Protagonist Became Bent and i...

By mensaiesh

As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his... More

CHAPTER - 1 Transmigrated to a Novel
CHAPTER - 2 Accepting 'Reality'
CHAPTER - 3 Crossing Paths
CHAPTER - 4 Invitation
CHAPTER - 5 Embarrassment
CHAPTER - 6 Competition
CHAPTER - 7 Wealthy Heir
CHAPTER - 8 Apartment
CHAPTER - 9 Declaration
CHAPTER - 10 Meet
CHAPTER - 11 Recording
CHAPTER - 12 Banquet
CHAPTER - 13 Conversation
CHAPTER - 14 A - City
CHAPTER - 15 Kindness or a Trap?
CHAPTER - 16 A Big Huge Trouble
CHAPTER - 17 Life Back to Normal
CHAPTER - 18 Meeting an Unwanted Person
CHAPTER - 19 Invitation
CHAPTER - 20 Book a ticket to ...
CHAPTER - 21 Denied
Note
CHAPTER - 23 Pursuing His Dream
Chapter - 24 'Not Right! Not Good! There seems to be something wrong!'
Chapter 25 - The plot is completely Wrong!!!
Chapter - 26 You're breaking the rules! LU BAI!
Chapter - 27 Why couldn't he let him go?
Chapter - 28 Feelings
Chapter - 29 Who's going to be a family with you?!
Chapter - 30 Interview
Chapter - 31 Accident
Chapter - 32 After suffering numerous hardships, I finally have you!
Chapter - 33 So Many Rules
Chapter - 34 Sister-in-Law
Chapter - 35 "Yep, I have a boyfriend."
Chapter - 36 Everything was too late now.
Chapter - 37 I must marry my...
Chapter - 38 The author has...!
Chapter - 39 This Shameless Bastard
Chapter - 40 The truth about the world
Chapter - 41 Business Trip
Chapter - 42 Married Life
Chapter - 43 Fortune and Destiny
Chapter - 44 You can think over again?
Chapter - 45 Is Zhong Qin and Zhuang Zhu in love?
Chapter - 46 It's son or daughter, it's our child
Chapter - 47 The Baby
Chapter - 48 Real World
Chapter - 49 Better choice for both you and me
Chapter - 50 You...How did you know?
Chapter - 51 Together with their son, they'll wait for him to return.
Chapter - 52 I'm Yours
NOTICE on ENDING
Extras : 1 LU JUNXING
Extras : 2 Zhan Yu, Lu Bai and Babies (After Life)
RE - EDIT NOTICE

CHAPTER - 22 Fate Works in Mysterious Ways

19.4K 569 42
By mensaiesh

As Gu Tong's display continued, Zhan Yu watched, shaking his head. This girl (Gu Tong) could never imagine how heartless Lu Bai was. It would be for the best if Gu Tong kept her distance from Lu Bai too.

Soon after, A College was on break. Zhan Yu never once thought of going back to Shengjin City. Alongside dance and piano, he signed up for English and French classes. The English classes were easy since he was quite good, to begin with, unlike French, where he had next to no experience. He made absolutely no plans to return home during the break, and he made a series of study plans that he kept a secret from the rest of his family.

As expected, once they found out, each family member rejected them completely. It was only because they didn't want him to endure such hardship. He finally understood why the novel's supporting male (villain) failed so badly. The most fundamental reason was, most likely, because his family spoiled him rotten. Zhan Yu actually wanted to live the relaxed life of a son born into a wealthy familyーthe kind that never did any chores, and only waited to be fed. However, whenever he remembered the unforgettable ending to his (villain) story, he was deterred from relaxing. He had to accomplish something that would be considered remarkable after graduation! It would be to his advantage that his family didn't collapse since it would only serve to pile onto his own troubles. Even if it were inevitable for his family would fall apart, if he had a job, he could at least take care of himself.

Zhan Yu mulled over his predicament. "If you lean against a mountain, it will eventually fall. So if you rely on other people, they'll do the same to you. I need to work hard and rely on myself," he thought. He was still young, so enduring a bit more stress and working a bit harder wouldn't kill him. On the other hand, his parents relentlessly tried to dissuade him; even Zhan Qiancheng disagreed. "If you want to learn those things, I can find you the best teachers in each field as long as you come home. It's simply improper for you to refuse to return for such a long break!"

"Tch! You know I don't want to go back."

"So are you planning to stay there for the rest of your life?"

"Not necessarily, but I'll see how it goes. Just let me do this! I've already made up my mind, and I'm accustomed to my new teacher's approach. Help me just one more time, and I promise I will visit them when I have the time!"

