[EN] Splendide Nuit ✦ Druig

By eternalsams

✦―In the beginning, when Arishem created the first sun and brought light in the universe, he had to balance... More

「ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ x」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪ」
「ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ」
「ᴘᴏꜱᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ɪ」
「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ɪɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ɪɪ」
「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪɪ」

「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪɪ」

1.4K 37 39
By eternalsams

His eyes were red and tired from crying, his hands had not stopped shaking since he had brought his wife's inert body back to the village. He had delicately placed it on the porch of their cabin and had spread locks of hair from before her face before screaming with grief, not caring much to wake up the village or not. The inhabitants quickly came to see what was going on, fearing for the man who had been protecting them all this time and had been shocked to see his wife's lifeless body. They had respected Druig's wishes and left him alone for the funeral. He had gathered the many logs himself before piling them up and laying the body of his beloved on top. He had been the one who threw the match on the oil-covered wood. He had been the one who reduced the body of his everything to ashes.

He slammed the car door violently behind him and took a determined step towards the house. Rage and grief blinded his reason, preventing him from knowing if what he was doing was a good idea or a bad one.

          - Ajak ! He shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks. Get out here if you got the balls !

The young man was able to see the front door open and Ajak frowned, crossing the destroyed gaze of the telepath. She closed the door behind her and advanced on the porch as Druig made great strides to join her in front of the house. The woman crossed her arms on her chest due to the morning freshness and asked Druig what he was doing here.

          - You really got what you wanted, huh ? His voice was shaking.

          - What do you mean ? Where is Nyx ?

          - She's dead ! He shouted again, causing Ajak to have tears in her eyes. She died because of you and only you ! I didn't do anything. He himself was convinced with what he was saying. You killed her, Ajak.

          - I didn't do anything, Druig. It's-

          - Our love. I know that. He wiped his tears just to allow others to stream down his cheeks. You told her she could have emotions. But you didn't fucking tell her she would die because of them ! She died in my arms ! She didn't even know she was dying.

Ajak could see the pain and rage on the face of the boy she had seen fall in love. She went down the few steps that separated her from the young man and tried to put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him. Druig quickly understood what she wanted to do and brutally pushed back her hand, crossing her surprised look.

          - You really thought I came for comfort ? He asked, his voice lower. You thought I needed you to feel better ? He chuckled.

          - Druig-

          - I came here to tell you that you just killed my everything. I now have to live eternity without her because of you. I came here to tell you that if I ever see you again, I won't hesitate a single second to make you suffer like I'm suffering right now. And even your stupid healing powers couldn't help you with what I'm gonna do to you. He said before turning back and walking to his car.

The woman watched him walk away, trying to assimilate everything he had just said to her. Nyx was dead. It was her fault. And Druig was gonna make her pay if he ever saw her again.

Druig helped Sprite down the small cliff that separated them from the beach where the others were. He knew that when they would see him, they would ask questions that he was not ready to give answers. His leg was still hurting so he limped slightly while holding his shoulder to avoid making a bad move and increasing the pain. Sprite was slightly behind him as they moved slowly towards the others. Makkari turned her back on them, but she could feel their steps in the sand and frowned as she turned. A tender smile appeared on her lips and the deaf woman began to gently trot towards him. When she arrived before him, Druig offered her a sad smile and was surprised when she took him in her arms.

He then pressed her against him and buried his nose in her shoulder to hide his tears from the others. The Eternal must have felt it as she rubbed his back to comfort him before breaking their embrace and trying to look into his eyes. He always had his eyes closed and he set his forehead against that of his friend to enjoy this moment of calm. When he opened his eyes, they were slightly damp because of the tears but he displayed a small smile that was reassuring.

          - It's okay. He mouthed to her. I'm okay.

          - She would be proud of you. She signed to him.

          - I know she would.

Makkari nodded and took the hand of her best friend to lead him to the others where Sprite had already gone. All eyes were on Druig but none of them asked any questions, they simply offered him tender smiles, really happy to see him alive again. However, he saw no trace of Ikaris and, seeing the grieving faces of Sersi and Sprite, he could quickly guess that the man who had tried to kill him was no longer of this world. Too bad for him.

          - Sprite. Sersi called her. I still have energy from the Uni-Mind. I think I can make you human. All the things you said you wanted, you can have them. But your time will be fleeting and you'll die one day. Are you ready for that ?

