Foster Family

By smilemore954

Louis had been in foster care since he was a kid. Each home had turned out the same, either miserable or abus... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

3

9.2K 223 81
By smilemore954

Louis's POV:

The tea didn't last much longer because Sadie had come back and alerted us that she had ordered a pizza and it was time to eat.

As per my cue, I got up from the table and prepared to head back up to my room, as I was trained to do during dinner time in my old homes. I wouldn't eat with the family, I would be called back to the kitchen after they were done eating so I could clean up after them and I would eat the scraps of whatever they left from their meals if I was hungry.

"Where are you going?" Edward asks the second he sees me walking off.

I turn back to see all of their faces furrowed in confusion.

"Uh just back to my room, you said it was dinner time right? Just let me know when you guys are done and I can come back to clean." I answer awkwardly.

I don't miss the sadness that seems to flush into their eyes.

"No Louis, here we eat together. As a family." Sadie tells me as she pauses what she is doing and pays me all her attention.

"Oh," Is all I can find within myself to say.

I nod my head with a blush, feeling embarrassed and confused all at once.

I hesitantly make my way back to the table where once again a chair is pulled out for me by one of the triplets. I try to at least assist Sadie by helping set the table but she declined and just told me to eat.

This all felt rather surreal and I know it won't last long.

-

"Would you like to watch a movie with us, Louis?" Harry asks, knocking from the other side of my bedroom door.

I set down my books and look up at the men as they step into my room. I had a bit of work I was supposed to catch up on before tomorrow.

Sadie informed me after dinner that tomorrow I would start school at the local high school. Truthfully I haven't been to a new school in a while now. All my old homes were in the same school district but now I am nearly four towns away. I know absolutely no one, so to say that I'm nervous is quite an understatement.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on your night." I say, folding the corner of the page on the book in my hands.

The triplets actually seem to be rather sweet, I'm sure the act may let up soon but maybe I can appreciate it for now and just wait for them to realize how irritable I am.

"We want to spend time with you Lou, we want to get to know you. We want to be close with you." Marcel smiles with a nod.

I don't understand, they are so kind to me. They have no reason to be.

"If you are sure, then I would love to."

They smile at me.

"Lovely," Edward says smoothly as they wait for me to get up.

I quickly pull myself out of bed, not wanting to make them wait.

The three step away from the door frame and let me walkthrough.

Two of them then stand closely on my sides while the third stands behind me, I can't tell who is who without looking at their faces yet. I can tell that they are careful to leave a few inches of space between us but they're being so close made me feel oddly protected.

They directed me to the living room on the first floor of the house, knowing I hadn't been into that room in the home yet.

"What would you like to watch Lou?" Harry asks. The nickname sends butterflies to my stomach in an instant.

"Uh I don't mind, anything you guys want is fine with me," I say, my voice rather quiet, cursing myself for feeling so flustered at something as simple as a nickname that I have been called a million times.

But something about it coming out of his lips made me all nervous and blushy.

I really haven't seen a movie in a while now so I wouldn't have the slightest of a clue what to recommend.

"Edward you are not picking," Marcel says quickly jumping off of my words.

"What? Why not?" Edward objects, a confused and fake look of hurt on his face.

"Because that movie you made us watch last week was terrible and I am not putting Louis through something like that." Marcel jokes back, making me giggle a bit.

All of them then look at me, making me stop laughing. They seem to have looks of endearment on their face but Jesus are they intimidating.

To then escape the awkwardness of not knowing what to say right now, I clear my throat softly before sitting down on the couch.

They then follow after me, Edward sits on my right. Marcel then is about to sit on my left before Harry seems to push him out of the way, taking the spot for himself. I laugh again when Marcel frowns and sits on the other side of Harry.

They, like last time, give me the same look of endearment. Why do they keep doing that?

"So uh what movie are we watching?" I say, still trying to ease the awkwardness.

It seems to shake them out of their trance.

"Oh yeah, movie. I say we watch that movie that mom loves. I feel like Lou would like that one." Harry says to his brothers.

"No way that one is so boring," Edward argues with his brother.

The discussion about the movie continues between the triplets for a few more minutes before Edward takes control of the situation and throws on some random rom-com that they all seemed to agree on, deciding that it would be a movie I would enjoy.

"If you want to watch something else just let us know and we will change it," Marcel says to me, leaning over his brother to lock eye contact with me,

Edward and Harry nodded in agreement with him.

