๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐‘น โคถ ใ€Œ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ต๐’€ ๐‘ฟ...

By starrysnite

โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-f... More

Intro !! Woohoo !!
Your Bitchass Woke Up Late
I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore..
WHAT THE HEL- Wait Nvm It's Only A Chipmunk
Exercising - Your Worst Enemy.
As Dumb As A Roc- Boulder.
Worst Cooks In Ameri- Japan
Mr. Fox Beats Your Ass
Cancelled Sabito On Twitter
Surprise Party
R.I.P., Tanjirou's Long Hair
Old Friend
How To Kick Balls: 101
Sleepover
Haganezuka With The 'Tude
Kazumi Worries For Your Bowels
In The Depths
a/n (not rly tho, just me complaining)
Fedora Fucker
Disney Princess
Overdramatic
Enter: Boar Bitch
Eeny Meeny Miney Moe...
Sherlock Holmes
Knee Murderer
WikiHow: To Flip Off A Lower Moon
Hang In There! (Literally!)
The Hashira's Reenactment Of Judge Judy
You Threatened.. Muzan Kibutsuji?
Get That Away From Me!
Pathetic Attempt At Charades
Mission Impossible!
Girls Don't Fart
Six In The Morning
Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!
Resentment
Truths Revealed
You Screw Yourself Over
Haganezuka Throws A Tantrum
Au Revoir!
All Aboard!
Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!
Trouble In Paradise
Eyes Opened
Let's Make A Deal
Reunited At Last
Traitor
Bitter Goodbyes
Zombie
A Father's Love
You Turn Into An Old Man
Zenitsu's Stomach Goes Through World War III
Awkward Conversations 101
Shenanigans But Make It Fancy
Getting Blackmailed By A Toddler! Whoopee!
Who Doesn't Love Getting Slammed Into Fourteen Walls?
Second Guessing
The Hardest Thing
Eli Having No Sense Of Direction
The Return of The Psychopathic Swordsmith
Revealing The Truth
Life Without You
Enter: Flamboyant Bitch
Mission Impossible-er
Flashy Lights
Inosuke Goes Through Puberty
Another Day, Another Blackmail
Meeting
Eli Gets Extremely Humbled
Dรฉjร  Vu๏ฟผ
Disoriented
Slandering Eli, Pt. 2719
im alive !! woo!! (a/n)
The Emergence
That One Britney Spears Song
Broken Record
Enter: The First Wife
Lucky Is She
Karma, Bitch!
Missing
At Long Last
His Perspective
After The Storm
Heart to Heart
Slipped Out
Room Arrest
The Great Ice Cream War - Chocolate Vs. Vanilla
Training Dummy
Not-So Sleeping Beauty
No Ifs, Ands, Or Buts
Into The Village
Mohawk Boy
Read The Room
You're Not Schizophrenic, Are You?
The Key
A Puny Crow Kicks Your Ass
Fucked Up Version Of Excalibur
Oh No, He's Hot!
Oogies!
Somebody, Fix The Wifi..
You're Single, Aren't You?
Hips Don't Lie!
In Which: You Drown Like The Titanic

That's A Lot Of Damage!

3.1K 154 109
By starrysnite

600+ READS???
HOLY SHITT
ILYASM OH MY GODD

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

As a thank you, I present to you an extra long chapter !

(edited as of 6/4/23)

Warning : Swearing , Violence , Blood , Gore

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

As you had a tense stare off with the newfound demonic enemies of yours, you tightened your grip on your sword.

The demon who had eyes, named Yahaba, uttered beneath his breath, "Seems like a blood demon art was capable of sealing this location."

His eyes traveled over to Nezuko, "Hold on, is that demon accompanying the two demon slayer..? What is going on..?!"

He then looked down at his dirtied clothes, angrily turning to his partner - Susamaru, "Great job, Susamaru! You dirtied my clothing with dust..!"

She feigned ignorance, turning her focus to you, "Found you, found you! You're the slayer with the crescent hairpin, right! I wonder where hanafuda earrings boy is.. he must be close!"

As if it were on cue, Tanjirou ran up, accompanying you at your side. He maintained a defensive position, grasping his sword with his calloused hands.

