Chasing Blue

By BLONDlE

Book #1 in the Bradford Brood Series Can be read as a stand-alone. Indigo Brown needs a date. Desperately. P... More

Chapter Zero
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
author's note
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Authors Note
Update!!

Chapter Twenty-Two

11.9K 250 85
By BLONDlE

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
KOLBY

To add insult to injury, my team continues on loosing for the rest of the game. Jess is over the stupid fucking moon, hooping and hollering and what have you, seeing as his team had no problem winning. So now, to recap each and every reason why I can't wipe the scowl off my face: my team lost, I now owe both Braden and Colton a whopping twenty bucks each, thanks to our betting nature, and my fucking girl kissed another poor bastard. I can't even remember the last she kissed me, and it's beginning to kill me. I'd give my left kidney to feel her lips on my mine, to feel her hands caressing me, but noooo.

Indigo's half drunk, she started drinking gulping down beer after beer after Sadie had exposed her. I almost want to say her infidelity, but I can't even call it that. We're not together, we never have been. I guess I just expected that since Greer had treated her so awfully, she would never dream of treating someone that way, but here I am, raw proof. It's his fault, I know it, he fucked up the most perfect girl in the world, destroyed her love map beyond recognition, even for her.

I'd kill him for it.

The girls are saying their goodbyes, when Sadie turns to me, quizzical in appearance, "Aren't you coming, too?"

I raise a brow. I'm not exactly in the party mood. "Why would I?"

"It's at Damion's, I figured he would have invited you."

Fuck. He did invite me. We're both on the football team, and he's a great dude, though definitely you're typical, cliche college football player. He's a big fan of the ABCs, too; Ass, Booze, and Crazy.

It'd be shitty of me to not go, even though all I want to do is go home and sulk, but I doubt anyone will be there. And besides, maybe it will put me in a better mood.

I stand up, and down the remaining few sips of my beer in one swift swallow. I've only two, so I'm fine to drive. I follow Sadie and Indigo to the doorway. Indigo stumbles over her own feet, tripping on bumps that aren't there, catching her own ankle with her other foot.

My arm shoots out, steadying her, grabbing her at her hip, where jeans meet lace. It's like I'm struck by lightning as an electric current zaps though me, sending sparks up and down my arm, from fingertips to my shoulder. Indigo feels it too, she gasps, and looks at me, her wide eyes so beautiful. Something flickers in them as she beholds me under the stronghold that is her gaze. Her tongue juts out and hypnotizingly wets her lips.

She takes a deep breath, and then opens her rose-colored lips, all that escapes is a ot rush of hair, bathing my neck.

"Let's go," Sadie says, breaking us out of our trance, if that's what you want to call it.

Instead of releasing Indigo, I move my hand to the small of her back, her blazer bunching up on my wrist. Having an excuse to touch her, even if it is so small, so minuscule to anyone but us, my hands are on fire where they meet her skin, and to take it away would be to freeze.

I guide her towards the passenger side of their Honda.

"I'm driving," she weakly tells me, making to walk by herself to the other side of the car, Sadie is still at the door, promising Mom we'll all be perfectly safe and responsible.

I laugh, "The hell you are, you can't hardly walk, I had to help you over here."

She turns to face me, our noses only a mere inch or two apart. She leans against the car door, "You didn't have to," she tells me. I know she's right, and so does she. "You just wanted to touch me. That's the reason you sent me this," she pulls on her top, so hard one her tits nearly manage to escape, and though it doesn't entirely, her nipple is exposed. It's peaked, whether from the cold or because of me, I don't know, I don't care, and nor does my hand, as I reach it up towards it. I the hard little peak between my thumb and forefinger and roll it like a piece of play-doh, eliciting a sharp, huffy gasp from Indigo.

I lean forward so that my mouth is directly beside Indigo's ear, "Your damn right I did. I love touching you. I think about to all day, all fucking night, I can't remember the last time I slept properly, the last time I came to anything other than imaging you. You have captured me, body, heart, and soul, and so help me God, Blue, I will kill the poor bastards that try to come between me and you, do you understand?"

I lean back, and am pleased to see that while her eyes are closed, Indigo's face is shaped in a small 'o'. I pinch her nipple harder, and in turn she arches her back, pressing her hips against mine. I glance up, and see that Sadie is waving enthusically. I let go of Indigo, and it's like water has been poured onto the fire.

"I said, do you understand?" I ask her, not even giving her time to gather her senses. I need to know she understands.

