him and smiled, "I can fight a little bit, and I don't do too bad with a knife, but I've never been allowed to shoot or throw things.. my dad taught me how to operate a gun but I haven't shot one before."

Sam smiled and popped his knuckles, "Speaking of weapons, we have your grab bag, we didn't go through it or anything, and we put your gun back in it, it's in the house on the table I think," he sat forward a little to look at where we were.

I frowned a little, "Why didn't you give it back yet?"

He looked back at me and grinned happily, "Meh, I personally forgot about it until you mentioned your gun," I must have looked doubtful because he face me a little more, "Look, we weren't going to keep it, I swear. I was going to give it back at your house but your roof fell in and.." he shrugged, and I understood.

"It's okay, Sam," I smiled, "are we almost there?" I asked, letting a little bit of a whine enter my voice.

Chester chuffed from the front seat, "Why did we bring the annoying girl?"

Sam chuckled, "She's the reason we're going remember?"

I huffed and crossed my arms, Chester caught my eye in the mirror and he winked, letting me know he was just teasing.

We pulled into a driveway of a cute little light blue one story house, and Chester jumped out, opening my door for me. Sam pouted when he saw him do it, "Why didn't you open my door?"

Chester rolled his eyes at Sam, "I may be gay but she's a lady," he paused, helping me out while I laughed, "Plus she's hurt, you can open your own door, you lazy ass."

I laughed a little harder and Chester grinned at having made me laugh, he looped his arm in mine and helped me go up the front steps while we listened to Sam pretend to whine about having to do everything himself.

I looked up at Chester, "does the doctor know we're coming?"

Chester shook his head, "No, but he does usually get people who just walk on up, if you're really bad he does house calls."

I tugged lightly on his shirt, feeling weird that we were so close, even if he didn't like girls, he was an attractive male..

He looked down at me, we were a few steps away from the door, and he raised an eyebrow, "Mhm, what?"

"Sam," I said, and when he didn't get it I went on, "We should wait for Sam."

"No need, I'm right behind you slow pokes, just get inside, you don't need to knock," Sam said, coming up behind us.

I frowned as Chester did what he was told and just walked in without knocking, it was weird to know these boys didn't live here yet they just walked in like it was their house. I was hesitant about it and Chester ended up pulling me along for most of it.

Inside there was a lamp on in the corner and the living room had a simple brown couch and wood coffee table, there was a movie paused and a water bottle on the table. I wondered if the doctor person was here, or if he was off somewhere. I turned to ask Chester if we should just go but he walked on ahead, poking his head in a room down the hall.

"Heyya doc, we got a pretty little cupcake who needs your help."

I shook my head at his words and Sam grinned at me, "Here, sit on the couch, it's probably where he'll want you anyways," he said, and helped me down onto the couch, propping my leg up on the coffee table.

He was still shirtless and I was doing a very bad job of not looking, it was hard. I knew I shouldn't look but at the same time, it was right there! Why should I not look when he's obviously not afraid of people looking?

I was still internally battling with myself as to whether I should look or not when he sat up and pulled his shirt on, darn it. Opportunity wasted.

I blushed at my own thoughts.

Sam gave me a weird look, "Why are you blushing?"

"Uh, I'm not?" I tried to make it a statement but it came out sounding like a question.

He raised an eyebrow, the ever present playful glint in his pretty green eyes, "You always blush Debby."

"Do not."

"Do too," he countered.

"Do not."

"Do too-" he was cut off this time when Chester came back.

"Do too what?" he said curiously, "Oh and the doc will be in in a moment, he's getting his gloves and kit," he said.

"Debby doesn't think she blushes all the time," Sam said, confident that Chester would agree with him.

Chester raised an eyebrow and looked over at me, "Sorry Cupcake, I gotta take Sammy boy's side on this one."

I grunted and crossed my arms, he just chuckled and sat next to me. An older guy came into the room, he had on a dark blue shirt and some nice khaki jeans, his hands were in gloves and he had one of those old doctor bags.

"Hey Dr. Venson, how are you today?" Sam said, looking at the doctor with admiration.

I guess it made sense, I remember someone saying that Sam was training to be a doctor.

