lucky clover <3☆

Per clovabelle

((unfortunately i've decided to abandon this story <3☆)) Clover,One of the smallest of the girls in Her dis... Més

Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
:).
Chapter:12

Chapter:13

47 4 0
Per clovabelle

Cato's POV:

Me and Clove have been sitting in silence for a little over an hour now,I think that It wasn't until now that We'd actually realized that this is it,Our last night in district two..For now, Hopefully it's just for now anyways..

Suddenly She takes one of Her knives out of Her backpack and starts carving something into the tree She's sitting on.
"What are you doing up there?"
I call up to Her,Motioning to the knife in Her hand.

"Writing Our initials on this tree,Atleast If We don't live on it will."
"That's..Certainly a way to look at it-"
I reply..She says it in such a casual tone that it's almost alarming.

"..Well Aren't You going to get up here and help Me?"
"Right,I was just about to-"
I mumble while slowly making My way from the roof to the tree..and up the branches until I reached Clove.

"Here You go. "She says,turning to Me while handing Me Her knife after She'd finished up on Her C.

"..Your writing looks absolutely atrocious-"
Clove retorts from over My shoulder,Her mouth forming a sly grin.
"Oh look at that..another thing that We have in common,Maybe We aren't so different after all."
"Shut your trap Blondie,We are as different as different can be no matter how much You try and deny it. "
She replies,rolling Her eyes while placing a finger on My lips.
"Yeah,Yeah whatever You say.."
I yawn while swatting Her hand away and sloppily finishing the carving.

"There We go,Clove and Cato."
"Correction,Cato and Clove..Also You used the nickname I gave You-"
"I think it's starting to grow on Me..Unfortunately."

"Hey atleast it's original..Unlike Blondie-"
"You removed one letter from My name and called it a day don't even start with Me about being original."

Clover's POV:

There's a pause in our conversation after that,A sudden stop..

"You know..You should really say one last goodbye to your parents,Well before tomorrow..There won't be much time left by then."
Unbeknownst to Cato,That is exactly how I want it to be.
"I'd rather spend it here with You honestly."

"They've been fighting again haven't they?"
Cato asks cautiously..Looking down at the ground while doing so.
"Noo..Maybe..They've just been grouchy lately,Really grouchy-"
I say,slurring My word half-way through.
"I'm sorry Clove-"
He begins,But I stop Him before He has the chance to finish.
"Don't be,Really..Don't let My moody parents ruin tonight for Us,Plus I'd rather spend it with You anyways..even if They weren't."

Cato's POV:

"Really..You mean that?"
I ask,Half thinking that what She just said was a joke of sorts.
"Don't make me repeat myself Cato.."
There's a long pause before She says anything else.
"..Just so You know..Incase You didn't already,I'd spend time with You over anyone else."
"If only I could say the same thing about You.."
"I knew you'd reply with something like that..But I'm being serious,I really do mean it."
The expression on Her face is unreadable..Maybe She really did mean it,Which in that case means that I completely ruined the whole conversation..Well isn't that just typical?

"Clove I didn't mean to-"
I start before getting interupted yet again by the hazel eyed girl.
"It's..Fine don't worry about it."

"..You must be tired,In all honesty I'm surprised that you haven't fallen asleep yet."
I chuckle awkwardly while scratching the back of My neck.
"Mhm.."
She replies back,Half-heartedly..Not even making the effort to look Me in the eyes.
"You can sleep now if you'd like..I really don't mind."
"Well I do..I want to make this night rememberable and it can't be rememberable if I decide to sleep through it.."
She mutters softly while gripping onto My arm.

"I'll sleep with You if it'd make You feel better."
Clove quickly lets go of My arm and clasps Her hand over Her mouth,Attempting to cover up Her laughter..
"Perhaps You should think about rephrasing that sentence.."
She bearly manages to get out,It's only then that I realise what I'd just said.
"Alright then,Forget My offer."
"Gladly."
She whispers in My ear..I feel a shiver run up My spine as She does so.

Without thinking twice about it I shove Her away from Me and back into the bark of the tree.
"What?You offer to sleep with Me but I can't even whisper to You..That doesn't seem very fair now does it?"
"Ok..you're definitely tired-"
"Oh really?How can You tell?"
She asks,adjusting Herself into a sitting position
"You always act this way when you're tired."
"I always act what way when I'm tired?"
Clove asked looking at Me both defensibly and impatiently,Crossing Her arms while doing so.

"Difficult."
I smirk at Her,Giving Her a simple shrug as She scowls back at Me in return.
"I do not,You just..tolerate Me less at night."
"And why do You think that is..?"
"..You've tricked Me again haven't You?"
"I'm afriad so.."
"Of course You have..You always do."
"I suppose there's some truth behind that statement."
"Of course there is..Have You forgotten that I'm the one making it?"
"You sure do say Of course alot don't You?"
"Of course I-..Oh"
She laughs while pulling Her sleeves further down Her arms.

"It's getting abit cold outside,Are You sure that You don't want to come back inside?"
"I'm Positive..Don't feel the need to wait for Me though,I'll be back down out to join You soon enough."
"I'm not leaving You alone in a tree at the middle of the night..What type of friend would I be if I did things like that?"
"Not a very good one..Quite obviously."
She smirks while elbowing Me.

