.C (1-245)

By quasi-

Synopsis Previously, Jian Yiling was the supporting character who was destined to be cannon fodder. However n... More

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
85-90
91-95
96-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
116-120
121-125
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-150
151-155
156-160
161-165
166-170
171-175
176-180
181-185
186-190
191-195
196-200
201-205
206-210
211-215
216-220
221-225
226-230
231-235
236-240

241-245

731 13 1
By quasi-

Chapter 241: Comparing Mo Shiyun and Jian Yiling (1)

Mo Shiyun was convinced by Zhu Sha's words.

Zhu Sha's words had touched Mo Shiyun. In the end, she wasn't making up anything. The photo was 'just the truth'.

Zhu Sha was right. Even if the photo was posted, it was just a photo. And they hadn't even photoshopped the photo.

And with this psychological comfort, Mo Shiyun did a thing that she wouldn't have ever done before.

She sent the photo to Zhu Sha.

Immediately after Zhu Sha received the photo, she logged onto the campus forum and started to write a post.

###

When Jian Yiling returned to school, she didn't know that the meeting between her and Qin Chuan had gotten misunderstood by the rest of her peers.

Instead, she was concentrating on the large number of remaining tasks that she had to do.

Although she had completed Jian Yunnao's surgery, she still had Qin Chuan's mother's case to worry about. Furthermore, she had to deal with Master Liang's request.

At the same time, she had just started the clinical trials for her scar removal cream.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

Due to this reason, Jian Yiling spent the majority of her time during class on various parts of her work. She didn't have the time to worry about what others thought of her.

"Yiling, look at the forum! Someone is posting something related to you again!"

Hu Jiaojiao started to protest for Jian Yiling's sake. Whilst her deskmate was busy doing her own things, people around her were criticizing and reproaching her. This was unfair and unjust!

Ever since Jian Yunnao's incident, it seemed as though most people treated Jian Yiling like a monster or demon.

Even after Jian Yunnao's incident had been cleared up, there were still people who held onto it. They desperately wanted to prove that they were right.

Jian Yiling glanced at the posts on the forum.

The first one was related to Mo Shiyun.

[Goddess of Shenghua Receives Yet Another Physics Competition Award. Reviewing her Academic & Extracurricular Achievements in the Past Few Years.]

The content of the post was about Mo Shiyun's outstanding academic achievements in her three years of senior high.

Not only were Mo Shiyun's examination scores top tier, but she had also won prizes and awards in various competitions.

With the exception of the last chemistry competition, Mo Shiyun's name was on the awards list for almost every other competition. This included chemistry, biology, and even essay writing.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusThe Close Relationship Between Stress and SleepLending TreeStock Trading Made Easy with EtradeeTrade

In addition, Mo Shiyun had won awards in the high jump and long jump at the school's sports competition. She had also won an award for embroidery.

The person who had written the post had summarized Mo Shiyun with one sentence. Mo Shiyun was an all-rounded individual who was the epitome of perfection.

Under the post, there were many comments that praised Mo Shiyun.

Although Mo Shiyun's father, He Jianjun, had caused trouble at the school, everyone felt that this made Mo Shiyun's achievements were even more commendable and remarkable. It was amazing for a person who had such a father to get such excellent grades and achievements.

Mo Shiyun was the role model for students that were not from a good family background.

However, the other post was about Jian Yiling. The title of the post was:

[Even Without Jian Yunnao, Jian Yiling is Still the Disgrace of Shenghua High School.]

After opening the post, there was Jian Yiling's photo attached to the post. She was sitting in a cafe with Qin Chuan. It appeared as though they were chatting. Furthermore, the photo gave the impression that the two of them were very close.

Most of the students at Shenghua High School remembered Qin Chuan's face. He had recently come to the school to give a lecture. Back then, it caused quite a commotion. Due to this reason, most of the students knew that he was not related to Jian Yiling by blood.

However, the photo by itself wasn't bad.

It was the words that described the photo.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

The words said that Jian Yiling had used her family's wealth and connections to establish a relationship with Qin Chuan. It explained in detail how the two had met and how the relationship between the two had developed.

In the description, Jian Yiling was the spoilt daughter of a wealthy family who wanted to provide for a pretty boy.

On the other hand, Qin Chuan was a young man who sacrificed his looks to further his career.

