catgirl ! crushed (nightwing)...

By lucyluhvs

3rd book in the main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: After things g... More

«intro»
«prologue»
«chapter one: a new team»
«chapter two: run-ins and rescues»
«chapter four: santa prisca»
«chapter five: companions»
«chapter six: shadows»
«chapter seven: questions»
«chapter eight: friends»
«chapter nine: trust»
«chapter ten: the circus»
«chapter eleven: what now»
«chapter twelve: the past»
«chapter thirteen: the team»
«chapter fourteen: thanksgiving»
«chapter fifteen: bad ideas»
«chapter sixteen: brooke's plan»
«chapter seventeen: meta-brawl»
«chapter eighteen: anti-life equation»
«chapter nineteen: family annoyances»
«chapter twenty: getting under someone's skin»
«chapter twenty-one: memories»
«chapter twenty-two: anti-life»
«chapter twenty-three: bedlam»
«chapter twenty-four: revision»
«chapter twenty-five: starting over»
«chapter twenty-six: a celebration»
«chapter twenty-seven: more problems»
«chapter twenty-eight: one of ours»
«chapter twenty-nine: a caged cat sings»
«chapter thirty: complications»
«chapter thirty-one: game night»
«chapter thirty-two: rescue and search»
«chapter thirty-three: date night?»
«chapter thirty-four: ego and superego»
«chapter thirty-five: zenith and abyss»
«chapter thirty-six: over and out»
«chapter thirty-seven: back in gotham»
«chapter thirty-eight: consequences»
«chapter thirty-nine: waking up»
«chapter forty: making moves»
«chapter forty-one: getting him back»
«chapter forty-two: going after him»
«chapter forty-three: empty threats»
«chapter forty-four: slipping away»

«chapter three: keeping the peace»

1.1K 45 54
By lucyluhvs

___________________

___________________

NIGHTWING'S POV

'Recognize: Pierce, Jefferson G-01'

"Good, We're all here." I say as Jefferson steps through the Zeta-tube.

"All?" Jefferson asks, looking around with a raised eyebrow, "Where's Conner?"

"Mending fences with M'gann," I explain shortly, feeling a little bad about taking him away from her for a while.

Jefferson raises an eyebrow at my words, "Didn't know their fence was broken..."

"It's not so much broken as left unattended for too long," Artemis says rubbing the back of her neck uncomfortably. 

"Ah. Right," Jeff huffs, "Lynn and I had 'fence problems' before the divorce."

I cross my arms and without thinking I say, "I didn't know I had 'fence problems'."

Before Artemis and Jeff can say anything though, Brion interrupts.

"Must we maintain the "fence" metaphor, or can we find out why we've all been summoned?" He says impatiently.

"Okay. I need you to maintain your cool." I cross my arms over my chest, "We've located someone who might have some intel on the League of Shadows."

"Your ex?" Jefferson questions causing me to grimace.

"No."

I don't even know where to look for her. Or if she would help. Not now anyways.

"Meaning we'll finally find my sister?" Brion says, managing to ignore the comment about my ex, which I am thankful for. "That's wonderful!

"Not so wonderful." Artemis says cutting in, "The intel would be from my sister."

"Lian's mother? That's great!" Halo says, clearly not knowing much about Cheshire.

"Not so great. She may not be very cooperative." Artemis explains.

"Not very cooperative? That's excellent!" Forager smiles, causing everyone to look at him confused. His smile falls as he says, "Not so excellent?"

"No." We all say together.

"Forager is good at this game," He responds whisper to Halo, very clearly not understand his game.

"Our understanding is she's wounded. A cornered animal. That makes her dangerous." Artemis narrows her eyes, obviously not super excited about her sister being hurt.

Cheshire did what Catgirl did. She left after trying to live a normal life. Maybe I should have known after she left that Cat would too.

Will tried to talk about it and bond over it when I asked him for help recently. He got the hint that I was less than excited to talk about it. He dropped it, but I didn't miss his glances.

"Are we going or not?"  Brion asks, frustrated.

Artemis and I share a look before we nod and tell them to go get ready.

When it's just Artemis and I, she turns to me, "You know, If Jade is hurt, Cat may..."

Catgirl may be there. She may be helping her.

I fight down any feelings that brings forward, the filling ache in my chest, the hopefulness anticipation in my stomach that I hate, all of them.

