Tu muskuraye har jagah

By misha_reads

Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a very successful and famous business tycoon, had a bad experience because of which he... More

Prologue
Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Epilogue
A/N

10

2.2K 192 29
By misha_reads

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru]

Neil, his girlfriend Sneha, Chanda and a few other friends of Annika had gathered together for Annika's advance birthday party. They cut a cake together and partied all night. Annika was meeting some of them after a really long time.

Since birthdays were not really celebrated at the orphanage, Annika came up with a birthday tradition a few years ago. Ever since she came back to mumbai after college, she would get cake or some other sweets and distribute it among the kids there. She would spend a good part of the day with them.

So her friends planned a party the previous night.

In the morning, she picked up her order of pastries and rode her scooty to the orphanage.

The kids jumped up with glee as they saw her. Some of the older kids knew it was her birthday andthey had made greeting cards for her. She was teaching them how to make roses with paper in the art room when the oberois arrived.

Mrs Chaturvedi: Welcome sir, welcome Ma'am

Rudra: Mrs Chaturvedi, why is it so quiet in the playground today?

Mrs Chaturvedi: most of the kids are in the art room

Om: Come rudy, let's go have a look

Om and Rudra stood outside the room with their jaws dropped

Ru: O, what do you think, bhaiyya informed her about our visit or she's following him?

Ketan: Annika didi, my rose is complete

A: very good ketan, go help raghav now

Om: No rudra, it's something else. The kids look so happy with her and she knows them by name.

Ru: Wow you noticed that, smart O. I'm waiting to see bhaiyya's reaction

Shivaay, daadi and Mrs chaturvedi were taking a stroll in the playground, talking about the new plans that had been implemented.

Mrs Chaturvedi: Mr Oberoi, the girl who prepared the proposal, is here today. I'd like it if you met her. She has done a lot for these kids.

Rudra and Om joined them. They were waiting for the big moment.

Annika took the kids to another room and played music. They started dancing together.

Mrs Chaturvedi pointed towards her.

Mrs Chaturvedi: That's her, Annika

Shivaay, who was busy doing something on his phone, looked up when he heard that name. He turned to see who the warden was pointing towards. There she was, dressed in a nice kurti, her hair tied up in a messy bun that was put together with a pencil instead of a stick, dancing with the kids on a bollywood number.

Om signaled Rudra and daadi to look at him gawking at her.

Om: Mrs chaturvedi, how is Annika connected with the orphanage?

Mrs Chaturvedi: She grew up here

Shivaay gasped, this was new information.

Mrs Chaturvedi: She came here when she was 10. Her father was in the army, he died before she was born. When her mother passed away, an old neighbor dropped her here. A couple was interested in adopting her but she broke down. Usually kids are happy when they get chosen, but she refused. She cried and begged that she didn't want a new mother. She wept and tried to persuade everyone that she didn't want to leave. She even offered to work, said she'd do the dishes, she'd clean the floor, anything to keep her here. She didn't want to forget her mother.

Daadi had tears in her eyes, so did Shivaay but he cleared it before anyone could notice.

Mrs Chaturvedi: Even though we told her she didn't have to work to stay here, she helped however she could. She would teach the kids who were younger than her, help out in serving food, and make the new kids comfortable. This girl is the best child I've ever met. Your late husband was really fond of her, Annika also adored him. She was the only child to call him "daadu" here and he loved it. He saw her goodness, her potential and encouraged her to dream bigger.

Om: Daadi, do you think that painting and letter were from Annika?

S: Daadu's portrait?

Mrs Chaturvedi: Yes, she showed that to me when she completed it

Ru: Does she come here often?

Mrs Chaturvedi:  After finishing school, she got into a college in Delhi. She had no obligations to us after turning 18 but she stayed in touch. When she graduated and came back, she started visiting regularly. Once a week she teaches the kids arts and crafts and helps them prepare for scholarship exams. She wants these kids to have all the opportunities she got and more.

Ru: Shivaay bhaiyya, you've been working with her for a couple of months now, you must about this

S: No rudra, I didn't. We don't talk about our personal lives.

S(in his mind): we've been working together for so long and she never bothered to tell me that she had such a nice relationship with my daadu. Never mentioned this orphanage also. We don't know each other personally but I deserved to know how she was connected to my family. This isn't right Annika, you should have told me.

