·My Gladiolus· [Afterdeath] (...

By CoffeeYUMM

Geno owned a big ranch which had been passed onto him by his long gone brother. He'd frequently have dreams o... More

《1》Encounter
《2》A Bet
《3》Threats
《4》Befriending
Suggestions (OPEN)
《6》Picnic Joke
《7》Errands
《8》Apple Pie
《9》What's your limit?
《10》Reaper

《5》Acting Weird

146 15 15
By CoffeeYUMM

-Next Day 3 A.M-

(Geno's POV)

I'm having trouble falling sleep today.

Reading doesn't help, pretending to sleep doesnt help, and neither does crying.

Thinking makes me feel more sleepy, so I'm trying to do that right now.. However, it hurts to think of bad stuff, but I can't help it..

It has been years since it happened, but I can't get over it.

I feel pathetic..

And saying that makes me feel worse, but what else can I do?

They disapeared, and I don't really remember how it happened..

But I won't stop being determined, they will return back home to me....

-

"He's dead, Geno.."

"LIAR! YOU LEFT _____ BEHIND- HE MUST BE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE-"

"If that were the case, I would have found him! All I saw was dust, Geno... I'm sorry."

"He's not dead."

"Geno... Believe me, I wish it weren't true. But you can't escape reality.. He isn't coming back."

"SHUT UP! H-HE'LL COME BACK.."

Geno's gaze softened, but returned to an angered glare.

"And I'll be waiting here for him."

The other's expression turned into one of worry.

"You can't be serious! You can't manage that much land on your own Geno! How are you supposed to maintain yourself?!"

"I'll be fine on my own. Once he comes back, I won't need your help or anyone else's. This is where I'll wait. And if you're gonna leave, then go ahead."

The other looked conflicted, but their choice had already been made.

"...I guess this is farewell, then."

"No. It's goodbye."

"What?.."

"It's best if we forget and get over this mess, I can't handle it. I want nothing to do with you or.. any of this anymore."

The other was about to try convincing Geno, but instead sighed in a heartbroken tone.

"...As you wish... But first,"

Geno was handed a red scarf covered in dust; leaving Geno a bit in shock before speaking.

"..Is this...."

"Yeah.. It was all I found from the scene. I don't think he's alive.. But it's your choice to stay and wait for him. I just thought I'd give you this before I gave you the potion.."

"..Whatever. I don't want to waste more time. The quicker  we get this over with, the better."

The other would hesitantly grab two potions out of his bag and handed one to Geno.

-

-6 A.M-

(Reaper's POV)

I woke up early, surprise, surprise.

But, this will only be for the time being until the contest. I have been thinking of ways to become friends with Geno, if he doesn't trust me, I can't continue with my plan. With information about him, I can find a weakness of his and use it against him..

So, I will be attempting to make breakfast every morning..

These next few days ain't gonna be easy.

-8:30 A.M-

(Geno's POV)

I managed to fall asleep, but I feel so tired. I didn't get enough rest. I am very hungry too.

I got up and headed to my kitchen to make some breakfast..

What is that smell???

I finally got to the kitchen and saw Reaper cooking. That's- .. unusual..

"What are you doing??"

"Making breakfast for us, isn't it obvious?? And I am having a hell of a hard time doing it." Reaper grunted in response

"I see... You seem to have done multiple attempts at this haven't ya??" I snickered the last part while pointing at the mess in the kitchen

"..Don't even make fun of me about it. You're the one that'll be cleaning it if you don't shut up."

"Alright, alright, but do tell- Why are you making breakfast for me?? I can make myself some coffee you know."

"That isn't breakfast, it's a drink for energy.. plus, I am apologizing for my uh, 'rudeness' from before. And like you said, people can't be friends straight away."

"Yeah, I did say that, so??" I leaned on the counter while giving Reaper a slightly confused glance, although I think I already know what he is trying to do. And I don't like it one bit..

"So, I am trying to become friends with you by serving you breakfast. Sort of like a peace offering and a request of friendship."

Yup.. Knew it-

But why the sudden change of heart? Something is going on, and that just makes him seem weird..

(Nobody's POV)

"It'll take more than breakfast to earn my friendship. I certainly hope you understand that." Geno responded in a calm yet serious tone while looking at the breakfast Reaper had almost finished making.

"I do, so to earn you friendship, we will be hanging out more often. Just so you can see I can be a good friend."

"I don't know... Haven't you been you enjoying silence from me??"

"Have you been enjoying mine?" Reaper asked questioningly

"Perhaps, maybe. You are very loud and rude most of the time. But you seem to have changed- Is there a reason for that?"

"I changed because it's getting annoying being enemies with you. I hate hating people, it gets tiring, if that makes sense.."

"I guess... Alright then, we will see if you can prove yourself worthy of being my friend."

