Corrupted Civilization

By ARandomNon-B

What would happen if Mumei got abandoned from the Council and reached to the point where she could just die... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 6

1.5K 53 0
By ARandomNon-B

The few weeks, Amelia calmed down, she got a room for herself in the council and was glad she took the weeks off from her usual work. She finally had time to distract herself from the case, she stayed inside her bedroom and slept most of the time. To stay fit and on top form, she walked and jogged through the council place and also did several exercises like push ups and planks.

Meanwhile the detective was out of work, someone had to replace her. It was the council's duty to find a replacement for the case, which meant, sending other chosen ones for help with the help of the speaker of space.

"So, which people would be the perfect detective ? I guess none is better than Watson that's sure, but since she's not available those weeks and today either....we really shall get someone to help us out", Baelz beat around the bushes, not coming to the point to this council meeting. The council room was still with papers and red string all over the place, but the cigars and coffee bottles were removed, they wanted to help Amelia out after all.

"Can't we get...two people for this job, I think one won't be enough for this job and the more, the better I think", suggested Kronii, making hand motions to explain Bae her arguments.

"And do you think of two members in particular Kronii ?", Fauna asked, curious what might be the answer to her question. The warden of time nodded in approve and requested for Sana, to summon them here with a sign of help. They stood up and went to another room, because the council members didn't want to destroy any of Amelia's work here. Sana used her ability to travel among dimensions to find the two particular chosen ones.

"And you sure it's gonna work ?", Bae whispered next to Kronii, unsure if it would help, from Baelz experience, both of those members didn't like each other. However Kronii wanted to check for the final result. Finally, Sana came back, two portals on the opposite side of the room appeared...they arrived into their place.

"You asked for my help dear council and I'm glad if I can help", the shrine maiden appeared, approving to be the helper in need. On the other side of the room appeared the second chosen one...

"Fufufu, you need Pekora's help, you get Pekora's help, who shall I prank today ?", the bunny-girl showed her smug lips, taking out her bombs already to shoot at someone around the room. Both shrine-maiden and the bunny finally took a glimpse of each other, silence filled the room, an awkward one on top of that.

"Oiiiii Usadaaaa", the maiden yelled, annoyed feeling the presence of that certain person, she had to share a room with her when arriving.

"Oiiioiiii Mikooo", Pekora yelled back at her, ready to throw the bomb she had on her hand at the shrine maiden. It was Kronii and Fauna who had to separate these two for 15 minutes before they could explain their job.

"See, I told you Kronii", commented quietly chaos near the warden of time, Kronii didn't like that.

"Ohhh shut up Bae", Kronii complained, she didn't like it when Baelz was right. After they got separated, Kronii and Fauna were able to calm them down and explain them how important this job was for them to work alongside. Both Miko and Pekora got serious and shook hands, agreeing forming a team of two and trying that thing out called teamwork.

Entering the council meeting room, Miko got curious about the pinned papers and examined them. There were numbers pinned with other numbers, probably the number of deaths in total currently. Places and precise coordination were written too, for sure where those people died in the first place. Miko found a glass with a small amount of black fur on a petite table, the small table stood on top of the council meeting table. Pekora on the other hand, saw in a corner a large number of papers pinned on the wall. However those papers weren't written at all, but actual photographs of the dead people, ripped apart or just open. Even someone like Pekora felt unnerving and shivers down her spine, it wasn't a pleasant view after all.

"So what you see here, our detective Amelia Watson made all of this, she found clues here and there, but had to take a long break, with the reply she wasn't feeling sane and calm anymore, so we called you two for help finding more clues on what is killing humanity in such large amounts", the warden of time explained seriously, Miko and Pekora were focused on what Kronii was talking about. In the end, they took the day to read Amelia's notes on the walls to summarize what she already found out or what could be connections. Kronii sat in her usual chair in the meeting room and drank her tea calmly, looking how the shrine maiden and the bunny would act these few hours. Surprisingly, they didn't fight a lot, more like they had several discussions about the papers and what it meant. Dedicated in their actual job, Miko and Pekora took both a small notebook out, Miko got herself a pencil, Pekora a pen and just started noting down what they needed.

After Kronii finished her tea, she stayed a little bit before going out of the council and bringing her cup to the kitchen. Since the warden had nothing to do after washing and cleaning her cup, she went to her usual spot, the library. Ever since Mumei wasn't in the council, Kronii would stop each day she was in the library when she had to be in the council for meetings or other occasions.