Susamaru cheered, throwing her hands up happily, "Look, Yahaba! Guess who's right?! Me!" She pointed a finger at Tanjirou, giggling, "I need your head.."

She then pointed her finger to you, eerily smiling, "..and I need you to come back with us! That man requested we come and get you - forcefully if needed."

You widened your eyes, your throat suddenly feeling dry, "Wha-?" Tanjirou raised his voice over yours, "She's not going to go with you! Never!"

Susamaru raised a brow amusingly, "Oh? Is that so? Then, I'll simply have to kill you. That way, neither of you will be in my way." She then stepped into a forceful throw, whipping a temari ball in Tanjirou's direction, to which he barely dodged.

Tanjirou was lucky enough to dodge, but that wasn't the case for a certain demon boy.

Trailing your eyes to where the temari ball was thrown, there kneeled Yushiro — without his head. Blood spewed from his neck as his body immediately went limp within Tamayo's arms.

It was likely the most gruesome scene you have ever bared your eyes onto. You squeezed your eyes shut, immediately freezing in fear and looking away.

Tanjirou yelled to his sister, "Nezuko, carry the unconscious woman to a safe place outside!!" The girl in question nodded, dashing off into the house.

Keeping your eyes away from the scene, you shouted, "Tamayo, Yushiro! Get to a safe place where you are able to hide..!" Tamayo tightened her envelop around Yushiro's regenerating body, "Please don't mind us, continue your battle. We'll be okay without your protection, because we are demons..!"

Susamaru broke into a psychotic laugh, "Hehe! I killed somebody! Did you all see that?! Did ya?!"

While she was distracted, you shot forwards, ignoring Tanjirou's urges for you to stop. You raised your sword over your head, 'Water Breathing, Tenth Form, Constant Flux!'

Water erupted from your sword, before eventually forming a gigantic, powerful, roaring dragon.

With mere inches away from making contact with  her neck, you suddenly got thrown to the side at an intense speed. As you got thrown around like a rag doll, you yelled in a panic, "FUUCKK!"

Before fully processing on how you could escape your predicament, you slammed back-first into a brick wall, making you let out a yell of pain.

Almost instantly, you lost hold of your sword as you limply slid to the ground. You inhaled slowly, desperately trying to soothe the pain in your back.

Between getting stomped on by the police officer, then slamming into the wall — you had most definitely cracked some kind of bone there. However, you were unsure as to which one.

You slowly blinked, trying to regain your focus as your ears rung like a bell. It echoed throughout your head, deeming you briefly deaf.

Upon your hearing slowly coming back, you made out Susamaru scolding her accomplice, "Yahaba, be careful~! Master wants the girl back alive."

Yahaba exasperatedly sighed, the eyes that laid on his hands rolling, "Oh, so now you want to be mature? That's a first.."

Susamaru puffed her cheeks out whilst sending more temaris Tanjirou's way, "Hey, stop being such a bully! You're a bully, Yahaba..!"

Once you regained your senses, you reluctantly forced yourself to regain your footing. Reaching out for your sword with a wince, you slowly rose to your feet.

You stumbled backwards, dizziness overcoming you. You briefly leaned backwards into the wall as your world began to spin.

You squeezed your eyes shut, waiting for the spell of light-headedness to fade. After a few moments, you opened your eyes once more, 'Come on.. you have to hurry!'

As you regained your strength, you overheard Susamaru boasting, "I'll allow you the oh-so glorious death.. of dying by the hands of the Twelve Demon Moons!!"

You quietly snickered to yourself, "Heh, whatever you say.."

Unlike your knowledge of their true identities, Tamayo shouted out to the two of you, "Be careful, they're Kibutsuji's personal assistants!"

Susamaru nodded determinedly, duplicating her two arms into six, "Now, let's play! Let's play! We'll play all night long, until the sun rises—! Until your life ends..!"

She whipped multiple temaris Tanjirou's way, causing a realization occur to you — he wouldn't be able to get them all.

You broke into a sprint, observing how he frantically dodged and stabbed the balls that launched towards him.

As three of the balls boomeranged behind him, you inhaled deeply, 'Water Breathing, Fourth Form, Striking Tide!'