"Wow, you must be a really special person if you only allow certain people to be your friends. Honestly it's a pretty bad deal Glad, you are pretty rude if I do say so myself, no offense." Reaper spoke the first sentence tone of sarcasm and humor while holding a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast for Geno to grab, as well as some orange juice to drink.

"No actually, I think what you just said should be directed to you. Ya don't show kindness back when it is shown to you. Someone has to give you a push in order for you to show your kindess (like the making food situation you caused). I also had given you a chance to be nice in our first meeting. I had only been asking you questions about yourself, but your stupidity told you to answer rudely. Thus putting us in this drama." Geno explained while grabbing the plate and orange juice. As well as grabbing some forks to eat his breakfast with.

".... Touché..." Reaper responded.

"Also, again, don't call me Glad. It sounds weird, 'glad' technically means a sort of 'relief'. I don't want to be nicknamed after a flower or a word." Geno stated while taking his plate over to the table and starting to eat his brekafast.

Reaper got his own plate and orange juice, he would then sit down in front of Geno.

"I can call you what I want, it isn't that bad. And if you want, I won't call you that in public, it can be a just me and you thing" Reaper offered while starting to eat his breakfast.

"Then I will call you 'Stupid', fine with ya?" Geno snickered.

"I am being nice here, nicknaming you after a flower is better than 'idiot', 'dumbass', 'bitch', and in this case, 'stupid'."

"Still, sounds weird.. Gladiolus??? It sounds like a fancy word only smarter people would use." Geno said while sounding weirded out when saying 'Gladiolus'.

"The flower looks rather pretty, so I don't see the problem with being called it."

"Well I am not pretty, I am handsome." Geno said continuing to eat his breakfast.

"I meant the flower, not you dumba- Glad.. And you think you're handsome? I think I am better-looking than you."

"Oh how kind, definitely makes me want to be your friend when you are technically calling me ugly." Geno said in sarcasm.

"My apologies sir, I didn't think it would be offending to have a high self-esteem about myself, do you need me to take it back and call myself ugly?" Reaper responded while also getting up bowing to Geno and also speaking in sarcasm

"..Ughhh..... Touché." Geno spoke with annoyance as he finished his breakfast.

Reaper sat back down and started to finish eating his brekafast.

"Also, your breakfast tasted like shit. Leave the cooking to me next time." Geno joked as he picked up his dirty dishes and went to the kitchen to go clean them.

"Ah, that must be why you finished it all, yes? Because you hated it so much?" Reaper called from the table

"Oh definitely" Geno responded while washing his dishes in the sink

"Also, how can it taste like 'shit'?? Have you tasted shit before?" asked Reaper with amusement

"You know what I meant dumbass. I was going to take it back until now." Geno replied as he finished washing his dishes and cleaned his hands with a towel.

"Ya don't need to take it back Glad, it is true either way, I am not the best at cooking."

"I wonder how you even survived alone, you can't even cook properly,"

"Alone? Oh my dear friend, I wasn't alone. I have friends back home as well, the world is a big place. Finding friends is pretty easy." As Reaper was saying this, he had finished his breakfast and taken his dirty dishes to the kitchen sink and started washing them

"Then I don't see the reason to having my friendship if you can make other friends." Geno said as he leaned on the counter near the sink

"Believe me, it's neccasary."

-3:50 P.M-

(Reaper's POV)

I got ready to go over to Error's shop for our secret meeting. As I was doing so, Geno seemed to be staring at me in curiousity.

"Somethin' wrong, Glad?"

"Where are ya goin'? You didn't tell me you had any plans for today, this is very sudden, is it not?"

"Don't worry about it, I will be back in a bit, don't get worried if I take long."

"Me? Worried about you? Please." Geno snorted in amusement and left to his room

I headed to Error's shop, taking some G with me in case I needed it.

-After Some Time-

I finally got to Error's shop, and it had turned 4 P.M when I did.

I went inside, and there he was, leaning on the counter smoking a cigar.

"Oh, you actually arrived"

"Obviously? Why waste a chance of-"

"Yeah, yeah, let's get to the point." Error said impatiently.

"Fine. First, how will the contest work?" I said approaching his counter and leaning over enough so he can hear me and I could hear him.

(Nobody's POV)

"The contest will be split in seven different challenges. One challenge each day. The contest will take seven days to complete, in this case, a week." Error said and puffing out some smoke towards Reaper as he finished.

Reaper wasn't interested in this type of conversation.

"Do you know what these challenges are by any chance? I'd rather know that." Reaper spoke while taking out his knife and just playing around with it, seeming bored of the information Error had given.

"..Whatever.... These 7 challenges test your speed, strength, cleverness, patience, resistance, dillegence, and determination."

"Hm, then this'll be a piece of cake. I will pass these challenges with ease, anything else that might be helpful? If not, I will be on my way to win you and I some easy money." Reaper spoke confidently while putting his knife away and staring at Error.

Error just snorted, in which Reaper raised an 'eyebrow' in response.