"Enough nonsense. You're coming back!"

"I'm not. If you keep trying to talk me out of it, I won't talk to you for a month after I arrive at home."

"Do you honestly think you can threaten me with that?" Zhan Qiancheng didn't fall for his trap. Zhan Yu decided to act even more shamelessly. "Then I'll cry in front of mom every single day."

"You..." Zhan Qiancheng couldn't find the words to express his disbelief. "Are you still a kid?"

"No. That's why I want to make my own decisions and do things that I like. Just leave me be!"

After Zhan Yu's impressive persistence, his family eventually agreed. But they did remind him to take care of his health during his studies, to which Zhan Yu happily agreed. Time spent studying had always flown by quickly, especially now Zhan Yu no longer had time to care about anything else after a long day of school.

Everything was going according to plan, until the end of August when a single phone call forced Zhan Yu to rush back to Shengjin City. Something critical had occurred; he had no choice, but to return immediately. As Zhan Yu listened to the message, he knew it was grave from the tone. He rushed home only to see Bai Ning and immediately knew what the emergency was.

There was a birthday celebration for Lu Bai's grandpa taking place soon, and the Chen (Lu Bai's) family had sent an invitation to the Zhan family. The grandpa's daughter-in-lawーWeng Yinlinーeven went so far as to make an individualized invitation for Zhan Yu, insistently asking him to attend. The moment Zhan Yu saw Weng Yinlin's name positioned right by his on the golden invitation, a panicked torrent of thoughts rushed through his mind.

"Oh my god! I'm going to die, and it's because of my mom! Why didn't I just tell her the truth over the phone?! If I had, there'd be absolutely no chance that I'd be forced to come back!"

As night approached, the city lights shone brilliantly in the darkness. In particular, the Chens' villa was as bright as day due to Grandpa Lu's birthday celebration. In the bright, spacious banquet room, Weng Yinlin and Aunt Song were busy greeting the guests, while on the floor above, Grandpa Lu and Lu AnーLu Bai's fatherーmet with old friends whom they hadn't seen in ages. The spectacular lobby was filled with mingling guests. It was a truly magnificent display. After spending a few moments entertaining their guests, Weng Yinlin looked around for Lu Bai without any luck. Just as Weng Yinlin was about to call out for him, Lu Bai suddenly appeared behind her. He had returned immediately after completing work for the day. After greeting a handful of the elderly guests, who were well-acquainted with the family, he made his way to Weng Yinlin. "Mom, where are dad and grandpa?" he asked.

Weng Yinlin nodded her head towards the floor above. "On the second floor, talking to your uncle."

"Alright." Just as Lu Bai was about to leave, Weng Yinlin pulled him back and said, "You've been at work for the whole day, go change into a new set of clothes first. Then go see your grandpa, because I have something important to announce." Weng Yinlin smiled meaningfully, cluing her son in on the big news.

Lu Bai examined her expression, trying to guess what Weng Yinlin would reveal during the banquet. After changing into fresh clothing, Lu Bai arrived on the second floor only to find that all the guests had cleared the room. All that remained was Grandpa Lu, Lu An, and Weng Yinlin.

"Happy birthday, grandpa." Lu Bai did his best to show his grandfather respect, which was considerably rare. He realized that he left his gift in his car, and was about to leave the room when Weng Yinlin stopped him. "Wait, Lu Bai. I'd like to tell you something."

Lu Bai turned to look at Weng Yinlin.

Weng Yinlin gave Grandpa Lu and Lu An a huge smile,, and said, "Dad, I'm planning to use the party to introduce you to a boy."

"Which family's child?" Grandpa Lu asked.

Lu Bai watched Weng Yinlin silently. His gut already warning him that something was terribly wrong. And just after Lu Bai had a slight premonition, he heard it come true. "He is the second son of the Zhan familyーZhan Yu," Weng Yinlin stated.

Lu Bai furrowed his brow as he heard that accursed name.

Weng Yinlin didn't seem to notice the change in his expression and continued obliviously. "I saw him right outside Lu Bai's apartment once, and he gave such a good first impression." As Weng Yinlin talked, Grandpa Lu and Lu An shifted their attention to Lu Bai in near unison. "This could be the one," they thought after seeing his intense demeanor.

"I also traveled to A City two months ago and ran into him at a hospital. We kept each other company for the next few days, and... I really felt a connection to him. Dad, I'd like to take him in as a godson, as long as I have your blessing." After finishing, Weng Yinlin turned straight over to Lu Bai and said, "You know, I always wished for a another son. Who would've thought that I'd have a troublesome son instead? anf He's quite easy to get along with, so I imagine you'll come to like him too when you meet."