"And she may not." I say, trying to move out the door but Artemis grabs my shoulder, stopping me.

"If she isn't, Jade may know where she is." She says, making me clench my jaw. "Dick, I don't think Brooklyn would just leave without a reason. It's not like her. She cares about you too much for that." She mutters quietly.

I close my eyes and try to not think about it, but I can't. I can still picture her. I can't get her out of my head.

I sigh and move out the door. "It's time to go."

___________

When we get there, it seems that the doctor is done fixing Cheshire up.

Brion manages to melt the plane's wheels so it can't fly off as Shade and another girl glares at us.

"So you're Black Lightning. Heard you quit the Justice League." Wire studies Black Lightning before she scoffs, " Must've known you were obsolete."

I leave them to fight, trying to find Cheshire, but run into a girl instead.

She gasps when she sees me coming, and I start trying to attack her.

Before I can land a hit on her, she turns into fog, meaning all of my kicks and hits aren't working.

I keep going though, incase she turns back.

"Wearing yourself out?" The girl asks, almost smug.

"It's a two-way street, kid." I huff out," I can't touch you. But you can't touch-"

I cut off as her hands land two punches too me, making me fall back on my back.

Before I can move, her hands go around my neck, her cutting off my air supply.

My eyes widen as panic sets in my chest, my hands trying to push her off, but the rest of her is mist, I can't get her off.

"Sorry. Really don't want to do this..." She says, but so can't respond as black dots start to cloud my vision. "Sorry. Really sorry."

I use the last bit of focus I have to calm myself down enough to get a gadget out to freeze her.

I do and she says, "Ow! That hurts!"

The mist I released from my gadget mixes with hers and starts to make a cracking sound as she is turned into ice.

I look up at her to make sure she doesn't get out of it before I lay back and groan, giving myself a few moments to recover, my chest breathing shallowly.

Finally, I push myself up and go find my team, only to find Brion missing and Halo and Forager staring at Shade.

"Geo-Force! Return him now!" Halo says desperately, and I know what happened.

Shade smiles, "Mmm, no. I think we'll just keep him bottled for a while." His grin widens as he adds, "Or forever."

I get ready to attack just as Halo starts flowing white. That's new.

"Bring him back! You have to bring him back!"She says and starts flying, a blinding light coming off of her and attacking Shade.

Shade grunts, holding it off with his shadows for a few moments before he screams and his shadows crack.

And as Shade disappears, Brion come out his his shadow, Halo having saved him.

I let out a breath of relief before I look around, hoping Artemis found her sister. And, even if I don't want to, I hope she found someone else too.

___________

ARTEMIS' POV

"Get out of here! You have no right-" I punch him in the face, knocking him out. I'm not in the mood.

"It seems the Doctor is out." Cheshire mutters, her shoulder having just been patched up.

I study her for a few moments before I sigh and say, "I'm glad you're alive. But I have three questions and one statement. Who is running the League of Shadows now? And from where?"

Cheshire sighs at my words, getting her stuff together, "You know I have no loyalty to the Shadows, but I honestly don't know who's running them. I do know they're being run out of Santa Prisca. Happy?" She says turning back to me, holding her bad shoulder.

"Ecstatic." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

She looks to me and then too the side, "How's... How's Lian?"

"Oh, well," I step closer to her, my voice raising, "that brings me to my statement. Go see your kid!" I exclaim.

Cheshire's face snaps to mine as she shakes her head, "Come on, sis. We both know she's better off without me."

I sigh at that. I know that's the reason she left, that she thinks that is true. And I can't exactly blame her for thinking that with Sports-master being our dad. I just wish she knew that wasn't true.

"You're her mother!" I exclaim.

She puts on her Cheshire mask before turning to me, "But I'll always be Cheshire first." She moves to leave but stops, "You said three questions, you only asked two."

I sigh, "Brooklyn, is she-"

"I didn't know she wasn't still with your team." Cheshire turns back to face me. "How long-"

"A year. She left according to Nightwing. We don't know anything else." I tell her, frowning.

There were times where we wanted to go look for her. Wally talked us out of it, saying she would come back and we should give Dick and her privacy to figure it out, but M'gann, Conner, Kaldur and I weren't ever really convinced it was the right thing to do.

