A Hero From Beyond

By ZillyJams99432

|[ A BoBoiBoy × My Hero Academia Crossover ]| BoBoiBoy had finally done it. With his incredibly chilling fini... More

Quick Author's Note
CH 1 || Clash & Collide
CH 2 || Fighting Through It!
CH 3 || The Aftermath
82 101 118 101 114 115 101
CH 4 || Visitors
CH 5 || For The Time Being (Part 1)
CH 6 || For The Time Being (Part 2)
CH ?¿ || fŒrTH e tïmE ße IŃg (Part 3)
CH 7 || Please Bear With Me!
CH 8 || Lit A Fire
CH 9 || Why Even Bother?
CH 10 || Show 'Em Whatcha Got!
CH 11 || A Plan Of Action
CH 12 || The Trio
CH 14 || Everything You've Got
CH 15 || This Is Our Match!
CH 16 || Rest Up, You Deserve It
CH 17 || Hero Names & Internships
CH 18 || An Internship With Sensei!
CH 19 || From A Hero To A Villain
CH 20 || Resolve
CH 21 || To Look Death In The Face
CH 22 || Vulnerability

CH 13 || Victory & Defeat

4K 215 196
By ZillyJams99432

Hiya! I just wanted to say, I truly appreciate all your comments! They always make me smile and laugh so thank you!

As I expected my schedule got screwed up 😭 Sorry about that, my WiFi disappeared so I couldn't update. And because of that, the other chapters will be rescheduled for another day or something. Anyway, it's probably still gonna be the same, one week gap, if nothing goes wrong (but seeing as my exams are coming up soon, probably not)

Now, it's time for the tournament! I've changed some things, so please do keep that in mind. I've also added some new fights to this arc so expect those here, especially in the next two chapters! ;)

Not beta read, but hope you still enjoy!
Reminder !! Look at the following clearly for I will be using them to indicate speech of different languages:
These are indicators that they are speaking Malay
These are indicators that they are speaking Japanese
" These are indicators that they are speaking English "
—————————

BoBoiBoy blinked repeatedly, a bright light greeting him, as his eyes tried to adjust to the brightly lit room. Propping up his elbows, BoBoiBoy slowly sat up from his position on the bed. Wait, how did he end up in bed?

「 BoBoiBoy! You're awake! 」 A familiar voice greeted him from beside his bedside. BoBoiBoy turned to see Izuku looking at him with relief. 「 What happened...? 」 BoBoiBoy inquired softly, holding his head, as he cringed at his somewhat subdued headache.

「 You've seemed to have overexerted yourself, dearie. 」 BoBoiBoy and Izuku turned towards the voice to find Recovery Girl approaching the brunet's bed. 「 You're lucky Midoriya found you when he did. 」

Turning back to Izuku, BoBoiBoy watched as the greenet stare at him worriedly. 「 You gave me quite the heart attack when I found you passed out in the restroom. 」 Izuku said, clutching his chest.

「 I was so worried! 」 Izuku exclaimed, raising his voice, as BoBoiBoy looked at him apologetically. 「 Sorry, Izukun... I didn't mean to... 」

Izuku sighed. 「 It's all right. But, why were you passed out there, anyway? 」 Izuku inquired as BoBoiBoy tried to recall what he was doing there in the first place.

Then, he remembers.

Suddenly, his mind is flooded. He yelled out an indignated noise as he clutched his pounding head. 「 BoBoiBoy! 」 Izuku called out to him, putting hands on his shoulder, as he frantically looked at Recovery Girl for help.

The elderly woman doesn't even get to take a step closer when BoBoiBoy's painful migraine abruptly stops. Izuku backs away slightly, letting BoBoiBoy have his space, as he and Recovery Girl exchange concerned glances.

Once BoBoiBoy had steadied himself, he swiftly turned to Izuku and Recovery Girl and muttered a quick apology to which the two vehemently said that he didn't need to apologize for what had happened. BoBoiBoy still felt a bit guilty, however.

「 Sorry... I just— I just suddenly remembered everything and was overwhelmed with information. 」 BoBoiBoy muttered, fidgeting with his power watch, 「 It happens when I fuse back after I used my Elemental Split. 」

「 Well then, I suggest taking it easy for a while. 」 Recovery Girl said, placing a glass of water and two pills by the bedside table. 「 Avoid making things worse but if it does, come straight to me. 」

Nodding, BoBoiBoy took one of the pills, chugging half the glass of water empty. The elderly woman then pulled the blanket over BoBoiBoy, gently pushing the brunet down onto the bed. 「 Now, you have a bit of time before lunch is over so rest up. 」 She told him as BoBoiBoy nodded.

The brunet desperately needed to sleep his headache off. He let himself snuggle into the comforts of the bed, curling comfortably, as he wills himself to sleep. Before he does, however, BoBoiBoy looks at his greenet friend who was still beside his bedside.

It seemed like Izuku knew what BoBoiBoy was thinking as the greenet reassured him, 「 Don't worry. I'll be right beside you. 」 BoBoiBoy muttered something incoherently, furrowing his brows, before he began worrying about his friend.

「 What about your lunch? I don't want to trouble you. 」 BoBoiBoy mumbled, feeling a bit guilty for pulling his friend back, but Izuku just smiled.

「 Recovery Girl already made me go eat lunch when you wouldn't wake up before so I'm okay. 」 Izuku assured, scooting his stool care closer.

「 And it's no trouble at all. After everything you've done for me, this is the least I can do. 」 Izuku stated with a wide smile, it made BoBoiBoy return the gesture.

Pulling the blankets closer, BoBoiBoy shifted into a comfortable position before sleepily snuggling himself. 「 Thanks, Izukun. 」 BoBoiBoy mumbled as he drifted into a quiet slumber.

—————————

It wasn't long until the lunch break was over, with Present Mic loudly announcing that it was time to finally reveal the last game. But before that, recreational games were introduced for students who didn't make it to the finals to enjoy before they started the last main event.

「 When that's over, the five teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style one-on-one! 」 Present Mic exclaimed loudly as the audience roared with cheers.

BoBoiBoy had to cover his ears, the noise overloading his sense, as Izuku helped keep him steady. The two had managed to arrive just in time, a little bit behind the others, but they made it there. Izuku searched the crowd of students for their friends, finding them all near the front.

「 Do you want to go up front or stay back? It's probably less noise here. 」 Izuku asked the brunet who shook his head, 「 I'm okay. The sensory overload died down. Let's go up front. 」 BoBoiBoy said, offering Izuku a weak smile to which the greenet returned.

The two then move their way towards the front, with Izuku looking back at BoBoiBoy to make sure he was okay. They both stop near the front, passing by Kirishima, Mina, and Sero who were chatting about the tournament. Sighing, BoBoiBoy thanked Izuku to which the greenet simply smiled.

Midnight soon came forward, bearing some unfortunate news, 「 Due to the odd number of participants, one of the players of the fifth place team, Team Shinsou, will have to be withdrawn from the tournament! 」 The pro hero announced, shocking everyone, as gasps echoed in the stadium.

「 So, we will give them some time to discuss amongst themselves— 」 Midnight cuts herself off when Ojiro suddenly raised his hand.

「 Um...! Excuse me. 」 Ojiro started, his face sullen, as he declared, 「 I'm withdrawing. 」

Shocked, everyone turns to Ojiro who stood still with his face titled down slightly. 「 Ojiro-kun, why? 」 Izuku asked, with Tenya adding his own query alongside Izuku's, 「 This is a rare chance for pros to see you! 」

「 I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end. 」 Ojiro explained, placing a hand on his head as tried to remember but couldn't, 「 I think it was that guy's Quirk. 」

Izuku pondered for a second, momentarily looking around, 「 If I remember correctly, Ojiro was with... But Izuku, too, doesn't recall what the guy looked like.

