π™·πšŽπšŠπš›πš, π™Όπš’πš—πš π™°πš—πš οΏ½...

By Madame_Diamond

||Ninjago x Reader|| We miss what we've lost, then forget what we have... You have lost your memories, they a... More

Chapter 1: Aches Of Amnesia
Chapter 2: Wandering Days
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Junkyard Brawl
Chapter 5: Never Trust So Easily
Chapter 6: Just A Can Of Peanuts
Chapter 7: Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
Chapter 8: King Of Snakes
Chapter 9: Mechanical Heart
Chapter 10: Spark
Chapter 11: Harmonize
Chapter 12: The Royal Blacksmiths
Chapter 13: New Roommate
Chapter 14: Light The Flame
Chapter 15: All Or Nothing
Chapter 16: Rise Of The Devourer
Chapter 17: Giant Snake Problem
Chapter 18: The Fall Of The Great Devourer
Chapter 19: Starting From The Bottom
Chapter 20: What You Have Is What You Need
Chapter 21: Dareth
Chapter 22: Yar, There Be Pirates
Chapter 23: Pirates Vs Ninja
Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie
Chapter 25: Double Trouble
Chapter 26: Ninjaball Run
Chapter 27: Child's Play
Chapter 28: Wrong Place
Chapter 29: Wrong Time
Chapter 30: Unresolved Wounds
Chapter 31: Stone Army Uprising
Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea
Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm
Chapter 34: Preparation
Chapter 35: Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Chapter 36: Countdown
Chapter 37: Loss Of Color
Chapter 38: Dawn Of A New Era
Chapter 39: Resurgence
Chapter 40: The Silent Fist
Chapter 41: Off The Grid
Chapter 42: Broken Bonds
Chapter 43: Golden Curse
Chapter 44: Digitalize
Chapter 45: Time Spent Together
Chapter 46: Among The Stars
Chapter 47: Titanium Heart
Chapter 48: Clockwork Heart
Chapter 49: Lost And Found
Chapter 50: Outsiders
Chapter 51: Meeting Of Old Friends
Chapter 52: Skepticism
Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game
Chapter 54: Raising The Stakes
Chapter 55: Black And Blue
Chapter 56: The Roundabout
Chapter 57: Nothing To See
Chapter 58: Everything Is Not What It Seems
Chapter 59: Regrets And Apologies
Chapter 60: The Unknown Element
Chapter 61: Where Your Loyalties Lie
Chapter 62: Only One Remained
Chapter 63: Stuck In The Present
Chapter 65: It's A Start In The Right Direction
Chapter 66: Money Under The Table
Chapter 67: Twist And Turn Of Events
Chapter 68: Winds of Change
Chapter 69: Where Various Paths Collide
Chapter 70: Follow The Wind
Chapter 71: Weep Not For Roads Untravelled
Chapter 72: Stiix and Stones May Break My Bones

Chapter 64: Serendipity At Its Finest

6.2K 250 429
By Madame_Diamond

Song Quote: Know Me Too Well
"I spend my weekends tryna get you off My mind again, but I can't make it stop I'm tryna pretend I'm good, but you can tell 'Cause you know me too, you know me too well."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
When one hides their wounds, that doesn't mean they don't bleed. To weigh one's pain over another beings is a naive way of thinking. Do we not bleed the same?

But we never know how much blood is spilled unless we walk in someone else's shoes.

...

The door let out a soft click, allowing the fire ninja through. It didn't take long to find Lloyd holed up in their shared room. He was on the floor sitting at the table in the middle of the room with his back to the door.

"There you are" Kai smiled when he saw the blondie. "Lunch is ready, you should come and eat."

Lloyd didn't bother looking at him, instead shrugging his shoulders. "I'll eat later" he mumbles and refocuses his attention on the box of broken porcelain pieces before him.

Kai grimaced with his hands on his hips. He didn't even need to read the room to know what's wrong with the green ninja today.

Lloyd was still sulking from that fight he had with his mother this morning at breakfast. The fire ninja doesn't want to recall the awkward tension that filled the room.

Sensing distress from a mile away, Zane helped set the table and then went right for the door. Wu kept quiet in his own world. Drinking his morning tea with his waffles.

Then Kai and Nya were trying to keep the peace between the mother and son, Cole and Jay were trying to finish their food as fast as possible so they could leave.

What were they fighting about? Lloyd and Misako have been butting heads so much it's hard to keep track.

Most of the time, it always goes back to the loss of Sensei Garmadon and the lack of (Y/n)'s presence.