Mrs Chaturvedi called Annika over. She stopped the music and got the kids to settle down in their room.

Mrs Chaturvedi: Annika, the oberois are here. Come meet them.

A: ok

They walked out to meet the oberois in the playground. She spotted Shivaay

A: Hi Shivaay, Namaste Mrs Oberoi

Daadi: puttar call me daadi

A: daadi I've wanted to meet you for a really long time but your security guard wouldn't let me in. I left a letter though

Daadi: yes puttar, we loved the portrait.

Annika bent down and touched daadi's feet

A: My mother used to say that soulmates are connected forever. So I thank you because i couldn't thank daadu, I mean prithvi uncle

Daadi: call him daadu like you used to and god bless you puttar, you're really something special.

Ru: Hi Annika didi, where did you learn to paint so well?

A: From your brother

Shivaay and Rudra looked at Omkara, who was confused himself

She turned towards Omkara

A: Omkara sir, I attended some of your workshops last year. You asked us to make a portrait and while reviewing you told me my strokes were too strong. I don't expect you to remember, there were like a 100 people there

Om: Sorry Annika, I really don't remember.

Ru: Offo O, if you had bhaiyya's memory you would have remembered her.

Rudra noticed Annika was wearing that same watch today as well.

Ru: Didi, can I see your watch?

A: sure, please be careful though

She gave him her watch. When Rudra turned it over, he found what he was looking for. The initials, R+A, it was the same watch, it was Annika in the temple that day. He showed it to Shivaay

Ru: You need to thank bhaiyya for one more thing Annika didi

A: what?

Ru: He found your watch when you dropped it in the temple

A: Really? That was you! Thank you so much Shivaay, you have no idea how valuable it is. This is my mom's watch

Rudra returned the watch to her

A: She got our initials engraved on it, look, Radhika and Annika. Oh that reminds me, where did you buy that gajar halwa from? That was the best halwa I've ever had

Daadi: Puttar, Shivaay made that himself

A: You did! No wonder you thought my food was just decent.

Annika got a call so she excused herself.

Om: when did this happen shivaay? She cooked for you? Is that why you missed the party?

S: I have to talk to Mrs Chaturvedi about adoptions

Rudra cornered Annika when she returned

Ru: didi, you can tell me honestly, i won't tell bhaiyya. Did you throw water on his pants on purpose?

A: Rudra! I would never do that. I have thrown water on his face once, on purpose. But this was an accident. And you know what, don't tell him that I noticed. But your bhaiyya is scared now {{ darr baith gaya hai unke mann me}}. Every time I go to his cabin, he moves the glass somewhere far away so I won't be able to throw or spill it on him.

Ru: Yes, you're right. Even at home, he keeps water at a safe distance

A: He thinks he's so smart, but I'm smarter. I notice everything

Ru(in his mind): yeah, except for what's happening between you two. How has she not noticed yet, the way Bhaiyya keeps looking in her direction?

A: Anyway, it was nice meeting you. I have to go 

Ru: pleasure is all mine didi, we'll see you around.

Rudra caught up with the rest of the family.

Ru: before anyone asks (he signaled towards shivaay), Annika didi has left.

S: Daadi, I have to leave, some foreign delegates are leaving early so I have to attend a meeting with them.

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter

FYI Shivaay is not going to meet Annika, them leaving at the same time is just a coincidence.

Oberois will soon get to know it's Annika's birthday and some disappointment is on its way for Annika. 

Please vote and share your views in the comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 121 1
Annika had loved Shivaay since she was a little girl, unloved and unwanted by everyone else, until she found the Oberoi's. She was flighty and fiery...
133K 12.7K 34
Finally, their 5 years of marriage came to an end. He wanted to stop her from leaving him but his ego didn't let him do that also some part of him be...
37.9K 2.3K 13
Annika Trivedi works for Shivaay Singh Oberoi but what happens when they are put into a situation where one is forced to marry the other, do they fin...
71.1K 5.8K 61
Famous Industrialist, CEO of Oberoi Industries Shivaay Singh Oberoi had planned everything perfectly in his life. Starting from business to his famil...