Book 1: Broken (Kiba Inuzuka...

By Silver-Tigress

12 year old Kimiko Sumire's clan was massacred by a man with green snake like eyes when she was six years old... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Naruto, The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 1
Naruto, The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 2
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 3
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 4
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 1
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 2
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 3
Naruto, the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 4
Naruto, the movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 5
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Sequel!!!

Chapter 2

883 24 9
By Silver-Tigress

Third Person's P. O. V:

Hiruzen hums thoughtfully to himself once Kakashi has finished reporting back to him everything the new girl, Kimiko Sumire, had told him.

Hiruzen couldn't quite believe it himself. A Sumire survived the massacre? Hiruzen silently wonders if she could be one of their princesses, as he feels she may have the same name as the eldest twin.

He makes a reminder to look into it later.

Finally, he speaks up. "Kakashi, I'd like for you to give Kimiko information on enrolling in the ninja academy and how our team system works. I'll get a house organised for her but give Kimiko this address. I'll have someone escort her once she's released from the hospital."

Hiruzen takes out a piece of paper and ink brush and writes something on it.

"Alright, Hokage-sama," Agrees Kakashi, taking the paper.

He then leaves and returns to the hospital. He learns from the nurse Kimiko has tried to escape once again, making him feel more exaggerated.

When Kakashi enters her room, he finds Kimiko pouting with her arms crossed over her chest in bed. Kakashi taps his knuckles on the door, gaining her attention.

And her glare.

"Back again, huh? What do you want this time?" Kimiko asks rudely as he approaches her.

"I came because Hokage-sama asked me to tell you about our ninja academy, and how our teams work, in case you might be interested in staying for awhile."

"I doubt that," She says with a roll of her eyes.

"I take it from your appearance and weapons that you know some basic ninja skills?" Kakashi asks.

Kimiko deadpans heavily at him as she says sarcastically, "No, shit! What do you think?"

Kakashi sweat drops. He continues anyway. "Every year, there's a Genin graduation test held in the academy, and if the Genin graduate, they're placed on teams with two other Genin, plus a Jounin for a squad leader. They then go on missions and earn money to pay for rent and other necessities. If you decide to stay in the Leaf Village, you'll need to join the academy a day before the graduation and if you graduate and are placed on a team, you can also do missions to earn money in order to live here. What do you say, Kimiko?"

The blonde girl had remained silent during Kakashi's explanation, her face looking thoughtful.

While she's initially had no plans to stay whatsoever, Kimiko remembers she's out of money and food. Plus, if she did stay, just for long enough, then Kimiko might be able to avoid him.

After all, it's not like her former master will come looking for her in the Hidden Leaf Village, of all places, right?

After nearly a full minute of silent thinking, Kimiko heaves out a groan, slumping her shoulders and hanging her head. "Urgh, that just sounds like a whole lot of work! But if it means I can get money and food, fine, I'll do it."

Kakashi blinks his eye in surprise. He was sure she'd refuse. A smile tugs at his lips behind his half mask as he closes his eye. "Wonderful! I'm glad you decided to stay. I just know you'll like it in the Hidden Leaf if you gave it a chance," He says.

"You knew I'd agree?" Kimiko questions with a raised eyebrow at him.

"Not really," Kakashi answers truthfully. He holds out the piece of paper to Kimiko, making her blink her violet eyes. "Here. Hokage-sama wanted me to give you this should you do decide to stay."

"What is it?" Kimiko questions as she takes it from him and her eyes skim over what seems to be an address.

Kakashi answers, "It's the address to your new home. Someone will come and escort you to it once you're discharged from the hospital. Oh, and head to Room 107 for your class at the Ninja Academy."

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Three days later...

"Alright! Finally!" I cheer as I fist pump the air and jump up and down. After three more days of being trapped in this prison of a hospital, I finally get discharged today. I notice the sun was setting through the window after I'd changed back into my old outfit which the nurses had washed for me, my weapons strapped to my back and waist. "I'm finally free of this stinking hospital!"

"See what happens if you stay out for the rest of your recovery, Kimiko-san?" The nurse says pointedly. "But if you'd have stoped trying to leave much sooner, you could've healed a lot faster."

