PBPGD

kimmmm__ tarafından

Hoshi was just 12 when she was taken away from her mother in the slums and forced to live as the son of an ar... Daha Fazla

SYNOPSIS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4.1
CHAPTER 4.2
CHAPTER 5.1
CHAPTER 5.2
CHAPTER 6.1
CHAPTER 6.2
CHAPTER 7.1
CHAPTER 8.1
CHAPTER 8.2
CHAPTER 9.1
CHAPTER 9.2
CHAPTER 10.1
CHAPTER 10.2
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12.1
CHAPTER 12.2
CHAPTER 13.1
CHAPTER 13.2
CHAPTER 14.1
CHAPTER 14.2
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 16.2
CHAPTER 17.1
CHAPTER 17.2
CHAPTER 18.1
CHAPTER 18.2
CHAPTER 19.1
CHAPTER 19.2
CHAPTER 20.1
CHAPTER 20.2
CHAPTER 21.1
CHAPTER 21.2
CHAPTER 22.1
CHAPTER 22.2
CHAPTER 22.3
CHAPTER 23.1
CHAPTER 23.2
CHAPTER 24.1
CHAPTER 24.2
CHAPTER 25.1
CHAPTER 25.2
CHAPTER 26.1
CHAPTER 26.2
CHAPTER 27.1
CHAPTER 27.2
CHAPTER 28.1
CHAPTER 28.2
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 30.2
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
NOVEL RECOMMENDATION
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
CHAPTER 103
CHAPTER 104
CHAPTER 105
GREETINGS
CHAPTER 106
CHAPTER 107
CHAPTER 108
CHAPTER 109
CHAPTER 110
CHAPTER 111
CHAPTER 112
CHAPTER 113
CHAPTER 114
CHAPTER 115
CHAPTER 116
CHAPTER 117
CHAPTER 118
CHAPTER 119
CHAPTER 120
CHAPTER 121
EPILOGUE
CHAPTER 122
CHAPTER 123
CHAPTER 124
CHAPTER 125
CHAPTER 126
CHAPTER 127
CHAPTER 128: LAST CHAPTER

CHAPTER 66

8.3K 97 11
kimmmm__ tarafından

Lia glared at the man.

Carl lifted a note, inserted it under a pot on the flower bed, and looked at her again. He looked directly at her to make sure that she saw it properly.

The man turned to walk away after confirming that her emerald eyes saw what he put on the pot.

Clutching at the window frame, she relieved her palm from the pain that she just felt after.

She wanted to go down to check it right away, but Pipi and the servants are still finishing their house works on the first floor. So she waited until all of them fell asleep.

How long has it been?

Lia wandered by the window, unable to take her eyes off the pot where the doctor hid a note. Soon after, the bell of the clock tower rang from the distance announcing that it's already midnight, and the light on the first floor went out.

Pipi is a light sleeper.

However, it looks like the relief that the war has ended that she tend to sleep quite deeply the past few days.

It was a time when only the streetlights are shaken by the wind. Lia puts on some thick clothes before going outside.

She glanced around, but unable to see anyone suspicious.

What on earth was the time?

She picked up the pot and took out a moistened note.

When she carefully unfolded the paper, avoiding from ripping it, she quickly saw the writings on it.

Lia instinctively compared the handwriting of the note brought by the hawk to the one she's holding now.

It was different.

At first glance, she felt a strange sense of relief that it was clearly different.

[Brill 46th Street. On a day full of Jasmine scents.]

Lia immediately thought of the place called Brill 46th Street without much difficulty.

Not long ago, she visited a boutique with Rosina that was popular among the noble ladies.

The owner of the boutique is meticulous and quick-handed. She knows how to see a jewelry quite well, and was a pretty gorgeous woman.

In addition, the owner had seen her face.

She talked to Lia softly. If the owner is one of their colleagues, it just means that Lia was being observed through numerous eyes so far.

Maybe it's a trap.

When she thought so, her pounding heart slowly regained its pace.

Entering the house, she threw the note into the fireplace.

Then she buried herself in the armchair in front of her.

Until the well-dried firewood burns to ashes, a clear moonlight flows into the side of her face as she stares at the flame.

***

"Have you heard? Sir Mark's eldest son is back!"

"Sir Denver's youngest son returned as well. I was about to go there. Do you want to go with me? They said his leg was injured and become limp. I think I should help out with something."

"Right, let's go!"

One after another, the soldiers who participated in the war have returned.

It had been a month since the Prince declared the end of the war.

It is said that Prince Wade and Claude established a new border on the plains of Valencia, and set out for the capital after they've completed the restoration.

Meanwhile, the veterans that have returned to their hometowns first, were busy spreading stories of the war heroes.

From the dawn war where the soldiers couldn't be identified while rolling in the mud, to the massive battle occurred that caused a landslide.

Most of the stories are bound to be exaggerated or glorified.

