Gold Blood Eyes ||Mo Dao Zu S...

By Fan_Girl_101_

"You mentioned Lan Zhan," Lan Xichen nodded, expression falling into one of despair, "I've been trying to hel... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Visitors
Chapter 2: Xichen's Desperation
Chapter 3: Back Outside
Chapter 4: The Fragrance Hall
Chapter 5: Defence
Chapter 6: Cooperation
Chapter 7: Yunmeng Taverns
Chapter 8: Sight
Chapter 9: Behind Closed Doors
Chapter 10: Accusations
Chapter 11: Twists and Turns
Chapter 12: Little Ghost
Chapter 13: The Heir of YiLing
Chapter 14: Curse Trail
Chapter 15: Candied Killer
Chapter 16: Core of Truths
Chapter 17: To Everything Revealed
Chapter 18: Stitching the Seams
Chapter 19: Love

Chapter 20: Epilogue

8.4K 499 131
By Fan_Girl_101_

"Airen," a soft call came from the doorway of the small, yet comfy house, draped with soft colors of white and blue, a few splashes of red and black standing out.

Such a splash was the man dressed in robes of those colors, who glanced back to the voice with silver eyes. Wei WuXian smiled lovingly at his husband who was dressed in the regal white robes, Lan WangJi crossing the distance between them and placing a tender kiss on the younger's lips.

"Yes, my love?" Wei WuXian answered, just as soft.

"They're all here, your siblings, Wei and Jiang. ZiXuan, Chifeng Zun, Huaisang. Yanli-Jie even brought Rulan and the twins. A-Yuan has gone ahead to meet them with Brother and Uncle," Lan WangJi informed, holding out a hand.

Wei WuXian's smile sparkled at the mention of their friends and family arriving in Cloud Recesses. He took his husband's hand, before looping his arm through Lan WangJi's. Then, they both walked out of their home, the Jingshi. As they walked towards the Elegance Hall to meet their guests, Wei WuXian found himself reflecting on the time that had passed.

It had been nearly five years since the peacefulness had graced their lives. Five years since that dreadful curse and the execution of Meng Yao, Su She, and Jin Guangshan. Many things had happened since then. The first of the changes had been the permanent relocation of the residents of the Burial Mounds, the Wens, as they had gone by back then. After the transition to Lotus Pier, they had changed their last names.

It was not an easy decision, to change one's surname was to abandon once's ancestors, but Popo, the wisest of the group, had spoke with the promise, "Our ancestors would wish us the best. I believe they would understand,"

The final unanimous decision was then made, all left had been to pick a name. Wei WuXian remembered the day he had been brought to the hall, confused and worried something had gone wrong. Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli were standing there, Jin ZiXuan off to the side with a sleeping Jin Ling in his arms. Beside him was Lan Xichen, Lan WangJi, Nie MingJue, and Nie Huaisang.

"...what happened?" Wei WuXian asked after shutting the door firmly behind him.

At his entrance, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli exchanged a nod, before slowing moving forward to him. Wei WuXian frowned farther, eyes darting around with confusion. He spotted A-Yuan, Lan Yuan, as they had decided a week before, his and Lan WangJi's soon to be official son, the benefit of the Lan name enough one of the biggest deciders of that, near Lan WangJi's leg.

"Stand here, do not move," Jiang Cheng told him, while Jiang Yanli gently pushed Wei WuXian further into the room so he now stood only a few steps away from Wen Qing and Wen Ning, who were at the front of the crowd of Wen Remnants.

They then moved to the side, leaving Wei WuXian alarmed. He stared at the Wen's, "What? Qing-Jie, A-Ning, has something gone wrong?"

"No, not at all," Wen Qing said, her voice uncharactiaclly soft...no, that was wrong, hesitant.

"You..." Wei WuXian looked even more worried, "Suddenly speaking like this, I'm actually getting scared,"

Wen Qing rolled her eyes loosely while Wen Ning giggled. Then, the two Wen siblings glanced at one another, and then at their family. A chorus of nods were sent to the Wen siblings, who turned back to face Wei WuXian. Before he could ask again, he was shocked into stillness, eyes blowing wide.

Their arms came to clasp infront of each of them, bodies bending at the hips. The bow was shocking enough, but Wei WuXian let out a small squeak of alarm as Wen Qing and Wen Ning lowered themselves completely, heads against the floor.