BoBoiBoy did. The brunet stood, tense, as he remembered his conversation with Shinsou. Was this what Shinsou meant by deceiving and manipulating? He couldn't help but wonder as he looked around for the indigo-haired teen. But curse his short stature because everyone else seemed to be taller than him, thus blocking his view as he gave up his search for the teen.

「 I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it... 」 Ojiro continued, understanding his fortune opportunity to compete, however, he couldn't do it. 「 But— Everyone here competed by giving their all! I can't... I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened. 」 He exclaimed.

Hagakure tried to reassure him, 「 You're worrying too much about it! 」 She stated, placing a hand on his shoulder, 「 You just have to make sure you produce results in the finals! 」

「 If you're gonna say that, I didn't do anything either. 」 Mina also tried to reassure him.

「 That's not it... 」 Ojiro said, covering his face, 「 I'm talking about my pride here... I can't... 」 The girls back away, feeling saddened for their classmate, as they understand Ojiro's intention.

Then, another student raised their hand. 「 I'm Shouda Nirengeki from Class B. 」 Nirengeki introduced himself, declaring his own withdrawal to everyone's surprise, 「 I also want to withdraw for the same reason. 」

「 Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of this sports festival for those who didn't do anything to move onto the final round? 」

Kirishima started getting teary-eyed at the scene, admiring the two's manly statements. 「 What's with these guys?! They're so manly! 」

「 This is an unusual turn of events... 」 Present Mic muttered. 「 We'll have to see what the chief umpire, Midnight, has to say about this... 」 Eraser Head said.

Everyone stared at Midnight, anticipating the pro hero's decision. 「 Youthful talk like that is something... 」 Midnight started. 「 ...I like! 」 She exclaimed, pointing her whip at the two teens, 「 Shouda! Ojiro! I accept your withdrawal! 」

She decided based on her tastes...!

A hand then places itself on Ojiro's shoulder, the tailed teen turns his head to see Aoyama. 「 I'm going to do it, okay? 」 Aoyama said, opting to stay in the last game, as Ojiro simply looked at him strangely.

「 In that case, we'll have to move up one person from the sixth place cavalry battle team... 」 Midnight stated, turning towards Kendou's team.

「 If that's what's going to happen, then rather than us, who barely did anything during the cavalry battle, it should be them, right? 」 Kendou voiced, looking at her teammates, as they all agreed with her statement. 「 The ones who fought to the end and stayed in the top, Team Tetsutetsu, right? 」 Kendou said, surprising Tetsutetsu and his team.

「 This isn't collusion or anything. It just makes sense. 」 Kendou stated, smiling at her classmates.

「 Y-You guys...! 」 Tetsutetsu looked like he was almost gonna cry.

「 And so, Tetsutetsu has been moved up to make sixteen! 」 Midnight announced after the gray-haired teen's team unanimously voted for him to be moved up.

「 Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket. 」 Midnight said, holding up a white box, 「 Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! 」

「 The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. 」 She stated, 「 I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. 」

「 Now, from the first place team-- 」

—————————

BoBoiBoy stared at the screen displaying the bracket. His match was the fifth match of the first round, and Kaminari was his opponent. He locked eyes with the said blond who gave him a smirk to which the brunet returned.

He turns back to take another look at the bracket, the background muffling with his competitors' reactions and chatter. The first match caught his eye in particular. Mostly because he didn't know which one he should cheer for, Izuku or Shinsou.

Glancing at Izuku, BoBoiBoy sees the greenet in deep thought.

If both Todoroki and I make it to the semifinals, then... Izuku thought to himself, but he needed to actually make it through the first round. 「 Before that, if I remember correctly, Shinsou was...

「 It's you, isn't it? Midoriya Izuku. 」 Shinsou inquired rhetorically, making the greenet jump away, as Izuku turned around to the other.

This person... is from general studies... 」 Izuku remembers the indigo-haired teen declaring war on their class.

「 Looking forward to the first match. 」 Shinsou said as Izuku was quickly stopped from responding by Ojiro. Shinsou smirked at them before walking away.

BoBoiBoy watched the scene distantly. Soon, he finds himself watching the other participants. Ochako was unfortunately up against Bakugou in the last match, she was appalled that the spiky blond didn't remember who she was. Hatsume was chatting with Tenya, something about their match certainly. And BoBoiBoy took a quick glance at Todoroki, before tearing his eyes away.

「 All right! Let's leave the tournament aside for a momentary interlude! 」 Present Mic announced, 「 Let's have fun with the recreation! First is the scavenger hunt! 」

Take it easy. BoBoiBoy hasn't forgotten what Recovery Girl had said. He may as well have some fun before the main event, and that's what he did. Most of the non-participants and even some participants tried out the recreational games. And as of that moment, BoBoiBoy was currently leading Momo with him, the noirette a bit confused as to why.

「 My card says 'big sister'! 」 BoBoiBoy stated, showing the now flustered noirette his card. 「 But BoBoiBoy...! I'm not an older sister! 」 Momo exclaimed, confused and flustered.

「 But you're like a big sister to me so that should count, right? 」 BoBoiBoy said with a smile. 「 My heart...! 」 Momo screamed internally at the brunet's wholesomeness.

It did count.

Even if they were told to have fun, those in the tournament couldn't fully relax. Some polished their strategy against their opponent; Some tried to keep their presence of mind; Some prepared for the fight. Some sharpened their senses; and, some tried to relax their nerves.

As everyone thought their respective thoughts, it was time to start before they knew it.

—————————

"Hey guys, are you ready?" Present Mic's voice reverberated through the entire stadium. Izuku let his voice muffle into the background as he held his chest, attempting to calm his breathing.

"Hey!" A familiar voice called from behind him, Izuku turned around to see it was his mentor. 「 Sorry I'm late, but... I wanted to see you off before your first match. 」

「 All Mig— I mean, Toshinori-san... I... 」 Izuku stuttered, trailing off near the end, which caught the skinny man's notice.

「 What is it, my boy? 」 Toshinori asked his disciple who sighed. 「 I'm still worried... 」 Izuku mumbled softly.

「 Even though I've made progress with One For All, I still can't help but think of the worst-case scenario... 」 Izuku muttered, fidgeting with his thumbs, 「 I can only use five percent of my power, so if anything, I really feel like I've been blessed with friends and luck. 」

Izuku's mumbling is quickly interrupted with a firm yet gentle smack on his head. Izuku cringes, caressing his head, as he looks at his mentor. 「 You should just say, 'I'll do my best, damn it,' you prince of nonsense! 」 Toshinori exclaimed in a scolding manner.

「 Listen, it's the times when you're scared or worried that you should be smiling! 」 Toshinori told his disciple, reassuring him as best as he can, 「 You've made it this far. That's not some bluff or fluke. 」

「 Stand proud! 」 Toshinori says, ruffling his disciple's hair affectionately, as he gives Izuku a bright grin, 「 And just do your best! 」

Feeling his face flush, Izuku looked at his mentor with a shy smile. 「 I will. 」 Izuku said, nodding his head, as Toshinori pats his head.

"Audience!"

「 The finals that you've all been waiting for are finally starting! Match number one-- 」 Present Mic announced, the cheers of the crowd loudening as Izuku enters the stage.

Even though he's done well, what's with that face? From the hero course, it's Midoriya Izuku!

Versus—

Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet! From general studies, it's Shinsou Hitoshi!

Present Mic explains the rules. Force your opponent out of bounds, immobilize them, or make your opponent say, 'I give up!' It was pretty straight forward. Though, Izuku wasn't sure Recovery Girl would like it if he ended up getting severely injured. Again.

「 I'll stop things if they go too far. 」 Cementoss said, reassuring everyone he'd make sure no one gets sent to the hospital.

