𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐔𝐬

By ellababyx

FAKE DATING "We are more than friends but less than lovers." - "Oh go to hell, I was trying to have an epipha... More

Introduction
Character Collages
Playlist :)
Dedication to my babies <3
Chapter 1 - Elizabeth
Chapter 2 - b u t t e r f l i e s
Chapter 3 - red
Chapter 4 - Champagne Problems
Chapter 5 - Sweetheart
Chapter 6 - Anna
Chapter 7 - Pull Over
Chapter 8 - stupid smiles
Chapter 9 - Euphoric
Chapter 10 - strawberry
Chapter 11 - fake
Chapter 12 - Karen
Chapter 13 - Hold my waist Maxwell
Chapter 14 - I hate you
Chapter 15 - Taylor Swift
Chapter 16 - Jump
Chapter 17 - Strip Club
Chapter 18 - One bed
Chapter 19 - Room 15
Chapter 20 - Rule five
Chapter 21 - Theo
Chapter 22 - Kitchen
Chapter 23 - Paper Rings
Chapter 24 - worthless
Chapter 25 - jacuzzi
Chapter 26 - one
Chapter 27 - Lucky Number
Chapter 28 - Happy Fucking Birthday
Chapter 30 - I love you, you stupid idiot
Chapter 31 - i lost faith
Chapter 32 - refrigerator light
Chapter 33 - bye bye oli
Chapter 34 - epiphany
Chapter 35 - Bleo
Chapter 36 - red... and blue?
Chapter 37 - three.
Chapter 38 - cory?
Epilogue... Platinum Rings
Bonus Chapter - May

Chapter 29 - two

46K 1.5K 3.9K
By ellababyx

(PLEASE VOTE)
Leo's Pov :(

"I mean seriously Leo? We can't have this on the bloody newspaper!" He waves it in my face, jabbing at the picture.

A picture, on any regular day I would love, but today. It only hurt.

"I never said this was allowed. I don't care wether you're my son or not, I don't want you in the spotlight. This could be damaging for my business." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, I know Belle would have by now. I mean what he was saying is ridiculous, a picture of me in the newspaper can't be damaging for his fake little image.

But I'm not Belle. So I sat there, listening to my father give out to me as if I was seventeen again. "You can't tell anyone anything. You're cut off until further notice. If more people see this shit then you will only get more popular." I nodded and stood up.

He turned around with a stupid scowl on his face and walked back into the kitchen.

"Are we done? I have something to attend..." I promised her. Belle deserves a great birthday and though she might not admit it. It wouldn't be a great birthday without me by her side.

Squeezing her waist when she can't think straight or kissing her when Beth points a camera at us. She's definitely wearing a red dress as well, again it would be for me. Yet she would claim she just likes the color. I smiled as I thought about it, making my way to the door.

Before I got reminded just why I cant do that. "Don't Leo. You're making a mistake with her. I'm not finished with you. You have five minutes to call her, then we are discussing your future payments."

He finally leaves me alone in the living room and I sit down in the living room. Belle needs me there.

I promised her.

I pull out my phone and dial the number, letting it ring. Only three seconds go by before she answers.

"Hello?" As soon as I hear her voice I can tell she's been crying, wether it's from me or something else. I want to be there. I want to tell her it'll be okay and wipe under her stupid pretty eyes.

"Hey." I say it quietly so my dad can't hear me.

"Hi."

"Why'd you call?" She questions and I sigh.

"I wanted to hear your voice." It wasn't a lie. I loved her voice. I remember once in high school she sang that awful song from Oklahoma for our school play.

I was a piece of wheat in a field. Slightly embarrassing, but it's not like she knew who I was.

All the difference in our lives that led us here. There was those other times we sang in the car to that paper rings song she loves so much.

"What are we doing?" I ask it as more of a rhetorical question and answer before she can. "Whatever it is... it's really, really tiring and-"

"-And sometimes, holding on hurts more then letting go..." I exhale slowly and look behind me, scared that my dad is listening in.

Holding on hurts more than letting go. Fuck.

"I promised myself... I promised that I would never break rule 5." The way my heart accelerates is slightly alarming but I keep my composure.

