Paris

By 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

19

453 29 20
By 19RaeNegade

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

I feel awful for leaving Rena all by her lonesome. I wish I knew what her problem was and be there for her. Yet, I will understand if she does not want to talk about it right now. Though she may not want to discuss her issues with me since I am new to the team.

Whatever the case, it does not lessen my worry. I can tell Carapace is concerned as well, considering it shows on his face (and he continuously keeps looking over in her direction).

Chat Noir...is kind of hard to read. On the outside, he seems calm and collected like there is nothing to worry about. But there is something off with him for a split second when he thinks there is no one looking.

"What are these?" I questioned, pointing at a flock of white and brown birds. Some of the birds have a red thing dangling from their chins, looking like a larger version of a uvula. They look like very odd creatures but I do not get why they are fenced like the rest of the animals. Can these birds not fly and escape?

"Would you stop being so naïve?" Chat Noir huffed, "I am pretty sure even those money hog's children know what it is."

"Well, not all of them, evidently," I thought, glaring at the blonde. Being sheltered away in a mansion for most of my life has left me with little experience with the outside world. The only way to learn stuff is through books (rumors have never helped me learn anything except how to lie).

I thought Chat Noir and I were growing on each other but he still acts like I am the enemy. Even though unfortunately I have the same blood as those miscreants does not mean I am anything like them. Also, Hawkmoth is the true villain. The rich are just a bunch of jerks.

   "These are chickens," Carapace answered, placing a hand on my shoulder. I calm down, ignoring Chat Noir for the time being.

   "A chicken," I repeat, testing it out on my lips, "What peculiar birds."

   "Do you want to help me feed them?" Carapace asked. I smile and nod in agreement. The turtle hero hands me a bag of seeds then hops into the fence.

   "So, why do you guys do these kinds of things? Do you not have other important errands to do like tracking Hawkmoth?" I asked. Carapace shows me how to feed the chickens before explaining, "While tracking Hawkmoth is a top priority, it is also our job to play our parts in this community, including the little things."

   "That is...extremely nice of you guys," I say in awe, "Even though you have an important task to do, you still make time to help these people."

   "Indeed," Carapace agreed, "It is nice being a superhero but it is also nice just doing normal work."

"Yes, it really is," I said. I glance over to see Chat Noir sitting on the fence a bit a ways, facing away from the chickens. I do not know what he is watching. Surely, it is not the animals. Maybe, he is keeping an eye out on Rena Rouge? Although, that might be too generous on his part. I snicker at my joke. I know he has a soft spot for his teammates even if he hardly shows it.

"Hey, Ladybug," Carapace whispered to me, "Did you know that a sign of friendship is punching people in the shoulder."

I look at the turtle hero, intrigued with his fact, "Really?"

"Yes. It is to show you are somebody's buddy or a sign of friendship," he explained. I narrow my eyes at him, unsure if he is being serious or mischievous. I hum in thought, switching between Carapace and Chat Noir. Should I...test it out on Chat Noir?

"Are you playing a joke on me?" I asked, earning a shaking head. Still a bit weary, I decided to test out this theory. These heroes are here to teach me how to fit in (at least, Rena Rouge was). So, I need to fit the part. If this is a way to do so, then I shall practice on someone who will not expect it.

Chat Noir.

I just hope he does not find offense in this...friendship ritual thing. I hand my bag of seeds to Carapace then hesitantly walk over to Chat Noir.

Chat Noir's P.O.V

   I watch the road, wishing the farmer would get back here already. Does he not realize we heroes have better things to do than watch over cattle? This is not our job. Our job is to protect Paris from Akumas and defeat Hawkmoth. We could be looking for more clues on Hawkmoth or looking more into that Akuma man from the masquerade party.

   We cannot do any of that doing somebody else's work.

   I sigh, needing to stop complaining. This is a part of my job. Helping citizens. Besides, I am part of this community for heaven's sake! I need to help whether I am a superhero or just another poor face in the crowd.

   "I suppose, it is nice to take a breather and do something easy for a change," I thought.

   "Hello there...uh..."

   I turn, seeing Ladybug awkwardly standing there. She hesitated to continue, seeming unsure what to say next. My patience begins to wear thin the longer she takes to conclude her thoughts.

"Just spit it out," I thought, trying not to lose it. Ladybug raises a fist and gently punches me in the arm.

"...bu-diy," she finishes, trying to pronounce a word. Confused, I raise an eyebrow at the odd gesture. Looking beyond Ladybug, Carapace is laughing his head off. I narrow my eyes at the turtle hero for his incompetent trickery. That fool.

I return my gaze to Ladybug, who stands nervously waiting to see my reaction. As much as I want to scold her, I cannot. She has done nothing wrong, just trying to figure out things. I find it peculiar how little she knows about even the simplest things as farm animals. It makes me wonder why she needs all of this.

Unfortunately, I cannot investigate or think about it any further. We must keep our identities secret, which does not help with our trust issues.

Yet, when has it ever. It has never been easy when someone new joins the team. All the miraculous heroes have to put their entire faith and trust in who Master Fu chooses. It is always the same result in the end.

I suppose I need to do the same with the new Ladybug. I may not know who this Ladybug is but I did not know it was Kagami the last time either. We had our difficulties at first too but we pulled through. The only difference from then to now, I am acting like a complete jerk. I need to stop acting so petty.