"Is that about Henry and I?" She asks me, breathlessly.

"Who?"

She sighs, "The guy I went on the date with."

"Yes and no."

She grabs me on both sides of my face, staring into my soul with her chocolate eyes, "Don't worry about him, okay? Now lets go."

• • •

There's a couple fucking on Damion's front yard when we pull up. The guy is fucking loosing it, making all kinds of grunts and groans, and the poor girl, well she looks and sounds bored to death.

"That's nice," Sadie mutters, before turning to face me, and also Indigo, who remains plastered to her door. "I'm going to have fun. Unless I look like I'm about to be murdered, you may intervene, other than that, do not interrupt."

"So what you're saying is if someone's choking you and you're moaning instead of crying to let you have your fun?" Indigo quips.

I close my eyes and sigh deeply.

"Go," I tell her, pointing in the direction of the house, my eyes are still closed. The couple on the yard are getting louder. Do they noy care that we can see them.

I wait until i can no longer hear Sadie's heels clicking before reopening my eyes.

Except now I've realize I've fucked up, because Indigo is now gone, too.

I huff, and head instead the house, which is pulsing with a beat all of its own, people mulling and talking and dancing in every crack and crevice of the house. Large shouting comes from within the kitchenette, where I find myself migrating too. Inside, there's a rowdy game of beer pong going on. In the midst of everything is a throng of familiar faces, and despite my rather pissy mood, my face splits into a grin.

Braden is front and center, beer pong ball in one hand, and a smoking cigarette in the other. That same hand boasts a clear bandage, no doubt a new tattoo to add to his collection.

Reid and Colton stand at either of his shoulders, shouting words of encouragement that get ate up and come back out garble and unintelligible, mixing with the music and the other hundred or so people crowding the small house.

On the opposite side of the table is Damion himself, and two other teammates, Julian and Trent, doing about the same as Reid and Colton, with about the same end results.

It's not hard to choose my team.

Braden smirks at me as I sidle up to him. He tips his cigarette towards me, "Want a smoke? Look like you could murder someone."

I only grunt in response, taking the cigarette, and taking a long drag. I personally don't smoke, but it's not uncommon to see Braden doing it, especially in a party setting.

"You gonna fucking go or what," Damion taunts, so, as a mature adult, I blow my exhale of smoke in his direction. "Fuck you, Bradford."

I snort, and trade Braden his cigarette for the ball. I line myself up, and throw it. It lands perfectly in the center cup, "Drink, bitch."

"Glad you made it, man," Damion says as he tilts his hand back and chugs.

"Glad to be here," I respond, and then hook my thumb toward the living room, where I see a few tables have been haphazardly set up, drinks of the alcoholic variety littering them. "I'll be back, got dibs on next game."

I leave them to finsih their game. Beer of all kinds are on the tables, though, much to my dismay, not a singular Coors. There's a few Bud Lights, so I reach for one of those, at the same time the person across the table I hadn't even released was there does.

I glance up quickly, letting the stranger have the beer. I'll just drink some Fireball.

Which I will need as soon as fucking possible, because Greer Evans is the last person I wanted to see tonight, and yet here he fucking is. He has the balls to smile at me like we're old friends.

Oh this son of a bitch.

He's smart enough to not a word as he walks away, just cracking open the beer and tipping his chin at me.

I grab a coke and a solo cup, and then add in as much Fireball as I can handle, before heading back to the game.

I'm quick to beat Damion, thought it doesn't lift my mood in anyway shape or form. That's when we hear the yelling. It comes from the living room. And since all seven of us are nosy little fucks, we run in, expecting to see a fight breaking out.

What we find is instead much worse.

Greer Evans has his hands on Indigo.

I see red, and I move so fast I can't even fully process what I'm doing, all I know is that Indigo has tears streaming down her face, and that she's pushing and shoving against him with all her strength.

I watch as Greer grabs her face in both hands, and pulls her lips towards his.

I'm on him before he can even realize what's happening.

a/n: tmrw's my bday so consider this my present to u! 2 chaps in one day wow who is she?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 7.4K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
1.2M 27.8K 59
[18+] ENEMIES TO LOVERS SPORTS ROMANCE. °•°•°•° Hannah Walker doesn't trust anyone, especially men. They're manipulative and toxic - her lousy ex tau...
986K 19.2K 53
{COMPLETE} Bayside University Book 1 After giving up her virginity and getting dumped in the same night Loni Davis is done with men, relationships, a...