"What do you guys think? Dad?"

"No," Lu Bai answered. He did so before the two that were asked even had a chance to respond.

Both Grandpa Lu and Lu An's eyes flashed with anger at Lu Bai's outright refusal and blatant display of disrespect. "What's the reason for such an answer?" Grandpa Lu asked with a grave tone and a deep voice.

Lu Bai had no expression and kept quiet, despite Grandpa Lu's question still hanging in the air.

Weng Yinlin pretended to be shocked. "But last time you returned from A City, you said that there wasn't anything special going on between you two! You're not a couple, and I want to take him as a godsonーyou don't have anything to lose. And you even get a brother out of this!"

"He's not fit to be my brother."

"Then what is he fit to be? Your boyfriend?" Weng Yinlin teased, not once forgetting to smile.

It was only then that Lu Bai realizedーhis mother was digging another hole for him to jump into.

"I don't agree with this. That's all. Mom, if you want it so badly, then do what you like, but I'm not suddenly going to say that I have a brother. It doesn't matter who he is." Lu Bai went straight down to get his gift to silence Weng Yinlin.

It wasn't as though the two were bound by blood, so there was absolutely no point having them act as siblings in some stupid game of house.

Lu Bai couldn't entirely hide his agitation as he went downstairs, and when Mao Shiyuan saw him, he was confused. "What made your face like that? Did someone rub you the wrong way?" he asked.

Lu Bai calmed himself and replied. "It's nothing, I'm just going to the garage to get something. Are you coming?"

"Sure!" The casual reply made Mao Shiyuan instantly feel at ease.

The two of them conversed over a few job-related topics on the way, when Mao Shiyuan suddenly declared, "I just saw Zhan Qiancheng."

Lu Bai and Zhan Qiancheng's companies had been engaged in a tense bidding war the month before, which Lu Bai ultimately won with a slight advantage. Since then, Mao Shiyuan had come to know Zhan Qiancheng quite well.

Upon mention of the name, Lu Bai responded nonchalantly with a simple "okay."

Mao Shiyuan was still curious, though. "Did Grandpa Lu invite him to his previous birthday celebrations as well? How come I've never seen him?"

Lu Bai knew the reason for his question all too well. The Zhan family was deliberately invited by his mother.

After returning to the lobby, he saw, as if on cue, a tall figure next to Lu An. Who else could it be other than Zhan Qiancheng?

Mao Shiyuan saw him too, noting how the members from both families appeared to be conversing quite intimately. He elbowed Lu Bai and discreetly asked, "When did Aunt and Uncle become so acquainted with the Zhan family?"

Lu Bai shot a glance at Mao Shiyuan from just the corner of his eyes. "How would I know?" There was no way he could know what his mother was planning anymore.

Despite the presence of the Zhan family, Lu Bai couldn't spot Zhan Yu anywhere.

He didn't come?

Lu Bai approached and heard Zhan Qiancheng saying in an apologetic tone, "Zhan Yu is also very sorry. He wanted nothing more but to come to congratulate Grandpa Lu, but he was feeling unwell in every sense of the word. We insisted that he get enough rest, so he unfortunately, won't be attending today. But when he recovers in a few days, we'll be sure to bring him for a visit."

As the Lu family members listened to the apology, they also began to notice Lu Bai's demeanor.

Lu Bai showed no emotion, but he could still feel Zhan Qiancheng and his parents' gazes trying to look through him and see what he was thinking. What he was feeling. All he was thinking was a single question. "Has he still not come back? Or is he avoiding me?".

Lu Bai stopped this train of thought quickly and reprimanded himself for even starting it. There was no point defending his actions with contrived excuses. Whether or not he wanted to come, or if he came at all, had nothing much to do with him. As for the severity of his illness, if his family knew, then they wouldn't sit around doing nothing.

There was absolutely no need for him to worry.

Weng Yinlin was the first to become uncomfortable with the silence, which had stolen into the conversation for a few seconds. "That's so unfortunate, but it's not that big of a deal. Zhan Yu did return, right?" Weng Yinlin replied regretfully.

In turn, Bai Ning ( if forgot it's Zhan Yu's Mom) replied with a smile. "Yes, he just arrived this afternoon."

"Perfect! Tell him that whenever he has the time, he should come by. Our entire family will welcome him with open arms. Right, Lu Bai?" After the mention of his son, Weng Yinlin realized that she had never formally introduced him, and hastily motioned towards him. "Mr. Zhan, Mrs. Zhan, this is my unremarkable rascal of a son, Lu Bai."