Taking a deep breath, Izuku's ears perk up at the voice of his opponent.「 'I give up,' huh? 」 Shinsou repeated Present Mic's words, earning a cautious yet curious look from Izuku.

「 This is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. 」 Shinsou began, glaring intensely at Izuku, 「 If you know what you want for your future, then you can't worry about appearances. 」

"Ready?"

「 That monkey was going on about his pride... 」

"Start!"

「 ...but don't you think he was dumb for throwing away his chance? 」 Shinsou inquired, making the greenet angry at his words. 「 What did you say?! 」 Izuku yelled.

Shinsou smirked, watching the greenet abruptly stop and stilled. 「 I win. 」 He said.

「 I went through the trouble of warning him, too! 」 Ojiro exclaimed, suddenly standing up from his seat and catching some of the class' attention.

BoBoiBoy kept silent, his internal turmoil arguing if he should cheer or not. He listens to Hizashi's commentaries, his classmates worried murmurs, Aizawa's providing some basic data for the audience, all the while he just can't tear his eyes away from the match.

From the stands, BoBoiBoy could barely hear what Shinsou was saying to Izuku. 「 You're lucky that you've been blessed, Midoriya Izuku. 」 Shinsou said before ordering the greenet, 「 Turn around and walk out of bounds. 」

And Izuku follows.

Or in Hizashi's words, Izuku was strangely being so obedient. He hears Ochako and Tenya worriedly wondering why and what was going on. Nearing the out of bounds line, BoBoiBoy is at the edge of his seat.

「 You probably don't understand, but even with a Quirk like this, I have my own dream. 」 He barely hears Shinsou say to Izuku. 「 Now, lose for me. 」

All of a sudden, the stage is engulfed in a large pressure of wind. When the dust settles, everyone stares at the panting Izuku in shock.

「 Th-This is...! Midoriya's stopped! 」 Present Mic exclaimed, breaking the silence, as the audience erupts in cheers.

While Ochako, Tenya, and Ojiro are relieved to see Izuku break free, BoBoiBoy's eyes zone in at the greenet's fingers, 【 His fingers... Did he break through the brainwashing by making them explode...? BoBoiBoy thought to himself, concerned for his greenet friend.

Shinsou then yells questions at Izuku who immediately covers his mouth to prevent himself from responding.

「 What did you do?! 」 Shinsou yelled, desperately trying to prompt Izuku to speak. 「 Say something. 」

Izuku stayed silent. It irritated Shinsou, so he decided to change what he said in an effort to evoke something. 「 You can produce that much power just by moving your fingers? I'm jealous. 」

Starting to run towards Shinsou, Izuku never says a word at the indigo-haired teen's words. 「 Thanks to my Quirk, I've been behind from the start. Someone who's been blessed like you can't understand, can you? 」 Shinsou said, his voice raising more and more.

「 Someone like you who was born with the ideal Quirk! Someone who can reach your goal! 」 Shinsou yelled, his frustrations bubbling up.

Watching the fight, BoBoiBoy knows that this must've hit home for Izuku. Using his uninjured hand, Izuku pushed Shinsou with full force.

「 Say something! 」 Shinsou shouts, punching the greenet in the face, however, to Shinsou's shock, Izuku was unfazed as he kept pushing. Noticing that he was near the out of bounds line, Shinsou punches Izuku's injured finger, causing the greenet to grunt in pain.

「 You've got to be kidding! 」 Shinsou exclaimed, throwing Izuku behind him, 「 You get out! 」 He yelled, pushing the greenet out of bounds, but unfortunately for him . . .

Izuku grabbed Shinsou by the collar and arm, skitting to a stop near the out of bounds line, throwing the indigo-haired teen over his shoulder. Everyone stared in dead silence as Shinsou was slammed onto the ground.

「 Shinsou is out of bounds! 」 Midnight announced, 「 Midoriya advances to round two! 」

The crowd roared with screams of cheers.

—————————

Hitoshi, opening his eyes, gritted his teeth. The announcement of his opponent's advancement to the second round. He had lost. It was over.

「 That was kind of a boring first match, but we should praise them both for a bravely fought match. 」 Present Mic exclaimed, 「 Clap your hands! 」

Hitoshi was back on his feet, in the middle of the stage with his opponent, numbly listening to the audience's cheers. He felt the others gaze at him and before he knew it, he spoke.

「 How did you do it... 」 Hitoshi muttered, receiving nothing but silence, as Midoriya averted eyes, his opponent apprehensive for some reason.

A thought pops into Hitoshi's mind. Clenching his fists, Hitoshi glared at the other. 「 Did BoBoiBoy tell you something? 」 He questioned, his voice shaking, 「 Was he just faking it? Was he just lying to me— 」

Stop. 」 Midoriya cuts him off firmly, glaring back at Hitoshi. 「 Don't bring BoBoiBoy up in this. He never told me anything. 」

「 Please, just... 」 Midoriya's face softens up, turning more sad than mad. 「 He's been through so much and yet he continues to be the most genuine and positive guy I know. 」

「 He wouldn't have forsaken you. 」 Midoriya said softly, leaving Hitoshi in stunned silence. The two then look over to the stands, noticing a smiling BoBoiBoy giving them both a thumbs up. Hitoshi couldn't help but feel guilty for doubting the brunet.

「 Shinsou-kun, why do you want to be a hero? 」 Midoriya suddenly asked, the question making his chest ache.

「 You can't help the things you long for. 」 Hitoshi answered, turning away and walking off the stage.

Izuku understood how Shinsou felt, he had felt the same before he had inherited One For All. Watching the indigo-haired teen walk away, Izuku knew there wasn't anything he could say to the other . . . but he didn't need to.

「 You were really cool, Shinsou! 」

「 Good job! 」

「 You're the start of the general studies! 」

Shinsou's classmates shouted cheers and praises which left the indigo-haired teen shocked, looking up at his fellow general studies peers. Then, one of them pointed towards the spectating pro heroes. They all seemed to ring Shinsou's potential, praising the teen and his Quirk.

「 You hear that, Shinsou? 」 Shinsou's classmate exclaimed, 「 You're amazing! 」

Izuku watched the indigo-haired teen's head hang low, unsure of what the other was thinking. Unbeknownst to him, Shinsou was recalling what he was told before.

I think you'd make an awesome hero, Shin-kun! BoBoiBoy's words echoed in his mind, making him clench his fist.

「 Depending on the results, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. 」 Shinsou began, his voice firm, as he reminded Izuku of the possibility, 「 Remember that. 」

「 Even if it didn't work this time, I definitely won't give up. 」 Shinsou stated, declaring his continued pursuit of his dream, 「 I'll get into the hero course, get certified, and I'll definitely become a better hero than you guys! 」

Giving Shinsou a small nod, Izuku responded affirmatively, promptly getting brainwashed by Shinsou. 「 He got me! Even though the match is over, what's he...? 」 He inquired in his head.

「 People are usually wary of me when they talk to me, though... 」 Shinsou let a smirk form on his face, glancing back at the still greenet.「 At this rate, someone'll trip you up in no time. 」

Letting the greenet from his brainwashing, Shinsou tells Izuku, 「 At least... don't lose in an unseemly way. 」 earning another affirmative reply that gets Izuku brainwashed again as Shinsou stares at him with a deadpan look.

—————————

Once the match was over, BoBoiBoy made his way over to the nurse's office to check up on Izuku. On his way there, he bumps into a familiar indigo-haired individual.

「 Shin-kun! 」BoBoiBoy exclaimed at the sight of the said teen, 「 Hey! I was hoping to bump into you! 」

「 You were? 」 Shinsou raised an eyebrow as BoBoiBoy crossed his arms and pouted, oddly enough it made the indigo-haired teen crack a small smirk. 「 What are you doing here, anyway? Isn't your match still a few matches away? 」 Shinsou inquired, attempting to hide his smile with the back of his hand.