You struck them all in one go, your feet skidding across the dirt ground. Standing on your tip-toes to stop yourself, you winced from a shockwave of pain coming from your back.

You turned to Tanjirou, "Are you okay, Tanjirou..?!" He nodded, a small smile evident on his features, "Thanks to you, I am.. thank you!"

Your brief interaction was cut short, once more temari's swerved your way. As you weaved through the attacks, you spoke up, "These are so.. annoying.. because they keep..!"

You barely slashed a ball that almost hit you in the back of your head, "..changing direction!!"

You turned your attention back to your demon friends, barely witnessing a portion of Tamayo's head get blown off. You widened your eyes, yelling out concernedly, "TAMAYO..!"

From the position where she laid on the ground, she shouted back, "Don't worry..! We'll both recover!!"

Yushiro then chimed in, "Hey, idiot demon slayers! If you notice the arrow patterns, you'll see the exact direction they're traveling!"

You retaliated, "Hey, idiot demon! We can't see the arrow patterns, dumbass!" Yushiro exasperatedly sighed, pulling out two pieces of paper, "I'll lend you each my sight! It'll allow you to behead temari woman's head!"

He then chucked the papers your way, each one attaching itself to your foreheads. You whipped your head to face the temaris, letting out a light gasp, "Woah.. it worked!"

Tanjirou hummed approvingly, yelling back to Yushiro, "Thank you, Yushiro-san! We can see the arrow patterns now..!"

He turned to his sister, who had just joined the fight outside, "Nezuko, up in the tree over there!" Nezuko nodded, before dashing towards the tree where Yahaba hid in.

You briefly turned to Tanjirou, sending him a cocky smile, "Tanjirou, let's dance!" He hummed, nodding understandably, "Got it!"

'Water Breathing, Third Form, Flowing Dance!'

As you made your way towards the oncoming attacks, you each gracefully weaved through the temaris, slashing each and every one.

You both skid to a stop upon slashing all the attacks, to which you then called out to Tamayo, "Tamayo! These two.. they're close to Kibubooty, right?!"

Tamayo quirked a brow, her eyes widening in pure and utter confusion, "Eh..? Pardon?"

Your cheeks grew a deep pink hue as you mentally facepalmed in embarrassment, 'Did.. I really call him that out loud?! That's so embarrassing, oh my god—!'

You dismissively shook your head as you spluttered, "I.. I mean Muzan! They're in close contact with him, right?!" Tamayo nodded, a solemn look apparent on her face, "Yes, I'm afraid so.."

You nodded, turning to Tanjirou, "Then.. we'll definitely take their blood, no matter what!" Tanjirou mimicked you, "You've got that right!"

Yushiro chimed in once more, "Watch out, you can't be careless.. not one but! If they truly are apart of the twelve demon moons, then we can be sure they're stronger than any other demon you'd fought before!"

The two of you shouted out simultaneously, "Got it! We'll be careful!"

Turning his attention away from the two of you, Yushiro enveloped Tamayo's hand within his, "Lady Tamayo, let's make them our bait! While they're busy fighting, we can make a run for it!"

Tamayo's face contorted into one of mortification, each of her eyebrows furrowed in concern, "You don't mean that.. do you, Yushiro..?"

Yushiro sheepishly laughed it off, shaking his hand dismissively, "I'm.. just kidding! Just kidding, Lady Tamayo! Haha!"

『✦』

Meanwhile, Nezuko was battling with Yahaba within the tree, throwing multiple kicks and punches towards him.

At one point, she had kicked up dust onto him, making him burn with rage, "ACK..! DON'T KICK UP SO MUCH DUST.. YOU IMBECILE..!"

He instantly impaled Nezuko with an arrow, which sent her flying right into your back.

You let out a wince as you went down like a ton of bricks, cursing to yourself. Sensing your pain, Nezuko immediately rolled off of your back, humming apologetically.

'Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry!'

Biting back your tears, you regained your composure as Tanjirou wrapped his arms around his sister, "Nezuko, are you okay?!"

You let out a silent sigh, 'Wow, thanks Tanjirou.'

Susamaru raised each of her hands above her head, before spiking her temaris downwards, "Time to die!!"

Both you and Tanjirou rolled opposite directions to avoid the oncoming temaris. As you pushed yourself up to your knees, you winced, before locking eye contact with Susamaru, "Hey, can't you give us a break?!"