And because Jian Yiling was still young, this description made her seem like a despicable and shameless human being.

Chapter 242: Comparing Mo Shiyun and Jian Yiling (2)

Translator: Exodus Tales Editor: Exodus Tales

Hu Jiaojiao glanced at the description of the post again. She was incredibly annoyed as she said, "What kind of person is this? Why are they expressing it as though they have experienced it personally?!"

Jian Yiling was still reading the contents of the post. She didn't want to get too involved with Qin Chuan.

The contents of the post was not something that she wanted to see.

At this moment, Wang Xiangchong walked over. He had also seen the content of the posts.

"All of this doesn't seem too bad until you compare the two people. There are some individuals who are perfect in every single way. They're talented, look pretty, and have good grades. On the other hand, there are individuals who can't do anything. They're good for nothing. The only thing that they do is show off their family background every single day. Although they're still young, they waste their days on chasing celebrities and dating."

2

When the two posts were put together, they provided a stark contrast.

Mo Shiyun was a role model for everyone.

On the other hand, Jian Yiling was undoubtedly a negative example.

Hu Jiaojiao quickly retorted in exasperation, "Wang Xiangchong! Don't forget that Yiling just won first place in the chemistry competition! Don't have selective amnesia!"

"Well, I've heard that the winner of the competition gets to meet a very important person. I wonder if someone's family bought an 'admission ticket' for their daughter?"

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

Wang Xiangchong didn't name names. He preferred to make his sentences ambiguous. If he was ambiguous, no one could find a fault with what he said.

Jian Yiling turned her head to look at Wang Xiangchong. In an icy tone, she said, "Mind your own business."

Her voice was naturally soft. However, the look in her eyes was fierce and savage.

"Woah? Is this a threat? Are you trying to take advantage of your position in society and bully me?" Wang Xiangchong ridiculed. His voice was filled with distaste and disgust.

2

However, Jian Yiling didn't pay any more attention to him.

When the bell rang, Wang Xiangchong had no choice but to return to his seat.

However, on the campus forum, there were quite a few people who had similar opinions to Wang Xiangchong.

Mo Shiyun was undoubtedly the goddess of Shenghua High School. During these three years, she had built up a good reputation and a fair bit of popularity.

However, this was of no surprise to Jian Yiling. Mo Shiyun had been portrayed this way in the original novel.

However, Jian Yiling didn't want to get involved with Mo Shiyun and Qin Chuan.

Yet, the two posts on the school forum had placed the three of them in the spotlight. They were being discussed, side by side.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusThe Close Relationship Between Stress and SleepPurpleShould You Buy an Electric Car?Progressive

Jian Yiling scrolled through her contact list. She clicked on a name and told them that she wanted to delete the post about her on the campus forum.

Simultaneously, Jian Yuncheng also saw the post about Jian Yiling.

After being verbally attacked by Zhai Yunsheng, Jian Yuncheng had begun to pay attention to the campus forum of Shenghua High School.

He recognized the man in the photo. It was Qin Chuan.

However, even though he recognized the man, Jian Yuncheng frowned. Qin Chuan had stopped tutoring Jian Yiling already. Then, why were the two of them meeting in a cafe?

However, that wasn't the important point. The important point was the description in the post. The description had deliberately slandered Jian Yiling's name.

Jian Yuncheng picked up his phone to make an international call to Huo Yu.

As soon as the call was connected, Huo Yu spoke up first, "Yuncheng, I know why you're calling me. It's about the post regarding Yiling right? I just saw it! I've been monitoring the words 'Jian Yiling' ever since you told me to pay attention to it last time. As soon as information related to that name appears on the Internet, my system will alert me."

The system that Huo Yu had set up automatically retrieved information about Jian Yiling off the Internet. However, before the system alerted him, the information would get filtered and screened to determine what was relevant and what wasn't.

The system he created was the reason why he was the first to know about the offer that was related to Jian Yiling that appeared on the dark web.

2

Chapter 243: Deleting Posts Until the Forum Collapses

Translator: Exodus Tales Editor: Exodus Tales

Huo Yu spoke very fast. While he spoke, Jian Yuncheng could hear the sound of rapid typing on the keyboard through the phone call.

"Then why don't you do something about it?" Jian Yuncheng asked in an impatient tone.

"Hey, are you complaining that I'm not efficient?"