I give her a deadpan look that blatantly says I don't care. Just then, the door opens and a man with chin length brown hair with some of it ceiling the right side of his face underneath his Leaf headband which is fashioned into a bandanna enters my room.

"Can I help you?" The nurse asks.

"Yes. I'm looking for Kimiko Sumire. I'm here to escort her to her new house Hokage-sama had organised for her."

"Good. You're right on time. Kimiko-san is ready to go," The brunette nurse says, gesturing to me. The man's eyes light up with recognition when he sees me, and he smiles.

"Oh, you're up on your feet! That's good to see."

"And, you are?" I inquire.

"I'm Izumi Kamizuki. I was the one who'd brought you into the hospital a few days ago," He introduces. I just give him an unhappy look, causing his smile to fade.

"Can we just get out of here now? I don't know how much longer I can stand being in this place," I say as I stomp past Izumo. He and the nurse gaze after me in surprise for a moment, before I hear Izumo hurry after me. "So, where is my house, anyway?"

Izumo responds as he falls into step beside me, "If you'll follow me..." He gestures as he turns down a street and I follow him. We soon reach a small two storey house made of white bricks with an oval shaped front door painted light blue. The shutters that no doubt lead to the main bedroom are also light blue, just the others. There are also some pink and purple flowers growing outside. It could do with anew paint job and the tiles are a little crooked, indicating it's old. It's not much, but it'll beat sleeping in a snake's cave any day. "Here we are. And here's your key. I hope you like your new house, Kimiko."

I take the key from the Chunin but don't thank him.

"It's fine. I've slept in worse," I say vaguely.

Izumo scares me a last smile before he body flickers away. I go to put the key in the lock but pause as I sense a new presence. I peer over my shoulder to see a shadow disappearing into the trees. It looked like a person. Probably an Anbu Black Ops the old man Hokage had hired to watch me, in case I was a threat to his previous village. I heave a loud sigh of irritation as I shake my head, before I unlock my new house and enter.

It was cozy on the inside with a staircase leading to the second floor, a living room to my left, and a kitchen behind the staircase.

I head into the kitchen after locking the door behind me to find anything for dinner. All I see is a tower of cup ramen, neatly stacked on a bench next to the stove.

My stomach growls and I realise I haven't eaten anything since I'd gotten released from the hospital this afternoon. I boil some water and then I pour into a miso soup cup.

I take it and a set of chopsticks to my blue couch and turn on the TV as I wait for the noodles to boil.

                        🗡🗡🗡

I was just finishing getting dressed when my younger twin sister, Touka, comes in.

"Nee-san! Can you help me with my training today?" Touka asks. My clan members and I have blonde hair and violet eyes.

(Touka, just with violet eyes—->)

I groan but reluctantly say, "Fiiinnee! I'll help you train. I don't see why you can't get daddy or mother to help you."

"Because I want you to help me!" She says as I strap my twin pink floral patterned fans around my waist and my purple hilted katana to my back, the hilt poking over my left shoulder. I'd gotten my weapons only last year, and have been training with them ever since.

"Fine, whatever. Let's get food and go train so I can do my own training," I grumble. It's not that I hate helping my little sister, it's just that I hate helping anyone. I'm just lazy like that and my whole clan knows it.

My sister skips out of my bedroom. I roll my eyes as I follow but freeze when there's a sudden explosion from the village. I dash out with Touka to find Mum and dad in the hallway leading to the front door.

"Mum! Daddy! What's going on?!" I ask.

"The village is under attack," Mum says calmly. She's the daughter of the current clan head and chief of the village, Kage Village. Or, Kagegakure.

(Her other, Mika)

"Take your sister and find a safe place to hide!" Daddy urges as he turns us from the front door. His name is Hitoshi and he has swept back blonde hair.

(Hitoshi, just with violet eyes—->)

"But what about you?!" Touka asks fearfully.

"We'll be fine," Says Mum with a reassuring smile. "Your father and I will hold them off while you two make your escape."

"Now, go!" Daddy urges.

I grab my sister's hand and reluctantly start to make our way out of the house, though I hate running. A thought hits me and I drag my sister back to my bedroom just as the front door is kicked off its hinges.