Susamaru giggled, putting a light hand over her mouth, "Hehehe~! Nope!"

Yushiro's yells pierced the atmosphere, "Hey, you two! You need to get rid of the one with the arrows! Lady Tamayo and I will work with your sister to handle the temari demon!"

Tanjirou nodded, "Okay, I understand!" He then gently set Nezuko down, "Nezuko, please don't do anything rash. Stay safe.."

He then made his way over to you, swiftly pulling you up, "Are you okay?" You hastily nodded, "..I'll be fine. Are you ready?" Tanjirou nodded in return, "Ready if you are..!"

You softly smiled, beginning to run towards Yahaba's direction with Tanjirou quickly following behind.

You flickered your eyes towards the crimson-haired boy, "You go right, I'll go left! We'll corner him..!"

He whispered back to you, "Okay, got it!"

You each separated, dashing at Yahaba from both sides and surrounding him. As you each raised your swords, ready to behead him, the demon spat with pure disgust, "Dirty children.. don't even think about coming near me."

You instantly looked down at your stomach, paling at the sight of an arrow sticking through it. You widened your eyes, "Oh shit— AGH!"

Before finishing your sentence, you immediately got thrown around as if you were a ball in a pinball machine.

As trees whizzed by your vision, you locked eyes with a panicked Tanjirou, "TANJIROU, USING MOVES WILL SOFTEN THE BLOW— AGH!"

You slammed directly into a tree trunk, causing your eyes to well up with tears once more, 'It hurts..! Everything hurts so much..!'

Before you knew it, you got launched into the air at an alarming rate. At the peak of your ascent, you locked eyes with Tanjirou once more, "Use the eighth form! Use it to soften the blow—!"

Just like that, you each barreled back down towards the earth. As the intense wind struck you, you were inwardly crossing your fingers your sword wouldn't fly out of your hands.

As you reached the ground, you performed your technique, 'Water Breathing, Eighth Form, Waterfall Basin!'

Immediately after, you face planted into the ground at the sudden force, making you groan. At the very least — you didn't break all your bones from that final descent.

Keyword: all; you were almost definitive that you broke your right wrist.

As your body throbbed in pain as you turned your head to the side to catch your breath, you overheard Yahaba call out, "Susamaru, that demon over there.. isn't she the 'escapee', Tamayo?"

He chuckled, "What a wonderful welcoming present for us..!"

As Susamaru chucked another temari towards Nezuko, she snickered, "Haha! Is that so~?" As Nezuko positioned herself to kick it back to Susamaru, Tamayo attempted to intervene, "NO, YOU MUSTN'T KICK IT!"

However, she was too late - Nezuko's leg was already exploded off from her body.

Blood rained down from above as she limply fell to the ground - staining the once green ground a crimson red.

You gasped, helplessly watching your close friend get absolutely destroyed. You shakily whispered under your breath, "Oh.. oh, my god.."

Briefly after, Susamaru kicked Nezuko directly into the house's wall, making Tanjirou desperately yell out for his sister, "NEZUKO!!"

Susamaru clapped excitedly, "I'm so happy! That was such a powerful kick!!" She turned to her accomplice, "Yahaba, I know we're supposed to bring 'hairpin girl' back in one piece, but could we bring all four of their heads with us?!"

Yahaba dusted himself off, "No, only two. The slayer with the hanafuda earrings and the escapee. The remaining two are completely useless to us."

You gulped as Yahaba sent multiple arrows your way once more. You immediately rose back up to your feet, performing multiple stunts to avoid them.

You deeply exhaled, "Hey, hand freak! At least.. I don't know.. give us a warning, or some shit like that?!"

He furrowed his brows - genuinely confused, "Wh— what are you talking about?! Why would I?!"

An arrow then wrapped itself around Tanjirou's arm, causing each of you to gasp. Yahaba began to laugh triumphantly, "Haha! Everything is going just how I wanted! Watch me twist your arm off!"

However, Tanjirou immediately burst into action. He ran up a nearby tree, before jumping off of it while performing multiple backflips — making both his haori and the arrow to fall off.