"Yeah, I am. Aren't you the one who told me that the security level of the campus forum of Shenghua High School was low?"

"Yeah, that's true! I can get it done for you immediately! However, why is there another code monkey here? Who is this genius that's fighting with me right now?"

"Who did you meet?"

"Ummm, in other words, I ran into another hacker when I was tampering with your sister's post. And now, we're at war!"

This was why Huo Yu was incredibly busy right now. His fingers were flying across his keyboard.

Upon hearing this, Jian Yuncheng decided not to push him. Thus, he waited patiently for five minutes. Five minutes later, he heard Huo Yu cry out.

"What? Oh my god!"

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

"Did you lose?"

"Yuncheng, can you not doubt me like this?"

"Then, did you win?"

"Um... Not really..."

"Then why are you yelling?"

"Well... Neither of us won or lost. However, we made the campus forum collapse..."

Upon hearing this, Jian Yuncheng told Huo Yu in a serious tone, "You have an hour to fix it."

"Wait, no... Yuncheng, I don't think it's a big deal right? If the campus forum is down, no one will see your sister's post anyway..."

"Stop talking. Get to work."

"Ah... Fine." Huo Yu begrudgingly agreed. However, in his heart, he cursed Jian Yuncheng. Why was this person like this? Work work work. That was all that he thought about!

Jian Yuncheng was just ruthlessly exploiting an outstanding employee like him!

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusStock Trading Made Easy with EtradeeTradeWalmart Center for Racial Equity Update: Advancing Equity in Criminal JusticeWalmart

1

It was inhumane!

Behind Jian Yuncheng's back, Huo Yu cursed at him. He hoped that man would never get married.

However, in the end, Huo Yu managed to delete the post. Furthermore, he made sure that the person who posted the forum post could no longer create posts.

###

Before the campus forum collapsed, Qiu Yuzhen had seen the contents of the posts.

Lately, she was having a hard time. She didn't go to school anymore. She didn't even leave the house.

Although Qiu Liyao forbade the news from spreading in the school, that didn't change the fact that she had a lawsuit against her.

And thus, she had to stay at home. Whilst she was at home, she saw the latest posts on the campus forum. However, her thoughts were completely different from those of other students.

As soon as she saw Mo Shiyun's post, the only thing that she could think of was to ask for help.

Qiu Yizhen immediately called Mo Shiyun, "Shiyun, please help me."

"How do you want me to help you?"

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

Even though discussing the recent events that had happened at the Qiu Residence was banned at school, Mo Shiyun had heard quite a bit regarding the matter.

"Could you lend me some money?"

After her incident, all her former friends had left her. They use to be close to her.

As a result, she couldn't even ask any of them for help.

And thus, she couldn't rely on anyone else. The only person that she could ask for help from was Mo Shiyun.

In Qiu Yizhen's heart, she thought that Mo Shiyun was different from the others.

"Sister Qiu, you know that you can ask me to do anything else... But when it comes to money, I really can't help you with that."

Mo Shiyun's situation didn't allow her to lend money to Qiu Yizhen.

"Wait, but didn't you just win another prize in the physics competition."

Qiu Yizhen had just read about it in a post.

"Yeah, but the prize money is only two thousand dollars..."

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusIs My Space a Good Fit for Airbnb?AirbnbGot Plant Milk? Add These 16 Plant Milks to Your Mug for Health, Flavor, and FroLifeboost Coffee

Typically, the prize money from a high school competition was not very high. Two to three thousand dollars was already a decent amount.

The previous chemistry competition was an exception from this.

"Two thousand dollars is fine."

Qiu Yizhen's father had frozen all of her credit cards. She didn't have any money on her. Thus, two thousand dollars was better than nothing.

However, Mo Shiyun hesitated. Their family had a lawsuit coming up as well. Therefore, she needed the money for a lot of things.

Chapter 244: Master Sheng Becomes a Member of the Board (1)

Translator: Exodus Tales Editor: Exodus Tales

Mo Shiyun also knew that if she lent the money to Qiu Yizhen right now, she probably wouldn't be able to get it back in a short period of time.

And thus, Mo Shiyun hesitated before responding.

"Shiyun?" Qiu Yizhen asked. She was still waiting on the other end of the line for Mo Shiyun's response.