I smile and shake my head. My tongue poked against my cheek.

"And I said I hated you. We all say things that aren't true Belle. But you can say it. It's three simple words. Just say it. Please." I didn't care that I was pleading. I needed to hear her say it and everything we have said in the past is forgotten. Because it would mean she does love me.

"I cant do it Leo. Don't make me do it. Because I don't mean it anymore. I wish I did, but I don't. You missed my birthday... I cant say something that isn't true, i've learned my lesson."

ouch

She waits another three seconds before continuing. "It was the moment I figured out you skipped that football game for me to go to Lily's housewarming." So she can't say it. And I can't say it. Both to stubborn apparently.

My breath hitches slightly and I rub my thumb down my jaw. "Since high school Belle." Before I can elaborate my dad walks in behind me.""Look at the local newspaper." I whisper before shutting off my phone.

~~~~~~~~~

October 31th - One month & 9 days later

"It's not like you have to do it. You guys have barely talked since." Oli handed me more beers as I lined them up on the counters.

"Yeah but... I cant just go back to normal with her. It'd be weird as shit." He shrugs and takes a swig of beer.

"Look at me and Bethy. We are totally normal." I try not to laugh when David walks in.

"HA. That's a lie. You guys barely talk." Oli genuinely looks offended, but he isn't wrong. They have talked twice, maybe. That's only because of Belle being the link between them.

"But wearing a couples costume because we are still technically 'fake dating.' I mean it just seems weird." They agree when the bell rings.

"I'll get it. You guys keep setting up. This place is gonna be packed tonight." I pointed between them and they set up some snacks for the party later.

I slowly opened the door, I mean who on earth would be this early?

Beth. Beth can't help being a mother figure, including getting everywhere early. Being accompanied by her slightly taller friend.

Belle.

"Hey... guys..." Beth awkwardly hugged me and invited herself in. I avoided eye contact with Belle as she sidestepped me into the house.

"David said we could come over here earlier, y'know to help set up and everything. And of course Julia wanted some company instead of just you guys." I nodded and it went silent for a moment. But only a couple seconds later Julia bounded up behind us in her superwoman costume.

Hugging Belle and Beth before they even realized what was happening. "You came!"

Ha. "That's what she said." I muttered it so quietly until finally looking at Belle. Who also said it oh so quietly. She smiled but it dropped after I looked at her. Fuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come in!" She turned around when she saw I didn't have a shirt on, covering her eyes as if she hasn't seen my abs a million times already.

"Nothing you haven't seen before..." She raised an eyebrow and then waved vaguely around her own outfit. It was just plain black leggings and a jumper. My jumper. But it was her jumper now.

Sad thing about the entire outfit, not even a hint of red.

silence.

Thank god she didn't like the silence as she broke it three seconds later. "Sorry. I uhm... was just checking if you still had that costume for me." I reached into my drawer and passed her the black outfit.

"So what is it...?" She slowly pulled off the tags and unraveled it.

"Oh Leo, you did not." I nodded and lifted up my own. "I told you we should be Mr and Mrs smith. I was not kidding." She sighs and does a little spin motion with her finger.

"Turn around." Oh she's being dead serious.

"Sweetheart, Ive already seen ever inch of you. Scrap that. I've tasted every inch of you. Literally." She rolls her eyes and goes to the other end of the room. Beside the desk... Where we-

"Oh god." She goes to the other corner after realizing what she was leaning against. I wanna laugh, but I don't. Just so she doesn't get embarrassed. The things I do for my girl.

But I do turn around. Because I'm not an ass. I change out of my jeans and t-shirt. "Leo."

"Mhm..." I turn around and I'd like to think it was the worst decision of my life. Skin, red lace and she's tanned and gorgeous and I want to take her right here.

"Will you pass me the underwear that came with it?" I root around in the bag with our costumes and turn back around.

"It didn't come with any. Just wear the uhm..." I cough before continuing. "Red... lacy... see through type ones you have on." I clear my throat again and she turns around. Fuck.

"They won't work with the slit. Oh well." Hell no.

"Oh... well...? As in you won't be wearing any...?" She laughs and shoves the dress on over her head.

"As in I... wont... be... wearing... anyy..." I watch her slowly take off the little red material she wore and put it in her bag.

"You think you're funny?" She turns around and smiles. "Hilarious." I sarcastically smile and then drop my face.

"You're not my boyfriend, Maxwell. I can wear whatever I please. Or in this case... not wear." She keeps smiling all sweet an innocent.

"You're kind of a bitch." I reply while she sits on the bed, black dress and one of those lacy things you wear around your thigh, a little fake gun secured at the edge.

"Only to people I hate." She fires back and I shove on the rest of the costume and look at her. Scanning her outfit for the signature red piece.

"What?" She questions and I point to the dress. "There's no red..."

She grins and lifts up her heel. Revealing a red bottomed black shoe. "Good. Cant have other guys hitting on you if I'm not imprinted on your outfit somewhere." She glares at me and looks at her dress.

