A Criminal's Gaze | William x...

נכתב על ידי 8685rj

THIS STORY IS DISCONTINUED. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME READING IT. עוד

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
UPDATE
IM COMIN BACK
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Update *READ THIS BEFORE THE BOOK PLEASE*
Update 10/20/23

Chapter 10

2.3K 74 83
נכתב על ידי 8685rj

The next morning, you and William arrived at Freddy's, opening the place up, as per usual.

You tried to think of how you were going to start the question.

Maybe I tell him a lot about me, then ask about him? No. It would seem too obvious.

William vanishes into the kitchen to turn on all of the breakers while you sat in thought.

He didn't seem to have a family. He freaked out when he was drunk both times.

And just like that, a light bulb went off inside your head.

I'll have to find an excuse to get him drunk again.

You remembered both times when he hyperventilated and didn't calm down until he saw you. That has to be tied to his past.

"Are you ok?" Someone asked.

You turned around to face the voice and met William. You hadn't noticed how long you were in thought for.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You said, smiling.

Maybe I could ask Henry some stuff.

As if right on queue, Henry walks in the front doors, greeting you and William, then walking to his office.

Just then, you both walked back to your work station in the 'creation room' and continued what you both were doing yesterday. As you worked, you thought on how you were going to talk to Henry in private.

Maybe I could tell William I am going to ask Henry if I could bring my sister again...

You shook your head visibly and bit the inside of your lip.

You looked up and saw William looking at you with concerned eyes.

"What?" You asked.

He shook his head.

"Something on your mind?" He asked, looking back down at his work.

Now's my chance to say something to get away for a second.

"What do you think about me taking my sister here again for a day... like, tomorrow or something?" You asked, not knowing what else to say.

He shrugged.

"It's fine by me. Might wanna ask Henry though." He stated.

You nodded your head.

"I'll do that right now, be right back!" You stood up from your seat and walked out quickly.

Well that wasn't suspicious or anything.

If you learned anything about William, is that he's very aware of what's happening. He knows when something is going on.

You speed-walked to Henry's office before knocking on it twice, hearing a faint voice on the other side of the door.

"Come in." You heard the voice.

You opened the door and walked in, greeted by Henry.

"Y/N! What's up?" He smiled.

You sat down in the chair across from his desk and folded your hands in your lap.

"Will you promise to not tell anyone, even William, of the conversation we're about to have right now?" You asked seriously.

He gave you a confused look and nodded his head slowly.

You inhaled and exhaled deeply.

"William has been shutting people out recently and I need to know why..." You started. "Do you have any leads, or why he may be... lashing out?" You asked.

Henry squinted his eyes.

"Has he been angry with you too?" He asked.

You thought for a second and chose your next words carefully.

"Yes." You knew this wasn't true. "I want to help him, but he keeps putting things off. Do you know of anything that happened recently to him?"

Henry thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"I shouldn't be telling you stuff like this. He will tell you if he wants to." Henry said, uneasy.

You sighed.

"Look, I know it's inappropriate to ask someone else about someone's past but I need to know to understand him better." You said. "I just need this one favor."

He tapped his foot and squinted his eyes.

"Fine," you exhaled, "I'll bring you coffee for a month straight."

He sat for a second before answering.

"Fine, but don't tell him I said anything about this." He said sternly.

You nodded and proceeded to listen.

William's POV:

It's been about ten minutes since Y/N has been gone. It shouldn't take her that long to ask if her sister could come to Freddy's, and on top of that, she's been acting strange.

I stood up and walked out the door, advancing to Henry's office.

I heard two voices inside, Y/N's and Henry's. Their voices were muffled, but I could hear some things.

I put my ear to the door to get a better listen on what they were saying.

I heard Y/N's voice speak first.

"...my sister here tomorrow?" She asked.

Then Henry's voice.

"I'm not sure, you and William still have work to do."

"I understand."

