-ˋˏ partners in crime ˎˊ- ‏...

Від lucyluhvs

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ summary: Katie Mahone is a ball of energy and a people person. She is always on the mo... Більше

INTRO
PLAYLIST
PROLOGUE
I.
II.
III.
IV.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.

V.

2K 101 88
Від lucyluhvs

___________________

___________________

KATIE'S POV

  Tim has a frown on his face when I see him, his eyes on his phone as he types something. Probably a message to me about being late.

  He is standing in front of a car that just screams 'millionaire' with Alfred waiting at his door to open it for him.

  Alfred sees me coming first and his mouth forms the words, "Master Tim."

  Tim doesn't look up, muttering a response that causing Alfred to roll his eyes and step out of the way as I run up next to them.

  Tim jumps slightly as I stop just in time so I don't run into him, huffing slightly as I do so.

  "Sorry-art class-Hi Alfredo," I get out, smiling up at the two.

  Tim grins at me and Alfred shakes his head at my words, "Miss Katie, how have you been?" He says opening my door for me.

  I raise an eyebrow at this but let him and Tim slides in next to me in the back seat before Alfred gets in the front to drive us.

  "I've been good. How have you been? The manor must be boring with out me there," I say and he smiles at that.

  "Oh yes, very boring indeed." He goes on to tell me he has been good and that he hopes my classes are going well.

  "I think they are," I shrug, "I mean it's the first week and I think at least two teachers hate me already, but it's okay."

  "What, teachers don't hate you," Tim says next to me, frowning.

  "It's okay, I hate them too," I say before I shake my head, "No, hate is a strong word. I just don't like them because they don't like me."

"Mrs. Miller likes you!"

  "Tim, I didn't even say her name and you knew who I meant." I deadpan, causing him to smile sheepishly at me.

  "I still don't think she hates you," He defends, causing me to bump my shoulder to his.

  "No, she probably does. She is probably mad I sit by you. I think she has to have a crush on you or Bossman." His eyes widen in horror at the very idea. Of which one, I'm not sure but I feel like both would end in the same reaction.

  "No," He gasps, "Dick had her and he said she was nice to him."

  "Maybe she has a thing for the Waynes. Just don't tell Brooklyn," I say with a smile growing on my face, "Pretty sure she would fight the woman. Or laugh at the idea of an old woman flirting with Dick."

  Tim laughs at the mental scene I set up, "Probably the latter unless it goes too far."

  I catch Alfred smiling in the mirror as he looks back at us. He notices me, his eyes making contact with mine, "Miss Katie, did you say you had an art class? Master Damian also loves art."

  I click my tongue at this, "Tater tot and me having something in common. Who knew!" Before I frown, "I mean, I am just in the class, but it's interesting that Spikey likes it. I will have to ask him to she some of his work."

  "So you don't like art? Like drawing, painting, anything?" Tim asks, his eyebrows drawing together, his eyes carefully watching me.

  His confused face. This is the face he makes when he is trying to figure something out. I've gotten used to it after being around him enough, yet I can't help but think he looks sort of cute when he is confused.

  "I mean, as much as the next person. I don't really do it in my spare time. Too detail oriented," I lie, even though that's the reason I love it.

  I see details, I see a lot of details. I see small things rather than the big picture most of the time which comes in handy when doing something as meticulous as painting or drawing.

  He nods, taking in what I said and I can almost see his brain filing it away somewhere up there so he can remember.

  "I believe most people like it because it is relaxing and a way to express emotion," Alfred chimes in, and I want badly to agree with him, but I don't.

  My art is still me only think that's actually mine, and I do want to kelp it that way. I don't want to tell anyone just yet. I like it being my thing and something I do simply because I love it.

  Tim's eyes holding a certain glint as he looks to Alfred, "In that case, Damian should draw more to express all of his emotions. I think he still keeps a good bit of it pent up."

  Alfred doesn't say anything, but the corner of his mouth twitches up in a smile at this.

  Tim's phone suddenly starts beeping and he checks it, leaning slightly away from me.

  It beeps several more times, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him as he fights back a smile.

  "Who is that?" I question, leaning my head to the side.

  He looks up at me for a few moments, before he says, "It's a group chat. My friends Bart, Jaime, Garfield, Virgil, and Eddie are just being dumb."

  "I've never heard of them, are they from Gotham?" I ask confused as I try to remember any of the names he listed off.

  He gets stiff at this, "Umm, no. We all met at summer camp."

  I nod, "Ohhhh I see, I see," I say before Alfred stops the car.

  "I believe this is the closest I will be able to get," He says. He is probably right. We are in the middle of traffic at a red light and the shop is right next to us.

  "Thanks Alfred. I can find a ride home," Tim says while smiling at the butler before opening the door.

  "Bye Alfredo, I miss you already!" I call over my shoulder and step out of the car, not hearing his reply before Tim shuts the door and he head inside.

  It is a cute little burger joint on one of the many corner streets of Gotham. I wonder how he even learned about it considering he lives on the outstretch of Gotham in a mansion.

  He holds the door open for me and I mutter a thank you as I take in the diner style.

  It had checkered floors, like a 1950s diner, and the burger menu outlined in a big neon sign above where you order.