Today, Lloyd's mother made a comment about the very teapot he's repairing right now. Misako dropped it the other day when they were moving boxes into the tea shop.
It was Garmadon's favorite jade teapot.

The fire ninja strode deeper into the room, taking a spot on the floor next to the green ninja to watch him work.

Lloyd didn't mind his presence, instead focusing on the pieces of green porcelain in his hands.

"What's up? Is there something you need?" Lloyd broke the silence without glancing in his friend's direction. Kai doesn't just do anything without a reason to.

The fire ninja leaned his head into his palm. "Just checking up on you bud. How are you holding up?" he asks in a more sincere tone than he usually uses.

"You don't need to check on me. I'm fine" Lloyd replies without emotion as he sighs. "It's nothing new" he mutters under his breath.

It went silent between the two before Kai hatched a new idea.

The fire ninja perked up saying "Hey, let's get out of the house today. You look like you could use some fresh air."

Lloyd raised an eyebrow "And do what? Patrol?" He was only half listening as he added more glue and held two broken pieces of porcelain together.

"Oh, we could go to that arcade in Ninjago city? I heard they added some new machines" Kai thought aloud as he couldn't stop the somewhat smug smile forming on his face.

"Or-"

"We could go visit (Y/n)?"

Lloyd's heart betrayed him. It jumped out of his chest making his hands snap the glues pieces of porcelain into more pieces.

"V-visit?" His voice came out higher than he would have liked. The green ninja took a deep breath to recollect himself.

"You know we can't do that. We've been over this Kai" Lloyd reminded the fire ninja as he glared at the broken pieces.

The fire ninja huffed "Why not? What's stopping you from apologizing and settling this with her?"

Lloyd averts his eyes, looking at his lap as his emotions stirred inside him. "She doesn't want to see me or any of us after what happened" he answers.

"How do you know? You didn't even ask her because she seemed really happy to see Zane the other day" Kai retorted "I still don't believe that's the case."

The fire ninja couldn't believe that (Y/n) hated their guts. Yeah, she has every right to be upset with them. Lloyd for obvious reasons and the other ninja for not stopping him from burning the book.
They could have handled the situation better.

"Zane's been gone for so long she has no reason to hate him. And did you forget how she froze when she saw me and ran away when you guys tried talking to her?"

Kai bit his lip in frustration. He couldn't even rebuke that. Her eyes were wide and frantic with fear. (Y/n) practically backed up like a caged animal, driving off before they could even greet her.

In the three ninja's excitement of seeing her again, (and slight jealousy of how much fun she was having with Zane) they failed to read the situation. They misjudged how awkward it would be to talk again.

They've barely had much contact with her in these past months.

"Still," the fire ninja broke the tense silence and stared right into Lloyd's eyes. "Avoiding each other forever isn't going to solve anything."

Something in Lloyd snapped. The green ninja's hands slammed on the table as he jumped to his feet. "Have you forgotten? I ruined her life!" He raised his voice and glared down at the fire ninja.

Lloyd could feel his guilt, his anger, grief and sadness swarm his brain once again. The unstable lock he uses to stow them away breaking with those undealt emotions eating him up inside.

His fire quickly extinguished as his shoulders sagged. "I can't just say sorry, and it'll be all good" Lloyd mustered as a lump formed in his throat.

He misses her. He misses his dad. He misses the way the three of them would drink tea from his father's jade teapot and joke around. The way the large training room would echo from their laughter at his dad's corny jokes and (Y/n)'s playful teasing.

He misses the times his dad would take them out to eat in Ninjago city as a treat. Then they would get ice cream and (Y/n)'s eyes would light up at the vast array of flavors.

He misses the times (Y/n) would hang out in his room just because they liked each other's company. Lloyd could be playing videogames and (Y/n) would be reading a book or drawing.

Part of him still mourns for his lost youth. After he grew into his role of being the green ninja, him and (Y/n) grew apart.

Lloyd took a deep breath, willing the tears that wanted to spill away. "I just wish I could take it back" he utters, looking at Kai who was now at his side with a solemn expression.

The fire ninja rubbed his back in assurance. "You can't, but you can make it right with her" he says firmly.

Lloyd looked at him confused. "How do I do that? I destroyed the spell book that could've restored her memories"

"Well, you can start off with an apology" Kai smirked at him. "Then we can help her in finding a solution. We own a tea shop now, so maybe we can brew up our own version of Remember Me Tea. We could also find someone willing to sell it to us" the fire ninja starts to list out some ideas.

"If that doesn't work, we could broaden her search in finding a spell that could do the job."

Lloyd's eyes slightly widened as he backed away. "I still don't feel right about magic" he utters as a chill ran up his spine.

