Dark Love (Complete)

By Penglowy

DARK ROMANCE - After playing a reckless game, a spoiled and gullible girl did not expect to find herself in a... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25

23

4.4K 74 0
By Penglowy

“Hey, pumpkin.”

Inara turned to find Alex coming up behind her where she was standing out on the terrace of the church building trying for the second time to see if Zee had shown up for the wedding rehearsal. It was 8:00 am and Zee was not there yet.

Inara noticed that Alex had lost some pounds. His weight loss efforts were paying off. He was looking good.

“Wow, you are slimming down.”

“I told you. Anyway, congratulations again. You got married fast.”

“Yeah, I did.”

“And I’ve seen the guy. He’s really hot. Isn’t he the owner of Men’s Aura? Where did you find him?”

Inara shrugged but said nothing.

“You never tell me anything. I’m happy for you anyway.”

“Thanks Alex.”

“You’re welcome. What about Amara?”

“She’s with someone else, I’m sorry.”

“What?”

“You should have told her yourself.”

Alex was immobile for a moment, disappointed.

“She did like you though.”

His face lit up. “Really?”

“She said so. But she was just waiting for you to say something.”

Alex sighed. “Story of my life. Well, that’s some big lesson for me.”

Inara felt bad for him and was moved to hug him, so she did, offering him some comfort. As they hugged, Lemuel emerged through the entrance beside them, phone in his ear as he was trying to make a call. Inara and Alex disengaged upon seeing him and Lemuel ended the call.

“I don’t believe I’ve met you.” He said to Alex.

“I’m Alex. I’m in the choir with her.” Alex explained.

“I see. Okay.” Lemuel said and resumed dialing a line on his phone.

Alex turned to go back inside and Inara followed closely behind him but was stopped by Lemuel’s free hand which had reached out and encircled her by the waist, halting her and pulling her back closely beside him.

He was wearing a navy blue ankle sleeve sweat vest over a sleeveless light blue buttoned up shirt that he left flying out over dark grey fitted jeans and classic black sneaker boots. Inara was wearing a black tee-shirt and black hose under a knee length, jean pencil skirt. Her feet were encased in dark brown, low wedge sandals.

Held captive, she stood beside him as he left instructions to his secretary.

“Yeah, have the meeting rescheduled. I know they are investors. But I also know I’ll be on my honeymoon by then. Have them know I’ll reach them though. Good. Thank you.”

He ended the call and focused on Inara’s face.

“In less than five words, who was that boy?”

“My Choir friend.”

“And you were hugging because?”

“He’s going through a relationship problem.”

He placed his palm gently on her stomach.

“This matter is waiting to be addressed. Imagine my surprise if we later discover he’s responsible for this. There will be hell.”

He placed a kiss on her forehead and headed back inside the church, leaving Inara uneasy and contemplating the strangeness of her situation.

***

“Congratulations once again Reverend.” The assistant Reverend said to Inara’s father inside the church. “I am honored that I will be joining your daughter to her husband in holy matrimony.”

“Thank you my friend.”

“Yes, you need not worry. You’ve been doing this for years but tomorrow, it’s your turn to walk your own child down the aisle.”

“She grew up fast.”

“And praise be to God Almighty.”

“Halleluiah.”

The sonorous melody of the church organ filled the room as the wedding rehearsal was about to commence, with the Keyboardist controlling the keys.

Alex and the other choir members were reading music notes from their sheets.

Lemuel had introduced his Bestman and Groomsmen to Inara who had also introduced her Bridal Train to him and his friends. They were girls from her choir.

Currently, Lemuel was talking with his friends while little Wisdom was running around with the little bride, a cute red haired girl who was the daughter of Inara’s mum’s colleague. Amara was talking with Tirzah and everyone was looking casual and ready except for Zee.

“Where is your friend?” her dad asked.

“She’s going to be here soon.” Inara said hopefully.

“She is fifteen minutes late.” Her father said impatiently.