「 I just wanted to tell you that you were awesome out there! I was at the edge of my seat! 」 BoBoiBoy stated, grinning widely, as he gave the indigo-haired teen a thumbs up. 「 And um... I'm just going to check up on Izukun. He's tough but I still wanna see him and congratulate him, too! 」 He added at the end.

Shinsou just shook his head, letting out a short chuckle. 「 You're weird. 」 He mutters, causing BoBoiBoy to turn to him in confusion. 「 See you around. 」 Shinsou simply said, walking off in the other direction.

Before he ascends the rest of the stairs up, Shinsou looks over his shoulder and mumbles,「 Oh, and... good luck on your matches, 」 before hurrying away. BoBoiBoy's eyes light up, smiling at how Shinsou mimicked his exit from before.

BoBoiBoy turned and continued his way to the nurse's office while mentally blushing as he had called Shinsou 'Shin-kun' again. The indigo-haired teen didn't seem to react to him calling him that, but was he being too forward by giving him a nickname right off the bat? He shakes his head, opting to leave that conversation the next time he bumps into Shinsou.

He arrives at the nurse's office with Recovery Girl patching Izuku up, and Toshinori is here, too! Izuku was the first to notice BoBoiBoy's presence, waving to him with his good hand while BoBoiBoy returned the gesture to the three individuals in the room.

「 Congrats on winning your first match! 」 BoBoiBoy exclaimed, making the greenet blush, but noticed the downcasted look on Izuku's face.

「 In the match with Shinsou-kun, I couldn't smile at all. 」 Izuku suddenly states as Toshinori sighes, 「 Well, his cries hit close to home for you, huh? 」 The skinny man said as Izuku nodded.

「 But that didn't mean that I could lose. 」 Izuku muttered, his brows furrowing as stared at his now wrapped up fingers. 「 That's what it means to aim for number one, right? 」

「 Poor thing. 」 Recovery Girl sighed, moving her chair towards Toshinori, as she scolds him, 「 You put some weird pressure on him again, didn't you? 」

BoBoiBoy and Izuku simultaneously jumped when witnessing the nurse punch Toshinori in the gut, hard, as the man yelped in pain. At that moment, Izuku remembered what had happened during his match.

「 Oh yeah, All Mi— Toshinori-san. 」 Izuku said, all eyes on him as he spoke, 「 I had a vision... 」

Izuku explained what had happened during his match with Shinsou. His mind was filled with fog when he was brainwashed; then, driving away the fog, the vision appeared, and eight or maybe nine people were there. For a moment, he was barely able to move his fingertips.

「 There was someone with eyes like you, too. 」 Izuku mumbled, suddenly having an epiphany, 「 Was it... the people who had inherited One For All who did it? 」 He inquired.

「 Scary... What the heck? 」 Toshinori muttered, his face terror-filled. 「 What? I thought you'd know about it! 」 Izuku exclaimed as Toshinori clarifies himself, 「 No, I also saw it before, in my younger days. 」

「 It's a clear sign that you've got a better grasp on One For All. 」

「 What does that mean? 」 Izuku inquired as his mentor tried to explain it as best as he could.

「 I think it's a trace of something they left behind in One For All. It's not something with intent that can interfere with you, and you can't interfere with them. In other words, that vision isn't what got rid of the brainwashing. 」

「 It was that when you saw the vision, your strong emotions allowed you to overcome Young Shinsou's Brainwashing for just long enough to move your fingertips, I think. 」

「 That explanation's not satisfying at all, though... 」 Izuku mutters, scratching the back of his head, unsatisfied with the answer he was given. Meanwhile, BoBoiBoy feels his headache returning, 「 I feel like my heads gonna explode. 」 The brunet mumbles, having too much already to process.

「 Don't get too hung up about it! 」 Toshinori exclaimed, changing the subject to the sports festival, 「 More importantly, don't you need to go see who you'll fight next? 」

BoBoiBoy and Izuku perk up at the mention of the still ongoing tournament. They both scampered towards the door. 「 Thank you both very much! 」 Izuku said as BoBoiBoy waved goodbye to them.

Just as BoBoiBoy closed the door behind them, his ears picked up on something . . .

「 You... were there, too, he said. 」

「 That's a good thing. 」

—————————

Izuku and BoBoiBoy soon return to the stands where they are greeted by Uraraka and Iida, having saved their seats for them to which the two thanked them for. Making his way to his seat, Izuku and Ojiro lock eyes. The tailed teen lifted a fist to the greenet as Izuku gave Ojiro a small nod before sitting down while BoBoiBoy took his seat next to Yaoyorozu.

The second match is between Aoyama and Ashido. 「 We're gonna keep right on going with the second match! 」 Present Mic announced.

Even though he's wearing a belt, he won't transform! From the hero course, it's Aoyama Yuuga!

Versus—

Is something going to come out of those horns? Well? From the hero course, it's Ashido Mina!

The two seemed to have a short back and forth, most likely riling each other up. Izuku can hear his classmates cheer for different people. The greenet turned to glance at his classmates and found Mineta wrapped up in tape as BoBoiBoy, thanking Sero for help, glared at the purple-haired boy. Mineta had made an inappropriate comment and BoBoiBoy wasn't having it.

Never be an asshole towards others in front of BoBoiBoy; he will not take it lightly.

Izuku turned back to the stage, pulling out a notebook seemingly out of thin air, as he started scribbling notes on it. Whoever wins this match will be his opponent in the next round so he's making predictions on who it might be. Unbeknownst to him, however, he had gone into his mutterings again, catching his entire class' attention.

「 A match between Aoyama-kun and Ashido-san. Considering their Quirks... Aoyama-kun will probably attack from a distance with his laser. So the match will be decided by how well Ashido-san can slip through Aoyama-kun's attacks and turn it into a close combat match. But there's nothing to use as cover on the stage, so Ashido-san might be at a slight disadvantage. 」

「 You're already thinking of countermeasures, huh? 」 Uraraka said, snapping the greenet out of his dazed mutterings. Izuku immediately covers his mouth, embarrassed at his habit of muttering to himself out loud.

Izuku quickly apologizes for his mumbling, explaining how it was pretty much his hobby, even showing his friends the pages about their Quirk.

「 I see! However... I do not see BoBoiBoy's page. 」 Iida said, adjusting his glasses as he looked at the notebooks pages.

Uraraka nodded, also realizing that, but also tilted her head. 「 You have a new notebook. Good, your old one was all burnt and torn up! 」 She exclaimed as Iida then saw that as well.

「 Oh, yeah. BoBoiBoy gave me a new one! Even though I was fine still using my old one. 」 Izuku stated, scratching the back of his head, as BoBoiBoy gave him a thumbs up.

「 And, I do have a page for BoBoiBoy. Well— more like an entire separate notebook dedicated to him. BoBoiBoy said I was gonna need the whole notebook. 」 Izuku added, receiving shocked and confused looks from his classmates aside from BoBoiBoy.

A whole notebook for one person?! Just what is BoBoiBoy capable of?!

"Second match, start!"

Izuku immediately turns towards the stage again, watching the fight of his future opponent. Aoyama attacks first, blasting his laser at Ashido who gracefully avoids it. The pinkette is using her Acid Quirk to skate around the stage, dodging Aoyama's laser with ease.

At this point Ojiro asked Izuku what his prediction was on who's going to win. Izuku tells of the two's strengths and weaknesses, and how he thinks Ashido is slightly disadvantaged due to the flat empty stage, however, he believes she will win.