          - I am. Sprite lightly smiled, hope in her voice.

          - Druig. The witch then called her friend, making him look up at her with confusion. I know it'll hurt to live eternity without the woman you love. Maybe I can make you human too, you'll only have fifty, maybe sixty years to live with that pain.

          - Thank you, Sersi. He said, sincerely touched by the attention. But I think I'm good now. He gave her a little smile, causing her to nod.

With the immense power of the Celestial still flowing in her veins, Sersi reached out to Sprite. The girl looked at the hand as the solution to all her problems and found herself even slightly hesitating, wondering if she would not miss eternity. But these doubts disappeared immediately when she imagined that she would start a family with the person she loved. Sprite then placed her hand on Sersi's and Druig could not help but smile softly. Sprite will be able to know the life he had known with Nyx, and he could only recommend it to everyone. The years he had spent with her were the best of his life. Now he had to learn to live without her, and with his family.

Two weeks had passed since the emergence and the Eternals had to learn to lay low despite the humans having noticed the big changes visible in the Indian Ocean. Sersi had managed to find a good school for Sprite and had asked Kingo for help to prepare the girl for school. They both decided to stay on Earth, just like Phastos who would stay with his family. While the others had already planned to leave the planet to go help the other Eternals throughout the galaxy. For the time being, they had found refuge in Ajak's home in South Dakota. The four Eternals waited patiently for Phastos' husband and son, who had to arrive just before Druig, Makkari and Thena left.

Eventually, a car parked in front of the house and a child's laugh could be heard outside, bringing Druig back to a time he particularly loved. The front door opened and let a ten-year-old boy into the house as his father reminded him to remain polite. He fell face to face with Druig who raised his eyebrows to be intimidating but he could not resist and offered a smile to the boy before he ruffled his hair and introduced himself. Phastos took his son in his arms and asked about him while Makkari gently mocked her best friend. A man entered the house and seemed to stop breathing when he saw all the heroes in the same room. He introduced himself as Ben and Druig offered him a small hand sign before grabbing the bowl of chips that Makkari gave him.

The two friends went to sit on the couch and Phastos got the hot pizzas that his husband had just brought. The boy, Jack, wanted to ask for the powers of each Eternal and when he asked Makkari, she smiled softly and turned to Druig to help her make herself understood by the child.

          - Excuse-her, she's deaf. He precised before answering the boy. Makkari is the fastest person of the galaxy. She can go from here to Russia in five seconds flat.

          - Wow... He said in awe before chuckling, causing Druig to frown. Your accent is funny. He laughed, making Druig roll his eyes with a smirk.

          - Yeah, and she also can feel the vibrations when you're talking or moving. But she needs to read your lips or needs you to sign if you want her to understand what you're saying. He shrugged, putting a chips in his mouth.

          - And what's your power ? Jack excitedly asked the telepath.

Druig exchanged a look with Phastos, asking him silently if he could demonstrate it to him. But the father forbade him formally by sliding his thumb on his throat, making Druig understand what would happen if he used his power on his son.

          - I can read minds. He then simply said, looking back at the boy.

          - Really ? That's so cool ! What am I thinking right now ?

          - A chicken with roller skates. The young man chuckled, eating another of his chips.

          - Dad ! He turned towards his father with a big smile. That's exactly what I was thinking. Can you do something else ? He asked Druig. I mean, mind reading is really cool but it doesn't help saving the world, does it ?

          - Mind reading is definitely not his only power. Phastos said before Druig could answer. He can also be super annoying.

Druig laughed softly but said nothing else, respecting the will of his friend to say nothing else to his son. He watched the boy walk around the house and put the bowl of chips on the coffee table in front of him before rubbing his hands to remove the crumbs.

          - I think you and Nyx would have been great parents. Phastos told him when he saw his son leaving the room.

          - Yeah, she thought so too. He slightly smiled at the memory.

          - Who is Nyx ? Ben asked, looking from Phastos to Druig.

          - She was my wife. Druig said, surprising the others when he explained it by himself. She died almost thirty years ago.

          - Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to- Ben quickly apologized when he saw Phastos' uncomfortable look.

          - It's fine. You didn't know.