"What are you- What is this- get up! Get up!" Wei WuXian yelled, moving forward to force them, but then stopping as Wen Ning spoke.

"Ying-Ge, we will never be express our full gratitude to you for all these years. The isolation you suffered for us, the misunderstandings that had arisen. But we all we never feel sorry for the home we had build with you," Wen Ning said with such confidence Wei WuXian had never heard from him before.

Wen Qing picked up, "A-Ying, you are our brother, a member to our home. Though you will marry WangJi and move away to Gusu, you will always be a part of this family. Thus, we would like to honor you and all you have done..."

"I- I-" Wei WuXian looked like he didn't know how to react, glancing frantically at the others for help.

"Listen," Lan WangJi mouthed to him.

Wei WuXian frowned, but looked back, "Won't you stand? I'm scared, what are you doing?" Seeing them unmoving he called desperately, "Wen Qing-"

"No," Wen Qing cut him off sharply, rising her head, with Wen Ning, and going to kneel, the other Wens rising from their bows as well, smiles of love on each of them, "Not Wen Qing,"

"W-what?"

"Wei," she said with a smile, "Wei Qing,"

Wei WuXian blinked. Once, twice.

Wen Ning smiled, "And I Wei Qionglin, Wei Ning,"

Slowly, it began to hit him. Wei WuXian stepped back, his eyes filling with tears and mouth tearing out a gasp. Popo gave him that sweet smile she always did, "Wei Popo,"

"Wei JiaLi,"

"Wei DongFeng,"

Slowly, each of them spoke their names following the surname 'Wei'. Wei WuXian had tears on his cheeks and his lip was shaking to the upcoming sobs threatening to burst. He choked out, "What...what is...Why..."

"Do you reject it?" Wen- Wei Qing asked, slowly rising back to her feet with Wei Ning.

Wei WuXian shook his head, "If- I- are you sure? My name gives nothing, there is nothing connected to it,"

"There is you," Wei Ning smiled.

Wei WuXian sobbed, "I've never...I don't have..."

Wei Qing and Wei Ning smiled sadly, coming forward and hugging him, resting their heads on one of his shoulders each. Wei WuXian's body trembled and his voice whispered, "Wei Qing...Wei Ning...A-Jie, Didi,"

They hugged him tighter. Wei WuXian smiled, really smiled, and began to laugh and cry, hugging them back, hands fisting their robes. The other Wen- Weis swarmed forward to Wei WuXian, burrowing him in a group hug.

Since then, there were no more Wens. The entire fraction had changed to Wei, and would only respond to it. The Wen name was lost to time, lost to them.

They had become permanent parts of the pier, even more so when a year ago, Jiang Cheng and Wei Qing had announced their courting, and a few months ago, the official engagement.

As they reached the Elegance Hall, Wei WuXian tightened his grip on his husband, "Do you think they'll be shocked?"

"I think they'll be happy," Lan WangJi told him, "Uncle especially,"

Wei WuXian giggled softly, "I've turned him soft, just like I did you,"

Ever since their marriage and Wei WuXian became a permanent residence of the Cloud Recesses, Lan Qiren had seen a lot more of him. Of course, he had also defended their marriage when the elders opposed to the union. Even if it did happen with Wei WuXian granting Lan Xichen permission to tell Lan Qiren everything, including the lack of core and choice in cultivation path. Once Lan Qiren had found the possibility of Wei WuXian regrowing a core, he was one of the biggest supporters, helping Wei WuXian with everything and anything. The two had formed a bond, rambling about teaching and theories, Wei WuXian thriving in the environment of someone listening and actively discussing and counting his ideas with him.

Lan WangJi only smiled, opening the doors. When they walked in, joyous smiles and greetings exploded the usually silent room. Jiang Yanli patted the heads of two four-year-old girls in gold robes near her legs, "A-Hua, A-Mei," she raised a hand to the young boy in Jin robes beside a slightly older boy in Lan robes, "A-Ling, go greet your uncles,"

At once, the three Jin siblings, beamed, turning to the sight of their Dajiu and chorusing, "DAJIU!!!"

Wei WuXian released Lan WangJi running forward and opening his arms, "My nephews and neices!"