Mo Shiyun sounded quite awkward as she said, "Sister Qiu, you know that I'm in a lot of trouble right now. I really need the money. Furthermore, I only have two thousand dollars. It wouldn't be of much help to you. However, if you need my help in any other way, I will definitely help you."

Qiu Yizhen was quite disappointed when she heard Mo Shiyun's response. However, she knew that she couldn't blame Mo Shiyun.

She knew that Mo Shiyun had her own difficulties and problems to deal with.

However, upon hearing the response, she was still sad.

Qiu Yizhen assumed that the Mo family's lawsuit wouldn't be filed right away. And furthermore, she just wanted to borrow the money for a few days only.

###

Jian Yiling was called to the office by the Head of Teaching.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

"Jian Yiling, what's wrong with you? Do you know how old you are? And you're dating already? Do you not know that dating will affect your studies? It will also damage the school's reputation at the same time!"

Teacher Li got angry as soon as he saw Jian Yiling.

Shenghua High School already had enough trouble to deal with recently. There was already a scandal with the school's chairman. The Board members had held several major meetings to deal with these matters. They already had to deal with public relations and lawsuits.

And now, Jian Yiling was still trying to make matters worse for them? Why was she still trying to cause trouble for the school?

No wonder Qin Chuan kept defending Jian Yiling last time! Back then, he knew that something was fishy!

"Why don't you learn from Mo Shiyun? She's also a student from Shenghua High School. Why is there such a big difference between you two?"

After the last chemistry competition, the Head of Teaching had paid special attention to Jian Yiling's grades.

However, he found out that her homework and papers still had many incorrect answers. Chemistry was not an exception from this.

And thus, the Head of Teaching was convinced that Jian Yiling had cheated in the chemistry competition. Jian Yiling's award was just a show put on by the rich and powerful.

The head of the Yao Li Chemistry and Advanced Materials Research Institution was also from a rich and powerful family. As a result, he was likely to not be a serious academic either.

As the Head of Teaching was in the middle of his speech, his office door suddenly opened.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusIs My Space a Good Fit for Airbnb?AirbnbIs Paperwork Taking over Your Life? Organize It Easily.EPSON

The Head of Teaching glanced at the door. He saw a striking-looking young man walk through the door. He was followed by a group of men in suits.

1

"Who are you? This is the school. This is my office. How can you barge in without saying a word? Where are the security guards?"

Zhai Yunsheng didn't say anything. Instead, he walked over and sat down in the Head of Teaching's chair.

His actions were slow and arrogant.

At the same time, his eyes fell on Jian Yiling. Jian Yiling was standing in front of him. As he looked at her, he started to unconsciously frown.

"Who the hell are you? I'll call the security guards right now!"

Just as the Head of Teaching was about to step forward, he was stopped by Zhai Yunsheng's bodyguards.

"Do you guys disregard the law of something?" the Head of Teaching said as he pulled out his phone. He was ready to call the police.

Yu Xi had come into the room late. He quickly explained the situation to the Head of Teaching, "Don't shout anymore. Master Sheng just became a member of the Board at Shenghua High School."

2

Because of the incident with Qiu Liyao and Qiu Yizhen, Shenghua High School was in a crisis. Many of their shareholders wanted to sell or transfer their shares.

And this, Zhai Yunsheng had taken the opportunity to buy a large number of the Shenghua High School shares. By doing so, Master Sheng had become a shareholder of Shenghua High School. Then, at a meeting, the Board had agreed for him to join as a member.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

1

The Board saw Master Sheng as a savior.

Having Master Sheng as a shareholder would bring them a lot of benefits.

A man leaning against a big tree can enjoy the shade that it provides.

The Head of Teaching who was just about to make a phone call immediately stopped in his tracks.

Chapter 245: Master Sheng Becomes a Member of the Board (2)

Translator: Exodus Tales Editor: Exodus Tales

Following this, a member of the Board walked through the door. This person was familiar to the Head of Teaching.

He was a middle-aged man with an ordinary appearance.

After a brief introduction, the Head of Teaching completely accepted the fact that Zhai Yunsheng had become a member of the Board at their school.

The Head of Teaching completely changed his attitude. He smiled kindly at Zhai Yunsheng before he spoke:

"Oh, it's Director Zhai. Apologies for my actions earlier on. I assumed that you were here to cause trouble. I failed to recognize who you were. I must be stupid!"

