Spirit Mother - Twilight Saga

Od thalia_key

Nika Uley is the sister of Sam, the leader of the wolf pack. What happens when she learns about the whole oth... Více

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Spirit mother

chapter 4

722 21 2
Od thalia_key

Alex was beyond uncomfortable with Leah being around. But I told him she was depressed and we needed to cheer her up.

So we went surfing.

Leah was reluctant, but eventually gave in. She texted Embry to inform the other about where they were going, and then we geared up.

"I don't know how to surf" said Leah once we arrived.

"Nice try, I saw you with your brother, fighting off the most dangerous waves" said Alex, smirking at Leah. "He's in the same year as Embry and his friends, the ones you always hang out with, right?" Asked Alex, looking at me.

"No, he's a year younger" said Leah. "He's still a kid" she added, smiling a little. I raised a brow. Was he also a wolf already?

"Let's go" said Alex excitedly, and ran into the water not even waiting for us.

"Is he jealous a lot?" Asked Leah.

"Not really, he's pretty chill. He doesn't like me and Embry getting along so well, but he doesn't complain too much, trying not to be toxic I guess."

"You should probably tell him that's Embry's your half-brother" said Leah, laughing a little. Looking at her laughing so genuinely, I was reminded of her old self, which I honestly missed. We got along well. She was also beautiful when she smiled.

"Let's not leave him alone" I said with a grin, and me and Leah also went for the waves.

Once I was on my surfboard, I had a weird feeling rush through me that I'd never experienced before. It felt like my body was on fire. The water felt so much colder than it actually was, and I lost my balance for a second. I fell into the water, and I felt like I spent hours there. My head hurt and my body was flaming, I felt dizzy. But when I resurfaced, both Leah and Alex just laughed at me, like nothing happened.

We spent the whole afternoon surfing, then Alex drove me and Leah home. Where Leah's car was parked, ready to go home.

—————————————

Weeks went by like that.

Me trying to get used to the whole supernatural situation, trying my best to keep it from Alex, although it was hard.

Me having weird episodes where my body felt like it was set on fire. I asked Sam if it was possible for me to phase, but he didn't have an answer for me. He was just as much in the dark as I was.

I was talking to Alice every now and then, trying to find out the reason for this Victoria woman to go after me.

"Maybe we could talk to the Volturi" offered Emmett once we were in the cafeteria of our high school, just talking about our situation.

"The what?"

"Are you mad?" Asked Alice. "They'd kill her for knowing about us. If not for that, then for being a werewolf."

"I'm not a werewolf."

"Well you're a werewolf's... uh, sister" said Alice.

"So what's the Valterri?"

"It's the Volturi" corrected Edward. "One of the oldest vampire covens. They're kind of the kings of our world."

"That's sick" I admitted.

"Yeah but Edward pissed them off a month ago so I doubt they'd help us with anything" said Rosalie, being the usual source of positivity.

"We could ask Kaure" said Jasper quietly. "She knows a lot of legends."

"That's not a bad idea" said Alice, taking a mental note. "Nika, tell Sam to call me. I need to arrange something."

I nodded suspiciously, but our conversation paused because Bella arrived and the focus shifted to her. My attention drifted and suddenly the weird hot feeling was back in my body. I was hurting all over, and closed my eyes for a second.

I felt someone touching my arm, and it came so unexpectedly, I suddenly grabbed the hand and held it away from me. I opened my eyes and looked at the stunned faces of the Cullens.

I was holding Emmett's hand away from me with so much force like I was afraid that if it got close to me, I'd die.

"Ouch" said Emmett, and I immediately let him go.

"Sorry."

"That was a strong grip right there" he said uncomfortably. I knew Emmett was considered incredibly strong, so I was surprised by myself.

"Are you okay?" Asked Bella, looking at me with concern.

"Sure" I said, looking down at my hand.

"Your escort is waiting outside" said Alice, with a smirk, and I sighed, saying a quick goodbye, then walking outside to be welcomed with an unpleasant sight.

"Oh, it's you" I said, frowning.

"Hello to you too" said an already annoyed Paul. "Just get in the car."

I rolled my eyes, but I knew he was most likely ordered by Sam, so he didn't have any other choice than to take me home.

"How was your day?" I asked, grumpily, but trying to make an effort. He seemed taken aback by my question, and for a solid minute I thought he'd just ignore me.