"Easy money?? Man, you're hilarious."

The glitchy skeleton seemed as if he was trying his best not to laugh.

"Did I say something funny? Do you think I can't win the challenges or something?" Reaper growled.

Error finally calmed down and looked back at the hooded skeleton.

"Seriously.. This is terrain, money, livestock, and much more that we are talking about.. Ya really think Nightmare and Dream will make these challenges simple?- Just letting all that money go to waste? No. You will get hurt in these challenges, didn't you read the flyer you signed at all??"

Error kept staring at Reaper with a serious look.

"...The things it had written on the paper didn't seem too interesting to read about. So, no, I didn't.."

"Jeez, if you really are that careless, then buddy, you're a lost cause." Error folded his arms, as if in disaproval.

"You still have the flyer though, don't you?"

Error nodded and took the flyer out from under the counter and handed it Reaper.

The flyer read:

Dear fellow resident,

We inform you that we are having a competition. This competition's winner will recieve the prize of terrain, livestock, gold, and much more. There have been competitions in the past, this one is no different. However, the only difference in this competition is the fact that you can and will get hurt in the challenges. So you are being warned now of this. Any weapons or items that can sabotage other participants during the challenges are not allowed unless given to you by Nightmare and I (Dream). You can work with a partner if you wish. This will not last all the competition though, as you will have to compete with them if you make it to the final with your partner. The challenges will be harder for the people with partners, be aware of that. As always, magic is banned and cannot be used either way. We have blocked all magic use within the barriers of the town. As to not allow cheating for the competition or cause any problems within the town. The minimum needed to enter the competition is a horse. People under the age of 18 are not allowed in this competition whatsoever. More rules will be explained when the competition nears closer. If you wish to participate, sign below your name and the flyer will disapear from your hands, if the flyer is not signed by the due date, it will disapear either way. Have a nice day.

- Sincerely, Dream

× _____________________

"Geno never told me we could have partners.."

Reaper handed the flyer back.

"Why would he? He always does the competition alone either way. Only once did he do it with a partner, but he failed the competition immediately. He doesn't work well with people, and I understand why, it gets annoying if your partner doesn't follow your orders."

Error showed slight annoyance, but not enough to see it on his face a lot.

"Hm.."

"What are ya thinkin' about?-" asked Error curiously looking at Reaper.

"Why don't I become Geno's partner for the competition? That way we can't have a tie. So if we both make it to the final, we will see who gets to leave the town.."

"Leave the town???"

Error looked very confused.

"Ah, I made a bet with Geno. If we have a tie, we will share half and half. But if one of us wins, the other has to leave town. Not like I'm gonna stay if I win."

Reaper had mumbled the last sentence very softly. Error didn't hear him at all.

"Oh, sounds like a good deal. But why would he want to be your partner in this situation?? If you're going to try and convince him, good luck with that. You don't seem to be on his good side. He has complained a lot about you to everyone, including me."

Error chuckled, as well as leaving the counter and picking up some boxes taking them to the sides of his store and shelving each one.

"What has he said about me??"

Reaper stayed leaning the counter, but was facing to where Error was now.

"What do you care? Not like it affects you anyways."

Error continued shelving some boxes, not looking back at Reaper at all.

"I cannot have him talking behind my back. I will beat him up if he does."

"..I was only joking. He doesn't mention you often or even at all to anyone. Although we all know you both have to share the ranch for the time being, but he still doesn't talk about you. Even if we asked about you, he just walks away angrily. It seems you annoy him that much."

"Well he annoys me too. I am getting impatient with him. If he keeps up this 'trust issues' situation, I'll kill him before the competition even starts."

Error then gave Reaper a side-ways glance

"Wouldn't that be much easier than just waiting for him to lose against you?"

"And you call me stupid. Look.. If I kill him now, people will obviously know he is gone, he is sheriff of the town idiot. Someone as important as him will be found missing quickly. All fingers will be pointed at me, and plus, you could snitch on me since we are both talking about it right now. And I don't trust ya just yet."

Error rolled his eye lights at the last part.

"I was just testing to see if you were stupid. But it seems you're smart enough to know to be patient with things."

"Yes, I can be patient. But enough about that, tell me more about the contest. Do you know what kind of challenges they are making?"

"No, I cannot tell since they make them different every time.. But what I can say is that they give hints for each challenge. The day before the first challenge starts, they will give a clue. After the first challenge, they will reveal another clue during that same day for the second challenge, and so on and so forth."

"Wow, that's helpful isn't it?"

Reaper said in obvious sarcasm.

"Don't worry, I have ways that we can cheat your way into winning, I will help in each challenge with a bit of magic.."

"Isn't that against the rules?"

Error looked at Reaper and grinned.

"Since when do you follow the rules?"

End of Chapter 5

(Wow, this is the most I've written ever in a chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, Chapter 6 is in the making! If you have any questions so far, you may ask away. Have a nice day/night! :·] )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...