I hear my parents exchanging harsh words with our attacker as Touka and I dash back into my room.

"Nee-san? What are we doing?" Touka asks. I release her so I could grab my family photo off from my bedside table, and tuck it into my shorts pocket.

"Let's get out of here!" I grab her hand again and go to flee the house, but I hear dad shout mum's name just as a boy wearing purple and round glasses appears before us, his long silver hair in a ponytail. I shove my sister back as she gasps.

The man appears to be thirteen and a smirk twists his lips as he flickers his black eyes between me and my sister. "Orochimaru-sama did say to bring only one of you. So you'll do!" The teen says to me.

"Wh-Who are you?" I ask with a slight stutter.

Screams and cries could be heard through the village.

"I'm Kabuto Yakushi, and you're going to come with me, Princess Kimiko," He states.

"Never!" I shout.

I go to whip out one of my fans to throw it at him but the man was faster. He moves and blood sprays, but not my blood. Very slowly, I turn my widened gaze to see my sister dead on the floor, a kunai knife sticking out of her chest.

I feel like throwing up.

"I-Imotou-chan!" I scream. I glare daggers at Kabuto, hot tears pouring from my eyes. "Y-Y-You killed her!"

He just gives a shrug as he says, "Like I said: Orochimaru-sama only need one of you. Now, come with me, Princess!" He snatches my wrist and starts to drag me out of my bedroom and away from my dead sister.

"No! Let me go!" I keep repeating as I struggle to get free, but his grip is surprisingly strong. Kabuto drags me back to the front hall, and I wanted to vomit again at the sight of my dead parents, blood spilling from their necks.

"I've got her, Orochimaru-sama," Kabuto declares, throwing me on my knees before a very pale man with long black hair that frames his face and green snake like eyes that glint with triumph.

I raise my head to glare at him hatefully as Orochimaru says, smirking, "Excellent work, Kabuto." Orochimaru kneels in front of me and I tremble as he caresses my cheek, his fingers cool to the touch. "Finally, I'll have the Tengan in my possession! And you'll be my next vessel, my dear."

I couldn't only stare, numbed with shock at what happened, as Kabuto hauls me to my feet, clamps shackles over my wrists behind my back, and drags me with him and his master, out of my destroyed home village.

I wake up with a cry, tears streaming down my face as I sit bolt upright. I breathe heavily, sweat coating my forehead. I take deep breaths to calm myself down.

I haven't had that nightmare in a long time.

I rub the tears away and the sleep from my eyes before I glance to my window, to the closed purple curtains. On my bedside table next to me, I'd left out my family photo. I pick it up and gently run my hand over it as I smile sadly. I miss them so much.

I set it back down and get out of bed to go to my window. I tug the curtains open and hold up my hand against the bright sunlight.

I grab my clothes and go to take a shower in the bathroom across the hall. Once I was dressed and brushed my teeth, I head downstairs for a cup of ramen for breakfast. Once I was finished and chuck the rubbish in the bin next to the fridge, I start to make my way to the academy.

I know I'm going to be late, but as I said before, I hate running and try to avoid it.

Halfway there, I look up at a commotion to see an orange and yellow blob blur through the streets, leaping across the buildings.

As though it was trying to get away from someone.

"NARUTO!! COME BACK HERE!! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU...!!" A ninja yells in an angry tone.

"YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE THIS TIME, NARUTO!!" His companion adds.

I and turn my head to my right to see the orange blob heading towards me.

"GIVE IT UP! YOU'RE JUST BENT BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT I DO, DO YA?! LOSERS, WANNABES! YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!! HAHAHA!!" The orange blob now known as Naruto cackles maniacally.

The one named Naruto doesn't even pause when he leaps right past me. Naruto ends up knocking into me and I land on my butt. He quickly apologises before continuing on.

The ninja behind him quickly give chase.

I look to see what they're worked up about as I pick myself up. I snicker at the sight of the Hokage faces sprayed all over with confetti and paint.

While I think it was funny as heck, even I didn't blame the ninja for being angry.

Shaking my head at the blonde's antics, I continue for the Ninja Academy.

I arrive some minutes later and enter. Then I ask the receptionist for room 107, before I make my way up the stairs. I gaze at the numbers hanging from the doors as I near the one that has 107 on it.