I nod, pressing my lips together tightly, not really wanting to say anything in case it is something that annoys them.

As soon as the movie begins, I feel my mind wandering elsewhere.

I'm not mentally prepared to go to school tomorrow. I already know the kids there won't like me and won't be very nice. Plus I'm going to have to do a lot of catching up because the school year started nearly three weeks ago for everyone else.

I mindlessly fidget with my fingers a bit, looking for comfort anywhere I can find it. I don't want to fully panic in front of the triplets but thinking about going to school tomorrow has my heart in my stomach.

Suddenly I feel a large hand being placed over my own, causing me to flinch a bit at first, not used to being touched when it is not in a harmful manner.

I look up and see it's Edward's hand that is stopping mine from fidgeting and I find him looking down at me before he bends down to my ear.

"Relax Lou, you are okay. I promise you are safe with us." He says softly into my ear so the others don't look over.

I don't know why his words had such great effects on me but I feel anxieties washing away from my mind for the time being as the blush creeps up my body.

I nodded and stilled my hands entirely before turning my head back to the TV screen and doing my best to keep my attention there.

His hand doesn't move off of both of mine, making sure to keep me calm.

My focus on the movie doesn't last for long as I feel a wave of sleepiness engulf me and my head subconsciously onto one of the triplet's shoulders, I am too tired to register who's it is before I am asleep.

-

Edward's POV:

I feel Louis's body shift away from mine as he falls asleep on Harry. Yes, he looks utterly adorable but I can't help the jealousy that seems to bubble in my stomach, I want him to fall asleep on me.

Even though my brothers and I only go into relationships with people together, for some reason I can't help but crave anything that has to do with Louis.

I see Harry's eyes light up as he looks down at Louis's tiny frame fast asleep against his body.

He slowly adjusts the arm that Louis is leaning on and wraps it around the boy, gently moving Lou's head onto his chest. He in his sleep cuddles into the warmth. He looks so small against Harry, I would be lying if I said the scene didn't make my heart swell.

"What I would give to be in your spot right now H," Marcel says, his mind on the same page as mine.

"He's so gorgeous," Harry says softly, his voice letting slight vulnerability sound through.

"That's for sure." I agree, scooting closer to him, being sure to not wake him.

I very slowly reach my hand around Harry and down to Louis's head before I slowly begin to very gently run my fingers through his soft feathery hair.

"Be careful Ed, I don't want to wake him," Harry says, in a whispered tone.

"I'm being gentle, don't worry. I'll always be gentle with him." I tell him honestly.

He just looks so delicate, so fragile.

We all sit in still for about thirty more minutes, just appreciating.

"Mom said that he starts school tomorrow," Marcel states, pulling us all back to reality a bit.

"She did? Why didn't I know about this?" I say my tone not fully pleased.

I want to know about everything that has to do with Louis.

"She told us at dinner dummy, you weren't listening." He snaps back, still whispering.

That's probably true, my mind was...elsewhere.

"I don't think I was listening either. Where is he going?" Harry says, his eyes glued to Louis.

"Our old school."

We both look up at Marcel.

"What?" We say in sync, hoping that we heard him wrong.

"Mom said that she wants the best education for him, so she's sending him to West Prep," Marcel confirms.

"But everyone is going to know who he is to us and our reputation still exists around there for some dumb reason, I don't want all of that falling onto him. He's already going to have a hard enough time being a new student, he doesn't need our stupid shit weighing him down." Harry says, his voice frustrated.

Teenagers can be assholes, I don't know exactly what his classmates would do once they figure out that he is part of our family but the idea of anyone doing anything makes my blood boil.

"I know, I tried to talk to mom but she says she has it under control. Apparently, she has already spoken with the Principle and asked him to keep his eye on Louis." Marcel says, but I can tell he is just as unhappy as I am.

That'd bull shit.

"Keep an eye on him? The fuck does that even mean." Harry whispers pissed off.

"I don't know either H but mom is right he does need a proper education. Apparently, he hasn't been to a good school in a while now." Marcel says with a sigh.

"Yeah, I guess you're right but I just don't understand why he has to go to the school that we left a shitty rep on," I say my voice softer, letting my anger wash away at the sight of Lou asleep.

"I know but I think that she just really wants him to attend a good school and we all know it's really the only decent school in town." Marcel reasons.