"I met Bethany" he blurted. My eyes went wide. It was literally the only topic I had no idea how to talk about.

"You see each other often?" I croaked out.

"No. She just asked me what the hell I'm doing at your house all day."

My eyes jumped out of my head.

"How does she even know that??"

"Snapchat map probably" he shrugged.

I facepalmed.

"Great. And what did you tell her?"

"I told her it wasn't any of her business."

"You idiot" I cried. "She's going to make assumptions!"

"What assumptions exactly? She knows I'm friends with Sam."

"So why didn't you just tell her that? She knows I'm back in La Push!"

"So what" he laughed bitterly. "She might as well get used to us hanging out because you're our business from now on. Plus you don't even talk to her anymore."

"Oh so now I'm your business?"

"Why do you think I'm driving you right now?"

"Because you're my brother's sidekick" I groaned.

He seemed to tense up, and grip the steering wheel harder.

"Jesus chill out" I mumbled. He seemed to be in agony for a second, but just then we arrived at Sam's. We walked into the house, side by side, avoiding the other as much as we could.

"Wow that tension is worse than when Leah's around" said Quil, earning a smack from Jared. I scoffed and walked up to my room. A minute later, Embry knocked on my door.

"What's up?" I asked, opening up.

"I was about to ask the same" he said, raising a brow. "So what exactly is up with you and Paul?"

I sighed, nodding for him to come in. I closed the door behind us.

"Don't you all have super hearing?" I asked suspiciously.

"If you talk really silently, they won't understand it from downstairs" shrugged Embry. I scoffed again, and moved closer to him, the both of us sitting down on my bed.

"You know his ex girlfriend, Bethany?" I whispered.

"Sure."

"Bethany and Alex were the only two people I had and could count on when Sam started to become distant. I mean, now I know why he did that, but still. I was basically a depressed teenage girl longing for attention from their friends, and Beth... well, Paul was too possessive, and was even jealous of her hanging out with me. So I was left with Alex, but since I was in love with him even back then, I felt uncomfortable with him being my only company. And he wasn't interested in me back then. So life sucked. Then they finally broke up, but Beth changed and she was also irritable so her and Alex got into a huge fight, which broke all of us up. But before that, Beth told me how he broke up with her. He literally just said that he was sorry but he can't give her an explanation. And then ignored and ghosted her."

Embry listened carefully to my whispering tone.

"So you just think he's a dick" he summed up. I broke out laughing.

"I mean... I guess."

He laughed with me, but then turned a little more serious.

"Just don't make him too angry."

"He still has issues?" I asked.

"Well... becoming a wolf... I guess it even fuels it. But Sam's helping him a lot with control."

I nodded, trying to accept that my brother's joined by the hip with the only guy I have no wish to speak to.

"Anywayssss. How are things with Alex?" Asked Embry, now in a normal tone, making me raise a brow, then laugh a little.

"He's actually a little concerned about you."

"Me?" Asked Embry with wide eyes, whispering again.

"Yeah" I grinned. "He doesn't know that we're related yet."

"Oh. Well do tell him" he said uneasily.

"I will, don't worry" I smiled. "Now come on, I need to talk to Sam" I said, grabbing him by the hand, and yanking him up from the bed we were sitting on.

Except...

I heard a loud bang, and I saw Embry holding his head with his hand, with a painful expression on, by the door.

"I'm sorry" I muttered.

"Since when are you so strong??" Asked Embry, groaning. He must have hit his head. A moment later the door flew open, hitting Embry again.

"Hey!" I yelled, stepping to Embry immediately. "You okay?"

"What happened?" Asked Sam, stepping into the room. "We thought it was the leech finding you."

"No, I just... uh" I stuttered, looking uncertainly at Embry. I could see Paul appearing in the doorway, along with Jared.

"She just knocked me into the door."

"What did you do?" Asked Sam with slight amusement in his voice.

"Nothing, she just wanted to help me up" explained Embry, looking at me weirdly.

"I uh... this kind of happened with Emmett today as well" I said. "I almost broke his hand."

"The big bloke?" Asked Paul, raising a brow.

"That would be him" I said awkwardly.

"So... you're strong?" Asked Sam.

"Uh... I guess. But... I don't feel like it, it just happens randomly."

"Let's test it" suggested Embry. Sam and Paul shared a weird look, but nodded.

"Erm, how exactly?" I asked nervously.

"Arm wrestling" smirked Jared. "Come downstairs."