Zhai Yunsheng completely ignored the Head of Teaching.

Instead, he looked at Jian Yiling before asking, "Were you reprimanding her just now?"

"Yes. This girl is a student at our school. Her actions are not proper and she does things that are not good for her. She's also damaging the reputation of the school."

The Head of Teaching didn't think much of his words. The only thing that he was thinking about was how to protect the school's reputation. He spoke as though he cared about the student's future.

"Not proper," Zhai Yunsheng mused as he repeated the Head of Teaching's comment. "That's quite nice of you to say. You're giving a young girl who is only fifteen years old such a comment."

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

The smile on Zhai Yunsheng's face gradually diminished. His eyes grew cold.

When Yu Xi saw Zhai Yunsheng's eyes, he couldn't help the chill that went down his spine.

However, Yu Xi wasn't at all sympathetic for the Head of Teaching.

He didn't know much about other things. But such a comment of 'not proper' had already given him a bad impression of the Head of Teaching.

It was fine for the Head of Teaching to care for the school's reputation. Furthermore, it was fair for him to criticize and reprimand problematic students.

However, that was if he had the evidence to back his words up.

The only so-called evidence that he had was a photo and a 'vivid and colorful' description. He had drawn his conclusion off a post on the school forum.

And thus, he had decided to accuse Jian Yiling just because he had a bad impression of her. He had decided to convict a student without any evidence. He hadn't even given her the benefit of the doubt.

1

It was ridiculous to think about.

Zhai Yunsheng glanced at the man who had just walked in. "Fire the Head of Teaching."

The man's attitude towards Zhai Yunsheng was exceptionally respectful, "This decision has to be made at a Board meeting. However, it most likely can be done."

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusThe Close Relationship Between Stress and SleepGo DaddyThe New Normal of Selling a Home TodayRealtor.com

Master Sheng was not an ordinary member of the Board. If he wanted to fire the Head of Teaching, most of the other Board members would agree to this.

"Then go and prepare for the meeting," Zhai Yunsheng said. He wasn't bothered to say anything else.

"Yes, yes. I'll arrange for it as soon as possible," the man said. Then, he turned around to tell the Head of Teaching, "For now, you're suspended from your duties. Please wait for the Board's announcement."

The Head of Teaching was quite confused at the series of events that had happened before him, "Wait, why? What's going on? I... Did I do something wrong? Was it because I didn't recognize Master Sheng as a member of the Board? Is that why? I don't think there's anything wrong with how I acted just now!"

1

The Head of Teaching started to argue. He didn't want to accept the arrangements that had been made.

He didn't feel like he did anything wrong. Although he sensed Zhai Yunsheng's fierce anger, he still desperately tried to defend himself.

"Why did Shenghua High School hire a deaf and blind person to be the Head of Teaching?" Zhai Yunsheng asked. His voice was filled with sarcasm.

"Who are you calling deaf and blind?!" The Head of Teaching had never been insulted in such a way before.

Zhai Yunsheng pointed at Jian Yiling who was still standing in front of him. "You're calling such a baby girl not proper. You must be blind to say that."

2

Jian Yiling frowned when she heard Zhai Yunsheng call her a baby girl. She spoke up in a quiet voice, "I'm not a baby girl."

1

However, her retort had gotten ignored by Zhai Yunsheng.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

Following this, Zhai Yunsheng pointed at the other member of the Board. "Tell the security guards to remove this man from the school. He doesn't belong here."

The member of the Board quickly did what he was told.

When the security guards came in, the Head of Teaching was dumbfounded.

Not long ago, he was the Head of Teaching. Back then, he was the one asking someone else to leave.

And now, he was the one who was being asked to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 3.4K 59
Yibo is a boy who loves affection. He's usually quite peppy and excitable, but everything in life has turned against him. In order to avoid further s...
41K 1K 54
It all started with her dying and some random ass system coming up to her. --- Counterattacking the female lead Yu Meng: Easy, done, everything is s...
52.7K 4.3K 47
The second part of Assassin's Brother. It's a continuation. 🤫 (Assassin's Brother with an alternative ending. Hope this is a 'better ending' and mor...
1.5K 109 7
A Weilan collaboration. Warning: This work is from a collection of lunatics... I mean talented writers, wonderful betas, and myself. Each one of us w...