I turn around and hop inside the fence.

"Give me one moment," I said to Ladybug before walking over to the still laughing Carapace. Once standing in front of him, I clear my throat to gain his attention.

"You are dismissed. Go be with your girlfriend," I said, taking the bag of seeds from a flabbergasted Carapace, "It seems you have misguided Ladybug."

   Carapace blinks, unsure and hesitant on what to do. He probably does not trust me to be alone with Ladybug. I grimace, wishing he did not have to worry about me being with Ladybug. I cannot blame him though. He is very protective.

   "If you do anything—and I mean anything—to Ladybug," he warned.

   "Carapace, it will be okay. I am seeing the errors of my ways and doing my best to fix them. Besides, it was very risky sending her over when you knew of my attitude towards her. Why would you risk that?" I questioned.

  "I was joking with her. I did not think she would take me seriously, let alone test it on you," Carapace explained, "It is a miracle that she sees the good in you with the way you have been treating her."

   "Yes..." I agreed, glancing away. He does have a point. Ladybug is either very oblivious or pure-hearted to still put up with me. It is a miracle she is still around and talking with me. Carapace stretches out the bag towards me, "Here. I think you and your partner need some bonding time."

   I retrieve the bag before watching the turtle hero walk off in the direction of the hut. My gaze lands on the bag then turn to look over my shoulder at the curious Ladybug. I gesture for her to come over.

   "Why did you send Carapace off?" She asked once arriving.

   "He is a knucklehead. That is why," I simply said. I notice Ladybug is attempting to hold in her laughter, biting the bottom of her lip. I have to admit, it is nice seeing her slightly comfortable in my presence.

I reach my hand into the bag and continue where Carapace left off on feeding the chickens. Ladybug joins me, tossing the seeds out to the poultry. For a while, we silently watch the animals eat their food and walk around. Eventually, the silence is broken.

"I do not mean to pry, but is everything alright with Rena Rouge?" she asked, worriedly.

"I do not know, myself," I honestly replied, "She acted that same way just last night. I have never seen that side of her before."

"Oh..." Ladybug said, glancing over at the hut for a second.

"So, what is your favorite animal on this farm," I asked, changing the topic. Ladybug is taken aback by my sudden question. Then, she thinks it over.

"Maybe...the horses."

I sigh, "Of course, I should have known you were going to say the horse."

"And why are you making it sound like it is a bad thing?" she questioned, giving me a look.

"I never said it was a bad thing," I replied, shrugging my shoulders, "It was merely because that was the only animal you actually knew."

Ladybug scoffs, "That is not the reason!"

I feel the edge of my lip twitch up slightly and a small surge of joy lifts my spirits. Did I almost...smile? I did not think that was possible for me, anymore.

"Relax, Ladybug," I said, putting back on a stoic face, "I was just messing with you. There is no reason to lose your head over a joke."

Ladybug blinks in both astonishment and confusion. Her mouth is slightly agape like she wants to say something but nothing is spoken. Raising an eyebrow at her, I asked, "Is some the matter?"

She perks up and defensively waves her hands, "Oh! No! Not at all! I was just not expecting—you know."

"What? You do not expect me to joke around or something?" I said. Her answer is easily written all over her face without saying anything. I shake my head, letting out a long breath, "I suppose, I do see your point."

"I am sorry. I did not mean any harm," Ladybug quickly apologizes.

"It is alright," I assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Are you still coming to sword fighting training later this evening?"

"I would never miss out on sword fighting," Ladybug gleefully exclaimed like a child who ate too much sugar. Her enthusiasm is very refreshing. Though she is a grown woman, she still has a somewhat child-like behavior within her.

"Very good," I said, noticing the farmer has finally returned, "It is time we leave. I am sure you have places to be."

There is something that shifts in Ladybug's expression for a split moment. A sullen look before being covered up.

"I suppose you are correct," she less enthusiastically states and hands me the bag of seeds back. I grasp her bag and watch her take out her yoyo. She pauses and turns towards me again with a smile.

"You will have to thank Rena Rouge for me. I had a grand time on the tour she gave me..." She said, "Also, thank you too. I enjoyed our little talk. It is nice having a civil conversation rather than butting heads."

I have to agree with her on this one. I did find it more enjoyable too than the usual arguing.

"I should get going. I shall see you later, Chat Noir," Ladybug said her final goodbye before jumping off towards the city.

Once she disappears out of my sight, I let the tiniest grin pull on my lips. I am actually looking forward to this evening, hoping today will go faster. I jump the fence and head over to the hut, feeling somewhat lighter than I have for a long while.

{+}{+}{+}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 82 27
Marinette has been missing for a week and no one knows where she could have gone. Ladybug went on a mission and she's left Chat Noir in charge while...
4.7K 79 37
In all his years of being a superhero, he had both loved and admired Ladybug. In his eyes, she was capable of doing nothing wrong. That is until he w...
26 3 3
At 22, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste, also known as Ladybug and Chat Noir, are juggling a lot. They're a year into their relationship and...
897 12 25
Adrien and Marinette Agreste, a.k.a. Ladybug and Chat Noir are one of the top pairs working for a French secret service agency known as Miraculous. A...