The Crystal Moon Curse: Book...

By BreeRosebury

As her pack teeters on the brink of collapse Genesis must do whatever it takes to save her she-wolves from th... More

Copyright
Author Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 32

1.8K 77 6
By BreeRosebury

GENESIS

The next three weeks go by in a blur. Never in my life had I been under such pressure.

On one hand, I had an additional hundred wolves on my land helping with rebuilding, so my days were filled with approving plans, managing finances, and monitoring the well-being of my wolves.

On the other hand, I was also keeping track of the reconnaissance teams that were out scoping the eight minor packs.

Keeping this mission from the rest of the Council while playing along with their original plan to prepare for a full moon battle was difficult, to say the least.

We also lost another three critically wounded she-wolves, but the rest made excellent recoveries.

My niece Astrid became a permanent fixture at the hospital and then when the final she-wolf was discharged she stayed on helping where she could around the pack.

Sebastian had to leave to deal with the Mikato issue that couldn't wait any longer, plus his brother Mateo had a birthday he had promised to throw for him.

We kept in touch via mind-link and face time, but as the first week rolled into a second, loneliness crept in, and I was even more grateful for Astrid's company.

With a week to go to the full moon another two hundred warrior wolves from the Prime 10 packs arrived and began preparations for battle. Sebastian, Blaze, and I decided it was best to keep going ahead with this course in case we were not successful with our secondary plan.

The workload increased, managing housing, food, and the occasional fights that broke out. My she-wolves were mostly at fault as they went a little psycho with all the fresh male meat on the ground. Seems like sex became the perfect healing tool and there was plenty of that going around.

I was watching over the fast-progressing construction of the new packhouse when my phone rang. Seeing Blaze's number I walk away from the foreman into the woods to take the call.

"Hi Blaze," I say. It had been a week since I last heard from him. He was leading one of the eight teams on the ground.

"Do you have plans for Thursday night?" he asks, and my heartbeat picked up.

"No, I have no plans. What do you want to do?" I respond

"How about a late lunch at 3 pm," he replies

"Sounds good, I'll see you then." I hang up.

Breaking down his message, the coordinated kidnappings would happen tomorrow, Wednesday at 3 am.

Love, did Blaze contact you. Sebastian links me.

Hey, yes he did. The cells are ready to receive the Alphas.

Good. Look I'm sorry I've been away longer than I expected, I'm just dealing with some things here but I plan to be there on Thursday, I want to be there when the fuckers are brought in.

I smile happily.

I can't wait to see you. I say trying not to sound as needy as I feel.

Me too babe, it's been too long and my right hand hurts like a bitch.

I laugh out loud sending a flock of birds in the trees flying up in fright.

I'm sure we can fix the problem when you get here, don't be late Alpha.

I hear him growl before he shuts down the link.

***

When the first sharp, piercing pain burned across my face, I knew immediately something bad had happened to Sebastian.

It was 3:30 am and Kiara and I were waiting in the conference room for an update from Blaze.

"Neo! What's wrong?" Kiara rushes to my side as I fall to my knees, grabbing my face. Suddenly a sharp stabbing pain pierces my left chest and I grab my breast. The pain is intense but it's not me, I can feel through the bond something is wrong with Sebastian.

"Kiara, it's not me, it's Sebastian - something has happened to him! I can't get through to him on the link. Call Donovan!"

I watch in trepidation, breathing through the pain as Kiara makes call after call until she gets through.

"Donovan! Finally. Where's Alpha Sebastian? What the hell! She is going to be pissed - here you better tell her yourself, I'm putting you on speaker."

"Donovan, It's Neo, what the fuck is wrong with Sebastian, I can feel he's hurt and he's not responding to the link."

"Luna, I'm sorry, he ordered me not to tell you, but I can't get through to him as well, he went to bring in Alpha Hans. He and Alpha Blaze decided in case word got to Hans about the strike against the Minor 8 Alphas, Hans should be brought in too. You were busy with Crystal Moon and Blaze is on mission so Sebastian went - he didn't want to tell you because he knew you would want to go with him."

"Damn him! How could he do this? Donovan, he's hurt, bad, we need to find him right now!"

"Luna, wait - Gamma Torro is linking me now stand by."

The line remains open and I rock on the floor clutching my chest, fear and pain enveloping me as the silence on the line threatens to deafen me as well.

"Kiara, I swear if that man is not dead I'm going to kill him myself when I see him." I snap, holding back the fear and tears that threaten to overwhelm me. I can't do this - I can't lose Sebastian.

Finally, Donovan gets back on the line.

