+TYPED OUT-

Galing kay AmariOkito

Monday Layeni is a rising new adult romance author. She believes in love in capital letters, and she has an i... Higit pa

TYPING
WRITERS [cast, skip if you wish]
+DAY 1-
+GURU-
+THE TALK-
+JUST A GIRL-
+TUNA SANDWICH-
+RED BEARD-
+BUBBLING-
+DAY 2-
+LOVE MOLECULE-
+HAPPY-
+ALONE-
+CASUAL CONVERSATION-
+WHY NOT-
+CAUTION-
+ONE SHOT NIGHT-
+DAY 3-
BETWEEN HIS LINES
+HOME-
+WISHES-
+PRIDE NO PREJUDICE-
CALLER UNKNOWN
+SACRÉ COEUR-
+MAISON SOUQUET-
+NOT AGAIN-
+FICTION PERFECT-
+MEANINGFUL MEANINGLESS-
+HOPELESS-
+DOCTOR-
+WAITING/BAITING-
+THREE WEEKS LATER-
+LONGING?-
+BOWS X ARROWS-
+HEART THROB+
+ZWEITER TAG-
+MAYBE MORE-
+CLOSER-
+DRITTEN TAG-
POP SMOKE
+NONSENSE-
+GRETA-
ENJOY
+NEW DIRECTION-
COLD FEET
+CHAPTERS OF HER-
THE MIDDLE PART
+ALL IS FAIR-
DEDICATION
++EYES SPY-
+REPARATION-
++GARAGE KEYS-
++TO THE LEFT-
+CALL ME DADDY-
++TRUE STORY-
++ENTOURAGE-
++SPOILER-
++THE LINES-
++FICTION FAIL-
++SINCERELY YOURS-
NO ORDINARY LOVE
COFFEE AND TELL
SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT
BACK AND FORTH
A5
LOVE YOU IN THE MIDDLE PART
SOLID GROUND
NEW BOOK

A MINUTE OR TWO

136 24 0
Galing kay AmariOkito

The group arrived just in time for Kenneth's final piece on how to stay happy.

"But Kenneth, how about if it's my spouse that makes me happy? Well, that's supposed to be simple, but most of us fail the assignment, which consists in taking care of that person. Saying I love you means nothing if actions don't accompany your words," the man stopped, his gaze focused on the citrus lime dress. He smiled, and his stare remained on his flamboyant focus point as he resumed his speech.

"You must take care of that person and do your best to make them happy. They'll do the same," Kenneth crossed his fingers and added, "I hope." the auditorium laughed, and he pursued, "their happiness should make you feel like the luckiest person on earth."

The man looked straight down the center aisle where Monday stood. His heart speeded up a notch. Kenneth didn't know if he could do what he said, but as he stood there, Kenneth set himself the goal of giving it his all. It was the only way to know how far he could go.

Beside the stage, Meredith fumed.

"You need to calm down, Meredith," Rob said when the sound of the woman's grinding teeth fanned his ear.

Meredith rolled her eyes and stormed off. Rob wondered if he should warn her about the anger issues she developed with her excessive reactions.

Kenneth continued to talk, only to see Monday leaving with the man called Ben.

"Dagmar, I'll sign off the DHL, and we'll install the books," Monday said.

"I'll come with you."

"No, Dagmar, you wanted to hear him," Monday added before glancing towards the stage one last time. Kenneth continued as if nothing had happened, and the woman figured he didn't notice her.

She and Ben hurried to one of the delivery entrances to collect the boxes from DHL. The security guards lent them a trolley to bring the books to the booth.

"What did you think of Kenneths' declaration?" Ben asked as he pushed the trolley, and Monday walked alongside him.

The woman's brows caved in for a frown, "what do you mean?"

"It's clear he dedicated a part of his response to you. Didn't you see how he looked down the aisle?"

"Ben, that's your romantic imagination speaking because you know about Kenneth and me."

"No, I swear, Monday. By the way, what exactly is going on between you two?"

They arrived at the booth and began to unpack and open the boxes.

"Do you want the novel blurb or the Live?" Monday asked.

"Both."

Monday sighed, clapped her hands, and raised her stare to the ceiling, "alright, I don't know where I'm heading. I'm lost. He stirs my emotions. My heart skips twenty-two beats when I see him."

"Okay, the Live."

She lowered her voice, "he's not my type of guy. I'm visibly not his, but we connect. So for the moment, we're something we haven't titled yet."

"Okay, sounds good. I think you match pretty well. Opposites attract," Ben said.

"I'd say opposites collide, but If you say so."

Dagmar joined them shortly after, "guys, you missed something. That guy is like a protein shake; he has one growing muscle."

"You like Kenneths' talks?" Monday inquired.

"I admit I was doubtful, but he leaves an open window for reflection."

"Good, Kenneth likes your books as well," Monday added.

"Really? How do you know."

"Eh, he told me. He'd be happy to have a signed copy."

"No, you've got to be kidding," Dagmar exclaimed.

Monday shook her head, pursed her lips, and puffed her cheeks as she did it.

"Well, it's a real surprise. Wow, Kenneth Mosely knows and reads my books."

They continued to finish the installation and were about to resume their activities when THE surprise arrived.

"Monday."

"Kenneth, what are you doing here?" Monday said while looking around her.