We had to go to a couple of shitty high schools before finding one that actually cared about academics and I'm sure our mom just wants to give him the same opportunities that we had. And trust me, I want him to go to a good school as well, just not at the price for his happiness or safety.

"Let's just give it a shot and try to be supportive. We will keep close tabs on everything going on but who knows, maybe it won't be as bad as we are thinking." Harry agrees.

We don't want to send Louis in with a negative look on the school so we will just have to see what happens.

"Why don't we get him up to bed, he will be more comfortable up there." I suggest,

They nod at me in agreement.

"I want to carry him." Marcel pitches in.

"What? No way, he fell asleep on me, I get to take him." Harry fights back.

"The only reason he fell asleep on you is because you pushed me out of the way to sit next to him. Plus you already got to have him sleep on you, so let me carry him up." Marcel says as a matter of factly.

They are children.

"I am taking him," I say, with full authority.

"Uh no the hell you are not." Harry pipes back at me.

"Neither of you are taking him. I am." Marcel says.

This continues for another few minutes until we all just got tired and annoyed and let Marcel take him, even though it should have been me.

Marcel's touch with Louis is very soft as he reaches down and wraps his arms around the boy and lifts him out of Harry's hold.

I see a slight bit of rage flash through Harry's eye as Marcel does so, he is refraining from saying anything. It's not that he doesn't want them to develop a bond, it's just that he doesn't want to be without Lou.

We have always just been protective beings, I couldn't tell you why, we just are.

Marcel decides to hold the boy bridle style, figuring that it would be the easiest way to keep him asleep as we move him.

"I want him to sleep in our room." Harry states.

"I know H, me too. But just imagine how freaked out he would be when he woke up. We just have to give it some time." I comfort him a bit, placing my hand on his shoulder.

We both then get up to follow Marcel back to Lou's room, following the man like lost puppy dogs. God if anyone ever saw us just following after someone like this, it would be quite the uproar.

When we get up to his room I am quick to grab the door for Marcel and Lou, letting them walk in ahead of me and Harry.

I am sure to not look around the room too much, not wanting to invade his privacy, especially not while he is five feet away from me asleep.

Harry pulls back the comforter and sheets, opening up the space on the bed for Marcel to put him down.

"I don't want to let him go." Marcel whines, knowing that he may not be able to hold the boy like this for a while.

God, we have only known the boy for a few hours and he has a death grip on our minds.

Marcel eventually lays the boy on the bed before covering him back up with the sheets, making sure he is warm enough.

The boy looks so small and innocent as sleeps, I don't know how it is possible for me to feel so much about someone I just met.

All three of us plant a gentle kiss on the boy's forehead as we prepare to head to our own room.

"Goodnight sweetheart."

With that, we left the room and went to the one right next to his, which happened to be ours.

Our room had one large king bed in the middle of the room which we all shared, we were just used to it, even if we weren't romantically involved with each other.

We all slip out of our shirts and trousers, leaving each in our boxers before we brush our teeth and get into bed.

"Did you let mom know that we are going to take him to school tomorrow?" I ask Marcel.

"Yeah, I assumed we would want to." He smiles back.

It is silent for a few moments as we all just lay in bed, wide awake, all having the same thoughts.

"Do you think that we will be able to get Louis to want to be with us? No one has ever really wanted all three of us." Harry says.

I don't even want to think about that but I know he's right.

"There is a good chance that he won't be interested but all we can do is try." I sigh, laying on my back, staring off to the ceiling.

"What are we going to do if he doesn't want to be with us?" Marcel says, voicing his worries.

"We will figure it out, don't worry." I comfort, even though I'm not so sure myself.

"We will," They voice back.

Nothing else is said between us as we all just lay awake, waiting for sleep to overtake us.

Eventually, we are out.

--
Hello my babies!

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

Thank you for reading

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 12.4K 17
In the space of five minutes Louis life has turned upside down His mum is getting married to her boyfriend James, he's moving house and he's getting...
102K 3.1K 32
Louis and Harry's sons are growing up; Zayn is twenty-two, owns his own tattoo parlour and is in a long-term relationship; Liam is seventeen, in his...
245K 7.6K 54
Harry, Edward and Marcel the most feared and barbaric pirates alive. Known to kill and torture everyone they come across without any remorse. Louis...
15K 618 19
"Yes. My name is Louis. And who might you be, cutie?" "I'm . . . Harry. My name is Harry, and I'm your next door neighbour. I live at the yellow hous...