TBATE: Blessed by Mana (Dropp...

By Duke_Aaron

After having successfully defeated the demon Zarged, responsible for the tragedy of the Elf tribe 500 years a... More

A/N - Licht's Appearance
Inspired by Blessed by Mana
1. End and Beginning
2. Little Achievements
3. Following the Beginner's Guide
4. Awaken with a BANG
5. Basic Training
6. Veteran Swordsman
7. First Sword
8. Ailwyn
9. A Tempting Offer
10. Rank Examination
12. Building Trust
13. Raid
14. Jasmine Flamesworth
15. Revelation
16. Acceptance
17. Dreams
18. Returning Home
19. New Beginnings
20. Four to Five
21. Fateful Encounter
22. Fated Encounter
23. Possibilities
24. Diviner
25. Not the only One
26. Diviner's Secrets
27. Laid Bare
28. Progress
29. Clashing Ideals
30. Responsibilities and Goals
No more Updates

11. Affinities

2.8K 127 35
By Duke_Aaron

Licht's POV 

After we received our licenses, we all were brought to an empty clearing outside of Valden City. There was a Teleportation Gate that would take us to wherever we wanted but Rey didn't wanted to head out right away. 

"First we will teach those two about our Safeguard Formation." Rey, his full name being Reynolds Leywin instructed the members.

Both me and Jasmine were visibly curious on what this Safeguard Formation is. It must be an important formation these people followed before taking any sort of action. Though the word 'safeguard' implied that this formation is mostly done to protect someone or something during times of emergency it seems.

"I saw both of your fighting styles and both of you are suited for single opponent combat." Reynolds directly spoke to us once we sat down in a circular position outside Valden. Right now, Reynolds's voice carried the authority with which he leads the team and not his usual goofy one. "The Safeguard Formation is for those times when we are attacked by a horde of mana beasts or let's say a group of bandits."

"There are times where adventurers are hired to act as security for some important goods being transported from one place to another or someone important that need to be escorted to their destination..." Helen took over. "..We follow the same formation."

She then took out an arrow from her quiver and with the arrowhead begin drawing on the ground. Her drawing skills were average as I was able to get the gist of what she wanted to explain. She used the first two initials of our names to explain how the members are assigned in the Safeguard Formation.

Angela is the last line defense given the fact that her defensive spells are strong preceded by Durden who uses his Conjurer skills for both attack and defense. Then alongside Angela and Durden, there is Helen who uses her ranged archery skills to keep enemies at bay, not even letting them close in at all. The left and right sides were occupied by the two Augmenters, Rey and Adam till now.

But now the formation went through a small upgradation. Now there would be two Augmenters on each side. Adam and Jasmine will be taking the right side while me and Reynolds would be taking the left.

"But what if we are surrounded from all four sides?" I inquired raising my hand.

"Then we get divided into one Augmenter each side, literally forming a square." It was Adam who answered this time. With his spear he made some changes in the rough sketch Helen made to explain us in an easier manner. "While Helen being an archer can take care of directing us as to from where our opponents will be popping up from."

Despite their low mana core levels they were an organized team leaving no room for mistakes when on mission or raiding a Dungeon. They are well-prepared for every situation and know how to adapt to sudden changes. It was a right decision accepting their invitation. I now have a good opportunity to learn everything about being an adventurer from them. They have the experience that easily compensates their low mana core level but one can quickly overcome that. They still have room to grow.

And if needed arises, I might as well share some tips on mana manipulation though it is going to be a little bit tricky when coming from an eight-year old. Though they just saw me take on an Adventurer triple my size and age, with Adam terming me as a Child Monster, I don't think they are going to be much suspicious about that.

"What about injuries?" 

Full three words! 

The hushed voice of Jasmine reminded me that she is sitting right beside me with her straight, expressionless face. It wouldn't have hurt to speak a little louder would it and not scare me out of my skin? I mean her voice didn't reach Adam though that must be due to his short attention span. Reynolds and Helen both somehow heard her loud and clear with the team leader proceeding to answer.