"Your father said that (Y/n) is a sorceress. Plus, she knows more about it than any of us. Zane said it's worth learning more of instead of shunning it" Kai says.

Lloyd shook his head stubbornly. A trait that he hasn't grown of yet.
"That doesn't mean any of us should poke our noses in the wrong places. My father only used magic once in the past and look where that's gotten him..." he trails off.

Kai sighed, rubbing the back of his neck before speaking. He understands Lloyd's reservations, but he just wants to find a common ground.
"I will admit that magic can be dangerous, but so is our elemental powers. It depends on who's wielding it. You and I know too well how much power can corrupt someone..."

Such an emotionally driven sentence. Kai recalled the moment where he wielded the staff of elements. How he was high on power and belted out something so hurtful. How the fire ninja should have been the green ninja.

Meanwhile, Lloyd recalled the events that happened to his father. In Garmadon's thirst for power, he was banished and missed out on time with his son. His family was torn apart by his father's corruption.

"What would you do if she went down that path? Would you abandon her?" The fire ninja broke the silence without looking at Lloyd.

The blonde's eyes widened as he furiously shook his head. "No! Never! I-"
His heart throbbed at the mere thought of it. He could never let that happen.

Kai cut him off, his voice stern yet emotional. "I don't want to see her getting hurt as much as you do, but we can't control what others choose for themselves."

"We are only responsible for our own actions. Which is why we gotta have each other's backs in case someone goes off the deep end" He gives the green ninja a small positive smile.

"Does (Y/n) even want our help? We've only caused her trouble." Lloyd sighed, voicing his inner thoughts as his own mind and heart clashed. "At least she won't be put in danger."

Kai crossed his arms and chuckled with a knowing look.
"Unlikely."

"You know as well as I do, (Y/n) doesn't shy away from trouble." The fire ninja voiced with a tinge of nostalgia. He's known since day one that stubborn girl moves to the beat of her own drum. Always a step ahead of a ninja.

She'll fall into trouble as easily as she can pull herself out.

A flash of fear crosses Lloyd's face as he stays silent.

The fire ninja sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "The others told me not to say this and I know how much (Y/n) means to you, but..."

"You need to take her off that pedestal you have her on" he says bluntly, staring right into Lloyd's eyes. His intense gaze didn't waver which only emphasized how serious he was.

The green ninja froze under his gaze. His mind going blank as to what the fire ninja meant. "What?" was the only word that tumbled out of his mouth.

"She shattered your perfect and could do no wrong image of her when she lied and broke your trust" Kai goes on to explain what he means.

"That's why you were especially upset when we found out she was Chen's spy. You never thought she would do something like that, but she's human like the rest of us. And none of us are perfect."

"We all deserve some space and leniency to learn from our mistakes, so we don't repeat them."

"Both of you were grieving, which is why I think now is the time to find some common ground and heal" The fire ninja wraps up his point. His eyebrows knitted together sternly, yet his eyes were emotional and sympathetic.

Lloyd was completely silent. Shocked by Kai's thoughtful insight, and realization hitting him. his gaze hitting the floor as he absorbed the weight of the fire ninja's words.

Kai decided to leave the green ninja to reflect and have some time to himself. Lloyd didn't even react to his movement.

As Kai closed the door behind him, the sob that came from Lloyd didn't go unnoticed as the knob let out a soft click.

Not even three steps into the hallway and the fire ninja saw his friends right in front of him.
Cole leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a stone-faced expression.
Jay sitting on the ground playing with his hands despondently.
Lastly, Zane standing there with a look of worry as he made eye contact with the fire ninja.

They must have come over to fetch them when they didn't come for lunch. Either that, or they overheard Lloyd shouting and came to investigate.

And judging by their solemn expressions, they overheard.

They've definitely gotten better at sneaking. Kai didn't even hear any creaking coming from the floorboards.

Kai gestured with his head for them to follow him. Away somewhere that Lloyd or some nosey roommates couldn't hear.

"How do you think it went?" Jay whispered once they were sure it was just the four of them.

"He'll need time, but I think I got through to him..." The fire ninja replied as he lowered his gaze in thought.
In some ways, Lloyd still held onto bits of his childish personality. (Even though he refuses to admit it). Especially that stubbornness of his.

He's got the role of being the green ninja down, but he's still learning how to grow up and find his own independence.

In a way, the ninja are still his mentors. Teaching him what they know and trying to guide him when he doesn't know where to go.

They've been here supporting him through his grief, but they also want to lightly nudge him to at least talk and maybe find a resolution. For his own sake, and theirs.