And as the fight carries on, Izuku's prediction was correct with a few errors in it. Ashido was agile and swift, easily dodging all of Aoyama's attacks, effectively wearing him down. Feeling sick, Aoyama's stomach starts to ache which gives Ashido an opening.

Throwing acid at Aoyama's belt, Ashido destroys the equipment along with the blond's pants to which Aoyama desperately tries to keep from falling. In the end, Ashido finishes the match off with an uppercut, rendering Aoyama unconscious.

「 Aoyama-kun has fainted! 」 Midnight announced, exclaiming Ashido's victory, 「 Ashido-san advances to the second round! 」

Cheers filled the stadium, camera's flashing, as Present Mic exclaimed Ashido's indisputable easy victory.

Izuku quickly scribbles on his notebook, correcting some of his notes. 「 The match unfolded as I expected, but I misjudged Ashido-san's physical strength. Even during the Quirk assessment test, she placed tenth, ninth excluding BoBoiBoy, out of everyone, including the boys. It wasn't because of her Quirk—she's got excellent physical abilities. 」 And his muttering returned.

Iida bids his friends goodbye, going off to get ready for his match that was up next, as they wished him good luck.

The third match is between Iida and Hatsume. 「 Now, it's time for the third match! We're just gonna keep rolling! Rush headlong towards the top! 」 Present Mic announced, the audience cheering wildly.

It's like he's the epitome of the middle of the pack! From the hero course, it's Iida Tenya!

Versus—

Fully-equipped with support items! From the support course, it's Hatsume Mei!

「 He's up against the support course, huh? 」

「 I wonder what kind of fight it'll be? 」

「 I mean, what is that? 」

Izuku's classmates all wondered as the greenet, himself, stared, confused at his spectacled friend. On the stage, Iida was also fully-equipped with support items!

「 That's against the rules for those in the hero course. 」 Midnight stated, pointing her whip at Iida, 「 Those who must use equipment needed to petition beforehand. 」

「 I forgot about that! 」 Iida exclaimed, completely forgetting that rule, 「 Aoyama also wore a belt, so I thought it was fine! 」

「 He submitted a petition. 」 Midnight explained as Iida immediately bowed his head, apologizing sincerely for his mistake, 「 I humbly apologize! 」

「 However, my heart was moved by my opponent's sportsmanship. Even though she is from the support course, she said she wanted an even match since she made it this far. She said she wanted to fight fairly. So, she gave me this equipment! 」

「 I did not think I could ignore her fighting spirit! 」 Iida exclaimed, explaining the reasoning as to why he had the equipment.

「 Oh, youth! 」 Midnight shouted, feeling thrilled at such passion, 「 I'll allow it! 」

「 So it's fine? 」 Present Mic inquired as Eraser Head muttered in unsure affirmation, 「 Well, if they both agree on it, then it's within regulations... I guess? 」

Izuku couldn't help but think about what Iida had said. 「 Is Hatsume-san someone who'd say that? 」 Izuku thought to himself, suddenly having an idea of why she had done it, 「 Could it be...?

Glancing at the brunet, Izuku locks eyes with BoBoiBoy who's expression told him everything he needed to. Poor Iida.

「 Well, since permission's been granted, let's start the third match!

Tenya runs the moment the match started when Hatsume's voice suddenly echoed in the stadium, 「 Isn't that acceleration wonderful, Iida-kun? 」 She asked the spectacled teen questioned why she was wearing a mic.

「 Don't your legs feel lighter than usual? 」 Hatsume exclaimed, pointing at the equipment attached to Iida's legs, 「 That's only to be expected! Those leg parts are helping the wearer's movements along! 」

When Iida neared her, she pressed a button and a pole extended out, almost tripping Iida. 「 And I... can evade easily with my hydraulic attachments! 」

She continued this format, explaining all of her inventions to the audience, at the expense of Iida.

「 Who developed all of these items? It was me, Hatsume Mei! 」 Hatsume exclaimed loudly with her arms stretched out,「 Everyone from the support companies, the choice is clear—Hatsume Mei, Hatsume Mei, Hatsume Mei! 」

Ten minutes later . . .

Hatsume steps out of bounds. 「 I've presented each and every last one of them. I have nothing left to say! 」 She said, wiping the sweat off her face.

「 H-Hatsume-san is out of bounds. 」 Midnight announced, 「 Iida-kun advances to the second round! 」

「 You tricked me...! 」 Iida shouted angrily as Hatsume mumbled an apology,「 I'm sorry. I used you. 」 All the while, Iida yells out how he hates her for doing such a thing.

「 Iida-kun's earnest, so she probably said some things that sounded good to get him on board. 」 Izuku muttered, feeling bad for Iida but also respecting Hatsume, 「 Hatsume-san's not just honest, she will also use any means to reach her goal. 」

「 Amazing. 」 He said, scribbling on his notebook again.

—————————

Shouto exits his waiting room at the announcement of the third match's conclusion. It was a lot longer than the previous matches, ten minutes longer, so it made Shouto wonder what had happened during it.

Midoriya won his match, and if he wins his next one... 」 Shouto thought to himself, before he stopped in his tracks when he turned the corner.

「 You're in my way. 」 Shouto ordered, a hint of anger in his voice, as he glared at his old man. Enji stood, leaning against the wall, with his arms crossed.

「 You're acting disgracefully, Shouto. 」 Enji said, but Shouto ignored him and walked past him

「 If you used the power in your left side, you would've had an overwhelming victory in the obstacle course and the cavalry battle. 」 Enji told him, his voice increasing getting more demanding, 「 Stop this childish rebellion already. 」

His words made Shouto grit his teeth as he tried to ignore him.

「 You have a duty to surpass All Might. 」 Enji stated, making Shouto angry by the second, 「 Do you understand? 」

「 You're different from your siblings. 」 Enji tells what Shouto has already heard for the umpteenth time, 「 You are the greatest masterpiece! 」

「 Is that all you can say, bastard? 」 Shouto said, firmly declaring to him, 「 I will win and advance with just Mom's power. I won't use your power when I fight. 」

「 Even if that works for now, you'll soon reach the limits of that power, 」 was the last thing Enji had told him before he entered the stage. The man's words made Shouto's blood boil.

Shouto was angry.

—————————

「 Next up is... these guys! 」 Present Mic announced, introducing the next two students fighting.

He's good! He's good, but what's with that plainess he just can't get rid of? From the hero course, it's Sero Hanta!

Versus—

Taking third, then first in the prelims! You're way too strong, kid! He wasn't recommended for admission for nothing! Also from the hero course, it's Todoroki Shouto!

Sero knew he probably wouldn't win. 「 Well, I don't feel like I can win... 」

"Ready... Start!"

「 ...but I don't feel like losing, either! 」 Sero exclaimed, shooting out his tapes immediately after the go. Surprisingly, Todoroki gets caught, and Sero uses all his might to fling the heterochromic teen out of bounds. The audience goes wild while Class A is shocked to see the turn of events. Maybe Sero did have a chance of winning . . .

Todoroki counterattacked.

It happened in an instant. Todoroki used ice, freezing the ground and the tape wrapped around him, and Sero couldn't even react. The stadium shook and everything went dead silent.

A gigantic glacier of ice covered almost half the stadium. Class A stared shell-shocked, the ice only a few meters away from them. Even the people outside from the stadium could see the ice cover a portion of the top.

Todoroki easily breaks free from the frozen tape, and he turns towards his opponent, shivering from his now frozen body. 「 Don't... Don't you think that's a bit much? 」 Sero stuttered, questioning why Todoroki had to freeze him and half the stadium.