I stop outside and raise my fist to knock, only to pause when I hear shouting from within.

"I'm at the end of my rope, Naruto! You've failed the graduation test last time, and the time before that! Tomorrow, you've got another chance, and you're messing up again!" I hear an indignant "Humph!" which no doubt irrates the shouting man further. I sweat drop as he shouts to the class, "FINE!! BECAUSE YOU MISSED IT, NARUTO, EVERYONE WILL REVIEW THE TRANSFORMATION JUTSU!"

The whole class lets out a collective groan, and I decide to take this opportunity to knock. This gives me silence in response for a moment before the man yelling earlier says to the closed door, "Come in!"

I slide open the door and step in, ignoring most of the boys who instantly blush at my appearance while the man berating Naruto who is tied up and sitting on the floor looks surprised.

His brown hair is pulled into a short ponytail and he blinks his brown eyes at me. There's a scar running across the man's nose and he appears to be wearing a Chunin flak jacket. "Are you Iruka Umino? I was told to come here by Kakashi Hatake," I say.

"Oh, you must be the new student! Yes, I'm Iruka. Why don't you introduce yourself to the class? Then you can join us for the Transformation Jutsu review," The brunette man says.

I nod and turn to the class with a dull expression, saying, "My name is Kimiko Sumire. It's nice to meet you all. I think."

Iruka asks the class when I don't say anything else, "Alright, class, do any of you have questions for Kimiko?"

Immediately, almost every hand goes up, but I take note of two certain girls; one with pink hair and mint green eyes, the other with waist length platinum blonde hair in a high ponytail and teal blue eyes. Something tells me they focus more on looks than their skills...

I point to the pinkette, saying, "Pinky."

She asks eagerly, though sounding hopeful, "Is there a boy you like in this class?"

I just give her a flat, deadpan expression at her question. Why would ask me something like that on my first day?!

"Huh...?" I utter dully, deadpanning heavily at her, an anime question mark floating around my head.

"Do you think one of the boys in this class is cute?" She tries to elaborate.

".... Uuuhhh... no? I've only just arrived, so what makes you think I'm interested in any boy? Besides, that shouldn't really be your top priority if you're aiming to be a Kunoichi. Give me a more serious question next time," I state, causing both her, the blonde, and a few other girls to blush in embarrassment, probably because I indirectly outed them on their obsession with gaining a boy's affections. I ignore the look I'm receiving from a boy with onyx eyes and equally dark hair that resembles a duck's butt, with bangs framing his face, as my attention shifts to a boy with dark hair in a spiky ponytail and chocolatey brown eyes. I point to him and he answers.

"You're not from around here, and you just said you'd just arrived. Where are you from, then?"

I was impressed by his assertiveness and smirk slightly. "You've got a sharp eye. What's your name?"

"Uh, Shikamaru Nara," He says, giving a loud yawn.

"Well, Shikamaru, you're correct; I'm not from around here. I don't really live anywhere so I usually just travel. Though, I've decided to stay in the Leaf Village for awhile. Not sure how long, though. Any other questions?"

A boy with crimson fang marks and brown spiky hair raises his hand and I nod for him to continue. He has a white puppy with brown fur atop his ears sitting on his head. So cute! "Are you from a ninja clan? And what made you want to come here?"

"Yes, I'm from a clan, which I don't feel like telling you about. As for why I'm here, I was just passing through when a a group of bandits attacked me. Then a Chunin named Izumo Kamizuki brought me to the hospital after if fainted from blood loss," I answer, deadpanning towards the end as Iruka looks surprised. Most of the kids lean forwards at my story, eager to hear about my fight with the bandits.

I answer a few more questions, dodging those similar to the pinkette's, before Iruka asks for everyone to form a line to the front of the class for the review, a clipboard in hand.

The pinkette from before steps forward and claps her hands in the ram hand sign. "Alright! Sakura here! Transform!" There's a puff of smoke, and when it fades, Sakura has turned into an exact copy of her sensei.

"Transformed into me. Good," He says in an impressed tone. "

Sakura squeals happily to the ravenette from before, "Yes! I did it! Yes, yes! Sasuke, did you see that?!"

