Wanting What I Shouldn't

By Book_obsessed_weirdo

Amara Brady, the schools nerd, her name unknown to any normal persons ears. Straight A's and perfect homework... More

The Main Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Wedding Theme
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (Bonus Chapter)
Chapter 57 (Bonus Chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter 24

22.4K 356 267
By Book_obsessed_weirdo

   Kingston pulls up next to the curb and puts the car in park, drawing his hand away from my thigh.

   I stare out the window at the light glaring and music blaring house. It's a nice sized house painted in a white exterior and black shudders. Lights of all different colors are glaring through the windows, the music so loud I can hear it from in the car shaking the ground. People are all over, in the front yard, by the entrance to the door, crowded in the house, and some on the balconies.

   Looking back over at Kingston I give him a smile as he rolls his eyes and unbuckles his seat belt, turning the car off and grabbing the keys out, I follow suit and unbuckle mine as well.

   "Wait for me to get your door," Kingston tells me as he opens his and steps out. The cold air rushes in and makes me shiver as he looks at the house with narrowed eyes as the music vibrates the car.

   The door closes and Kingston makes his way over to my side of the car. His hand lands on the handle and he gently pulls it open offering me his hand. I gently slide my hand into his, the warmth that the heated seats gave me returning.

   My heels touch the curd and I quickly straighten out my dress, pulling the fabric down my thighs before looking up at Kingston.

   His hand lands on the black of the car door and pushes the door closed with a firm shove. He locks the car before hooking his arm protectively around my waist.

   Looking up at him is like staring at a tall building. But his gray hawk eyes are scanning the crowd. His lips tilt at the corners but that's it.

   A sigh leaves my chest and Kingston looks down at me.

   I don't think he's going to be smiling much tonight.

Something in me made me frown at the thought of Kingston not smiling the entire night but it quickly faded as I saw Mason, Dawson, Liam and Asher over by the front door.

  They all look nice. They're all wearing the black ripped jeans and black leather jackets with silver zippers. Some wearing white t-shirts and some wearing black.

I try to pull out of Kingston's hold but he just tightens his arm around me "No amor. You're staying with me." He tells me and I frown at him.

He looks down at me and sees my frown, his eyes glancing down at the necklace hanging around my neck. His chest heaves with a sigh as his arm loosens "Fine love, go hang out with them. I'll be inside. Don't drink to much." He tells me and I nod my head quickly.

I go to run off but Kingston grabs my wrist and pulls me into his chest "Give me a kiss," he tells me. I push up onto my toes and give him a quick kiss, trying to pull free again but he grabs me and pulls me back.

I groan in frustration.

"Look at me." He commands as he grabs my face and pulls it up. We lock eyes and he continues "You stay by Liam or Mason or Dawson. You behave and listen to what they say. You wait for me if I come to find you. And you don't drink too much. Do you understand me?" He sets the rules as clear as day.

I nod quickly "Yes! Yes I understand!" I tell him and he nods, nodding his head towards the group of guys "Go on."

Yanking out of his hold I book it towards the group. Mason sees me coming and smiles, Dawson playfully rolling his eyes at me and Liam smiles at me, taking a swig of the beer in his hand.

Surprisingly I can run fast in heels.

Slowing to a stop I walk over to Liam, looking up at him with a smile "Hey Lee!" I greet and he smiles, putting his arm around my shoulders.

He glances up from me and nods, I follow his gaze to see Kingston standing there, giving them the 'Protect her and no one is to touch her' look.

Kingston sends me a wink before walking away. I watch him leave and disappear into the crowd before turning to Liam and plucking the beer bottle from his hands "Thanks," I state and quickly down the nasty tasting liquid.

Liam's eyes widen "Uh, A, that's not a good idea..." he tries but I shoo him off "Kingston can't tell me what to do—Ooo! Hey wait!" I yell as a guy walks by with a tray of whiskey.

My legs follow his path as I hear Mason and Dawson curse from behind me as I shove my way through sweaty and over dressed teens.

   "Amara!" I hear Liam call from behind me as I continue to shimmy my way through the crowds, the music blaring and the lights blinding. "Princess!" I hear Mason yell but I ignore him and chase after the guy with whiskey bottles on his tray.

   "Hey! Wait!" I call to the guy who finally hears me and stops, turning to look at me and whistles.

   I come to a stop near him "How much for a whole bottle?" I asked, straightening my dress again. He looks me up and down before handing me a random bottle of whiskey "For you hot stuff, it's free."

   My hand wraps around the bottle and I flash him a toothy smile before walking back towards Liam, Mason and Dawson.

   They all stare at me and I pull the cork out of the bottle with a pop and take a large swig.