Because being caught in the middle of a friend's feud, watching their suffering, is a feeling of hopelessness no one should feel.

You want to help them but can't without favoring one over the other.

~~~

Lloyd's intrusive thoughts would invade his mind at random times. Thoughts of course pertaining to (Y/n).

Of course, regret would soon follow suit. Guilt and grief taking hold of his mind with no real place to go.

How do you stop feeling like this when it was caused by your own hands? Even if they make amends, the look of heartbreak in her eyes may still plague his mind.

Grief and fear blinded him when all he wanted to do was protect her. He didn't want to lose her just like his dad.

'What am I supposed to do?' The thought would reverberate through his mind when he's alone cycling through his memories and their jumbled feelings.

Every time he tries to put into words what he could say to her, to apologize and reach out to understand, nothing comes to mind. So much to say, yet without a constructive way to put it, it'll fall apart like a house of cards.

So much uncertainty and fear of rejection holding him down. In a way, he hasn't avoided her to give her space. Maybe it was his own way of punishing himself. Or perhaps cowardice.

As though he doesn't deserve her to forgive him, because he hurt someone important to him. Or he's scared of what she'll say.

The fog of his heart clouded his mind for two days. When he wasn't patrolling or helping out with the finishing touches of the tea shop, he was in his shared room.

He would lie in bed, enveloping his trusty dolphin plush closely. His arms enveloping the small stuffed animal preciously.

This was the only way he knew how to cope by himself. When he couldn't have someone by his side to hear him out.

When Lloyd finally came down to eat something, the kitchen wasn't as crowded as it usually was. Only Nya who was making herself a sandwich with a cup of iced tea.

According to her, the missing four ninja left for Ninjagocity for important business.

"Unbelievable" Lloyd sighed, facepalming when he put the pieces together.

~~~

Your Pov:
Slamming the secret door behind you, you stood there in the alleyway with a disgruntled demeanor. You blow a raspberry of disappointment as you rip the ornate white and gold mask from your face.

"That place was a bust" You grumble and pocket the disguise in your bag.

The underworld of trading, aka the black market. The place you go to in search of hard to procure items. Yet they didn't even have ancient artifacts, much less a spell book.

What a waste of time.

They only sold wares that have been discontinued by their manufacturer, stolen goods or rare imports that have had the price marked up.

You couldn't even find someone that could sell you Remember Me Tea.

Maybe you should send a tip to the police, but eh you don't have the energy to. It's only petty thievery and others just trying to get by.
Nothing truly illegal, but you might be desensitized from all the villains trying to take over Ninjago with their snake cults or robot armies.

As long as no one's causing any problems, who are you to judge? That's up for an actual judge, not you.

Stepping out of the alleyway onto the sidewalk, you took out your phone to call up Skylor. Even if the place was a bust, you wanted to thank her for the directions and the lead.

After a couple of moments, she answered the call with a sense of delight in her voice. It was a little muffled, so you figured the red head was working with her cell phone pressed in between her shoulder and cheek.

You informed her of what you found at the market, noting your lack of results in your search.

"On the bright side, I snagged some grapes from that fruit import stand. Apparently, these are supposed to taste like cotton candy." You say lightheartedly, gripping the reusable bag in your hand a bit tighter.

"Ooh, I've always wanted to try those" she cooed with interest before you heard a crash on her end of the call.

In that moment, you made a mental note of giving her a portion of grapes. You'd have to rinse them off at home and package them beforehand.

Who else would like to try these grapes? Not Zane, Echo or Mindroid. Definitetly Dareth and maybe Griffin.

'Jay would love these.' The thought passed through your head. If they made vegetables taste like this, he wouldn't make such a fuss.

"Sorry," Skylor apologized when she spoke into the phone again. "One of my new employees dropped a couple bowls."

"Oh, no worries" You say lightly and ask, "Are they okay?"
Skylor explains that it was just a small accident. No one was hurt, so it's okay.

You listen to Skylor talking about work. How running her father's noodle shop is anything but easy. From ordering supplies, managing money and people, to balancing work and her personal life.

It was nice listening to the redhead rant and rave about the restaurant. She seems passionate about her work, and you're all here for it.

Skylor even talked about the new menu she's putting together and asked for your input. You couldn't stop the smile that crossed your face when she went on a tangent on how she wants to change the ramen recipe to perfect the taste.

It wasn't until thirty minutes of walking and your apartment building coming into view, did she notice she's been talking your ear off. You had to fight off the soft chuckle at her sheepish apology.

"It's okay. I like hearing you talk about what you're passionate about" you smile into the speaker "You certainly made the walk home a lot more interesting."