Zhan Jin obviously knew about Lu Bai but played along with a smile. "You're much too modest, Mrs. Lu. You say your son is unremarkable, but I'd wager our Qiancheng is even more useless."

Zhan Qiancheng and Lu Bai shared a quick sympathetic glance as the conversation took an irritating but inevitable turn, before calmly ignoring their families.

After a final exchange of pleasantries with the Zhan family, Lu Bai escaped under the pretense of greeting other guests.

Shortly after, Zhan Qiancheng saw an opportunity to speak with Lu Bai. He walked to Lu Bai's side, which for once was unaccompanied, as he was finally free of the banquet's guests. He confidently balanced a glass of red wine between his fingers and spoke casually. "What do you want to do?"

Lu Bai had his back turned right until the moment he heard Zhan Qiancheng's question. He turned to face Zhan Qiancheng, andーwith an equally relaxed toneーasked, "What do you mean by that?"

"Using every trick up your sleeve to make my little brother return from A City... After all that, you'd have me believe the Lu family isn't planning something?" If Zhan Qiancheng had been on guard sooner, he never would have let Zhan Yu rush back.

"Heh," Lu Bai scoffed. But he didn't deny a thing. "You are implying the Lu family has some ulterior motive but, in the time you have spent here have you found any confirmation?"

Zhan Qiancheng had on the edge the whole night but couldn't find any proof. This was why he wanted to test Lu Bai personally.

But how could Lu Bai go easy for him?

"Don't be so suspicious of people," Lu Bai suggested.

"You can never be too careful; particularly where you can get hurt being careless. This goes doubly for you and your family," Zhan Qiancheng replied bluntly.

"I won't try to convince you." Lu Bai chose not to express his opinions.

Zhan Qiancheng examined him carefully but gave up after realizing that Lu Bai would never give anything away. He began to fear if he was overly sensitive; but if there truly was no other meaning behind the invitation, why would the Zhan family have received one so suddenly in the first place? The two families never maintained any sort of contact, but Weng Yinlin had acted so amicably, it was as if she [Weng Yinlin] was talking to old friends. Weng Yinlin also wouldn't stop talking to his mother about Zhan Yu.

Zhan Qiancheng's ponderings over the special invitation eventually resulted in worry for his little brother. Was it because Weng Yinlin, for an assortment of reasons, had her eye on Xiao Yu? The party appeared normal, but was that because Xiao Yu never came?.The more he thought, the more convinced he was. Reaching a satisfying conclusion, he rejoiced. It was incredibly fortunate that Zhan Yu couldn't attend due to his sickness. Otherwise, he would have had to guard against all of the Lu family's tricks!

Meanwhile, Zhan was lying on his bed with his hands clenched on her stomach. He had been tossing and turning all night but hadn't managed to find a comfortable position. He lay silently in bed, with nothing but his stomachache to keep him company. He was fine when he had arrived in A City; but perhaps due to learning about the invitation and the sudden wave of anxiety that washed over him, his normally stomachache woke like a beast anew. His face unnaturally pale, reflected his pain. He had also lost the strength to walk, so there was no way to attend a party. He stayed in bed since he didn't have the strength for much else, and informed Bai Ning that he couldn't go.

Bai Ning cooked brown sugar water for him, but to no avail. She saw that Zhan Yu was hopelessly ill, and his complexion stayed deathly white despite Bai Ning's efforts. "Rest well. I'll tell the Lu family," she assured Zhan Yu.

"Okay." That was exactly what Zhan Yu wanted. Though his stomachache was essentially torture, it came at just the right time. He didn't even have to find an excuse to avoid attending. After Zhan Yu leisurely recuperated at home for a couple of days, he received another invitation. It wasn't as frightening as the first oneーZhong Qin was asking him out for a coffee since they hadn't seen each other for such a long time.If they didn't meet now, once school started, they'd most likely have to wait much longer.
Zhan Yu planned not to return until winter break, so he agreed readily. "Okay, send me the place and time."

When Zhan Yu finally left the house, he not only heard a load of gossip by accident but met a certain someone as well...

Oh, how fate works in mysterious ways.

Zhong Qin had asked Xhan Yu to go clothes shopping with him, but thanks to his hell like stomachache Zhan Yu was ultimately too lazy to try anything on. For the whole trip, he basically assumed the role of a personal assistant. He helped Zhong Qin carry bags, pick out clothes, and gave advice where he saw fit.