Midnight, who was half frozen, asked, 「 Sero-kun, can you move? 」 To which Sero obviously said no. 「 O-Of course not... Ow... 」

「 Sero-kun is immobilized! 」 Midnight announced, 「 Todoroki-kun advances to the second round! 」

Todoroki approached his frozen classmate, apologizing to him, 「 Sorry, I went overboard. 」 Todoroki said, placing his left hand on Sero's chest, as he started to melt the ice, 「 I was angry. 」

Under the eyes of the crowd that started shouting "Don't worry about it" unprompted was Todoroki, melting what he'd frozen with his left side. For some reason . . . he looked very sad to Izuku.

Izuku glanced at BoBoiBoy, who wore an unreadable expression, as the brunet stands up and walks away. Right . . .

It's BoBoiBoy's match next.

—————————

After finally melting all of the ice he created, Shouto made his way back to his class' stand. He stopped in his tracks when he turned the corner and bumped into the second last person he wanted to see.

Shouto and BoBoiBoy stared at each other, both of their eyes blown wide, as they stayed still and silent. Shouto tells himself to move, but his body doesn't move. Instead, BoBoiBoy was the one to break the silence.

「 Congrats on advancing, Todoroki-san. 」 BoBoiBoy said flatly, walking past the heterochromic teen with another glance.

The moment BoBoiBoy's footstep faded in the background, Shouto let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He clutches his chest, feeling an awful ache suffocating it. Hearing his last name come out of BoBoiBoy's mouth left foriegn; it didn't feel right.

His mind wanders to a memory. A moment he had with BoBoiBoy.

Shouto was the first to arrive in the library. Usually Yaoyorozu and BoBoiBoy were there before him, but today, they weren't there. Had there been a cancellation? He really hoped not; he didn't want to go home early right now.

His worries were eased when BoBoiBoy, waving at the heterochromic teen, entered the library as the brunet scurried over to their usual table.

Hope you weren't waiting long! Momo had to leave early today, and I had to talk with Aizawa-sensei about something. BoBoiBoy said, whispering to keep quiet, as he took a seat next to Shouto.

It's fine. Shouto said, internally relieved to be able to stay behind longer. The two brung out the homework they were given that day, working on it in silence.

Usually, BoBoiBoy was the one who did most of the talking with Yaoyorozu adding in every now and then. They never really cared how Shouto barely talked, and that made him feel comfortable.

But today, BoBoiBoy was unusually less talkative. Why? Was it because Yaoyorozu wasn't there? Was it because of Shouto? Questions circled his brain that he didn't register him dropping his pen until BoBoiBoy spoke.

Roki-kun? You dropped your pen. BoBoiBoy held out the pen towards Shouto, who accepted it and muttered a thanks. BoBoiBoy smiled as the two went back to work.

There was a minute of silence before the two suddenly turned to each other. Are you okay? They simultaneously said, shocking each other.

BoBoiBoy lets out a soft chuckle, telling Shouto he can go first. Hesitant, Shouto takes a minute to finally spill his words out. You're unusually quiet today... did something happen? Shouto asked.

It was BoBoiBoy's turn to be apprehensive. But eventually, he tells him what's on his mind. I noticed you had bandages earlier, and how you were off during training... I was worried, and I wanted to ask you about it, but I didn't want to pry. BoBoiBoy explained, fidgeting with his watch, as he glanced at Shouto.

Dread fills Shouto. He had done his best to hide his injuries but BoBoiBoy managed to notice still. He stayed silent, trying to think of some sort of excuse. I was training yesterday and accidentally went too far... He lied, and gosh, was that a terrible lie. Shouto"s voice said it so unsurely that BoBoiBoy immediately knew he wasn't telling the truth.

But instead of asking more questions like Shouto expected, BoBoiBoy just told him, You can tell me when you're ready, y'know? It's okay. Hearing that, it stuck to Shouto how genuinely sensitive BoBoiBoy was about others.

And I'll make sure to keep you longer after school when I can.

BoBoiBoy added with a smile, and for once, Shouto let out a snort. The heterochromic teen covering his mouth immediately to which the brunet burst out in quiet laughter. Shouto allowed himself to smile that time.

Thanks. He said as BoBoiBoy gave him a wide grin, Anytime, Roki-kun!

Shouto glanced behind him, seeing that BoBoiBoy was long gone. 「 Anytime... 」 He mutters before waking off.

—————————

「 Everybody, sorry for the long wait! 」 Present Mic exclaimed, announcing the next match, 「 The stage that was frozen in the fourth match is finally dry, so onto the next match! 」

He's a wildcard for sure! What else does he have up his sleeves?! From the hero course, it's foriegn exchange student BoBoiBoy!

Versus—

Sparking Killing Boy! From the hero course, it's Kaminari Denki!

BoBoiBoy stood face-to-face against Kaminari. From everyone's point of view, it was a normal face off, however, Izuku can't help but notice the sadness in BoBoiBoy's face.

「 I don't know which element you're gonna use... and you haven't shown off your other elements yet... 」 Kaminari muttered, staring warily at the brunet. 「 Man, this sucks. 」

BoBoiBoy flashed a mischievous smirk at the blond. 「 I'll give you a hint then. 」 He teased, still grinning widely, 「 I'm using one of the elements I haven't shown off yet. 」

Kaminari took the statement as a win for him. 「 Well, that makes things easy. I won't have to worry about your lightning element. 」 The blond said, getting ready to fight.

"Ready?"

「 This match'll probably be over in a second! 」 Kaminari declared.

"Start!"

「 Indiscriminate Shock... 」 Electricity started emitting from Kaminari's body.

【 Elemental Power! BoBoiBoy Daun! 】 Light engulfed the brunet, blinding some of the audience.

「 1.3 Million Volts! 」Kaminari shouted, letting out a burst of electricity everywhere.

【 Woven Leaf Barrier! 】 A barrier blocks the electricity, protecting the brunet from Kaminari's attack. 【 Creeping Vine! 】 He shouted as vines shot straight for Kaminari, wrapping the now dumbified blond in a tight bind.

「 Hehe! I win! 」 Daun celebrated as the audience roared in cheers at the appearance of a new element. His gym uniform turned a light green, and the reds replaced with emerald greens.

Daun skips over to Kaminari, patting him on the back and assuring him he did his best, before he booped the blond's nose with his finger. Unfortunately, his boop was strong enough to push Kaminari backwards, making the blond fall the several steps of the stage until he hit the bottom.

「 Um. Whoops! 」 Daun said, cringing at each loud thud of when Kaminari fell. 「 Yay! 」 Kaminari uttered, holding up two thumbs up, as the blond was still dumbified.

「 Another display of his power! BoBoiBoy is just full of surprises! 」 Present Mic exclaimed, 「 It was decided in an instant! I'll say it once more! An instant! 」

「 BoBoiBoy-kun advances to the second round! 」 Midnight announced.

Daun quickly runs down the stairs to check up on the Kaminari, following the robots that carried the blond in a stretcher to nurse's office, as he leaves the stage.

「 What's that? Didn't he say he'd settle this in a second? 」 Monoma, from his class' stands, yelled over the barrier separating their stands. 「 That's strange, he was defeated in a second, wasn't he? Class A is really full of themselves, aren't they? 」

He continued to pester them, however, Kendou quickly chopped his neck and knocked him unconscious. 「 Sorry! 」 Kendou apologized, dragging the blond away.

What was that just now? The class simultaneously thought.

Midoriya didn't mind them and focused more on scribbling on his notebook. His muttering returned, reanalyzed what happened, as his class stared at him again.

「 Kaminari-kun's Quirk is supposed to be strong, but against BoBoiBoy who's a top contender for the strongest , it's practically nothing. Vines, huh? I wonder if it's like Kamui Wood's Quirk. Binding types really are strong. I hardly ever see anyone break out. It's impossible to get close while avoiding those vines, so you either have to tear them off or get through with brute force... Oh, but BoBoiBoy has his other elements too... um... 」

Ochako couldn't help but be amazed all over the greenet, telling him so, 「 Deku-kun, you've been amazing since I met you, but the sports festival is making me think that you're amazing all over again. 」 She said, shocking him a bit but he thanked the brunette, nonetheless.