The man lifted his wrist to look at his watch, "I have exactly eight minutes of free time. I lost two, making my way here. I wanted to see you."

"Kenneth, I'mㅡ."

"Guys, do you mind if I borrow Monday for a few minutes?"

Ben and Dagmar shook their heads in unison.

"Thanks; I'm a great fan of yours, by the way. Monday said perhaps I could have a signed copy."

Dagmar gulped, "sure," the woman hurried to scribble something and gave Kenneth the book.

"Thank you so much," he turned, grabbed Monday by the hand, and they left. Awkward and shy, Monday lowered her head as they slalomed through the crowd. The aisles were too full for people to notice them.

"Kenneth, where are you taking me?"

The man didn't reply but stopped in front of a door where a security guard stood. He showed a pass and entered. Monday found herself in what resembled a lounge.

"No, there's a lounge here," the woman exclaimed once the surprise effect passed.

"Yes, there's one at the BookInc as well. People use it for naps," Kenneth said and went to sit on the sofa.

"Wow, we're really not in the same realm," Monday said while her eyes scanned the room.

The man frowned, "why do you say that?"

"I can't access a VIP lounge."

Kenneth smiled and patted the spot next to him, "come and sit with me." Monday joined him on the sofa, and the man instinctively pulled her close in a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Kenneth."

"I just wanted to spend a few minutes with you."

"Your assistant must be going berserk."

"Who? You mean, Meredith. She went to get me some food the salad they got me had peanuts."

"I see."

The man let go and turned to the side to face her, "thank you for attending to my talk."

"I didn't think you saw me."

Kenneth touched her knee and slid his hand on the silk fabric, "I only saw you. This dressㅡ, you look fantastic. Why did you leave?"

"Ben and I had to fetch a batch of Dagmars' books. They got delivered during your talk."

"I see," Kenneth posed his elbow on the sofa back and rested his head, "I wondered if you'd sleep in my suite tonight?"

"Kenneth, please. I don't wantㅡ."

"I don't like your hotel," the man interrupted, "the place does not reassure me. My suite is huge. Even the sofa is comfy, and I can sleep on it if you prefer."

The man saw the shift in the woman's expression.

"What's wrong?"

Monday wondered if Kenneth was conscious of how people talked about him. Or if he was aware of the rumors at BookInc.

"Monday?"

"Are you sure you want me there?"

"I wouldn't invite you if I wasn't."

Monday took a second to reflect before saying, "okay, I'll check out."

"Cool," the man leaned to drop a kiss on her lips. He wished it to be a small peck but got carried away. He had to anchor his rationality to stop, "I better get going."

Kenneth got up the moment the lounge door burst open.

"Kenneth," Meredith exclaimed while she huffed and puffed air through her nostrils like a raging bull.

"Ah, Meredith, you're just in time. Where's the interview?" The man said with his on-the-stage enthusiasm.

The woman looked behind him. Monday stood up and joined Kenneth's side, "hi."

Monday had no reason to show any animosity.

Meredith eyed her up and down. Mondays' neutral attitude made her want to puke, "hi," she redirected her gaze to Kenneth, "We better get going. You haven't even eaten. I can ask them to wait a few minutes."

"I'm good," Kenneth grasped Mondays' fingers and leaned over to whisper, "watch your phone." He then kissed her on the cheek before returning his focus on Meredith, "let's go."

Meredith let Kenneth pass in front and closed the step behind him, preventing Monday from approaching.

Monday ignored her and followed. Kenneth had walked a few meters when he turned to look back at her. She smiled; the man hurried to his interview, and Monday returned to her booth.

"So you and Kenneth, huh?" Dagmar asked once she returned. Ben made hand signs behind Dagmars' back to say he didn't reveal anything.

"Oh, Ben didn't say anything. I write thrillers, guys, and you two are pretty obvious. He's quite a catch if you like the power man type you have to share with everyone."

A nervous smile sketched on Mondays' face. Her last relationship was almost three years old. People would say it's like riding a bike; one never forgets. Still, Monday couldn't help blushing like a teen, "what do you mean by sharing?"

"It's like being with a politician or a king. He'll have to share his time and energy. I know I need to be a central piece, always."

"Ah,ㅡ."

Monday didn't know what to reply. Ben gave her an apologetic stare.

The thriller novelist's blitz tongue struck again.

Dagmar was the typical person from the North with that straight-to-the-point persona. There was no spiteful intent behind her words. One either liked or detested, it wasn't rare to see the author arguing with writers at their office for her devasting opinion on their manuscript. Though her statement about Kenneth wasn't wrong, it wasn't right, or at least Monday hoped it wasn't.

Thanks to Meredith, Monday didn't see Kenneth for the rest of the day, so Dagmars' words lingered and replayed like a curse.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

610K 21.3K 51
For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titles. And to top it all off, they even agr...
581K 19.5K 27
Why were all the so-called normal guys, a**holes? Why couldn't she find a decent guy. Was something wrong with her? She knew her days of youthfulness...
2M 57.2K 101
When Valerie Adams gets to know that she is betrothed to the youngest billionaire in New York, just to save her father's dying company, it is two nig...
2.7M 109K 62
Sidharth Karthikeya Roy, a dangerous and powerful businessman who is a ruthless CEO of Roy group. He got entangled in an arranged marriage with Megha...