  I pick a spot in the back by a window, Tim following me until we sit down.

  When we do, he looks at me with that confused look on his face,"Why did you pick to sit here?"

  He means why did we pass all of the other perfectly good booths.

  It's my turn to look at him confused, "You said you like sitting in the back."

Maybe it only applied to school classrooms.

  My response causes him to smile a bit before looking down at the table just as an older man comes to take our order.

  "Hi! What can I get started for you kids?" He asks, and I make a mental note of his face before looking to his name tag.

  "Hi, Jerry," I smile, "I am just going to have a chocolate shake and a side french fries please."

  "French fries?" Tim echos, causing my eyes to widen.

  "You've never tried dipping them in a chocolate shake?" I ask in disbelief. He shakes his head 'no' so I add, "You have to, Tim. It's nonnegotiable."

  Jerry laughs at this and Tim chuckles a bit too before he shrugs and says, "I guess make it two of those."

Jerry nods, "You've got it!"

  I smile at him and watch him walk away before I say, "I like him."

  "You like everyone," Tim says before he smirks and adds, "Scratch that. You don't like Mrs. Miller."

  "She started it," I huff, crossing my arms over my chest and he chuckles at my reaction.

  "Who is the other teacher you think doesn't like you?" He asks, leaning in slightly over the table.

  "Mr. Benson. He hates me because I am late most of the time," I explain resting my head on my hand as I look at him.

  "But not today," He smiles, "Well, other than a few moments ago. I thought you stood me up for a second there."

  My eyebrows furrow together at this and I frown, "I wouldn't do that. What kind of friend would I be if I did that?"

  He falters slightly, but smiles at me, "I know you wouldn't. Just worried you got kidnapped or something."

  I laugh at this, and he turns a little pink around his cheeks. "Kidnapped in the middle of the afternoon at Gotham Academy?" I tease him.

  "It's Gotham, you ever know." He defends, his cheeks turn back to normal.

  I open my mouth to deny this before I close my mouth and sigh, "Man, I can't even disagree with that."

  He smiles at this and Jerry comes back with our drinks and french fries.

  We both thank him before he leaves and I stop Tim from taking a sip.

  "Hold on!" I say as I grab the salt shaker and put a little more salt on both of our fries before I set it down and fold my hands in my lap, looking at him expectantly, him watching me the whole time.

  He shakes his head in amusement before he picks up a salted fry and dips it in his drink.

  I watch as he eats it and his eyes light up, "Oh my gosh, that's actually-"

  "Amazing, fantastic, scrumptious, the best thing your taste buds have ever tasted-"

  "I was going to say great, but any of those work too." He cuts me off and it's my turn to smile before I join him and take a few fries, dipping them in my drink and eating them.

  "This is the best thing ever to exist," I groan and take a sip of my chocolate milkshake.

  He laughs at this and eats a few more both of just making light conversation. His phone buzzes on the table and he looks at it for a few moments before putting it back down.

  "Anything important?" I ask, studying his face as he sips his shake.

  "Not really," He says while looking at the table, brushing my question off. After a moment, he makes eye contact with me. "Umm, so, you know how I work for Bruce?"

  "Yeah!" I say because I do vaguely remember Hazel mentioning it a few times. He is an intern as far as I know.

  "Well they have this sort of awards ceremony and I am being recognized. I was wondering if-if maybe you would want to come with Hazel? You don't have to, I don't even know why I'm asking, I-"

  "Sure," I cut him off, brushing some of my hair out of my face.

  He watches the movement before he repeats what I said, "Sure?"

  "Sure," I confirm before I add, "If I'm not working then I will be there."

  He nods and smiles before looking down at his milkshake, using the straw to stir it a bit before he takes another sip.

  He contrasts the theme of the diner completely in his suit he has to wear for Gotham Academy. Then again, I probably do too in my skirt and vest.

  He looks back up, his eyes finding mine already looking at him, so I look down at my fries a eat a few more before I look out the window, watching a few people go by.

  "Thanks for suggesting this, this was a good idea," I say after a few heartbeats, "And for wanting to celebrate me not being late."

He grins, "Of course. Besides, it's a rare thing."

"I'm working on it."

"I'm sure you are."

________________________________

A/N:

don't worry it isn't all going to be fluff, there will be some stuff later, but for the first bit of chapters I just want to establish their friendship/relationship

ALSO i made a timeline and posted it in my one shot book and my announcement book and i highly recommend looking at it if you read my books :)
____

do you hope that red robin makes another appearance? or do you just love tim and katie moments

_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

27.7K 805 16
"Damian has been missing for over two month now and we are no closer at finding him." Tim ranted as he passed back and forth. "Hello Beloved." Talia...
1.9K 48 16
When two superhero teams meet by chance... Do they become friends? Or enemies? But when a great evil joins forces with the evils they fight, what wou...
489 26 7
On the run, Danny is close to losing all hope. Everywhere he went. They Followed. They were getting closer each and every time he rested. Now In Goth...
47.2K 1.5K 36
So.... I'm in a comic now. Not only that, but I'm in a Batman comic right now. Not gonna lie, I'm low key fangirling right now. That's a lot of now's...