"I simply like the color red. I definitely don't wear it for you..."

I whisper in her ear "Lies." And she shivers.

I hear people arriving downstairs and she stands up. "Okay girlfriend, time to play house." She rolls her eyes and links her arm through mine. "I'm only doing this because we made a deal. Not because I like you in any way. In fact. I hate you." Fair enough.

"If it helps. I hate you more, sweetheart." She swallows and then shoves open my bedroom door. Dragging me out behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought you two were broken up?" Belle shoots me a side glance and then back to the girl. "Just a rough patch. We were still together though."

"Oh really...?"

"Yeah..." Belle nods and the two girls look at each other for a long minute.

Belle takes a step back and then blinks a couple times. "Excuse me... I need another drink." She stalks off and I mouth an apology to the random girl. I was at a party where me and Oli were trying to branch out. Y'know get back out there.

I said hi to a random red head at a party  and then went home. I mean she's gorgeous, obviously. But she isn't Belle. Not by a long shot. Oli left twenty minutes into the party since he saw a blonde girl that looked a teeny tiny bit like Beth.

He won't talk about how they broke up other then the slight mentions of his scholarship after Christmas. I do know that the break up hit him pretty hard. He's barely looked at a girl since.

I try to follow Belle but she's already in the living room dancing with Julia. Which I don't have the energy for.

I slip back upstairs and in to my room. Getting Karen out from under my desk. She purrs when I plop her onto my lap.

"Life is so easy for you Karen, huh?" She continues licking her little paws. "Lick, eat, sleep repeat. A dream life." I put her back on my bed and pet her white fur one more time before going back downstairs.

I just realized how wrong that sounds. Lick... eat...? sleep? Oh. Ohhhh. Oops.

I bump into Julia and she points towards the living room. "YOU MIIGHT WANNA GO TALK TO HER." She takes a sip of something and I take it away from her.

"WHY?" She sighs and points again. "JUST GO DO IT. CAN I STAY IN DAVIDS BED?" I nod and shout back over the music. "FIRST ONE ON THE LEFT. HE CAN SLEEP ON THE COUCH."

She squeezes my arm and then makes her way upstairs. Oh wait, cant forget. "THERES A KEY BESIDE HIS NIGHTSTAND FOR THE DOOR. JUST INCASE." She smiles gratefully.

Okay now I need to check on Belle. I grab a drink from the kitchen and push through the crowds in the living room until stopping directly in the middle. Belle, talking to another guy. Of course she is.

Damn it. She's mad at me.

I compose myself and sit down right beside her, putting my hand around her waist. "Ehm man? What the hell Im clearly talking to Belle here." He throws arms in the air and gestures towards Belle with his eyes. I almost wanna laugh it's so pathetic. He thinks that she's gonna sleep with him.

"Is this over yet?" I question and the guys face grows angrier. "Man. Go away I'm busy with her."

He gives a look to Belle and drags me away. She only sits there, perched on the armchair slightly amused. "Cant you go hit on someone else. This is my girl for the night."

I turn to Belle and she waggles her fingers, sipping her champagne with those lips. Oh god I haven't kissed them in ages. Way... too... long.

"Oh that was your girl? I thought I recognized her from somewhere?" He shakes his head and pats me on the arm. "Nope, wrong girl buddy." He walks back over to Belle and she smiles sweetly. "Don't mind him."

She slowly drags her hand up his arm and he looks into her pretty ass eyes. Yeah, no.

I walk over and grab her up by the waist, heaving her wriggling body over my shoulder. "LEO. PUT. ME. DOWN." I ignore her pleas and put a hand over her ass so she doesn't flash anyone unworthy of it.

Especially when I turn the corner and her brother gives us the most judging stare I have ever had the pleasure of receiving.

"Oh I will so murder you. I'll make Karen watch too. No fucking mercy!" I continue to ignore her as I walk through the house until we reach the closet upstairs. I put her down and nudge her in, closing the door behind us when she flicks on the light.

Thankfully it was a spacious closet so there was no awkward closeness in here. "You are not allowed do that. Not talk to me for months and then get all jealous. It's not how it works."

I shrug and lean against the storage unit. "Works for me sweetheart." She groans.

It's silent for a couple moments of eye contact until she ends it. "Do you think we were like a... 'right person wrong time' type of situation." So we were going straight into this then...

"No. Because the right person would stay even at the wrong time." She nods slowly, in taking all my words.

"I hate you." She whispers it quietly, but I heard her.

"I know." She stands up and walks over to me. "Like... Ive never hated someone so damn much. I wish.. I never met you and I wish you never walked into the cafe that day."

"I know."

"You can't keep doing that!" Oh so we're back to this now.

"You're my date to this party Belle!" I sigh and she gets angrier.

"And it's not fair that you get to decide who I can and can't talk to! It's not fucking fair Leo!"

"Fuck. You." She was letting it out now and Id take it.

I'd take all her hate for eternity, even if it meant she'd only be happy for a second.

"Fuck you and your stupid truck, your stupid green eyes and your stupid smile." ouch.