I had to roll my eyes. Him, Sam and Embry left to the stairs, but Paul lingered for a while.

"What?" I asked, with attitude. He smirked.

"Did you really throw him into the door?" He asked, taking me by surprise. He almost seemed... proud.

"It seems like it" I said, trying to bite back a grin. Even though I was beyond weirded out, the situation was kind of funny. "Let's go."

We walked downstairs, and I saw Emily smiling at the sight of the two of us.

"So who wants to go first?" Asked Sam.

"Me" said Quil without hesitation. I laughed at him and we situated ourselves around the coffee table, holding each other's hand, ready to start.

"I really don't feel like I even stand a chance" I admitted.

"She's just being humble. Look at the bruise my impact left" said Embry, showing his head to Emily, who laughed.

"Okay on the count of three" said Sam, smirking a little. "One... two... three."

I was ready to destroy Quil, but instead, I felt pain. My hand collided with the surface of the coffee table.

"Ouch" I said, surprising Quil.

"I'm sorry" he, said immediately, looking at... Paul, for some reason, apologetically. Paul seemed tense, but Sam put a hand on his shoulder, and he calmed down.

"Maybe Embry's just too weak" shrugged Jared. The boys all sniggered at Embry, who rolled his eyes.

"What exactly happened today with Emmett?" Asked Sam.

"Well... I was kind of zoning out, and he touched my arm. It kind of happened as an... instinct?"

Sam shared a look with the others, and they were having a silent conversation. Quite literally, I guess, I knew about their mind reading thing. Or whatever. It honestly freaked me out, seeing them like that. Were they arguing?

My wondering was stopped as I felt an arm suddenly hoisted me up and pinned me against the wall, holding me firmly. My body took over the control, and a second later, the person was on the ground, groaning.

"Oh my god" I heard Emily. "You guys could have warned me" she complained, a hand over her chest.

"Sorry" said Sam, quickly planting a kiss on her forehead, then walked up to Paul on the ground, who was holding his arm with his other hand, and helped him up.

My eyes went wide.

"Okay but let's face it, he wouldn't actually hurt her" said Quil, but was silenced by a mean look from Paul.

"Erm... sorry" I muttered. It did feel good though, as I've been wanting to smack him for a while.

Paul ignored me and put his probably broken arm back into its place with a yelp of pain, to start the healing process. I winced at the sight of him being in pain. But a part of me was proud that I was the one causing it.

"You were right" said Sam, looking at Paul. "It only works on instinct. It's like when adrenaline kicks in, and you turn into superman. Even the humans are capable of seemingly impossible things sometimes, when they're driven my adrenaline."

"Yeah. I'm going home" said Paul, and left the house. Jared and Sam shared a look, and Jared left right after, running to catch up with Paul.

"What's his problem?" I asked.

"Besides you breaking his arm?" Asked Quil, clearly amused by the situation. I rolled my eyes, but I was also kind of laughing.

"Erm... I agreed to meet Alex tonight..."

"I'll call Leah" said Embry immediately.

"Do we really need to?" I asked. "I mean, I like Leah and all, but I want to spend some alone time with my boyfriend."

Sam had a weird look on.

"Do you love him?" He asked, mysteriously. The question surprised me, but I knew my answer.

"Yes."

"Wow, without hesitation" said Emily, smirking.

"Go. We'll keep an eye on the house from a distance" said Sam. I nodded, knowing it was my best chance of spending some alone time with Alex.

Walking out the door, I could see two figures by a car, who I made out to be Jared and Paul. Jared was holding Paul down, and I knew that look and that state. Paul was about to shift. I got scared for a second, knowing that an angry werewolf with additional anger issues wasn't my best chance of surviving... but then it seemed like Paul noticed me and taking a deep breath, he calmed down.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2K 72 6
❝ hold on tight. wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright. ❞ paul lahote. (platonic) sam uley. © staticwebs, 2024.
25.6K 336 13
Billy Black's daughter, (Y/n) Black, sets off towards the mountains in hopes of forming her own pack, or possibly joining one. Jacob begged her to s...
9.2K 349 14
Rosa Swan, Twin sister to the one and only, accident prone and danger magnet Isabella Swan, Life hasn't been easy for Rosa, watching her parents marr...
69.7K 1.2K 30
"What is making you act this way towards me? Is it Sam?" He doesn't meet my eyes. "Just drop it Gemma, there is no future with me. We can't do this a...