At your words, you swore you heard muffled squealing on Skylor's end of the call. Was a pot of water overflowing on the stove? Skylor didn't say anything about it, so you decided to change the subject.

You finally remembered what you were originally calling about. "Anyways, thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to keep an eye on that place in case something new shows up" you smile looking around on the busy street before crossing. "Or if those people are up to trouble."

"Oh yeah," Skylor perked up at this. "Did you find any leads at least?"

You finally step through the doors of your apartment building and head up the stairs. They still haven't fixed that stupid elevator.

"According to that one thief running the stall with the fake trophies, there's a guy called Ronin living out in Stiix that might have something" you say in a quieter voice. Of course, unconsciously because now you're inside.

"Stiix? That's about a full day's worth of driving" Skylor thinks aloud.

"Yeah," you grimace "The haven for thieves and criminals. They better have something worthwhile, or I'll just be disappointed."

Reaching the fourth floor, you hung out in the stairwell with your back against the wall. In case one of your roommates decide to snoop in on your call.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Miss (Y/n) hanging out with criminals and thieves. What would the ninja say?" Skylor joked with a lighthearted tease in her voice.

"Nothing they can say, cuz it's not their business" you smirk as a chuckle escapes your lips. "And if I recall, you used to help run your father's criminal empire."

You smirked in satisfaction at the redhead's appalled gasp. "I wonder what you were up to running errands at the black market?" You add in.

You could hear the redhead rolling her eyes as a small tsk made its way through the call.
"Touché"

"Anyways, are you still up for dinner later? The others finally got some free time" she inquired changing the subject.

You check the time, it's only late afternoon. "Nope, nothing else on my plate except plan a road trip."

"Great it's a date!" Skylor chirped before freezing "I mean, a date as in we're all hanging out-"

You smile interrupting her explanation "Yup, I'll see you later Red."

"See you then..."

The call ends and you step out of the stairwell onto your floor. You shoot Pixal a text about possibly setting up cameras to keep an eye on that secret market.

Why? Someone's gotta keep an eye on criminal activity in the city while the ninja are having tea parties in their new home.

You pocket your phone and grab your keys before letting yourself into your shared apartment.

Walking past the living room, you spot Echo and Mindroid engrossed in their videogames on the big screen.

Shrugging to yourself, you go about your business with your first stop being the kitchen. You take the grapes out of the bag and give them a thorough wash in the sink.

You meticulously pick every single grape from each stem and place them in a bowl. Once that was done, you prepared a plastic container to gift some to Skylor.

