Rival Roulette

By LetThereBeScars

"I always thought that the first time I'd be on my knees I'd be praying..." I held my breath lowering myself... More

★𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢★
★𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧 + 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧★
☔︎︎Chapter one: I spy☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter two: Espionage☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter three: Out with the old☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter four: Welcome to marx house☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter five: you're not one of us☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter six: Hello, You☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter seven: you are not a God☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Eight: Let the games begin☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter nine: That damned locket☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Ten: What doesn't kill you☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter eleven: I Am Niklaus☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twelve: Patterns☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Thirteen: The Whisperers☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Fourteen: Pins And Needles☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter fifteen: let there be scars☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter sixteen: Road Trippin ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter seventeen: Stained glass eyes and a wishing well☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter eighteen: I am made of memories☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter nineteen: Red (Niklaus's version)☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty: Mind Palace☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty-One: Everything Has Changed ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter twenty three: Vodka confessions☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty Four: Ruining You ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 24.5: Remember me☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 25: Forgetting You ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 26: Winter Break☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 27: The secret Diary☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 28: Twenty-One ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 29: Forbidden kisses and near misses☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 30: Out of the woods☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 31: Normal People ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 32: Healing ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 33: Champagne memoirs☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 34: On your darkest night ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 35: On Your Darkest Night 2☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 36: Open Wounds ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 37: Ghost Girl ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 38: To Gain A Lover, To Lose A Friend☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 39: My Tears Ricochet ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 40: Kareena ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 41: Mother Dearest☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 42: Eight Letters ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 43: Blue Diamond ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 44: Mission accomplished ☔︎︎
☔︎ Chapter 45: Traitor ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 46: Hostage ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 47: By you, I am forever undone ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 48: By you I am forever undone 2 ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 49: The Prague Spring ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 50: To Kill A Mockingbird ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 50.5: To Kill A Mockingbird P2 ☔︎
☔︎ Epilogue ☔︎
☔︎A Thank You ☔︎

☔︎︎Chapter Twenty-Two: First everythings and goodbyes ☔︎︎

10.3K 389 655
By LetThereBeScars

Play flightless bird by Iron and wine and Dress by Taylor Swift for this chapter for a better experience <3

Once I'm at the top of the stairs I put on my favourite pair of diamond earrings, I'm willing to take any excuse to dress up. Everyone's gaze shifts to me, Niklaus is wearing a navy blue suit with a crooked tie, of course, he is. He had to always add something to his outfits that showed a little personality. He waits for me at the bottom of the stairs and grabs hold of my arm.

"You look like a dream Petrov, but one last thing." He tells me, he unties my hair and wraps my hair tie around his wrist.

"Wake up Nik." I respond with a smile,

"No, for the first time I'm rather happy being delirious."
He concludes.

We make our way over to the party venue and it's beautiful, the girls really outdid themselves with the planning, the decorations are silver and white and men in suits walk around serving champagne and fancy finger food. Rune and Martina dance together to dress by Taylor Swift in a very suggestive manner but no one comments on it, we all know bits because everyone's had a little bit too much champagne.

Not me though, I remain sober.

Apparently so does Klaus.

Flightless bird begins to play, we can hear it echoing to us outside creating the perfect scenery.

I make my way outside knowing very well that he's following me, I stand by the gazebo outside that is lit by lanterns and I can tell it's old because it's entangled by vines. I glance up at the midnight sky, the moon is a crescent and it almost looks like it's winking at me in a way that says, I know what you're thinking and I look back.

Niklaus follows me out, like a phantom in the dead of night as he reaches for my hand and walks me inside the gazebo, he spins me around and I laugh.

"Klaus I am many things but I am not a dancer." I tell him, "I was born with two left feet."

"That's crazy me too." He says sarcastically, "maybe two lefts make a right."

Something tells me his words are referring to far more than just dancing, he pulls me closer and I step on his toes at least five time before we get the hang of it. We sway from side to side as he positions his hand on my lower back and I dangle mine over his shoulders.

"You are very tall," I whine,

"And you are very small." He responds, his voice deep, "thanks captain obvious."

"I had fun today." I tell him, "thank you for helping me forget I was sad for a little while."

"You've been helping me forget I was sad since you got here, so I might as well." He smiles.