You whistled, "Daaamn, Tanjirou! That was flashy!" You then cheered, "YEAAH, SHOW THIS WEAK ASS WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF, HAHA!!"

Yahaba glared daggers into your eyes, before sending multiple arrows towards you, "Shut it, you pathetic girl!" You then dodged the arrows with ease, cockily smirking, "Hey, don't tell me that's all you got!"

As Yahaba was about to send even more towards you, you heard Tanjirou's voice echo, "Water Breathing, Second Form : Improved, Lateral Water Wheel!"

Yahaba's head quickly fell to the ground following Tanjirou cleanly slashing his neck. Tanjirou then fell to the ground, exhausted.

As you cheered for him from afar, a distant realization struck — the demon would impale Tanjirou with multiple arrows at once. You were not going to let that happen, he was far too exhausted.

You murmured to yourself as you made your way towards him, "Then.. I'll.. take the hit. I'll take the hit for him.."

As you continued to make your way over to Tanjirou, Yahaba began to throw a tantrum, "DAMN IT, DAMN IT! ALL I HAD TO DO WAS BRING HANAFUDA'S HEAD AND THE HAIRPIN GIRL BACK ALIVE! THE GREAT ONE WOULD FINALLY... HE'D FINALLY RECOGNIZE MY ABILITIES..!!"

You gulped, slowly inching towards Tanjirou while mentally preparing yourself for the future occurrences.

Tears welled up in Yahaba's eyes, "I WON'T FORGIVE YOU, I WON'T FORGIVE EITHER OF YOU..!! IF I'M DYING TONIGHT, YOU ARE TOO!"

He then sent an array of arrows towards Tanjirou, to which you leapt in, pushing Tanjirou out of harm's way.

He gasped as you glanced down at your body, your face paling at the realization - he had sent even more arrows than in the original production.

You immediately unsheathed your sword, tightening your grasp as Tanjirou reached out to you, "(Y/N)..!!"

You met eyes with him, forcing a sarcastic remark, despite your overwhelming fear, "Be right back..!"

Your body then suddenly swerved to the right, which coincidentally was towards the wall you first slammed into.

Softening the blow with the fourth form, you then catapulted upwards. As you completed technique after technique, which exhausted you to your core, all Tanjirou could do was watch in horror.

Upon reaching the final arrow, it launched you even higher than before. As you reached the climax of your ascent, everything beneath you seemed like a mere ant you could step on.

You screamed, but you were so far upwards, nobody heard you, "OH, FUCK NO!!"

At the beginning of your descent, you could feel your organs flying upwards in your body — it was as if it were an extremely steep drop on a rollercoaster.

After seeming like you were falling forever, you oh-so desperately wanted to sob, right then and there. You absolutely hated heights - and now, you hated the sensation of falling even more.

It felt as if your stomach was churning, causing a wave of nausea to overcome you.

You regained your composure, fighting against the air pressure to raise your sword over your head, preparing to perform a technique to soften your final landing.

However, the pressure of the wind overwhelmed you, which caused your blade to fly directly out of your hands, before barreling down towards the Earth.

You let out an audible gasp, tears instantly falling from your eyes as you paled, 'OH, NO. OH, SHIT. I'M GONNA DIE..!! I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!'

As Tanjirou watched Yahaba's body completely fade away, he jumped at the sudden clatter of a sword besides him.

He examined the sword, his heart dropping once discovering it was yours. He looked upwards, "If.. she doesn't have her sword.."

He paled, "She can't soften the fall.. which means—" He yelled in a panic, "She... she's going to die..!"

Tanjirou then shook his head, controlling himself. He looked up to where you were, and soon enough, your screaming figure came into his view.

He sprinted over to where he thought you were going to land, and braced himself for the harsh impact.

After a few moments, you barreled directly into his arms - but the force made Tanjirou fall directly onto his butt.

You immediately shut your eyes, maintaining the pain that throbbed through your entire body. You were exhausted - you just wanted to drift off to sleep.

Once Tanjirou began to shake you in a panic, you forcefully cracked your eyes open. Meeting his gaze, tears had pricked his eyes, and his entire body was littered with scratches - similar to you.

You worriedly looked up to him, "Are you.. are you oka- AGH!" Tanjirou had pulled you into a tight hug, which made you wince, "G-Gentle..!"