But when talking about the Duke, they all showed an exhausted look on their faces like saying:

'The Duke is scarier than the enemy. Should I say that his bullet seemed to never miss. He was dealing with the enemy without even blinking an eye. It
was terrifying.'

Everyone seemed reluctant to explain further details. As if they didn't even
want to think about it.

However, Lia couldn't imagine it well. Was the Duke, who was so
affectionate in front of her, really like that?

After reflecting on the soldier's conversations that she heard at the general store, she opened the car door.

Rosina was talking to Baron Teren inside, then she said with a bright face.

"Lord Kieran just arrived in the capital. Have you heard about it?"

"Brother is?"

Lia shook her head in bewilderment. Baron Teren greets her before getting out of the car.

As soon as the Baron got out, Rosina reached out and pulls Lia.

"The Marchioness has also come, and all the nobles who have returned
from their territory are coming back to Ethear."

"Why all of a sudden?"

"A military transport train departed from Del Casa a while ago. They'll be coming back. My brother and the Duke. And also, your father."

"...Did they able to rescue my father?"

"Yes. God has listened to your prayers."

Rosina looks thrilled, she draws a sign and put her hands together. She can't believe that the Marquis that had been taken as a prisoner was saved.

Rosina clapped her hand once, adding that the return was delayed.

"I should prepare a welcome party right away. Would it be better to hold a festival instead? Or should we just secretly throw a party? Lia, aren't you happy?"

Clearly, Lia was glad that the missing Marquis was safe and that the long war have won.

However, what is this frustration welling up in her? Is it because her heart is beating too fast?

Lia holds her hand tightly. Then, she closely observed her reflection in the car window that began to move.

There's just one day from Del Casa to Ethear.

"Let's go to the townhouse. I need to meet Lord Kieran."

Rosina holds Lia's hand tightly, which was tense so far. As if she knew Lia's anxiety, she smiled softly and looked straight ahead.

"Don't worry. I won't put you in trouble."

***

Anastasia opened her eyes, which were weakly closed.

The first to come into her sight was the elegant blue wallpaper. It was a townhouse in the capital.

Upon hearing about Marquis Gillard's return, she chose to immediately go to the capital and couldn't think of anything else as soon as she arrived at the townhouse.

The tension was to blame.

Anastasia woke up with a much clearer mind, and pulled a string in the room.

The bell rings and a servant hurriedly runs in surprise to check on the Marchioness' condition.

"Madam, do you want some water?"

"Yes. What about Kieran?"

When she asked while combing her tangled hair, the servant poured some water in the kettle and said.

"Her Highness, Princess Rosina visited. They're in the study room together."

"The Princess?"

When the servant mentioned Rosina, Anastasia's face brightened all of a sudden. She wanted Kieran to marry the Princess before summer.

If it weren't for the sudden war, the Marchioness would've already been a part of the Imperial family.

Anastasia finished grooming with the help of a maid, who brought in a new dress.

She took a step towards the study that Kieran and Rosina were at present.

"...That's why the Lord must follow my will."

The voice that can be heard from outside the open door belongs to Rosina.

"The most important thing is Lia's heart. Lia will try to look for her biological mother in Louver. However, about the position of the Duchess...?"

"Wouldn't it be faster for her to be a Duchess then find her biological mother than as a commoner? That's what I've been thinking. And... She's a child who had sacrificed a lot. I intend to give power to Lia."

"Princess... Lia is more suitable to freedom."

"There's no freedom in Louver."

Anastasia had no choice but to stop.

Obviously, the voices she's hearing are from Rosina and Kieran.

'What about the position of Duchess? To Lia...'

Anastasia went crazy thinking that the Princess already knew about
Canillian's identity.

She left the study and ran down the stairs.

Three years ago, just before his departure, the Duke visited Kieran. She listened carefully because it appears that the two gentlemen is having a secret conversation.

However, all she had heard is the Duke warning Kieran to keep something in good condition.

As she reached the first floor, Anastasia breaths heavily while looking at the wall in front of her. Angel was surprised to see her, and rushed to support the Marchioness.

"Madam, are you all right?"

"I'm all right. But where is Canillian?"

"The Young Master is in the reception room."

The Duke might be aware of Canillia's identity.

Anastasia became impatient, so she hurriedly goes to the reception room as if she was possessed.

Canillia was sitting on the sofa by the fireplace. When she saw the Marchioness, she stood up in surprised.

Anastasia slowly skimmed through Canillia's appearance that she hasn't seen in three years.

Her honey-colored hair grew in length to her waist, and her chest is prominent even though she's wearing a gentleman's uniform.

A woman with a dazzling emerald eyes stood in front of the Marchioness.

'Laura...'

Canillia looked very much like Laura. An image appeared from long ago, the woman holding Marquis Vale's hand that put the Marchioness in despair.

~

'This is Laura. She will be staying in Cosoar from today onwards.

So please
understand.'