The three dashed forward, crashing into his hug, Wei WuXian happily welcoming them and pecking each of their heads. The twins, Jin LiHua and Jin LiMei, were born a year after Jin ZiXuan had taken over the LanlingJin Sect, six years younger than their older brother Jin Ling, who was now 10-years-old, and nine years younger to their cousin, Lan Yuan, who was 13-years-old.

(Funfact: LiHua is beautiful pear blossom. LiMei is beautiful plum blossom)

Jin Ling had recently received his sword and courtesy name of Rulan, while Lan Yuan had received his three years prior, going more commonly by Lan SiZhui now.

They all pulled back, Wei WuXian grinning up at the adults. He walked forward and compliments flowed out like candy, "Shijie! You look as lovely as ever, and your husband looks like a peacock!"

Jin ZiXuan rolled his eyes fondly, while Jiang Yanli simply giggled, "You look handsome too, A-Xian,"

"Pfft- I didnt even get much sleep last night," Wei WuXian joked.

"It better because you were reading a scripture or else I will cut you and that ice-block husband of yours," Jiang Cheng sneered.

Wei WuXian just winked and Jiang Cheng almost launched at him, if not for Wei Qing placing a hand on him in time, "A-Cheng,"

The sect leader wilted, looking at her with exasperation, "But-"

One eyebrow raise and Jiang Cheng was quick to comply. Wei WuXian felt his heart warm at the scene. Lan SiZhui stepped forward, a polite yet bright smile pulling at his lips, "A-Die, Baba said you called everyone for a surprise?"

"Ah, as quick as always my radish," Wei WuXian pinched his cheek lightly, silver eyes softening furhter at the shy giggle and whine, "A-Die..."

"SiZhui is right!" Nie MingJue nodded, "I'd like to know why we've been gathered?"

"It is a good surprise, right?" Nie Huaisang fanned himself lightly.

"Yes," Lan WangJi answered, wrapping one arm around Wei WuXian, "Very good,"

"Well, don't have us guess!" Lan Qiren exclaimed.

"Is it a new invention?" Jin Ling asked, finding great pride of his Dajiu's inventions.

"Mm, no," Wei WuXian smiled.

"A new theory?" Lan Xichen asked.

"No," Lan WangJi answered.

"Ying-Ge, with you two, its impossible to guess!" Wei Ning complained.

Wei WuXian laughed and then glanced at Lan WangJi for a moment. The two exchanged a look and Lan WangJi, nodded, "As you wish,"

Wei WuXian motioned for the group to spread out as he walked to the center of the room. They exchanged confused looks, but obeyed, spreading out in a sort of circle around him. Wei WuXian closed his eyes with a smile on his face. He reached inwards, finding the warm cluster of spiritual energy that had lit in his dantian two months ago.

Back then, it had been small, but Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi had been diligent. When they had begun the process five years ago, Wei WuXian had hated it, the frustration of doing things children were doing and meditating. But Lan WangJi - and their friends and family - had been there every step of the way. They had kept encouraging him, helping him step back from his dependency of resentment, helped Wei WuXian with leveling and balancing the Burial Mounds, helped with spirits.

It was a process of patience and support, something Wei WuXian had strived for out of desire to be whole again, to have more time with those he loved. Wei Qing had mentioned dual cultivation, and indeed, it had helped. Lan WangJi was diligent in everything he did, extra in cases regarding his beloved.

The beautiful flow of spiritual energy spread through his merdians, the feeling making Wei WuXian breath easier. Out of pracitce, his eyes opened to watch as his hands began to glow a beautiful red color, a color he had not been able to produce for years. For a moment, he let them stare at it, let them understand the phenomena.

Wei Qing let out a gasp, soon followed by Nie Huaisang, Wei Ning, and Lan Xichen. Jiang Cheng and Nie MingJue both had wide eyes of realization, staring at Wei WuXian silently. Jiang Yanli blinked before calling softly in hope, "Xianxian..."

Wei WuXian let out a happy laugh and with a burst of energy, he sent his spiritual energy to every corner of the room, the strength - though not as strong as his old one - felt by everyone. Lan Qiren was the first to vocalize the thoughts, "You...your core...?"