He eased up, "Am I okay?! Wh.. what about you?!  I'm so sorry..! This is all my fault.. if only I had taken the hit for you!!" He continued, "Now you're even more injured.. and that final ascent looked terrifying, I-"

You returned the embrace, "Come on, don't pull that..! It's not your fault. Besides, I did it on my own accord. You shouldn't feel guilty for what I decided to do."

Tanjirou pulled back, looking at you surprisedly, "But, why..?! If you knew you'd get hurt in my stead.. why..?"

You looked downwards, before meeting his gaze again, "I did it because.. I love you. I didn't want you to get even more injured. Plus, I can somehow heal quicker.. so, there's that.." Tanjirou frowned, "(Y/N), I love you too.. that's why you shouldn't be this reckless.."

Luckily for you, your efforts weren't in vain - because you took the hit, Tanjirou's leg was seemingly unbroken.

He noticed you wincing as well, causing him to add on, "And.. you were far more injured than me. If anything.. I should've taken the hit for you.."

Tanjirou then picked you up, placing you on his back, which caught you off guard, "Wh- huh?"

You looked at him confusedly before realizing, "Tanjirou, put me down! I can walk on my own, I'm perfectly fine!"

You squirmed in his arms, causing you to groan in pain immediately afterwards, "Ow—! I mean.. I'm okay! You're already injured enough, I can run back!"

Tanjirou looked over his shoulder to you, furrowing his brows, "You can't lie to me, (Y/N). I can smell your scent of pain. Whether you like it or not, I'm carrying you back."

You huffed, attempting to cross you arms, to which you quickly yelped from the pain that shot through your broken wrist, "Fine, I'll go easy on you this time."

You rested your head on his shoulder, "But next time.. you won't be so lucky."

He chuckled, before running back to the fight. Upon your arrivals, you were each met with Susamaru and Tamayo having a stand-off.

Because the two of you took longer to get back than it took Tanjirou alone in the anime, you already heard Susamaru speak Muzan's name.

You somberly looked at her, despite hating her guts. You couldn't help but feel bad - you considered her death one of the most brutal.

Tamayo, with sad features on her face, stared at Susamaru, "You've said the name out loud.. how sad. The curse will now activate, goodbye."

Susamaru fell to her knees, shouting in a panic, "NO, NO!! PLEASE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! I'M SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!"

She then clenched her stomach in agony, before multiple arms launched from her body. One of which grabbed her head, obliterating it in mere seconds.

Afterwards, her organs spilt out onto the ground as blood seeped through her clothing, followed by even more erupting from her head.

You wish you hadn't watched her meet her demise - it was horrifying. You buried your face in Tanjirou's shoulder as her agonizing screams continued.

Tanjirou spoke in a shaky voice, "Is.. Is she.. dead..?" Tamayo crouched down at her body, observing one of her eyeballs that got squeezed out of her skull, "She died in an instant. Kibutsuji's cells destroyed her body, this is 'the curse'."

You slowly and hesitantly lifted your head back up, before sliding off Tanjirou's back and limping over to her carcass.

You crouched down in front of her, fighting back a wince as tears welled up in your eyes, "No matter how evil somebody is.. nobody deserves a death like this."

Suddenly, Yushiro sprinted towards you, stuffing a handkerchief over your nose and mouth, before doing the same to Tanjirou, "Don't breathe in Lady Tamayo's technique! It's harmful to humans!"

Tamayo then spoke up, "Neither of these demons were apart of the twelve demon moons.." She pointed to Susamaru's eye, "If she was.. she would have a number carved onto her eyes.. the same thing with the arrow demon. They were far too weak."

Tamayo pulled out a syringe, extracting Susamaru's blood, "Now that I've collected her blood, I will now examine Nezuko. She breathed in a large amount of my technique. My apologies."

Tamayo and Nezuko walked towards the house, allowing Yushiro to finally scold Tanjirou, "I'M NOT COVERING YOUR ASS ANY LONGER! HOLD UP THE HANDKERCHIEF YOURSELF! I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE LADY TAMAYO'S SIDE, NOT EVEN FOR A HALF STEP!"