I heard a chair move backwards, indicating that it was my time to leave. I speed walked down the hallway and back to the creation room and sat down in my chair.

Y/N walked in not long after.

"What'd he say?" I asked as if the answer wasn't already no.

"He said no." She sighed.

I nodded. She looked at me with different eyes. Sympathetic almost. Like she saw a whole different person.

I looked at her confused as she sat down and continued working on the piece. I decided to speak up.

"What took you so long?" I asked her, glancing up.

"Oh, he wanted to talk to me first about scheduling."

She lied.

I can always tell when someone lies, and she's not good at it.

I squinted my eyes and nodded my head.

"What about the schedule?" I persisted.

"Oh, just some slight changes in time and what not."

Lie number two. She was getting easier and easier to figure out.

One, she never looked at me in the eyes. Two, her forehead was sweating, obvious beads forming at her temples.

"Is it hot in here?" I asked.

"No it's fine, why?" She looked confused.

I pointed to the spots on my forehead where her sweat was forming. She reached up and wiped her face, feeling the wetness of her face.

"Hm, I must be having a hot flash or something." She said, still never looking at me once.

I didn't want to push it but I needed to know why she lied to me, now three times.

Her hands were shaky when trying to work but couldn't. It was too obvious for me not to say something else.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

She nodded her head, still never looking at me.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I stood up and walked to where she was sitting, her eyes finally meeting mine. I straightened up and stared down at her through my half-closed eyelids.

"You're hiding something."

She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head, acting like she was innocent.

"What did you and Henry talk about?" I questioned after bending down to her level.

She gulped and shifted in her seat. I squinted my eyes, waiting for an answer.

"I- Henry wants me to make the decision on whether I should fire Sandra or Trevor."

Oh?

I gave her a confused look.

That was not what I was expecting her to say.

I straightened back up and she looked at me, tears filling in her eyes.

I sighed.

"Are you really ok?" I asked in a softer tone.

She nodded and began to sniffle.

"I'm sorry I just didn't tell you the truth the first time..." She whispered with guilt.

I couldn't tell if it was real or fake.

If it was fake, it was one hell of an act she was letting on, which I somehow got the feeling it was.

I nodded and sat back down.

"Do you need anything?" I tried to be helpful.

She shook her head.

I knew it was fake, but I let it go this time.

Maybe I could ask Henry. Then he would also know I'm suspicious then tell Y/N. At this point, I just wanted to know what she was up to.

Y/N was planning something, yet I couldn't understand what.

Y/N's POV:

You didn't get everything, but you got enough.

You walked in your house and hurried up to your room, trying not to make a sound. You silently shut the door behind you and laid on your bed.

It was hard to listen to what Henry told you.

He was there the night when William got spring locked.

Supposedly, William was trying his newly built spring lock suit, named Spring Bonnie. He wanted to try the costume on. To make sure it was safe, William loosened the spring locks so if something were to happen, it wouldn't instantly kill him. William put on the suit and walked around for a bit.

It was after hours and something caught William's eye. He turned sharply and the spring locks went off with William inside, thankfully only penetrating the skin and parts of muscle, non on the bones.

Henry heard yelling.

"I've never saw a sight like it before. There was so much blood. I tried helping him. I had to pry the suit off. When I did, he was laying unconscious in a pool of his own blood. I called 911. He was in a coma for eight days."

You couldn't get the thought out of your head. Henry talked about it like it was yesterday, yet it was four years ago.

There was only one more thing to do now.

Find out the truth from the source itself.

Dun dun dun!!! Ok, over dramatic but whatever. I hope ya'll are interested in this book and like it for the plot also. Thank you guys again so much for voting on my chapters!! You guys are awesome!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

375K 3.8K 71
𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙨, 𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙢𝙪𝙩, 𝙘𝙪𝙨 𝙄'𝙢 𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙬
14.6K 652 10
"𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁, 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸?" "𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮...
203K 4.4K 60
☾𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢☽ ✩𝑛𝑜 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢✩