Number Neighbour ยป [S.S]

By _Liamssmile

-๐—ก๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ก๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ- +๐Ÿท (๐Ÿผ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน) ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿธ-๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿป ... More

Welcome
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Part 1

2K 60 19
By _Liamssmile

Y/n y/l/n

"You should apply for the position y/n."

"This again, really?" I sigh, dramatically falling against the back of my chair before spinning around till I was met with Harrison.

"Yes, this again. Come on y/n/n, you haven't even heard me out."

"Maybe because I know it won't change anything?"

"You're kidding right?" He stares at me, completely exasperated.

I remain silent, challenging his gaze with my own. Seemingly trying to get one another to give in, but I knew Harrison, and that wasn't going to happen.

"You have two minutes."

"I only need one." I tilt my head to the side, narrowing my eyes slightly, impressed with his confidence.

"Well?"

"Y/n, you've been working here for almost 6 years-"

"So has Sydney."

"As if Sydney actually knows what's going on at all. She makes her assistant do everything and is so hard on her. Would you want a tyrant running all of us?"

"Gosh Haz, you are beyond dramatic, seriously."

"You think I'm being dramatic?"

"Whatever, you have thirty seconds."

"Okay, yeah, y/n, we both know how passionate you are about your job, you're literally the one person who loves coming to work everyday. You wouldn't need to stop designing and besides, you'd be the best manager ever."

"That all?"

"Yep." He nods proudly, "that, and you already have an assistant."

"Haz, you know I don't. I've never had an assistant."

"I'll never understand why you chose not to, but what I mean is that you have me."

"Are you saying.."

"Consider me part of the promotion."

He's now caught my attention completely.

If I did ever apply and happened to land the position, I would need to hire an associate designer.

I've always preferred doing things myself.

If you asked me, It was just the way I was after so many years of relying on myself, but then again, if you asked someone else, they'd clearly mark it down as one of my weaknesses.

I mean, I could see where they were coming from. I became closed off because after what happened, relying on anyone again the way I had, suddenly started feeling a lot more frightening and I didn't want to go through any of that again.

I'll be the first to admit that I like things done a specific way and that's why I tend to do things myself because that's the only way I know it's right.

However, if there was one person in this whole office building that I trusted to be my assistant, it would be Harrison.

He knew me like the back of his hand, knowing exactly how I organized my work, how I ran my filing system, how I scheduled meetings and what time I took lunch breaks.

For once, I wouldn't need to question absolutely everything someone else was doing for me at the same time I was worrying about my own work.

"I can practically see the gears turning in your head." His teasing snaps me straight back into the business of the office area. "So?"

"It's tempting." His eyes widen, knowing that he had gotten through to me, after weeks of trying to get me to apply. "I didn't say yes."

"Yeah, but you didn't say no either." He shrugs, the broad smile on his face contrasting the nonchalant demeanor he was trying to maintain.

"I didn't." The words escape my lips just above a whisper, speaking more to myself than to him. "I'll think about it."

"Yes, finally." I can't help but laugh as he celebrates the small achievement to himself. "This office needs someone like you running the place."

"I seriously don't see this the way you do."

"I know you don't, but what I do know is that you trust my judgement almost as much as you trust your own."

"Key word, almost."

"Yeah yeah, you're considering it because you trust me enough to be honest."

"That I do Haz."

"Exactly, and I'm being honest when I say that you'll be perfect for the Job, yeah?"

"Okay, go back to your desk, I'll think about it. I've got work to do."

"That's all I ask." He smiles proudly as he swivels around on his heel and makes his way out the room.

Swinging myself back round, I prop my elbows up onto the surface of the desk before resting my head in my hands.

Was I actually thinking about going for this position?

Of course I love my job, but I'm not sure how keen I am just to change everything after finally re-finding some stability in my life.

The sound of my phone buzzing caught my attention, pulling my eyes down to the screen as I read over the TikTok notification.

New Trend: Who's your number neighbor?

Number Neighbour?

Deciding it was best to distract my mind for a few minutes, I decided to click on the notification, scrolling through the tons of videos of all these people messaging their number neighbours.

Curiosity got the best of me and I found myself staring down at a new contact, slowly typing in my own cellphone number and changing it up right at the end.

After a few seconds, the number had saved and I sat there contemplating whether or not I should send a message or just drop my phone and get back to all my work.

< 35 unread

| | 13:02 pm | |

𝘈𝘴𝘩?

𝐇𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 :)

𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞
𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤,
𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?

𝘏𝘢𝘩𝘢, 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘺

  𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘪𝘧.     𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳
𝘕𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘬𝘵𝘰𝘬?

𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞;
𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤

𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦

𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞

:/

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰
𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞.
𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭.

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘴𝘰?

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭
𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐲/𝐧/𝐧?

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘳
𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯...

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴?

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭?

𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘐 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦
𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ;)

𝘉𝘺𝘦 𝘈𝘴𝘩 :/

𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧 ;)

I laugh softly, tapping my fingers on the desk while my mind wonders.

She's right, what's the absolute worst that can happen.

I find the contact I had just saved and start a new conversation.

Maybe this will be good? I can just be me, without having to worry about anything else.

< 37unread

| | 13:15 pm | |

𝘏𝘦𝘺 :)

...

‎⍟ ‎⍟ ‎⍟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 151 27
๐Ž๐…๐…๐’๐‚๐‘๐„๐„๐ โ†’ Richard Madden โ ๐˜ž๐˜ฆ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด, ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต? โž โ†ณ [๐˜™๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ.๐˜ฐ๐˜ค] ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ข ...
3.2K 119 19
You are y/n y/m/n y/l/n and your in a world where people have lines across there bodys representing your soulmates! Unlike most people you have 15 l...
3.2K 175 49
these are my blogs from my tumblr account and these are only jokes/conversations that i've heard on random stuff and turned them into y/n x nat and o...
170K 4.3K 18
โ๐‚๐š๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ญ๐ก? ๐€๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ก๐จ๐ฅโž ...