"If the injury is serious, it is wise to make a retreat but if not then we will just have to breakthrough whatever hurdle we are facing in the most effective and efficient manner." Reynolds quickly explained. "Don't worry you two will get used to everything slowly and steadily. There is no rush so take it easy."

"Now enough of that. I wanna know more about the little monster of our team." Adam straightened himself. "A dual-elemental and a swordsman. What else can you do?"

I had gotten used to being the center of attention at any moment ever since I was born. Being born in royalty doesn't help much in that regard does it? That was there are few royalty or nobility people who actually envious of the carefree life led by the commoners. So once again being the center of attention didn't faze me.

"Not to brag much...but I am a Tri-Elemental." I sheepishly admitted before spreading out my palm. Then with my precise mana control I formed small spheres of wind, earth and water.

"HOLY SHIT!" Rey swore with his eyes wide with surprise after I dispersed the elemental spheres. 

"Dark Orange and a tri-elemental..." Angela muttered, unsure of what to say anymore.

I spared a look at Jasmine and even she had an expression of surprise on her face. A change from her usual stoic face. She is not the expression, cold girl I previously assumed her to be. Maybe she speaks less and stays silent most of the time but that doesn't mean she is an alien to basic things.

"I can help you all find out your elemental affinities if you want to." I offered. "Then you all can work on those."

"Wait you can do that?!" Helen inquired, still not fully believing my words. "Doesn't one need to go through various tests for that? Also I heard that affinities come to mages naturally when their core reaches Orange Stage.."

"Mhm.." Jasmine agreed with the archer.

"My grandfather taught me a way out to find out without such testing." I went on to explain it in simpler terms. "In most cases it is easily deduced by observing one's fighting style. For example, Jasmine here with her swift and nimble movements is sure to have affinity for Wind."

Though I found it a bit strange. If she is from the Flamesworth House which is famous for producing the continent's best Fire mages then shouldn't her affinity be towards Fire? But seeing her fighting style it doesn't seem to be the case. The world of magic is big and wide and the chances of uncertainties or new possibilities are endless.

"Good guess.." 

"It wasn't a guess. I myself figured it out observing your fighting style."

"I don't believe you."

"I don't care whether you believe me or not. Your believing doesn't change anything."

Can anyone clarify me how am I surprisingly acting my physical age while bickering with the usually quiet Jasmine who is shockingly running her mouth well enough.

"Then find out Adam's or leader's affinity." She pointed to the two Augmenters. "Then test your guesses in the Guild Hall."

"Challenge accepted."

"Wow, just wow." Helen's rather shocked voice made both of us turn our heads to face her. Not only her but other members of Twin Horns too were gaping at us.

"Jasmine spoke..." Angela started.

"....continuously for like one and a half-minute..." Adam completed.

Aren't they making a big deal out of it? And was Adam seriously taking note of the time? Why the hell is Rey giving me a thumbs up sign!? Durden at least say something!

I spared a glance at Jasmine who had already hid her face in a black cloak she has in her possession. Is she embarrassed or for better choice of words flustered?

"Can someone actually elaborate on what just transpired?" I asked to no one in particular.

"You see." Helen put an arm around my shoulder. "Jasmine isn't the type to talk much and this is the first time we have seen her having a conversation for this long."

"Oh." 

Now their reactions made sense....a little bit of sense. I would still say they sort of went overboard with the reactions but I cannot blame them. Jasmine must have really been the anti-social one in this group of extra social bees. So her speaking out loud and expressing herself through words must have thrown the others off.

"Shall we get back to the topic of finding out your affinities?" I asked to change the subject. Nothing came up my mind related to this topic so I just decided to change the subject. It would also make Jasmine feel less comfortable for now.

Everyone looked at one another before I pointed at the dagger user who was still hiding her face in her cloak. She really doesn't like being the center of attention. Understanding the situation, they nodded and went on to take turns to find out their elemental affinities.