When you finished and the remaining grapes are stored in the fridge, you were left with two airtight plastic containers. One with a red lid, another with a blue one.

~~~

It seems whenever you're anticipating hanging out with friends, time goes by agonizingly slower than any other day.

The time you agreed to meet up at Skylor's restaurant with the other elemental masters is not for another two hours.

You already cleaned the house, watered the plants and did some training, all of which amounting to only forty minutes since you've come home.

There are other ways to pass the time, but they might occupy too much of your time and attention they might make you late. So that marks videogames, drawing and reading from the list.

"I guess I could freshen up and get ready early" you thought to yourself after noting you were a little grimy from working out.
You take a little extra time in the shower and go through the effort of thoroughly drying your hair.

It's been a while since you've left the house for something that wasn't work related. As you went through the mundane routine of making yourself presentable, you started to get excited to see your friends again.

You had some music playing which added the extra pep in your movements. From swaying to the melody and singing along to the song. The time spent caring for yourself was something you didn't realize you needed.

Then you realized that's because you've never put a lot of time or effort into your appearance. The situation never allowed for it.

When you started mapping out your outfit, you started to get stuck on what would look nice. Jewelry or no jewelry?

This shirt or this one? No, that one has a hole in it.

Maybe you should try something new and not wear a jacket?

One glance at your reflection in the mirror tore that idea apart. Your burn scars flaring up as a reminder of your failure to master your powers.

"Jacket stays" you hum as you run a hand up your scarred arm to feel the sleeve of past burns. You decide to ditch the gloves and just bandage your hands for the occasion.

It has now come to your attention that you actually don't have a lot of clothes two choose from. Most of them heavily worn, torn or ripped from too close for comfort encounters.

Running a hand through your fluffy (h/c) hair, you let out a frustrated sigh. Since when did you start feeling so self conscious about how you looked, and to an extent, how you acted.

In your eyes, other girls are so pretty and fashionable. Wearing bright and dark colors with different combinations. Clothes and accessories that look pristine and without a single hole or scuff.

You never associated yourself as pretty, pretty average, but nothing more.

The time Cole called you cute came back to mind, but you pushed it away.

Pixal, Nya and Skylor are very pretty in your eyes.

You remember hanging out in Nya's room back on the bounty. You're sitting on the floor with your back against her bed, chatting with her while she's putting on her favorite makeup. Topping off her look with her iconic red lipstick.

When you think of that memory, you're able to pull another one from the deeper part of your mind. One where you're sitting in the car with your mother.

You're holding up her handheld mirror while she's putting on her eyeshadow. Then she'd put her mascara on before her lipstick. Then when she's done, she'd put her sunglasses on if it's sunny.

It was a familiar sight that fascinated you. Both individuals doing the same motions and using color to enhance the beauty already there.

You have some makeup, though it's been terribly unused. One palette still in its original packaging. Oops.
It was a gift from Nya too. Extra oops.

Deciding to try something new, you decided to play around with the color and apply some to your face. You took reference from the way those two applied it.

In a way, it's like adding paint to a canvas. Matching shades of color to the natural pigment of your eyes and face. It was a way to express yourself.

You'd like to feel pretty just like the way you see your friends.
If not anyone, just for yourself.
And is it so wrong to want to feel confident in your own skin? With or without makeup, it doesn't really matter as long as your happy right?

Once you were done, you stared at your reflection in the mirror. For the first time in a while, you liked who you saw. The face you were born with, the one that's yours and belongs to no one else.

You only ever called your friends or mother pretty. For once, you can say with a full heart that's how you see yourself right now.

Feeling a stroke of confidence, your heart felt light and ready to face the world again. "It's like war paint" you joked to yourself after putting some (chapstick, tint, lip gloss or lipstick) on your lips. Dry lips are not a laughing matter.

You slightly jolted when you heard the doorbell. Last you checked you were meeting your friends there, so there's no reason for someone to pick you up.

Part of you wondered if Dareth locked himself out again. You shrugged it off as you heard Echo answer the door.

You put on your jacket and shoes before taking a last-minute glance in the mirror. Something about today has really brightened your mood.

You feel more assured, like you can keep moving forward with your head held high. You make a mental note in the back of your head to try new things more often.

Slipping on your satchel, you walk past Arie's terrarium. Her black eyes watching as you put a hand in her heated enclosure. The lavender snake hums your name and nuzzles into your hand affectionately.

A sigh escapes your lips as. "At least I know you'll be around Arie" you say to the snake. If you can't count on people, you can at least take solace your pets will follow you to the ends of the earth.

Your ears prick up at the sound of shouting.

Instinct already putting your feet into motion as you run out of your room towards the noise.

"Echo! What's going on?" You call as you rushed out of the hallway into the main area.

Stopping in your tracks, you freeze in place when you see the four distinctly colored ninja standing at your front door.

Then when you turn your head, you see Echo trying to restrain an angry Mindroid. The shorter nindroid fighting in his grasp with his potted cactus in one hand.

"No! Mindroid! We do not throw plants at friends!" Echo cried out scolding his friend as he tried to grab the potted plant away.

Mindroid didn't care as he continued fighting in his grasp, cursing out a series beeps as he does so.

Right when you go to step in and calm the two down, the cactus flies out of Mindroid's grasp and into the air towards the four ninja.

Jay lets out a cry as his eyes shut tight. He reaches his arms out to protect himself from the impact.

.

..

...

"Uh, Jay you can open your eyes." Cole tells the blue ninja, prompting him to do so.

He slowly opens his eyes and the master of lightning jolts at the spiky cactus floating in his face. The lilac aura swirled around the plant, the same light that reflected in your eyes.

The ninja's focus shifted from the floating plant to your frozen stiff form.

You had moved out of a protective instinct. Quickly raising your hand in the air and clenching a fist as you used your power to catch the plant before it could hit Jay.

"..uh, hey (Y/n). You're looking good" Jay broke the silence with an awkward wave.

Letting out a deep sigh, your shoulders back rolled to a relaxed position as you kept a steel gaze on your uninvited "guests."
You focused your mind on the plant and used your power to hover and move the plant to a nearby table. It gently lands on the coffee table with a soft dink before the purple aura around it dissipates.

Unclenching your hand and lower your arm, you take a deep sigh as the momentary adrenaline fades out of your system. Too much happening at once.