When Niklaus smiles his eyes disappear because they are so slanted, I like that about him. When Niklaus smiles I smile too because he makes me happy, I don't know why he just does.

"Tell me something I don't know about you," I suggest as he spins me around again pulling me closer than ever before.

I feel my heart beating against his, my breasts pressed faint his chest, I know he can feet that too because he swallows, hard.

"I want to have children, when I'm older." He tells me, "I want the chance to be good to them, and watch them grow old."

"You want to be a father?" I repeat because the words coming out of his mouth are so unexpected.

"Yes, a lot." He says clearing his throat. "Tell me something I don't know about you?"

"My favourite colour is grey." I tell him, "I like your eyes."

"Thank you." He responds, "I want to be the leader of my country someday, it's my passion, it's who I am. I want to change a little part of the world for my people, Czechoslovakia needs good leadership, they need communism with a human face."

"I think you'd be a good president." I tell him with a slight laugh, "or king whichever you choose."

"Oh hush." He insists.

"Tell me some more." I ask him placing my hand on his cheek as he leans into my touch, "I like when you talk from here." I point to his heart.

He stares at me for a long while and I can feel his heart rate speeding up, and I don't want him to run away from me, I want to catch up. He looks at me like he looked at me on my bed this morning, like all of a sudden he's stripping me bare with his gaze alone.

"I want to kiss you." He expresses almost breathlessly, like a weight has been lifted off of his shoulders, "I want to kiss you until I have excess of your affection, until I'm sick of the taste of you."

"Then do it." I urge him, "kiss me till your sick of it."

He dips me lower hovering over me and he leans in to attach his lips to my own, I suck in a sharp breath as his lips are feverish and soft against my own. He doesn't know, Niklaus doesn't know that he's my first want. My first desire for a man, my first kiss first everything, he doesn't know that this is so very new to me. I kiss him back though, I kiss him deeply and his long eyelashes brush my cheek.

His hands are moving slowly against the curve of my waist, they are moving slowly because they are uncertain and he is holding back. He wants to stop himself, he doesn't want this, at least he doesn't want to want me.
He tastes like champagne showers and rain in summer, desire drenches me in heat. It's almost like the surge of electricity I feel when we argue, except this time I want to crawl under his skin, I want us to become one being of this malevolent spirit of lust.

"Tell me that you hate me, Klaus." I plead because I need a reminder or else I'll forget everything, "tell me how much you hate me."

"I hate you." He mumbles between kisses, "I do, so very much."

My fingers thread through his hair and tug at his roots slightly in a way that makes him gasp in a kind of feverish desperation I never thought I'd see from him. Maybe Blythe was right, I didn't know what exactly it was about me that brought out this side of him. Because Nik was always eerily calm and composed and yet here he was risking it all to kiss me.

It made me feel powerful to be the object of his desire.

When our lips part I whimper at the loss of contact, he has this glaze over his eyes almost as if I had him in a trance.

❦❦❦

Once we arrive back home I am buzzing with this newly discovered want for my enemy. My favourite sin. I don't know what to do with it, and I fear it may consume me.

That's the thing about glasses half empty, they're willing to fill themselves up with anything just to feel full, even if it's poison.

I make my way back to my room but once I open the door I'm taken by surprise, Blythe's side of the room is swept clean. Her bed is bare, the mattress isn't even there, I open the closet and all her clothes are gone. On the pictures on the walls are gone as well as her novels.

There is nothing left of Blythe Singh to remember, she feels like a fever dream.

The others flood into the room and Martina drops her purse onto the floor.

"Where's Blythe, why is she gone?" She asks angrily, "and why the fuck are you still here?"

I don't know, apparently I don't know anything anymore because the story is only just beginning.

{___________________☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎________________}

A/N:

OMG GUYS THEY HAD THEIR FIRST KISS IM SOBBING N CRYING 🥲🥲🥲I FEEL LIKE A PROUD MOM WTF. Looks like things are finally heating up between them huh? 😏

Oh but poor Blythe, hm I wonder where she went? 🤨

THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS <<<
PREDICTIONS <<<<

See you next weekend!

- Scarlet <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 644 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
14K 415 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
14 1 11
book one of the "𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍" series "Take another step and I will kill you," he said pointing his gun at me. I take another step not list...