“Please give me a second, let me check outside.” Inara said and made her way out to the terrace of the church again. She tried calling Zee and met her voice mail prompt which had changed;

Elizabeth but Zee for short. I’m Zee the queen who don’t give a shit. Good news only.

At this point, the message wasn’t funny to Inara and she just hoped Zee would show up. Inara turned as she saw Lemuel come out to meet her.

“Where is your Maid of Honor?” he asked.

“She’s running late.”

Just then, Inara sighted Zee’s pick-up truck approach with mad speed towards the church premises and was relieved. Zee cruised into the church parking lot, her tires screeching aloud as she brought the truck to a lousy halt.

“She’s here.”

“You have one hell of a friend.” he said before going back inside the church.

Zee hastily alighted from the truck. Instead of her usual short skirts or crazy jeans, she was wearing a decent short sleeve flowery dress that flowed to her feet and her hair was held back in a neat ponytail. Inara had never been so happy to see her.

“I’m so sorry.” Zee apologized. “I was high last night and lost track of time.”

“Just don’t be high tomorrow.”

“God forbid.”

“Let’s get inside please.”

Zee followed Inara inside the Church. The moment Reverend Anthony recognized the gothic looking girl who he had caught hanging with Inara some years back, he was disappointed.

“Hi, Reverend sir,” Zee greeted politely, smiling. “You are looking great.”

“Thank you.” Inara’s dad said reluctantly. “A word Inara.”

Inara followed her father to the nearest corridor, already aware he was going to complain about Zee.

“You never told me she was your Maid of Honor. Why didn’t you pick one of the choir girls?” he demanded.

“Daddy, Zee is not perfect but she has always been there for me.”

“That girl looks like the daughter of Jezebel or Delilah.”

“You’re overreacting, dad. She looks decent now doesn’t she?”

“You really should have mentioned this to me. Anyway, let’s proceed.”

They dispersed and Inara met back with Zee who shrugged.

“Don’t worry, I’m used to people not liking me...Oh hi Mrs. Anthony, I love your blouse.”

Inara’s mum made a funny face at her and continued talking with Amara who had thrown Zee a wave.

Zee laughed.

“You have no shame.” Inara said to Zee.

“Shame is for the bloody weak.”

“Stop swearing. We’re in church.”

“Sorry Lord.” Zee said, her hand covering her mouth.

“Draw near, people, draw near.” the Assistant Reverend said loudly, getting everyone’s attention and from then on, began showing them who was to stand where, and what not.

It was simple. Lemuel would be sitting with his buddies at the front row by the left. Then he and his buddies would be called to the altar, then the solemn organ music with background choir vocals will usher in Inara in her father’s arm with her train behind her. Afterwards, the ceremony would start.

As they performed the wedding rehearsal and Inara looked at Lemuel standing confident, burning her with his gaze as he waited for her in her father's arm, the reality of the consequence of playing the last dare dawned on her. You'll no longer have your parent's close protection, she thought as the memory of him punishing her the previous day came to mind, making her realize that indeed, she was in big trouble.

Lemuel admitted to himself that it did fill him with pride as he experienced the prelude of Nara being brought to him. This was the girl who had defamed his character. And she was one night away from becoming his. Then the games would truly begin. Continual punishment and relief for defamation of character. Leo Tolstoy was right: The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 1.8K 30
DARK ROMANCE - A dark game forces Zee, a reckless young woman into contacting the guy who took her virginity and begging him to marry her, but she ne...
174K 4.1K 57
Married to My Master/ Hide & Seek Spin-Off Warning: This story is explicit with graphic sex scenes, foul language, sexual assault, dark romance, chok...
68.5K 1.7K 18
"Good girl, now, call me Daddy!" He whispers, his voice sexy as fuck. "Daddy!" I voiced out, but it came out as a whispering threat. "Louder!" He co...
348K 7.9K 74
WARNING: ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ High and descriptive sexual content, strong language, and substance use. Recommended for 18+ readers. Read at your discretion. "I...