"Luna, Alpha Sebastian was wounded in a fight with Alpha Hans. Alpha Hans is in custody and being brought to Blood Stone for holding. Gamma Torro and our warriors are bringing Alpha Sebastian home now - he needs urgent medical treatment."

"I'm on my way." Standing with difficulty, clutching my chest I rush out with Kiara hot on my trail.

"Neo, what are you going to do?" she asks

"I'm going to Blood Stone, get the jet ready, link your Mom I want her and a nursing team on the plane with me in thirty minutes."

We get into my SUV, Kiara driving. The pain in my chest begins to spread through my body, and beads of sweat break out as I struggle to breathe. I've heard of and seen this happen to mated couples many times, how when one was sick or hurt the other would feel some of it through the bond.

But what I was feeling, the intensity, was as if I myself had been stabbed in the chest. I just know that's exactly what has happened to Sebastian. The fact the pain I am feeling is so intense tells me he was in serious condition - but it makes no sense.

Sebastian is a werewolf, an Alpha, short of being stabbed or shot with silver or wolfsbane he should have healed fast.

Fuck. There was my answer.

"Kiara, step on it." I choke as we reach my house. Astrid comes running out with two bags and hops into the SUV her emerald eyes bright.

"What are you doing Astrid?" I stare at her.

"Beta Kiara linked me to get your bags packed, and I'm coming with you, you can't be on your own and I want to help." I look at my niece and see her emerald eyes swimming with concern.

Her jaw is set stubbornly in a way that reminds me of my dad and I close my eyes sighing.

"Fine. Kiara, let's get moving."

Thirty minutes later we are at a private airstrip where my jet is kept. I rarely use it personally, but it makes good money on charters, paid itself off in two years, and right now I'm so glad I bought it.

Imelda, Kiara's mother, is already there with two nurses. She scrutinizes me as I walk the tarmac toward them waiting by the jet, seeing the struggle in my breathing, the falter in my step, the sweat on my brow.

"Alpha Neo, I'll get you some painkillers. I've contacted Healer Santos he is the best surgeon I know closest to Blood Stone, he will be there in thirty minutes. Alpha Sebastian is about forty minutes out from Blood Stone, they are preparing to stabilize him, they've confirmed he was stabbed with a wolfsbane-laced silver knife." She offers no other consolation and I know her well enough to know she wouldn't if there was none to give.

My heart shatters, and the icy grip of fear and dread creeps through my veins. I hold on until we are in the air settled, and I've taken the painkillers.

Finally cruising south at high altitude I close my eyes.

Sebastian.

Can you hear me?

I'm coming to you.

I need you to hold on for me. Don't you dare even think of leaving me.

You promised me you wouldn't. You said we were forever so I'm holding you to that.

If you leave me now, I promise to hound you through the afterlife and the Moon Goddess hasn't seen anything yet if she takes you from me too.

She's taken too much from me already.

Not you.

You're mine.

Remember that Sebastian.

You. Are. Mine.

I hear nothing but silence back down the line but feel a soft hand over mine as I grip the armrest.

I open my eyes and see Astrid smiling at me, her eyes gentle and sweet.

She hands me a handkerchief and I realize my face is soaked with tears.

"He's going to be OK, Aunt Neo, there is nothing on the face of this earth that would keep Sebastian from you."

I sniffle a little wiping my face and blowing my stuffy nose.

"You know I hate it when you call me Aunt. I'm like three years older than you." I scrunch up my nose at her.

She chuckles.

"True, but you're one of those old-soul people. I feel like I'm five next to you. You're an Alpha, have an MBA, mated to one of the most powerful Alphas in the country, there is no way I'm calling you anything but Aunt or Alpha."

"Goddess I sound like I'm fifty." I chuckle and feel a sting in my chest reminding me of why we are on this jet.

"Thanks for coming with me Astrid, I'm glad you're here," I say truthfully, squeezing her hand, and closing my suddenly heavy eyes.

When I open them again Astrid is squeezing my hand.

"Aunt Neo, we've landed."

I look around surprised that I've slept through the flight and see Imelda approach me down the aisle.

"I'm guessing those were not just painkillers you gave me," I mutter as I unbuckle and stand, noticing the pain in my chest has subsided.

"You needed to rest, and I had to knock you out for your own safety. If Sebastian took a turn for the worse before he got to Blood Stone it would not have been good for you."

I shiver at the thought.

"Have you had an update?" I ask as we leave the jet heading to two black SUVs waiting for us. Donovan is waiting by one vehicle.

"Yes. Alpha Sebastian made it to his pack hospital safely about an hour ago while we were flying. He is in surgery as we speak. As soon as we get there I will join Healer Santos."