Lan SiZhui and Jin Ling both gasped, staring at the smiling man with matching faces. They had been explained briefly, the condition Wei WuXian was in. It was a situation that had been bestowed after an attempted assassination of the Jin heir and former Wen by a few remaining snakes and followers of Jin Guangshan. Wei WuXian had been the only adult with them at the time, the man taking them both out to avoid the discussion conference they were too young to attend.

The attempt had sent Wei WuXian into protective fury, his eyes a terrible red and black wisps seeping out. Wei WuXian had looked at Jin Ling and Lan SiZhui, both of who were shocked by the attackers and sight in front of them. The older holding out his sword, but eyes darting around in slight fear, keeping firmly behind his father. With an order, they had sent off the signal, but Wei WuXian had already engaged in battle. When the sword had been sent their way, Wei WuXian had dove in front of them with a fearful yell of names, the blade cutting straight through his torso.

The assassins had frozen for a moment, before the alarm of an incoming group of Lans and Jins had been spotted. They fled and the two children had began crying their hearts out as Wei WuXian, bleeding heavily in front of them, pleaded for them to breathe. The assassin had taken out the blade with no mercy. Wei WuXian had been close to death, they had been told, when everyone assumed they weren't aware. They had been aware, they knew from the way Lan WangJi had all but screamed, when he had caught sight of his husband who has passed out before his arrival with Jin ZiXuan and Jiang Cheng. From the way Jiang Yanli's usual tender features had become cold and furious. From the way Lan WangJi had to be dragged out of the room by Lan Xichen when Wei Qing had ordered for space and shoved everyone but the doctors and Jiang Cheng out. From the way everyone reacted to their story. From the way Jin ZiXuan had stormed from the room, voice yelling in rage through the gold halls, Jiang Cheng at his side with Zidian crackling.

They would never forgot the horror when Jiang Yanli and Wei Qing had sat down and explained to them.

"Is A-Die awake?" Lan SiZhui asked frantically.

"...he won't be awake for a while, his body, his body is fragile," Wei Qing said slowly.

"Why?" Jin Ling frowned, "Dajiu is powerful,"

"Yes, he is," Jiang Yanli nodded, "But A-Xian is missing something, something that helps everyone else heal faster,"

Jin Ling was too young, but Lan SiZhui was old enough to know. He was smart, to be expected with his parents being Hanguang Jun, the Second Jade of Lan, and the YiLing Patriarch, the head disciple of the YunmengJiang Sect.

"Golden core?" he squeaked.

"He doesnt have one, he lost it. But, he's trying to make a new one," Wei Qing explained to him.

Lan SiZhui had cried into Lan WangJi's arms that night, sniffling, "I didn't know- he could- he could- is he going to be okay?"

Death was hardly a new concept to him. He had memories, nightmares, of death. People he knew were once his family. Of a jiejie he doesnt remember the name of.

"Yes, he would not leave you. Us," Lan WangJi had assured, though having the same fear.

Wei WuXian's boisterous laughter broke the flashbacks. He revealed his wrists, before boasting, "I did it! I have it back! I can use my sword!"

The rules of the GusuLan Sect were ignored, screams and tears of happiness bursted in the room. The hall was filled with joy, hugs and tears, yelling and laughing. It was beautiful. It was chaotic.

It was home.

—————

The End

This is the first MDZS fanfic I finished! It's a quick story that I've been working when i am unable to write on other things. It was never going to be published because i wasn't sure if i was ever going to commit and finish it. But I did!

Keep smiling my loves, you're beautiful just the way you are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 3.3K 16
Summary: It all started from a game, and ended in such a spectacular, but bewildering, event! Gusu, Cloud Recesses. "S-sect leader Lan...? W-what...
60.1K 2.9K 12
Summary: Lan Xichen felt like there's lacking in his life. After both his sworn brothers died, he realized. He needed a partner, someone to spend th...
68.7K 4.5K 29
With his Shijie is gone, the Wen remnant is gone, the whole cultivation world is going against him..... Wei Wuxian won't forgive anyone. Wei Wuxian...
41K 1.4K 6
(A/N: I wrote this first in Tagalog and supposed to be just a quote, but... 😂😂😂 MY most-awaited XiCheng angst fanfic! 😂😂😂) Summary: The cultiva...