The fire, earth, ice and lightning ninja could only wait in an anxious silence for what you will say or do next. They can wait a minute.

You cock your head to the side and give Mindroid a look of disapproval. "We do not throw innocent plants no matter how much we hate someone" You begin to scold, turning towards the nindroids with your back to the ninja. "It would be a waste on those people."

Mindroid stares back with those stubborn crimson eyes. "They deserve it for coming here without your permission. And for how they treated you."

Resting your hands on your hips, you let out a huff. You understand the sentiment, but that was overkill considering the clay pot might have actually smashed Jay's face in.

You make a disappointed face before nudging the nindroid to get moving. "Get on top of the fridge, don't come down until I say so" you order as punishment.

Mindroid gives you an indignant look before you repeat. "On top of the fridge! Shoo!" You raise your voice much to your own displeasure.

The nindroid skids off into the kitchen and begins climbing the counters. He climbs the fridge and sits there with his arms crossed in a silent pout.

With your back to the ninja, you could hear the slight shuffle of movement. When you close your eyes, you could sense their distinct auras. Still as radiant as ever.
You did not forget them for a moment.

"Why are you in my home?" You say before turning back to face them with your arms crossed. Each ninja stiffening at the slightest change in your movement. The awkward tension in the air starting to get to you and them.

"If Zane wants to see his brother, he could have come by himself." You continue, lightening your tone a bit. "No reason to bring most of the team."

What's the occasion? Ninjago's in trouble again? Need another favor from your friendly neighborhood wanderer? Funny how they show up when you're finally moving on from the heartache of losing your friends.

And of course, when you're supposed to leave in an hour.

You'd laugh at the serendipity of it all, but who's to say if this is a happy accident.
However, you have to keep a stone cold look on your face, so you won't.

Cole nudged Kai to start talking. The fire ninja awkwardly clearing his mouth before stepping forward.

The fire ninja spoke in a gentle apologetic tone "We actually came here to talk to you about-"

"What did I do wrong this time?" You sharply interrupt. Red hot bitterness coming through your tone making you want to slap yourself.
It slipped out. What you look at their faces, you're reminded of your anger and embarrassment from that day.

Except Zane, you hold no ill will towards the ice ninja. You can't help but keep a guard up since they only show up whenever they want you to do something for them.

Cole quickly spoke up and denied that. "No, nothing at all. It's what we did wrong."

"Us four would like to apologize for what happened before" Zane adds in. "If that's okay with you."

You had half a mind to just throw them out of your house. One for coming unannounced and two because of your own bitterness.

Your stone cold frown fumbles when you look at the Titanium nindroid's bright glowing blue eyes. His gaze piercing through and stirring up your own lingering emotions.

"Please, they don't mean harm. I know you miss them too" Echo whispered as if to reassure you that it's safe.

"Shush, Echo" you whisper back in case they heard him, your nerves getting to you. The nindroid didn't leave your side, holding onto the hem of your jacket as silent assurance.

You swallow the lump in your throat. Deep breath in...

Deep breath out.

"Alright" you relent, gesturing for them to continue "Go ahead."

The four ninja each share a look, silently confirming if they're on the same page.

Kai began. "We're sorry for not stopping Lloyd from the burning spell book. We should have taken more control of the situation instead of letting it get out of control."

"We should have realized how much your memories meant to you, instead of accidentally disregarding your feelings." Cole sympathized adding in "Your amnesia should have been handled with more care and you shouldn't have to bear the weight alone."

"And we are idiots for not noticing that you were struggling sooner" Jay piped in honestly.

"You are our friend, our ally and just because you're not a ninja, that doesn't make you or your input any less important" Kai says.

"And we should definitely listen and trust your judgement more" The blue ninja added in once again.

The fire ninja nods and continues, "Agreed. Magic isn't something we should judge you for. Elemental powers have proven to be just as dangerous because of who wields it, but that doesn't mean all users have bad intentions"

"If anything, we should open our ears and maybe we'll learn something new" Zane acknowledges with a hopeful smile.

"From the bottom of our hearts, we are sorry" Cole finishes and bows his head apologetically. The red, blue and white ninja follow suit, all four kneeling in front of you with their heads down.

You were taken aback by the gesture. Honestly not expecting them to practically grovel at your feet. It's kind of awkward on your end.

You also didn't expect Jay to hold out a bouquet of flowers for you to take.

You very much recognize the flowers that made up the rather colorful arrangement. Purple Hyacinths, pink Carnations, yellow Roses with little Lily of the Valleys and Forget Me Nots poking through in between the stems.

Flowers that point to different meanings yet convey a heartfelt message when put altogether. It's an apology bouquet.

Your bitter resolve softens.

"We're also sorry for avoiding you. In trying to give you space to grieve and keep the peace with Lloyd, we ended up neglecting you" Zane adds in breaking the silence of the room.

Your heart ached as emotions bubbled in your chest just standing there. Slowly taking the bouquet into your trembling hands, you felt a jolt of emotion coming from their auras.

You could feel their regret and sadness, sympathy and care coming from deep within their souls. Their apology is genuine.

A smile slowly bloomed on your face "You guys are dorks" the words slip from your lips as you fall to your knees in front of the ninja.

All four looking up with a mixture of confusion and worry, they froze when you wrapped your arms around them in one big hug.

"Stupid," you uttered, voice cracking up. "Stupid dorks."

They didn't say anything, but prompted by your small sniffle, the ninja returned the hug.

Your heart still hurt, yet you were happy. It's a bittersweet feeling.
Part of your anger towards the ninja didn't even come from how they dealt with Lloyd, it was because it felt like your friends abandoned you.

Despite that, you still missed them.

You relished in the embrace before pulling yourself together. The bouquet in your hand crinkled as you gripped it tightly. You pulled away from the embrace before they get carried away.

Meeting each ninja's hopeful gaze, you give them a thin lined smile. "I accept your apology, but I cannot forgive you guys fully yet." You say honestly, watching their shoulders deflate.

You aren't going to let Pixal's and Dareth's advice go to waste. The two were always telling you that when approaching this, you should put yourself first instead of minimizing your feelings.

The feelings of hurt and abandonment still prevalent within you. You can't resume your friendship with the ninja like they don't exist.

Your resentment and bitterness won't disappear overnight. Time and effort will heal all wounds.

Their apology was definitely a start in the right direction.

"But," you continue. "I want to try being friends again."

Clutching the flowers close to your chest, you smile warmly at your friends. "I'm gonna hang out with the other elemental masters for dinner. Would you guys like to join me?"

The way their eyes lit up at the invitation is one of those sights that will forever shine like gold in your memories.