As he went back to writing in his notebook, Ochako excused herself, leaving her cold drink on her seat. She needs to prepare.

—————————

BoBoiBoy exited the nurse's office when Recovery Girl assured him that Kaminari was fine. And on his way back to the stands, he bumps into Momo.

「 Oh, Momo! Good luck with your match! 」 He told the noirette who thanked him and smiled back, albeit a bit weaker.

He, of course, notices this and inquires. 「 You okay, Momo? 」 The noirette looked shocked as she wasn't expecting the brunet to take note of it.

「 I guess I'm just nervous. I've been trying to come up with a plan but... 」 Momo admits, hugging herself a bit, but BoBoiBoy was quick to reassure her. 「 Whether you win or lose, I know you'll do great! You can do it! 」

Momo felt a bit better, but she was still unsure.

「 And hey, maybe you could figure out his weakness! 」 BoBoiBoy added, winking at her to which she was confused, but the brunet doesn't elaborate any further.

Waving goodbye, Momo watched her friend leave, wishing her good luck again. 「 Tokoyami-san's weakness... 」 She thought about it, what was a shadow's weakness?

Then it clicks.

—————————

「 Now, we've got no time to lose! Let's move onto the sixth match! 」 Present Mic announced, introducing the next participants.

Offense and defense in one body! The dark samurai accompanied by Dark Shadow! From the hero course, it's Tokoyami Fumikage!

Versus—

All purpose Creation! She was admitted through recommendations, so her abilities are certified! From the hero course, it's Yaoyorozu Momo!

Momo stood, apprehensive but determined, as she watched her opponent carefully. Going up against Tokoyami and Dark Shadow, who are offense and defense in one body. Time will be key here.

Taking a deep breath, Momo concentrates her mind on what she's going to make. "Sixth match, start!" And her eyes snap open.

「 Go, Dark Shadow! 」 Tokoyami attacks immediately, sending Dark Shadow after her, before the shadow entity can come any closer, Momo throws something at it.

Dark Shadow was about to fling it to the side when, all of a sudden, it burst into a bright flash of light, blinding everyone except Momo. She had created a flashbang.

The shadow entity cried out, covering its eyes, as Tokoyami tried to calm it down. Momo, then, quickly creates a pole to use as a weapon; she charges straight after the raven head who could do nothing but defend, unable to use the scared Dark Shadow.

「 Yaoyorozu has immobilized Dark Shadow and is pressuring Tokoyami! What will he do now without his Quirk? 」 Present Mic's commentary echoed, but Momo stayed focused on her match.

She doesn't ease up, not allowing Tokoyami to have an opening to counterattack. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Just keep pressing and push him out! However, nothing ever goes the way you want it to.

Just as she was about to finally push the raven head out of bounds, Momo catches Dark Shadow from the corner of her eye and creates a shield to protect herself from the attack. The force of the attack causes her to stagger back a bit.

It seemed like the shadow entity had calmed down, but Momo could always make another flashbang. However, Tokoyami kept sending Dark Shadow to pressure her. The noirette had no choice but to keep creating shields in order to keep himself from getting attacked.

She does manage to make another flashband, chucking it straight at the shadow entity, but before it explodes, Dark Shadow had grabbed her, flinging as hard as he could towards the out of bounds.

Momo crashed to the ground and heard her flashbang go off immediately after alongside Dark Shadow cries. She pushes herself up, her fists clenching, as she desperately keeps her composure.

「 Yaoyorozu-san! Out of bounds! 」 Midnight announced, 「 Tokoyami-kun advances to the second round! 」

But, she lost.

Tokoyami retrieves Dark Shadow, approaching the noirette and bowing his head, as the raven head apologized if he had hurt her. Momo put a smile on and assured Tokoyami she was alright and watched the raven head nod and leave.

「 No... I was so close... I still want to fight... 」 Momo mumbled, standing up from his stop, as she started to leave as well.

Her name being shouted from the stands catches her attention. Momo follows the voice and spots BoBoiBoy waving at her. Seeing her friend smile at her made her heart ache.

She really wanted to see how she'd fare against BoBoiBoy.

—————————

BoBoiBoy watched Momo leave the stage, worried for his friend. He was so fixated on his thoughts that he barely notices Izuku leaving.

「 Okay? Let's move on! Next up— 」 Present Mic announced, 「 The seventh match is a match-up between redundant Quirks! 」

Manly and passionate steel! From the hero course, it's Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!

Versus—

Manly and passionate hardening! From the hero course, it's Kirishima Eijirou!

「 Go, Tetsutetsu! 」 Kendou and Class B cheered for their classmate, while Kyouka stabbed a snoozing Mineta with her ear jack. 「 Get a hold of yourself. 」 She told him.

Let's start this passionate seventh match!

The match starts with a fury of punches exchanged. Since the two had similar Quirks the fight drew out longer than most. BoBoiBoy watched, waiting for Momo to return.

And as if on cue, Momo arrives and sits down in her seat. She put a front to show she was okay, but BoBoiBoy could tell. He's done it before; he's probably going to end up doing it again.

So, with a gentle grip on her hand, BoBoiBoy gave her a soft smile before focusing back on the match. Momo stared at him for a second before turning towards the stage as well. Momo felt a little bit better.

—————————

「 Both contestants are down! It's a draw! 」 Midnight exclaimed, announcing a tie breaker, 「 In the case of a draw, after they recover, the winner will be determined by a simple contest, like arm wrestling. 」

「 While we wait for Tetsutetsu and Kirishima to recover, we'll start the next match! 」 Present Mic announced as the next participants enter the stage, 「 The eight and last match of the first round! 」

He was kind of famous in middle school! This isn't the face of a regular person! From the hero course, it's Bakugou Katsuki!

Versus—

She's the one I'm rooting for! From the hero course, it's Uraraka Ochako!

「 You're the one that makes things float, right, Round Face? 」 Bakugou said, earning a perplexed expression from Ochako, 「 Round...? 」

「 If you're gonna withdraw, do it now. 」 Bakugou told her point blank, 「 You won't get off with just an 'ouch.' 」

Meanwhile, in the stands, BoBoiBoy greets Izuku and Tenya as the two take their seats. Curious as to where they were, BoBoiBoy listened in on their conversation.

「 Midoriya-kun. 」 Tenya inquired the greenet, 「 What was the strategy you were going to tell Uraraka-kun earlier for her to use against Bakugou-kun? 」

「 Strategy...? 」 BoBoiBoy repeated, receiving a glance from the greenet, before Izuku answered Tenya's query.

「 It wasn't much, really. 」 Izuku started, 「 Kacchan's strong. 」

「 In a real combat fight, he has almost no openings, and the more he moves, the more he sweats, making his Explosion Quirk stronger. He can use the blasts from his explosions to move around in the air, but if Uraraka-san touches Kacchan and uses her Quirk to make him float, then she would have the upper hand. 」

「 That's why... the first thing Uraraka-san should do is... 」 Izuku trailed off, eyes locked on the fight about to occur.

"Eighth match, start!"

「 ...a swift attack! 」 BoBoiBoy finished, watching as Ochako immediately ran, lowered, towards Bakugou.

「 Withdrawing isn't a choice! 」 Ochako shouted at Bakugou.

「 All right! That's good. 」 Izuku exclaimed, mentally wishing his friend all the luck, 「 Even if it's a coincidence, as long as she can touch him, she can make him float! 」

「 Bakugou-kun won't want Uraraka-kun to get close to him. 」 Tenya pointed out as Izuku nodded and said, 「 That's why Kacchan won't want to evade. He'll want to counterattack! 」

Bakugou winds his right arm, yelling at Ochako, 「 Then, die! 」 as she remembered Izuku's analysis on how the spiky blond usually starts with a big right swing.