________________________________________

I spent the next few hours sparing against every member of Twin Horns minus Jasmine, who had finally poked her head out of the cloak seeing that the topic had shifted away from her holding a long drawn conversation or better word argument with someone. She went on to be the audience for our little rounds of friendly spars. 

Taking turns I fought every member and stated what element they are more likely to have affinity for. The list went like this --

Durden, with his balanced defensive and offensive fighting style - Earth

Helen, with her quick shooting of arrows and precise aim added with her mana control - Wind

Reynolds, with his explosive and power-packed fighting style involving his gauntlets that nearly made me remember that examiner again. - Fire

Adam, with his flexible movements and how he maneuvers his spear, not to mention his quick reflexes - Water

Angela, her barriers are rather strong and even if by any chance they are broken down, they still give off a recoil impact on breaker to whoever the close-ranged fighter will be breaking it - Definitely Wind

"Now that logic is added to our fighting style and how he put it....I think he is right." Adam muttered, staring intently at his spear as if some sort of hint or answer is going to pop out from the weapon.

"We have to keep up with our usual fighting styles but with more input of mana, keeping in the mind about the result we need from it." Helen concluded. "But I still believe that all that will come to a mage naturally."

"Yeah it does come naturally but that process is slow and there are times it may takes ages for that." I explained. "With proper training one can accelerate their growth rate."

"I am gonna give whatever he said a try." Reynolds decided. "There is no harm in it and from how he said it, I think it will benefit us in the long run. What do ya all say?"

"I am in already! I wanna see what kind of flashy moves I can pull off." Adam gave a goofy grin before giving me a thumbs up sign. "We will be in your care, little champ."

"And I will be in your care as well." I slightly bowed my head in front of them. "Despite being more knowledge in the fields of magic, I have yet to learn things about adventuring, how to work in a party/team and what Dungeons are like. I wish to learn all that from you."

"Oh my! So well-mannered and humble." Angela cooed before grabbing me and pulling me in her more than just ample bosom....aka death trap. "A gentleman material through and through."

While my perverted side (I have no idea whether I had such a side or not) claimed that it felt like heaven, I literally am having difficulty in breathing here! Somebody help!

"Angela. He is having difficulty in breathing." 

Dependable Durden to the rescue! He grabbed me by my collar as Angela loosened her hold on me. The tall, burly mage then put me down and dusted me off before giving a reassuring grin.

Yeah a real guardian angel.

"Now with that underway, I have decided our plans for the next few weeks." Reynolds cleared his throat and his leader persona took over again. "We have taught Jasmine and Ailwyn on our standard formation but we have yet to see how they will fare in the Dungeon and if there are things that needed to be worked on. We will be exploring D and C-rank Dungeons for that. I hope it okay for everyone?"

Reynolds's decision made sense. Since we both joined in, their original team will undergo some changes and they will have to adapt to it. Same goes for us who have just joined in and are newbies in literal sense. We too will have to adapt to their way of fighting and learn how to deal with mana beasts in a Dungeon. Even if the Dungeon drops and rewards from clearing low-ranked Dungeons at first will be low, it will be beneficial in the long run when our team moves on to higher-ranked Dungeons. 

"Agreed!" We all responded in chorus with the exception of Jasmine who simply gave a confirmative nod. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549 120 35
[ U N E D I T E D V E R S I O N] ''We're running out of time! And you want me to leave you behind?....'' The soft silence engulfed the forest not a...
142K 2.6K 59
After defeating Agrona, Arthur Leywin finally comes back to a Dicathen that is finally in a time of peace. But divides between the races, and the nee...
9.4K 467 53
𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 '𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆' 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 A lifetime of grief. A thousand years of waiting. Enough torment...
6.8K 206 36
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I DO NOT ALLOW MY STORIES TO BE POSTED ELSEWHERE. I DO NOT POST ANY STORIES IN OTHER PLATFORMS. ~××~ ♡✎ ❝ Sor·row·ful ❞ ✎♡ ...