Phastos looked away and quickly put his plate on Makkari's lap when he saw Thena holding proudly one of her weapons while she was in the presence of his son. Druig's gaze lingered on the slice of pizza on the plate and he ensured that Phastos was well gone before getting his pizza. Phastos' phone, which was on the coffee table, rang, drawing the attention of Druig and Makkari. The young man quickly looked at the person trying to call him and saw the name of Sersi. He put down his slice of pizza and answered the phone, swallowing what he had in his mouth.

          - Phastos' phone, this is Druig speaking, hello.

          - Druig ?

          - Kingo ? He frowned. You guys are okay with Sprite ? Is something wrong ? He immediately asked when he didn't hear Sersi's voice.

          - No, actually, I wanted to talk to you, Druig.

          - To me ?

          - Yeah. I wanted to say I'm sorry for Nyx and for how I reacted when you told us the truth. I was just- I was just hurt and I hope you'll be better soon because I know that even if you seem fine, you're not. Like you said, she was your everything and you lost her thinking it was your fault. So...

          - You don't need to-

          - Yeah, I do. Because I acted like a dick.

          - You said it, not me.

          - Yeah. He could hear Kingo chuckle. I just wanted you to know that I'm really sorry for your loss, man. And I hope you'll find peace wherever you guys are going.

          - Thank you, Kingo.

          - Don't mention it. He said before they hang up.

The young man placed the telephone on the table and Makkari offered him a tender smile before placing her hand on his shoulder. The deaf woman got up and picked up her jacket on the back of the couch before joining Phastos, Thena and Jack in the kitchen.

          - When are you guys leaving ? When is that happening ? Phastos asked. That's happening soon, right ?

Druig entered the kitchen and threw a potato chip in the direction of Jack. The boy caught it and laughed with a good heart, giving a smile to the young man who put the bowl of chips on the kitchen table before following Makkari outside.

          - Don't go anywhere near him. He could hear Phastos tell his son.

Thena took her coat and passed in front of them, advancing towards the Domo which overhung the valley next to the house. Phastos kept a hand on his son's shoulder while the boy made a grimaces contest with Druig walking beside them.

          - Okay, that's far enough, Jack.

          - Wow, Dad, the Domo's so cool.

          - Your dad fixed that with his bare hands.

          - Can we go to space, too, one day ? The boy asked, causing Druig to chuckle.

          - Let's wait till you get your learner's permit, okay ?

          - Hey, Phastos. Druig called his friend, approaching him. Take care. This world is lucky to have you.

          - Thank you. The father said, reaching out to him. I know you're not a hugger, so...

Druig pinched his lips and shook his hand before pulling on his arm and drawing Phastos against him to hug him. The father of the family was surprised but did not refuse this embrace, hugging the young man in his turn. The two men separated and the telepath crouched down to be up to Jack.

          - Take care of your dad for me, huh ? He asked, making the boy nod his head. Attaboy ! He ruffled his hair, causing the child to laugh.

The telepath got up and turned to Makkari, who smiled tenderly at this exchange. She had always known that her friend would have made an incredible father and the fact that he and Nyx did not have the opportunity to start a family made her really sad because she could see that Druig loved children. It was like he was born into it. He got to understand them and become their friends.

          - You think when we find the other Eternals out there, that they'll accept the truth the way we did ? He asked her, bringing her back to reality and causing her to nod.

            - Because the truth will set them free. She signed, making him slightly smile.

His gaze turned to the Domo and Makkari's arm slipped around his, encouraging him to move forward. He knew he would have to help others grieve, but he would really need others to do it himself.

AND THAT'S A WRAP EVERYBODY !! The last chapter of Splendide Nuit is officially out and that announces the end of this story. WRONG ! I decided to write a post-credit scene for this fanfiction so don't remove this book from your library. AND I told you that I wanted to write bonus chapters with Druig and Nyx, and I'm gonna do it so don't remove it. It's not the end yet. So, since the next part isn't a chapter I'm just gonna say... See ya after the credits !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 710 15
eris never had anything in life. she never had a full life. never had anyone stay. never felt welcomed into the avengers. the world called her a he...
65.2K 1.2K 19
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. 𝐼'𝓂 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓈𝑒. Nyx is the Greek personification of darkness also a g...
175K 5.9K 13
y/n is known as one of the Eternals, fighting alongside them for centuries, protecting the earth for a bigger purpose. y/n has a lot of love for ever...