The library was now for Kronii an important place, she couldn't allow herself to not go in the library one day, it was a must for her. She always chose a book from the large shelves and picked one that caught her interest, the comfy chair made Kronii feel at ease. Likewise did the dim lights from the very old-looking lightbulbs that hung in different lengths on the ceiling. She would stay in the council library for hours, reading the book. She positioned herself on the couch in a way, her legs were crossed elegantly and it felt like her aura radiated beauty and focus.

"Hi Kronini, I knew you would be in here", Sana knocked on the wood from one of the shelves, getting the warden's attention. Her stern and serious orbs met Sana's yellow eyes.

"You know I would be here usually", Kronii said calmly, now looking down to the wooden floor. Each day passing by, every council member knew Kronii would be in this library, reading books or even just enjoying her tea in this quiet place. Sometimes she would go as far as cleaning the place from dust and dirt and also organizing the books from A to Z in every shelf. Sana deeply knew this moment, Kronii's face, it meant she felt hurt and loneliness...missing the brown-haired girl whom this place was scared.

"Kronini, I know you miss her a lot, I do too, but I hope she's fine outside the council...I mean, she's in the cities, all alone, or maybe not, but I hope we find her and that she's in a good condition", Sana tried to comfort Kronii, but the warden didn't seem pleased with the speaker's speech.

"I know you try to comfort me, but right now, I really need some alone time...I'm sorry Sana, you know how close I was with her", Kronii put both her hands on her face and let out a big sigh, she was exhausted, Sana could sense it too, the warden's sleep would always be disturbed by a nightmare she had, more like a dream with her and the ex-guardian. Their bond was deep, but not as deep as in a relationship...they were close friends ever since Kronii met her.

"I understand Kronii...I will let you be, but I want to tell you, I uhhh, send someone over to look out for Watson, I guess she's lonely too and you know, being lonely can result in depression", the speaker of space informed her, already seeing the mentioned visitor stopping by to wave hello at them, then walking towards the detective's room with the speaker's help. Sana went away, leaving the visitor alone in front of the door. At this point she had to knock on Amelia's bedroom door...

"Hello, come in", Watson yelled to make sure the person in front of the door heard her. To her surprise, she was happy seeing the visitor opening the door and closing it calmly. Watson couldn't believe it was her out of all people and went straight out of the bed to hug her.

"Hello stinky, heard you not feeling alright, so I came here to keep you company", the blonde hugged her tighter, letting out some muffled cries out.

"I can't believe it...it's really you...I missed you so much Gura, I didn't know whether you were alive or dead"

"Oiii Watson, only because I'm small doesn't mean I'm easy to die", Gura said jokingly, it made Amelia laugh and calm down a bit.

"I've just been busy in Atlantis you know, there have been strange things going on recently", the shark added, her voice changed into a confusing tone. However before talking more, they broke the hug and went to sit on the soft comfy bed.

"I try to find out the culprit days ago, who had been killing and eating the fish in Atlantis, I feel like each day I wake up, it gets less and less", Gura explained, still confused at what was happening in the ocean. Suddenly Amelia's eyes showed shock, she maybe thought of something that matched together.

"We have the same issue here....a large amount of people die in cities...the coordination are almost all alike...I found what looked like black fur, but analyzing it gave me the result of DNA...and it matched with no species at all...no human, no animal...nothing", the detective panicked yet again, the white-haired girl could relate to those actions of hers.

"It already killed three of the chosen ones...they didn't even reach their full potential at all"

"So it means....it can kill us too, probably even the strongest of us...you, me, Calli, Kiara, even Ina and in the worst case....", Gura tried finding her words...but saw Amelia nod in pure fear....

"Yes Gura....it can probably even kill the council members...", blurted the detective out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 492 25
「Why? Why her? Why not me?」 「You're mine!」 「YOU think that I'm joking?! You know what? Let me just show you what I meant by that!」 「If I can't have y...
2K 80 12
There was a whole lot of things out in the world. None quite as crazy as some others. Such as Atlantis, A Priestess, and many... many other anomalie...
26.2K 517 23
2 male members join Hololive and were placed into the Holocouncil, however Ouro Kronii and Hakos Baelz were familiar with them since they were relate...
57.5K 1.1K 49
Izuku Midoriya struggled with life, to say the least, ever since he was announced quirkless,he lost everyone,everyone that he cared for.His best frie...