Surgery. The icy tentacles of fear return and my eyes glaze over as we reach the vehicle. Donovan bows.

"Luna Genesis, it's great to see you again, unfortunately not under the best of circumstances. Please come with me, the other vehicle will take the medical staff directly to the hospital."

"Thank you Donovan, it's good to see you too. This is my niece Astrid, Alpha Blaze's eldest daughter, she's my companion. You can speak freely in front of her."

He nods as we get in the SUV. Imelda and the nurses get in the other and they speed off ahead of us.

"So Donovan, what the fuck happened to my mate?" I ask as soon as he starts up the engine. He looks at me side-eyed and takes a deep breath.

"Believe me, Luna, it was not my idea to not tell you, I did warn him that you would be pissed."

"Pissed does not even remotely come close to how I'm feeling right now," I growl.

"I can see that," he murmurs clenching the steering wheel and I know he can feel my irritation, but being a Beta, an irritated Alpha is nothing he can't handle.

"So what happened, what do you know?"

"My information comes from Gamma Torro. He and Alpha Sebastian and two of our senior Epsilons went up to Silver Hill about three days ago to prepare for the raid. They were able to get into the Alpha house which was not heavily guarded. They got Alpha Hans out and were headed through the woods to the getaway vehicle when they encountered a patrol team. There was a fight, Alpha Hans got free and Sebastian went after him. He pulled a blade on Sebastian slashing him in the face and stabbing him in the chest."

I shiver again, fisting my hands, holding back Lyka who wants to leap out and kill someone for hurting her mate. The scent of my blood from my pierced palms permeates the air.

"How the fuck did Hans get his hands on a silver dagger after he was taken?" I ask through gritted teeth.

Donovan sighs.

"The Epsilons didn't search him when they grabbed him from the house. They made a mistake and believe me they will be paying for it."

I nod in approval.

A stupid mistake. That's what this was all about. A stupid mistake. A basic one at that. They didn't search Hans when they grabbed him. No doubt he was taken from bed and they probably assumed he was unarmed.

Fuck. Even I sleep with weapons under my mattress, I know Sebastian keeps a blade as well. Fucking stupid mistake. I'll deal with those idiots myself when I see them.

Lyka purrs in agreement. She is ready to step into role at Blood Stone and dish out the punishment due for the error that has her mate's life hanging on the line.

It's hard for me to appreciate the mountainous rocky beauty of Blood Stone as we drive through the gate and down the winding road past a mansion of a packhouse and to a small single-story building where I see many wolves milling around.

The pack hospital.

Exiting the SUV I feel eyes turn to me, whispers and surprise as the wolves see us and make a pathway as Astrid and I follow Donovan out of the car. Donovan stops to address the crowd.

"Clear out, all of you, this is not a show, you will be updated in due course." Donovan scowls at the crowd but they don't move as their eyes fall on me and whispers of 'Luna' reach my ear.

I stop and look at the crowd. Men, women, and children, all faces struck with concern for their Alpha who they know is fighting for his life in the pack hospital.

These are Sebastian's wolves. I know he loves them as much as they love him, they are here because they love him. The falling of an Alpha is one that will shatter the pack to its core and that fear is thick and cloying in the air.

I do what I was born to do. Stepping in front of Donovan I speak to them.

"Wolves of Blood Stone. I am Alpha Genesis Neo Highwater of Crystal Moon. Your Alpha, Sebastian, is my mate, and I am your Luna. I have brought our best medical team to attend to your Alpha and I will do everything in my power to help him heal. Alpha Sebastian is strong, and he would not want to see you all here worrying about him, but when he is out of surgery I will tell him you were all here wishing him well. Now please, do as Beta Donovan has instructed and go home and wait for an update. Thank you."

I nod and am pleased as they all bow in submission, acknowledging me and my status in their pack. Lyka stands proudly looking down at her pack. Oh yes, she has claimed them. My goddess, she is a haughty bitch.

She revels in the power she has as Alpha of one pack and Luna of another. I have to haul her back as I feel my eyes change and the crowd bows lower as they feel the power emerge in a wave over them.

It is a power they are familiar with for the power that an Alpha exerts over its pack is one that is a comfort, knowing that their protector, provider, and leader is there for them.

I nod to them as their acceptance washes over me and follow Donovan, who is looks at me with pride, into the small hospital.

What good feelings I have vanish as we step into the waiting room and I'm greeted by a nightmare.

Sebastian's dad and Mikato.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 7K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...
458K 14.1K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
14.9K 471 43
Book 2 of Mate of the Alpha. My mate was one of the most powerful Alphas in the world, one of the three brothers. No one would have known that he had...
98.4K 2.6K 44
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...