~~~~~~~~~~

Belles Pov

"I hate you for coming into my life." I didn't mean to take this all out on him. He didn't deserve it. But I don't care.

"Y'know what. Fuck you too Belle. You're just as shitty as me!" He shakes his head before looking at me.

"Belle...Sometimes you're so damn exhausting it physically hurts me."

ouch

"Wait Belle I-" He tries to grab my arm but when I flinch, he takes a step back. "Maxwell." He shivers slightly at time saying his last name.

"Respectfully fuck you. Oh wait. I already did. And it wasn't in any way memorable." I push past him and walk down the stairs. Wiping the tears from under my eyes.

exhausting? worthless? what's the difference.

"Bells. Belle what's wrong?" I'm stopped when Beth grabs me before I can leave the house.

"Just let me go please." She let's go of my arm and I hear her follow me out to the car. I sit in on the passenger side and she slides in beside me.

I don't even have to say a word when she links her hand through mine. Thankfully as Beth is about to set the key in the ignition the back door opens and Julia climbs in.

"Hey sorry. I was napping in David's room and saw you two run out. So uhm..." It goes silent, letting what everyone already knows sit in the air. And finally, David and Oli slide into the back. It stays silent. Neither of them speak.

Exhausting. You are exhausting. I physically hurt him with how exhausting I am.

"Pizza?" Beth suggests into the quietness and everyone agrees.

Our eyes somehow always met over crowded rooms, yet our hearts never did. And never will.

"And alcohol." They nod and we drive off, leaving Leo's house.

Authors Note - PLEASE VOTE PLEASE

opinions - oops. But what is bells lucky number and what ch is next. Remember that.

notice that he doesn't call her Robinson anymore and she doesn't call him Maxwell 😭 (or rarely anyways)

the way the reads are slowly going down is slightly depressing but anywaysss

Lots of Love Babies, ella <3

WORDS - 3030
DATE - 06/02/22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 9K 34
"I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you right now,"he whispered in my ear as he breathed down my neck leaving small kisses here and there. ...
372K 12.3K 39
"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ 𝑰'π’Ž π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’”π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏, 𝑰...
Seasons By sunah

Teen Fiction

15.2K 261 49
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...
1M 16.8K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...