~~~

Details that were not mentioned in the chapter, but I'll list them here for fun:
-The ninja's plan was to get Lloyd to come with and talk to her, but since he refused, they decided to at least apologize for their own actions.

-Skylor becoming a flustered mess over the phone and even silently (not really) squealing to herself.

-The cotton candy grapes bit is a reference to what Jay said in the last voyage back in season 2. It's when the ninja are wondering what's on the dark island. Jay wonders if it has any "Vegetables that taste like dessert?"
-(Y/n) remembered that when she bought the grapes.

-The ninja bickering in a flower shop. All four trying to pick out flowers that convey the meaning they're trying to get across and still look pretty.

-The flowers they picked out each *roughly* representing their signature colors. (Pink, yellow, white and blue)

-The ninja blushing when (Y/n) pulls them into a big group hug.

-Echo silently jumping for joy as Mindroid quietly watches from the fridge.

~~~

Author's note:
Hey what's up? It's ya Author 😜
I didn't mean to take so long to update oof. I get stuck on writing a scene and then the weeks just blow by. This is the actual chapter 64 instead of that April fool's joke chapter (which has now been deleted.)

Anyways, I hope this chapter was enough to make up for my absence. I definitely wanted to dive into the issues between (Y/n) and Lloyd. The ones that have been bubbling under the surface...

And an apology from the ninja! It's much easier for them to considering they were bystanders and trying to be neutral, hence why (Y/n) forgave them a bit quicker.
She just had to act a little stiff because that hurt still lingers. (She was slightly happy that they came to her first, but don't tell them that.)

Sorry for not enough angst with Kai, Cole, Jay and Zane, but it doesn't feel right to let it be dragged out throughout season 5. Also, I hope the length of the scene is good. If it went by too fast, my bad. I didn't want to drag out their apology either since a good apology should get right to the point.

Nya doesn't need to apologize because she was the only one that had (Y/n)'s back during that situation. :)

Miscommunication between (Y/n) and the ninja will be cleared up in the next chapter. :)

~~~

Upload date: April 5th 2022

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 570 13
I didn't ask for this. I asked for a break. I wanted a nice, relaxing year without anymore heartache in my life. No more people dying, no more sacrif...
1.1K 13 22
Long before time itself had a name the first dimension was forget by 18 elemental gods. but after a big corruption start to poison many of them and d...
575 23 20
Ninjago and Legend of Zelda (breath of the wild) x reader crossover. β€’~'°÷§--§÷°'~β€’ β€’~'°÷§--§÷°'~β€’ β€’~'°÷§--§÷°'~β€’ β€’~'°÷§--§÷°'~β€’ β€’~'°÷§--§÷°'~β€’ "Dear...
2.7K 54 7
*****REWRITING!!!! Marked as complete so people know I'm Not editing anymore!!!****** Not everyone gets a choice in who they want to be. Sometimes de...