Zhong Qin bought a heaping pile of clothes, and as the two of them leisurely strolled around with their arms locked together, he enthusiastically offered to treat Zhan Yu to a meal for his help. "Sure," Zhan Yu replied. He agreed without hesitation.

Zhong Qin brought him to a Western steakhouse and made small talk as they waited for their orders to arrive. Zhong Qin smiled and commented, "I didn't think you were coming back for the summer."

Zhan Yu took a sip of water before replying, "I didn't want to come back, but I was deceived."

"By who?"

Zhan Yu thought of Weng Yinlin and Bai Ning. He shook her head helplessly and sighed. "Never mind, the story would take way too long to tell."

Zhong Qin raised his head and saw two women entering. One of them was wearing jean shorts and a white tank top and had just taken off her sunglasses. Zhong Quin was planning to ask Zhan Yu what he had been up to recently, but he stopped to examine the woman whose sunglasses were taken off. She leaned over the table towards Zhan Yu, and said in a hushed tone, "Look over there. Isn't that girl in the jean shorts next to Ms. Lai from our school? She looks so familiar... I feel like I've seen her at school before."

Zhan Yu followed Zhong Qin's gaze, and also saw the two young women. He thought the one that Zhong Qin had alerted him to was only trying to show off with those shorts. The other woman, however, had long hair and wore a light purple dress. It was obvious that she was from a respectable family.

Ms. Lai?

Zhan Yu took a moment to recall if he knew either of the two, but couldn't. "I don't even know them. Who's Ms. Lai?" he asked in reply.

Zhong Qin saw the two women, who didn't pay any attention to them, walk to the left side of the table. "You don't know about Ms. Lai and Lu Bai ?" she asked.

"Sorry?"

"The incident and its fallout were both so bad that I thought for sure you'd have heard! I tried not to mention it since I was afraid you'd get all depressed if I brought it up!" Zhong Qin said with disbelief.

Realizing this gossip was about Lu Bai, Zhan Yu immediately lost interest. "Since you're so concerned for me, then don't talk about it," he said. It would be better if he didn't know.

"No no no, don't be like that! I'll tell you. Know both yourself and your opponent, so that you may taste victory in every battle!" Zhong Qin declared confidently. "Near the end of June, an entertainment company exposed a bunch of tabloid-worthy pictures of Lu Bai. In them, there was one of him and yours truly over thereーMs. Laiー embracing intimately! The media went totally nuts over it, especially since it was Lu Bai's first time ever exposing that kind of relationship with a woman to the public.

That picture was evidence, but in less than three hours, he managed to silence all the news about it. The head of the company responsible for the leak even released a public apology to Lu Bai at the event, saying that he shouldn't have stirred up such trouble over nonsense. Soon after, Lu's PR department clarified on a post that Lu Bai had absolutely no relationship with Ms. Lai and that they would be pursuing legal action.

Zhan Yu listened to Zhong Qin intently, and remarked, "That neat freak germaphobe probably took it pretty badly." Just thinking of Lu Bai's disgusted face was satisfying. Not bad at all.

"Are you not curious about them?" Zhong Qin was stupefied.

"What's there to be curious about?", Zhan Yu asked.

"If they're really in a relationship or not." Zhong Qin was getting impatient.

"Didn't Lu Bai himself say that they're not?" Zhan Yu replied.

"And you're going to believe him, just like that?", Zhong Qin paniked.

Zhan Yu was speechless. The reason he believed him was because he knew that Lu Bai only had a relationship with Chu Hua! Every other female and male character slipped away like morning dew into the earth. When all was said and done, they were worthless to him and powerless against their fate.

To be Continued...

( Hello everyone, I dont remember much of the novel but I will try changing the name so it will look properly and relatable eg,

I have changed...

CHEN FAMILY to Lu family

GRANDPA CHEN to Grandpa Lu

...

Any other changes in the before chapters if needed I will do it later and if any edit changes are needed in previous chapters I will do it later, Cause I want to finish the story soon to know what will happen next as I will be just read edit and update soon as I can cause I will then patiently read the story bl version again as a reader then.
Thank you for the wait and Hope you have a great day ahead...

( ◜‿◝ )♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 639 30
Formerly known as POSSESSIVE SERIES 2 : Wang Yibo Xiao Zhan only had three important things in his life. His friends, his mother and the wealth that...
648K 29.9K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...
35.9K 411 86
Why The Big Villain Hasn't Run Away Yan Luqing was reading a heart-abuse novel of the year when she was on the plane. Among them, the most popular is...
341K 18.4K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...