~

The woman who had a long relationship with Gillard. Neither of the two acknowledged the relationship, but Anastasia could see it. How deeply the two were in love, how he doesn't appreciate the marriage he has.

If the Marquis would want it, their marriage could easily fail.

However, Marquis Vale needed the support of his wife, who succeeded in business.

And Anastasia's father needed the honor of a Marquis.

It was a marriage out of necessity, but her feelings are real.

Because she fell in love the very first time she saw him.

At the end, she has Gillard. She firmly believed that she became the winner.

To the extent that she's denying she doesn't love him and continued their married life.

She was also confident that he would eventually love her someday.

However, Gillard didn't change.

Until she gave birth to his successor, Kieran.

"Are you all right?"

Canillia approaches Anastasia, who turned pale, and asked with a worried look.

That damn beautiful face. The Marchioness didn't want to see it even in her dreams.

"It's been three years."

"Yes. I'm sorry I haven't been able to contact you."

"No, I heard you were really busy. You've graduated from the Academy as a top student and your reputation has improved. I'm rather sorry. I'll order the servants to prepare a meal."

Anastasia tried to call a servant in a calm manner and prepared the food.

The disgrace and regret that she had suppressed the day she first brought
that child to Cosoar began to soar again.

The day that she stayed up all night starting at the child's hair that fell on the floor. Those days when she blamed the Marquis, while weighing the urge to kill and the honor of the family.

Anastasia smiled at Canillia, who is still staring at her, and then walked down the hallway that leads to the storage.

A shadow of shame follows each step.

The escort that was guarding the Marquis' storage room full of collected
artworks, noticed Anastasia and bowed.

"Dornan... I have something for you to do. I think it's time."

Dornan's eyes darkened by Anastasia's low voice.

An old knight swallowed and knelt down on one knee.

"If it's the Marchioness' will."

***

Throughout the meal, Lia couldn't hide her curiosity as she watched how unusually friendly and soft Anastasia is today.

It was time for her to ask about her freedom, but Rosina being in their midst made it difficult to discuss about it.

Instead, she drank for the first time. It was only a glass of wine, but Lia bowed her head with a red face.

"Well then... I'll see you at the Imperial Palace tomorrow."

"Yes. I'm relieved just by the fact that the Marquis is safe."

"And mother, I have something to tell you. Sooner or later, please give me some time."

"That means... Let's do that after your father safely returns. I know it's about time as well."

The Marchioness was like a different person. There was no affection in her eyes as she looks at Lia, but there's no contempt either.

Rosina was so excited today as she took Lia to the Imperial Palace instead of dropping her off at the mansion.

"Stay at the Palace today. I have to help in preparing you for tomorrow's party, and I also have a gift for you."

"That's too much. I actually want to rest..."

Her tongue was slightly twisted as the intoxication came later. It wasn't too
much, but Rosina finds Canillia, whose voice didn't even break, so lovely.

"All right. Then... If you receive my gift, I'll send you home, Canillia. Well...
Even if you don't want to go back, you're always welcome here. "
***

The back gate of the Imperial Palace quietly opened. It was to deceive the people about the Prince's official arrival schedule in case of a surprise
attacks, protests, and riots.

Wade rode a horse into the Palace with Claude. Since the two have returned home in secret, there was no food, people, colorful music, or alcohol prepared.

However, returning to the capital alone seemed to reduce the weight that they've been carrying for the past three years.

"Stay in the Palace until the Imperial army arrives tomorrow, Duke. No... Grand Duke."

Claude smiled as Wade intoned the title that he received during the war.

"Princess Rosina is having a party. I don't want to be bothered. I just want to
rest for about 10 days."

"Then you can rest well in the Imperial Palace for 10 days. You don't have to
fulfill any of your duties. So please enjoy it, Claude."

There was a faint smile on Claude as he stroked the mane of the tired
horse.

He wanted to take off his uniform that was full of blood and dirt.

If he fell on the bed in that state, the maid might scream in horror, saying she found a corpse.

Wade and Claude took a glimpse before entering the Duke's abode in the Palace.

It was the place where his father died.

Nevertheless, it has become a place only for Ihar family.

After receiving a late call, the servants rushed in to warm the room and boil the water in the bath. As the servants were busy turning on the lights and tidying the bed, Claude took out a drink and sat by the window.

His heart that seemed unlikely to beat, started to beat again. It was the feeling of her scent permeating to the scent of the capital.

Late at night, the gate was seen opening in the distance. And a car that slowly goes in between it.

The car stopped in front of the Princess' Palace, which was connected to the castle.

Claude's hand tensed with the glass near his mouth. The one who got out of the car wasn't Rosina.

It was a brilliant and beautiful woman..

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

289K 8.2K 137
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
82.2K 181 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
90.3K 2.3K 34
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
70.3K 616 128
What Min Hui wanted to do most was to destroy herself, and what Su Tian wanted to do most was to see Xin Qi, but none of their wishes came true. Two...