Before she gets any closer, Bakugou swings his arm upward, sending out a powerful explosion straight at Ochako's face and making her fly backwards. Even though she anticipated it, she couldn't react in time.

With Ochako still in the smoke, Bakugou kept his guard on as his eyes flickered everywhere for any sight of movement. Then, his eyes caught something.

「 Don't underestimate me! 」 Bakugou yells out as he attacks with another explosion, however, when the smoke settled, it turned out to be the brunette's jacket as Ochako appeared behind the blond.

She reaches out, attempting to get him to float but is instead sent flying by another explosion, Bakugou's reflexes being way too fast to get past. Bakugou, then, shoves the smoke away and reveals a fast approaching Ochako who he sends another explosion at.

Ochako dodges his attack, appearing behind him again, as he reaches her hand out. 「 Take this! 」 She shouted but Bakugou fired a big explosion to keep her away.

「 Not yet! 」 Ochako yells, not giving up, as more and more explosions fire off. The more she tried to keep attack, the more Bakugou fired off his explosions.

As the match continued on, BoBoiBoy wondered what Ochako was planning when he noticed something. Oh. Oh.

「 Uraraka keeps attacking without rest, but... this is... 」 Present Mic narrated but he trailed off at the end.

Soon, a part of crowd grew restless, deeming the fight to be too violent and demanding the fight to be stopped, as some couldn't watch the fight continue.

BoBoiBoy glanced at the loud crowd, frowning at what he could only assume was a pro hero shouting, 「 Hey! How can you say you want to be a hero like that?! 」 The pro hero pointed, angrily telling Bakugou to just finish it already, 「 If there's such a huge difference in your abilities, then hurry up and send her out of bounds! 」

「 Stop bullying and playing with the poor girl! 」 The pro hero yelled, giving the spiky blond thumbs down, as the others around him joined in on booing Bakugou.

「 Says the pro hero rallying the crowd to boo a student... 」 BoBoiBoy mumbled, making the noirette beside him look at him, as he grumbled irately.

「 There's booing from part of the crowd... But honestly, I also feel the sa— 」 Present Mic was cut off, getting elbowed in the face by his commentary buddy, 「 An elbow?! What're ya doin'?! 」

「 Was that a pro saying he's playing around? How many years have you been a pro? 」 Eraser Head took over the mic, harshly questioning the pro hero, 「 If you're saying that with a straight face, there's no point in you watching anymore, so go home! Go home, and look into changing careers! 」

The crowd goes silent, everyone in stunned silence, as Aizawa continued his reprimand.

「 Bakugou is being careful because he's acknowledged the strength of his opponent who has made it this far. 」 Eraser Head explained his student's behavior, 「 It's because he's doing everything he can to win that he can't go easy on her or let his guard down. 」

BoBoiBoy made a mental note to give Aizawa a hug after this or maybe a delicious meal and punch Hizashi for his biased commentary. Finally, someone who noticed what was truly going on.

「 Are you okay, BoBoiBoy? 」 Momo asked, concerned, as BoBoiBoy nodded his head. 「 Yeah... Just mad at the pro heroes and glad Aizawa-sensei stepped in. 」

「 Because of the crowd's booing at Bakugou-san? 」 Momo inquired, earning another nod from the brunet. 「 Yeah, but also because they treat Ocha-kun as if she's weak... 」 BoBoiBoy explained, making Momo's eyes widen.

「 She's not weak... She's pretty strong if you ask me! 」 BoBoiBoy exclaimed as he pointed upwards, Momo followed the point and found her jaw dropping.

On the stage, Bakugou glared at the still standing Ochako as she wiped the sweat off her face. 「 It's about time... I think... 」 She suddenly said, prompting Bakugou to get ready for another attack.

「 Thanks, Bakugou-kun... 」 Ochako thanked him, readying herself to connect her fingertips together, 「 ...for not letting your guard down... 」

Bakugou stares at her confused, oblivious of what was about to come.

In the class B stands, Monoma started commenting on the pro heroes' ignorance. 「 It can't be helped from where Bakugou is, but it's embarrassing for a pro in the stands to start booing without noticing. 」

「 She kept her body low as she advanced, concentrating Bakugou's attacks on the ground, storing up weapons. And then, she narrowed his field of view with relentless attacks to keep him from noticing. 」 Monoma said as he gestures upwards.

In the sky, several pieces and sizes of debris floated above the two participants fighting. The sight left everyone who hadn't noticed before speechless.

「 I'm gonna win! 」 Ochako yelled, pressing her fingertips together, as the debris started falling down.

「 A meteor shower?! 」 Present Mic exclaimed in shock as Eraser Head sighed, 「 You should've noticed. 」

Ochako is seen running towards Bakugou as fast as her tired legs could. 「 With this much debris, whether he's evading or counterattacking, there will definitely be an opening! In that moment, I'll get close to him with my secret move! 」 She thought to herself, stretching her arm out towards him.

However, Bakugou lifted her hands up, and in an instant, created an enormous explosion that destroyed all the falling debris and sent Ochako flying back. And as the dust settled, Bakugou was still standing as Ochako stared at him in disbelief.

「 Since you're friends with Deku, I thought you'd be up to something... 」 Bakugou stated as Ochako shook her head, 「 In one shot... 」 She mumbled.

「 B-Bakugou delivers a satisfying explosion! He blasts boldly through Uraraka's secret plan! 」 Present Mic exclaimed, the audience shocked and speechless at the power of the spiky blond's explosion.

Her plan failed. She did everything she could but Bakugou was unfazed by it all. Nevertheless, she stood up, her legs shaking as she barely was able to stand upright.

Bakugou smirks, shouting 「 All right, let's get serious then, Uraraka! 」 as he started running towards her. But he immediately stops when he watches the brunette barely take a step forward before dropping on the ground.

「 Uraraka's down! 」 Present Mic exclaimed.

The brunette was trembling, her body was unresponsive, but she forced herself to try to keep moving. The sight of her struggling deeply worried her friends.

「 Uraraka-kun... 」 Tenya muttered out her name, his face etched in concern. 「 She passed her limit a long time ago... 」 Izuku stated as they watched Ochako still trying to continue.

BoBoiBoy's heart ached at the sight. She kept moving, barely making any progress, until she stilled. Midnight approached the brunette, holding her hand out to Bakugou as a signal to stop, and checked her condition.

「 Uraraka-san's out of commission. 」 Midnight announced, deeming Ochako unable to fight anymore, 「 Bakugou-kun advances to the next round! 」

And just like that, the eight match was over.

—————————
Daun makes an appearance! I really wanted to lengthen his stay, but it is what it is.

Goodbye, Shinsou... We will see you next time! We got some Roki & BoBoiBoy flashbacks from back when they were still friends. Really wanted Momo to make win but I refrained myself.

The next chapter will be a rollercoaster, than after that will be the last chapter that will concluded the sports festival! (Please free me) This arc is a struggle to make, I will dread all the fight scenes I will have to write in the future.

Thank you for all the reads and comments! See you (hopefully) next week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 390 17
My Hero Academia x Banana Bus Squad Crossover Inspired by the stories "Banana Bus Squad x My Hero Academia" by @GoodHadock and "team 6 of class 1A" b...
16.8K 784 40
(A / N : This story takes place after 1 year after Retak'ka / Boboiboy Galaxy Movie 2 incident. ) What if Boboiboy had a painfull yet sad memory? Wha...
24.5K 1.3K 20
One jump, one adive, was it really the answer to the problem? Sure it was worth giving a try but would god really answer the prayers? Izuku Midoriya...
127K 3.6K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...