He stormed off towards the house, muttering profanities under his breath, so you called after him, "KISS-ASS!" Yushiro then turned around and glared at you, flipping you off.

As you were about to defend yourself, Susamaru's voice interfered, catching both of yours and Tanjirou's attention, "Mari.. Te.. Temari.."

You turned your head towards her now obliterated body, softening your eyes. You reached for the nearby temari, before rolling it towards her direction, it's little rings being the only sound breaking the tense silence.

You spoke in a shaky, hushed voice, "There's.. there's your mari."

As the sun rose on the horizon, the last words you heard her utter were, "Come play.. come play.."

The next thing you knew, her body had fully disintegrated, her ashes blowing away with the wind. You heard faint footsteps walk up to you, before feeling a calloused hand on your shoulder. You looked back up to Tanjirou, releasing a shaky sigh, "Lets.. go back to the house."

『✦』

As Tanjirou descended the stairs with you on his back, you each did so in silence.

Upon reaching the basement, Tanjirou set you down, to which you thanked him. Then, you each were greeted with Nezuko tackling each of you into a hug.

Ignoring your pain, you giggled, "Happy to see you're safe too, Nezuko..!" Your gaze then drifted over to Yushiro, who was calmly petting Hoshi.

You approached him, smirking, "Woah, didn't know a hard head like you was such a softie for animals..!" He glared at you, before shoving Hoshi into your arms, "Shut it..!"

Holding her within your uninjured arm, you pecked her forehead, "I'm so relieved that you're okay..!" She squeaked back at you, climbing onto your shoulder, before rubbing her head against your neck.

Nezuko trotted over to Tamayo, enveloping her in a hug, which made Yushiro looking at her offendedly. Nezuko took notice of this, causing her to lean towards Yushiro, before giving him multiple head pats.

Tanjirou looked at his sister surprisingly, "Nezuko..." Tamayo then chimed in, "Nezuko has been in this state ever since the fight ended.. is this normal..?"

You limped back to Tanjirou, who was nodding his head, "It's okay, she probably sees you two as family." Tamayo widened her eyes, "But.. wasn't the spell that was cast on her only valid for humans..?" Yushiro attempted to swat Nezuko's hand away, "Will you stop it?! Shoo! Shoo!"

Tanjirou offered Tamayo a smile, "It's because Nezuko has decided to treat the two of you as humans.. that she is willing to protect you." You added in, "He's right. Plus, Nezuko seems to take a liking to the two of you!"

The atmosphere fell into silence.

Suddenly, tears fell from Tamayos eyes, making Tanjirou panic, "I-I'M SORRY! NEZUKO! LET GO OF HER! YOU'RE BEING DISRESPECTFUL..!!"

However, you were stifling your laughter the best you could, causing you to physically vibrate.

Tamayo returned the embrace to Nezuko, enveloping her tightly, "Thank you, Nezuko.. thank you." Tanjirou's eyes turned beady as he awkwardly watched from afar.

Tamayo then pulled away, looking at you and Tanjirou, "We will both leave this place immediately, it is too close to Kibutsuji."

She paused, before hesitantly continuing, "Also.. Tanjirou, (Y/N), are you willing to leave Nezuko in our care..?" Tanjirou immediately flinched, taken aback, "Eh?"

Tamayo continued, "Even though we can't keep her from harm, it would still be much safer than bringing her into a battlefield."

Yushiro stood behind Tamayo, shaking his head vigorously. He mouthed to you in English, 'PLEASE, NO. DON'T ACCEPT HER OFFER, PLEASE!!'

You already knew what would happen, but you looked over to Tanjirou nonetheless. You murmured to him, "We.. should let her stay with us."

Nezuko suddenly gripped both yours and Tanjirous hand, looking up at the two of you.

It caught you off guard - this was supposed to be a sibling bonding moment, after all. Despite the slight wave of uneasiness, you squeezed her hand, giving her a soft smile.

Tanjirou spoke up, turning his head towards Tamayo and Yushiro, "Thank you for the offer.. but the three of us will continue down this path of ours together. Us three will not be parted."

Now, this made you even more uneasy. This was supposed to be a 'Tanjirou and Nezuko moment'. However, you shook those feelings aside.