"Fine, and how about yourself, Sam?" he said, he noticed me and he smiled.

He had brown eyes, with greying hair and wrinkles. He looked like he was handsome when he was younger, and if I were his age I would probably still think he was handsome.

He didn't let Sam really answer as he looked down at my knee, "Oh dear, what have we here?" he murmured and kneeled down next to the table, Sam got out of the way and Dr. Venson sent him off to grab some sort of medicine and bag, "Did one of these boys push you? Do I need to beat them up?"

I knew I had gone all wide eyed at the thought, and it only settled that he was teasing when he looked up and smiled warmly, "I'm just kidding, Chester says you fell on a rock? About how long ago was this?"

I thought it over, "Maybe a day and a half or so, I'm not entirely sure.."

He nodded to himself, "At least a day right?"

I nodded and when Sam walked back in with the bag he thanked him. Sam sat on the other side of me and leaned forward to look at my knee, "It doesn't look to infected, maybe just some washing and a pill to keep down the swelling, keep it cool and elevated, let her watch some tv for the rest of today and tomorrow?"

It wasn't the doctor that said it, but Sam. Dr. Venson nodded, "Very good Sam, I'll send you all home with the things you'll need.. is she staying with you?"

Sam nodded, "Not sure how long it will take to set up another house."

I wondered how that worked. Did they need to put furniture in it? Or was it something else?

The doctor nodded and smiled at me, cutting me from my thoughts, "Well, I think we should wash it here, and we'll get some medicine on it and wrap it up, I'll send stuff home with you, and lucky you Sam knows just about everything I do, so you'll be in good hands."

I looked at Sam, "Why did we have to come here then?"

Dr. Venson laughed, "Well, for one, I am in charge of medicine and medical supplies, and for two, Sam's always doubting himself, maybe playing doctor for you will get him to change that, yes?"

I didn't know what else to do, and so I nodded my head yes. He looked pleased, "well, Chester can you grab me a warm soapy cloth and a bucket, Sam, a pitcher of warm water?"

Both boys got up and did as they were asked, when they came back Dr. Venson cleaned my knee while I held Sam's hand in a death grip and Chester kept making jokes in attempt to distract me. The soap stung and the hot water made me want to rip my leg away, but I knew it needed to be done or it would get worse. When Dr. Venson had finished cleaning it he put dissolvable tape on my knee, to make sure the gash wouldn't heal in a nasty scar, and then he put some medicine on top. He wrapped my knee up in some gauze and smiled warmly.

"I think that's about it.. if you ever need anything, you know where to find me, I hate to ask this, but I want you to stay home from the feast tonight, get one of those boys to bring you some food. I don't want you walking at all, which means at all," he said sternly.

I nodded and he smiled.

"Awh doc, you can't ground her!" Chester whined.

I hid a smile by looking down at my lap and Dr. Venson scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous, I'm helping her," he put emphasis on helping.

Chester gave a sigh and rolled his eyes, Sam just smiled, "Ches, can you get her out to the car without tripping and dropping her?"

Chester stuck his tongue out at him, "Of freaking course I can."

He picked me up again, this time I didn't protest, as he made sure my skirt wasn't flashing people. We said goodbye to the doctor and Sam got my medicines while scheduling when he would be coming in next for another lesson.

Chester took me out to the car so "I wouldn't have to listen to their boring date planning" and put me in the front seat. We waited a little bit for Sam to get back in, at which point he complained at being in the back by himself and Chester told him to shut it.

Chester drove back to their house and helped me inside, getting me situated on the couch.

Once my leg was propped up and I was covered in about eight blankets he grinned at me, "I'm thinking Disney marathon tonight, how about you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 61.2K 123
❛WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE THE TEN MOST POWERFUL GODS ALIVE PLAY A GAME OF MUSICAL CHAIRS WITH ONE SEAT?❜ They fight - to the death. They fight over...
918K 42K 53
No one saw it coming. No one could have guessed that the vaccine that was supposed to save lives, would take them instead. Once the death toll starte...
278K 7.6K 23
A shapeshifter who refuses to turn back from a wolf is brought to the Avengers in hope that they can help her heal. Cassie's heart and soul is broken...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

366K 13.8K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...