"So..What should We call it?The tree I mean-"
"What about..The hanging tree."
Mimicking being choked.
"The hanging tree?God Clove must You be so depressing?"
"Yes,actually."
"What about just" The tree"?"
"I mean it's abit boring but I suppose it'll do-"
She says while swinging Her legs.

"Can I ask You a question?"
She asks suddenly.
"Go right ahead,Ask away."
"Only If you pinky promise that You'll answer honestly."
"Pinky Promise?What's the difference between the two?"
"A pinky promise is unbreakable..God Cato You should know this stuff by now."
"In that case pinky promises are stupid,A promise is always breakable..You out of all people should know that."
"You're stupid!Pinky promises are anything but stupid,But anyways..that's besides the point..Are You going to promise that You'll answer honestly?"
"Yes,I promise-"

"Are You..Scared?"
"Scared of?"
I question,Already having the feeling that She's referencing to the games.
"Scared of dying..in the games,Scared of never getting to see Your family again,Scared of dying in pain..Just scared of going into the games in general?"
"Not necessarily..Atleast We get to say We tried..Right?"
I know I shouldn't lie to Clove,Especially not about this but I can't help Myself,I need to act strong,For the both of Us.
"We don't get to say anything if We're dead.."

"We'll be fine,Don't You trust Me?"
I ask,Putting My arm around Her shoulder.
"I do,I mean..I want to but this isn't the first time You'd have been wrong about something..And it isn't about to be the last I dont think.."
I have to put my face right next to Hers to be able to hear what She's saying.
"Clove..Seriously We've got this,You and Me we've got an advantage against the other tributes and You wanna know what that advantage is?"
"Let's hear it-"
She says with Her hands on Her hips.

"We're perfect for eachother."
"God Cato You're such a weirdo-"
She groans while pushing My arm off of Her.
"..And so are You,See..perfect for eachother."
"You wish that was true.."
She mutters under Her breath.
"Hm..Maybe You're right,Maybe I do."
I smirk back at Her.
"Oh no,I know You do..Trust Me..You make that quite obvious."
She says as She rolls Her eyes.

"You know..I probably don't tell You this enough but I'm really glad I met You."
She murmurs,Fixing Her gaze back to Me.
"I'm glad I met You too,Sorry for being so bitchy at first though."
I reply regretfully.
"Oh no..It's fine,Really..I was a total ass to You too at first."
She laughs.
"At first?.."
I tease Her.
"Don't push it."
She warns with a glare as She stabs Her knife into the branch of the tree.
"Don't worry,I'm just messing with You Freckles,Also..I wasn't planning on it-"
"Freckles?I think that that's possibly the worst one You've came up with yet."
"You asked for creative so I gave You it."
"Creative isn't exactly the first word I'd use to describe it.."
"Ok then,Creativer."
"That's not even a proper word..Now You're just making things up."
She groans,Looking very unimpressed.
"Oh am I now?"
"Yes,Thats what I just said.."
"Maybe that's Our sign to go to sleep."
"Our?You mean Your..Right?"

Clover's POV:

"Nope..Unfortunately for You,I mean Our."
"Oh well of course You do."
I hiss back in a mocking tone.
"Yes,Of course I do..Now come on,Try and get some rest..You'll need it for tommorrow."
He tries convicing Me..
"I would..But on a tree?Seriously?..What do You think I am?A Squirrel?"
"..I'd have thought You'd like it more then my bed..What did You call it again?"
He questions while raising an eyebrow.
"Come on now,You know I didn't mean all of that..Your room is just a little..Less well kept then mine."
"You're such a Princess Clove."
He scoffed.

"Excuse Me for liking to keep things neat and tidy..Now if You expect Me to sleep up in this miserable tree You better scooch over because I don't exactly plan on freezing to death..Especially not tonight..I wouldn't be very much use then would I?"
"I suppose not.."
He mutters with an exaggered sigh before finally giving in and moving over.
"That's what I thought."
I smirk back at Him defiantly before leaning back down next to Him.

I turn My head to face Him and our eyes meet,He smiles at Me and I can't help but smile back at Him as He wraps His arms around Me protectively..
Our faces are only about an inch or two away from eachother at this point and as stupid as it sounds..I wouldn't mind keeping it that way.
But of course I couldn't let Him know that.

"Clove?"
He asks suddenly,Looking slightly more serious then before.
"..Yes?"
I answer back hesitently..
"The truth is..I'm not scared of dying in the games,Or even scared of dying in pain for that matter..But what I am scared of is losing You,You have to promise Me that with..Or without Me,You'll win."
"Cato.."
I begin before trailing off..
"Promise?"
"..Pinky."
I reply in defeat..But what Cato doesn't know is that I'm going to do everything in My power to make sure that if there's only one winner,It's going to be Him.

..A promise is always breakable,Right?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

258K 6.9K 64
Yes, this is so original, isn't it? But, I think mine might be a bit different. Well, as I've been writing my other fanfics (and going to high school...
63.4K 824 34
𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝, 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪. Clove has been training for th...
484K 14.5K 75
When Usagi Ametsuchi meets Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio at the Hunter Exam, the five quickly become friends. However, they find out fast enough...
355 23 17
# I will stop publishing my story on wattpad because I'm worried about plagiarism. The world has been destroyed. All that remains is the Ark, and in...