Tamayo put a hand to her chest as Yushiro sighed in relief, "I understand. I wish you the best for your upcoming battles. Goodbye now, you two should hurry along."

Nezuko ran up the stairs, causing Tanjirou to sweatdrop. As he was about to chase her, Yushiro interfered, "Tanjirou.. your sister and girlfriend are both great beauties."

Tanjirou huffed his cheeks pettily, before pointing a finger at Yushiro, "Yes, I know! They are great beauties, and you should've realized that sooner!"

Yushiro deadpanned, "Nevermind, I take it back." Meanwhile, you flapped a hand out bashfully, teasing the boy, "Aw, man! I'm flattered!" You nudged his elbow, "I'm a beauty, aren't I now?"

Yushiro physically recoiled in disgust, "Get- urgh.. get away from me..!" Tamayo then grabbed your attention, motioning you over to her, "(Y/N), could you follow me for a moment?"

You quirked a brow, "Oh..? Erm, okay..!" You looked back to Tanjirou, "I'll be up in a minute! Meet me up there." He nodded, before ascending the stairs.

Tamayo led you into a back room, which looked cozy. Despite this, it was downright freezing. You rubbed your arm with your uninjured wrist, trying to warm yourself up, "So, what's up?"

You inwardly cringed at your awkwardness.

Tamayo reached into a drawer, and pulled out a familiar dark purple haori, littered in constellations, "I couldn't help but notice your haori is tattered and ripped.. so I thought I could lend you this."

You widened your eyes, 'Holy shit. Isn't that.. fuck, what was her name? Akari? That's her haori..'

You reluctantly reached out for it, sliding your bloody, tattered haori off. You then slid your arms through the haori, tugging it to make sure it wouldn't fall off.

You smiled at Tamayo, "Thank you so much, Tamayo! I love it so much! Did you make this..?"

Tamayo shook her head, "No, it's from an old friend of mine." She looked down somberly, before looking back up at you, "You should get going now, (Y/N). Good luck with your journey."

She then added on, "And.. thank you for your help. Make sure to relay my gratitude to Tanjirou, as well."

You nodded, sending an enthusiastic wink, "Of course! See you, Tamayo!" As you ran out, you waved goodbye to Yushiro, "Bye, Yushiro! You better make a move on her, you know!"

His cheeks turned a bright red, nonetheless, he yelled after you, "SHUT UP! GOOD RIDDANCE!!"

As you climbed up the stairs and exited the house, you could already feel the tingling sensation of your wounds healing.

You waved to Tanjirou, making your way over to him. Tanjirou tilted his head at you, "Is that a new haori..?"

You smiled, nodding, "Yup!" You began to show it off, excitedly posing as if you were a model, "How does it look?"

Despite your typical outward behavior, a small feeling of confusion crept up deep inside of you. When, and how, did Tamayo get Akari's haori?

            ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Word Count : 5189

(edited a/n - rewriting this chapter was sm fun 💪)

holy shit this is my longest chapter yet ..

i put my blood sweat and tears into this and it's finally done 💀💀

anyways, zenitsu is introduced next chapter !! are you guys pumped or what!

again, thank you so much for the love i'm getting on this story, i appreciate everything you guys are doing!

see ya in the next update !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 736 20
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌใ…คkny various x reader เฃช ๐“ˆ’ โœฟโ โ € ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คโ”โ” ๐–กผ.๐–คฃ๐–ฅง๐–กผ.๐–คฃ๐–ฅง โ”โ” (ใ…Ž) synopsis . . . a sick girl with a wish in one world, & a reincarnated girl in th...
178K 6.2K 33
๐ƒ๐„๐Œ๐Ž๐ ๐’๐‹๐€๐˜๐„๐‘ ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’ : โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ–ฌโ–ฌ โ ๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—ง๐—œ๐—™๐—จ๐—Ÿ โ€งโ‚Šหš โžค Where a pitiful girl gets isekai-ed from the modern timeline to Demon Slayer a...
10.7K 468 39
"So I got isekai'd into a new universe again." The reality of the situation seems to sink in after mouthing those words that were plaguing her mind. ...
8.6K 326 17
You somehow end up lost in Japan, having little to no memory of your life before, or any understanding of the land and people here. But you meet extr...