If she had needed help and we weren't there... I can't even think about it.

I can't tell what Jade is feeling because of her mask, but when she speaks, there is an edge to it, "She is either in hiding for a good reason, or she is dead."

By the tone of her voice, I knew she hoped it was the former. I did too.

"See you later, sis." She says as Shade appears, "Hug...Hug Lian for me." She mutters before her and Shade disappear.

I sigh, wishing I had more information.

I press the communicator, " Nightwing, Cheshire and Shade escaped. But I have Doctor Moon and the League of Shadows intel."

But no information on Brooklyn. Where did she go? And why didn't she tell anyone? What trouble did she get herself into?

I didn't want to admit it, but if she didn't tell any of us, any of her team, or my sister, I didn't know who she would have told.

And that means she has been on her own for a year. A lot can happen in a year.

____________

NIGHTWING' S POV
(a few days later)

I walk up to the others with my suit in a bag, noticing they are dressed for halloween. It has been a few days since we have gotten word about the League of Shadows being based out of Santa Prisca. Batman, Katana and Metamorpho went in to see if she was still with the Shadows and to see who was the new lead.

To everyone's dismay, it's Deathstroke.

That also means Brooklyn didn't run off and become the ruler of a secret and powerful organization of assassins.

That's a plus.

Maybe? I don't know anymore.

"Sorry, guys, but we're going to Greater Bialya, and we're going now. We have a solid lead on Tara Markov." I say looking at Brion.

"I'm ready." He says immediately. We have reached a sort of understanding at the moment, and it's nice not to have to fight him on everything.

"So am I." Violet smiles happily, " Though I would prefer to change into my Halo clothes first."

"Sorry, Violet." I frown, "I need you to stay here. In case Vic needs another Halo-Cleanse."

"See? Maybe being a potentially murderous freak is not such a good thing after all." Vic says bitterly. He recently joined the group staying here and, understandably is having a hard time being half FatherBox.

"But, but, Brion..." Violet stutters, looking at him in concern.

"He'll be all right." Jefferson reassures her and Dr. Jace who is looking at him.

"I'll watch over these two. Go. Save Tara." Dr. Jace says to Jefferson causing me to raise an eyebrow at the two. I heard they were getting um... cozy.

"Bio-Ship time." Conner says walking to the Bio-ship as a RV.

"Violet, I want you to know-" Brion starts, looking lovingly at her.

Is everyone coupling up now?

"No speeches, Prince." I say cutting him off, "We're going. Now!"

____________

Brion sulks as we head home.

"Brion, I know it-"

"You said she would be there!" He shout at me, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"She was!" I raise my voice slightly. "The source said she was, but I just got word that we missed her by a few hours. The League must have known we are coming for her so they took her back."

"Which means we lost her!" Brion pushes me back, causing Conner and Jefferson to step closer. I hold my hand up to stop them from trying to get in between us.

"Hey, we saved several kids tonight!" Conner defends, "And we will get your sister."

"When!?"

"Tomorrow." I say, surprising everyone.

"What?" Artemis asks, her eyes wide. "You mean-"

"I know what I mean. We are going to go go to Santa Prisca. We are going to go face the League of Shadows and get Tara back." I say crossing my arms.

"You don't-"

"Thank you!" Brion puts a hand on my shoulder, cutting off Conner's sentence. "Thank you."

I just hope I'm not making a horrible decision.

________________________________

A/N:
if you haven't seen season 3, i'm sorry this is probably confusing but you can either watch it or i can explain if you have any questions. you could also just read a summary.

the book isn't only going to follow season 3, so don't worry about that either. if it goes on long enough and i feel like i can fit cat into season 4 then i will write about season 4 too!

what i have planned actually fits into season 3 perfectly so i was really excited when i realized that.

this is probably the last update for this week :/
____

how are y'all feeling?
what do you think is going to happen on Santa Prisca?
do you think this is a good idea?
_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.8K 25
Just going to inform you that I am rereading this to get rid of as many grammatical errors as possible and that I'm also going through and fixing up...
520K 15.9K 50
book 1 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: Catgirl was raised by the one and only Cat...
571K 15.5K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
1.2K 50 19
I 've seen multiple stories about Tim Drake, so I thought I'd make one as well, huge fan of young justice. This book is dedicated to @ZeninaD Her sto...