Classic Rock Imagines

By NothingLeftToLose13

❦ Imagines and oneshots ❦ More

Intro
|| REQUESTS PAGE ||
Tom Petty
Tom Petty II
George Harrison
Paul McCartney
Brian May
Ian Gillan
Kurt Cobain
Keith Richards
a/n
Pete Townshend
a/n
Matthias Jabs
Tom Petty III
Mike Campbell x Tom Petty

Brian May II

217 5 2
By NothingLeftToLose13

Request: Ohhh alright then :) so maybe a Brian May imagine? And it's basically a imagine about Y/n finding out her real parents and Finding out Brian likes them? Could be interesting I think :)

Warning(s): none!

Today, my parents had summoned me all the way to Birmingham to sort through boxes of old stuff I had left there when I moved to London.

"You did not wear this." Brian said, holding up an embarrassingly frilly blue dress.

"Oh. My. God." I gasped, "That still exists?"

"You're telling me that you actually wore this? It looks like cotton candy."

"Every single day. I used to love this thing." I laughed, "As you can see, my fashion sense has gotten better since I was 8."

Brian smiled his adorable little smile and set the dress aside. I turned back to the box I was inspecting. Definitely one of the more boring ones, it was filled with old papers, drawings and a dusty folder bound in leather. That intrigued me more than my rather unprofessional drawings of Kermit and Elmo. I carefully opened it, inside were official looking documents, yellowed with age but still perfectly intact. One in particular caught my eye.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

I always wondered at exactly what time I was born. With a small smile I studied the paper, the print still dark against the white background. Before I could find the 'time of birth' category, something else distracted me.

MOTHERS NAME: Alicia Ferry

Alicia Ferry? That can't be right. Susanna White was my mom's name. Then I looked at the supposed name of my father, Victor Ferry. My dad's name was Jackson White. There must've been a printing mishap, or the certificates got swapped accidentally. But my name fit.

"Everything alright there, love?" Brian asked, seeing my expression as I read those words over and over again.

I could feel my lungs closing up and my vision tunneled. This couldn't be true. No. No no no no no. I started flipping through the other papers in the folder. Finally I found it. The thing that was both the answer to my questions, and the confirmation that my whole life had been a lie.

ADOPTION CERTIFICATE

Adopted. The two people who have raised me weren't my parents. The woman who had fed me, bathed me, and eventually taught me to walk in heels wasn't my mother. The man who read me bedtime stories, taught me to play the piano and scolded me for my short skirts wasn't my father. These...These... strangers were my parents. Could I call them strangers? They knew me almost better than I knew myself and it felt wrong to dismiss them as strangers, even though that was essentially what they were.

I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Geez, Brian, you scared me."

"(y/n)? Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale."

"I...umm..." I couldn't find the words to explain exactly what was going around in my head, so I handed him the documents, "Here."

His concerned gaze lingered on me for a moment longer before turning to the papers.

"Adopted?" he asked incredulously.

I nodded.

"When did you find out?"

"About two minutes before you did." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair,

"Are you alright love?"

"How could they have hidden this from me?"

"(y/n)-"

I didn't wait for him to finish before heading for the door.

"Where are you going?" Brian called after me.

"I need to ask them why the hell they hid this from me." And with that, I disappeared through the attic trapdoor.

"(y/n)-"

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping and breaking my neck on the last few steps. My parents were sitting in the living room, my father reading the evening paper and my mom reading one of those cheesy romance novels that teenagers and people in a midlife crisis enjoy so much.

"Mom, Dad?"

"Yes darling?" my dad said, looking up from his paper.

I handed them the birth certificate, "I just found this."

"I knew this day would come," my mother sighed.

"(y/n)-" my dad began.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I yelled.

"It was never the right time..." my father trailed off.

I didn't speak the entire way home. Brian didn't try to force a conversation, which I was unspeakably grateful for. I didn't even know what to think. What on earth was I supposed to say, anyway? 

"(y/n), are you okay?" Brian asked again when we were about to go to bed.

"This is like the thousandth time you've asked me this today darling." I laughed.

"Sorry, love." Brian said, "I promise not to ask again."

He turned off the light and pulled me close.