When he doesn't even look at Sakura, she pours and returns to her seat as Iruka calls, "Next: Sasuke Uchiha!" The raven haired boy walks forwards and does the same hand sign.

He changes into his sensei as well, though Sasuke doesn't call out the Jutsu, unlike Sakura.

"Well done, Sasuke. Next: Naruto Uzumaki," Iruka says as Sasuke returns to his own form and goes to his seat.

"This is a total waste of time, Naruto," Shikamaru groans.

"We always pay for your screwups!" The blonde says irritably.

"Like I care!" Naruto says uncaringly, hands on his hips as he steps forwards next. What's his deal?

I notice the dark blue haired girl who was sitting next to the brunette at the back is looking at Naruto with a faint, shy smile, pressing her two fingers together. I'm going to assume that she likes Naruto.

Naruto walks forwards and calls out the Jutsu. However, unlike the others, Naruto transforms into a naked female version of himself with her long blonde hair in twin ponytails, clouds covering her private parts. "Ooohhh!" She croons, making me inwardly sweat drop as she blows a kiss, followed by a pink heart.

Iruka is sent flying back with a nosebleed as Naruto returns to his original form, laughing and pointing at Iruka. "Got ya! That's my "Sexy Jutsu!"

Iruka explodes with a tissue stuffed up his nose, "ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID TRICKS! THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!!"

I can't help but snuck at Iruka's predicament, earning me a dagger glare from the copper skinned man.

Regaining his composure, he tells me, "How about you come up next, Kimiko?"

I step forward and perform the correct hand signs, though I don't utter the Jutsu.

With a poof of smoke, my appearance changes to that of a certain Chunin with dark eyes, his headband fashioned into a bandanna, the right side of his face veiled by his brown bangs. I have on the correct outfit as well.

The whole class stares at me as Iruka says in disbelief, "V-Very well done, Kimiko. So you really did meet Izumo. You may take your seat."

I return to my normal form before I decide to go sit in between where the brown haired boy with the cute puppy and a girl with dark blue hair and white eyes were sitting before, ignoring Sasuke staring after me.

                       🗡🗡🗡

During lunch, I was approached by the brunette I was sitting next to, and I found out his name is Kiba Inuzuka, and his cute puppy is Akamaru.

We'd chatted throughout lunch and Akamaru kept wanting me to pat him. I'd also met the shy girl, Hinata Hyuga. She apparently usually stutters around people and is very shy and timid, but Hinata seems to be slightly less shy around me. Shikamaru and Choji Akimichi approach me at lunch as well, and we'd gotten off to a pretty good start. Choji even offered me some of his barbecue chips.

Choji had commented after seeing my laidback behaviour that he thinks I'm very much like Shikamaru, who is also apparently lazy.

I wasn't afraid to agree to it, much to his and the other's shock.

When class resumes, I was given a written test by Iruka which I'd passed, then I'd passed the practical test, having hit the target in both a neat line and in all the spots the vital areas of a human body would be, astonishing Iruka and shocking the rest of the class.

🗡🗡🗡

When the academy was over, I decide to walk home.

I unlock my house and take yet another cup of ramen from my countertop before I go and perch on the couch to watch more TV.

I'd also noticed the Anbu Black Ops from before had left, which means their mission to watch me is completed.

Once my noodles were done, I dig my chopsticks in.

It isn't really my favourite thing to eat; I was more of a meat kind of girl. I seriously have to get more food soon so I don't end up living off on ramen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 136 133
Two and a half years have passed since Naruto Uzumaki left to train with Master Jiraiya. Kimiko Sumire and her friends have been training hard themse...
1.6K 45 33
Akiko Akiyama is part of the Akiyama clan, another huge clan in the Hidden Leaf. Unfortunately, it suffered the same fate as the Uchiha. Growing up w...
4.6K 101 47
Now that Tsunade Senju has finally woken up from her coma, everyone is immensely relieved and is preparing for war. Ayumi and her friends have split...
9K 1K 26
(A Naruto-themed fanfic- Book 1 in its series) Just recently promoted to Jonin Status as a medical shinobi of the Hidden Leaf Village, Katsu Inazuna...