"Goodnight, (y/n)." he whispered and pecked my cheek.

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I completely missed what said next.

"Hmm?"

"I know them." Brian repeated.

"You what?"

"I know them. Mr. and Mrs. Ferry. They lived down the road from my parents."

"What were they like?" I asked quietly.

"Your parents?" Brian asked.

"Yeah"

Brian pondered for a moment, "They were nice people. Mrs. Ferry used to make cookies every weekend and give them to the neighborhood kids."

"Do they still live there?"

"I'm not sure," he said, "I could ask my mum and dad, if you want?"

Now it was my turn to stop and think. Did I really want to see these people again? They were the ones who gave me up for adoption when I was just a kid. Did I really want to know these people?

"Yeah," I finally said, "Could you do that for me?"

༺ ༻

"You don't have to do this now, love." Brian said as my hand hovered above the doorbell.

"No, no. I'm fine." I said, but my voice shook, "I need to do this now, or I'll never do it. And I want to meet them. I think."

And finally I rang. It took a few moments, but then a woman in her late forties opened the door. She seemed to. recognize Brian.

"Brian? Is that you?"

"Mrs. Ferry. How have you been?"

"I've been well, darling. Last time I saw you, you were still in college."

"And who are you?" she asked me. She didn't seem unfriendly, just curious.

"I'm (y/n) White. Your daughter."

The woman froze. That clearly had not been answer she had been expecting.

"I... umm, found the birth certificate a few weeks ago." I began, "And I wanted to meet you."

"Come...come in, darlings."

I tried to recognize myself in her, but it wasn't easy. We had the same eyes, maybe, but that's where the similarities ended. Mrs. Ferry... mom, no that sounded wrong. Mrs. Ferry led us through the long hallway into a parlor. An old fashioned parlor. With crisp white couches and a low coffee table and fireplace covered with photos.

She asked us to sit, and then left the room, returning shortly with a tea tray in her hands. A man timidly followed her, carrying an assortment of sweets. After introductions had been made and cups of tea had been poured, we finally got down to business.

"We were young when we had you. Victor and I, we were barely 17. There was no other options that made sense." Mrs. Ferry began.

Mr. Ferry... my father... the man whose genes I had, continued, "We wanted to meet you, but we signed some papers that forbid us contact with you until you were 18."

Mrs. Ferry continued, "And by then you were in college, and we didn't want to reveal any information that might throw you off course. Your parents told me about what a bright future you had. We could never have offered you what they could. It was the best for all of us."

All those things I had been feeling. Then sadness, the betrayal, the strange sense of relief that made no sense whatsoever, all blended into one. Anger. I had never felt more angry at two people in my entire life.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me." I snarled, "That it was 'the best decision for everyone.' But was it really such a good decision to separate a child from her rightful family? Was it really such a good decision to keep it hidden from said child, only for her to find out twenty five years later when she's cleaning up the attic?"

They were silent.

"Look, I understand that you two couldn't raise a kid at 17, and I even understand why you didn't want to contact me when I was in school, but why didn't you do anything when I graduated?"

"(y/n)-"

"You know what? I need to leave." I picked up my coat and stormed out.

I heard Brian apologizing or something, but I didn't care. I ran out of the house, to our car and dug through my bag for the keys. Naturally, Brian had them. I was forced to stand in the cold air until he came out. Neither of us spoke on the way home, but unlike last time, it felt uncomfortable. I knew I had messed up, I knew I shouldn't have shouted, I knew I probably shouldn't have screamed. It was too confusing, much too confusing.

"They're good people, you know." Brian said, briefly taking his eyes off the road.

"Yeah, I know. I think I let out all my anger on them. It wasn't fair."

Brian nodded in agreement.

"I think," I started, "I think that one day, I don't know when, but one day I'm going to go back there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 312 22
its in the title. Requests are open
41K 725 27
Hey look! A shiny new cover! Read the title. Be prepared to be disappointed, for these oneshots aren't really centered around love (sorry horny teen...
13.1K 474 16
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒑𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕...
Band Oneshots By Raven

General Fiction

40.4K 431 104
A bunch of Band one shots I will take some request just message me some ideas and ill see what I can do! I will be updating this often if I can daily...