   The liquid burns my throat in the best way, making its way into my system. I get more confidence when I'm drinking, but I also have a tendency to speak my thoughts.

   Asher looks at me with a lustful gaze as Mason and Dawson look at each other and curse again. I step closer to Liam, farther away from Asher and take another swig of the whiskey.

   Dawson sighs at me "Smartass, you're going to get drunk and then Kingston's going to have our heads by morning." He states as he reaches forward and tries to grab the whiskey bottle.

   "Nuh uh!" I yank the bottle away from him "I can handle my alcohol. Besides, Kingston can't order me around," my voice comes out in a matter-of-fact tone.

   "I won't get drunk."

~~~~

   Ooohhh I'm soooo drunk.

   Liam and Mason are glaring at me as Dawson had given up on me and took Asher with him and left. The lights fade together as I grin sheepishly up at the two angry guys.

   "We told you not to drink too much!" Liam scolds me and a giggle hick-ups out of me as I stagger around on the floor slightly to keep my balance.

   Mason rolls his eyes at me and I scoff at him, sticking my tongue out "She drank a whole bottle of whiskey Liam. She's gonna be out like a light tomorrow." He glares at me.

A giggle bubbles in my chest "Kingston likes whiskey toooo," my voice comes out slurred and Liam rolls his eyes "We know."

My pulse is thumping through my blood and the music is blurring in my ears on and off. A smile spreads on my face as I grab a shot glass off a persons tray as they walk by.

"No!" Mason and Liam both yell but they're too late. I've already thrown back the drink.

Liam groans, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. A giggle bubbles out of me again and Mason rolls his eyes "I'm going to look for Kingston. Stop her from drinking more." He instructs Liam who nods to him.

Assholes.

"Be quiet. We're keeping you from getting kidnapped." Liam tells me, frustration laced in his voice.

Wait, I said that out loud?

Liam sighs "Yes. You did."

A hick-up leaves me as I look up at Liam. "You know, you remind me of a happier version of Kingston..." my voice comes out slow as I trip over my own words.

Liam raises an eyebrow at me "What is it with you and talking about Kingston?" He asks, his eyes scanning the crowd for Mason to come back.

"He's handsome," I state, placing my hands on my hips "His beautiful gray eyes are so pretty...and him shirtless is a sight to behold," I tell him, hick-upping after every few words.

"Besidessssss who wouldn't like him?" I ask sheepishly, flicking my hand at him and staggering around slightly again.

Liam watches me with curiosity as I continue to ramble on and on about Kingston. How sweet, how caring, how gentle, how handsome, how warm he is.

I look up at Liam with slightly dimmed eyes, giggling and hick-upping "He's soOoOo amazing," hick-up "I love him." I slur and Liam's eyes widen.

"Yeah, you're wasted." he concludes as I go to take a step. My legs buckle from under me and the floor gets really close to my face before I'm pulled back up again.

A giggle leaves me as Liam wraps his arm around my waist "Okay. I'm taking you to Kingston." he states, giving me side glances.

My eyes fall closed as I hum "Mmm Kingston...I love him..." I hum out with a hick-up. A little tap registers on my cheek and my eyes snap open "Yeah?" I slur and Liam sighs.

"C'mon A. Let's get you to your lover boy." he states as he starts to guide me through the crowds. The music syncs in my ears and the lights blur together.

—~•~—

The music blares around me as I sit on the couch and watch people walk by, my unapproachable demeanor working well with most people.

Some girls have come up to me, but once they saw my neck they immediately got up and left.

Whatever Amara did to my neck, I'm glad she did it.

   Putting the beer bottle to my lips I take another swig as I watch people dancing around and drinking, some making out and some just passed out in random places.

   The different color lights beam around the room as the music changes and quiets then blares up loud again.

   "Kingston!" I hear Liam yell through the crowd. My eyes scan the crowd, waiting for him to appear.

   I spot him and he looks annoyed as he drags something along behind him, pushing at people to get by.

   He sees me and shoots me an annoyed look. He continues his way over to me looking completely done with this party.

   Liam walks over to me, continuing to drag something through the blaring music and crowds. He looks at me with another annoyed expression. I cock an eyebrow at him before he pulls what he's been dragging around out from behind him.

   Amara.

   She's staggering next to him, her eyes droopy and her smile sheepish. She's giggling and laughing ridiculously at his side as she trips or her knees give out and he catches her around her waist, pulling her along.

   He brings her over to me, that drunken expression clear on her face "She's been talking about you nonstop sense she drank too much." he informs me with a tired look on his face as he pushes her down into my lap. He straightens his back out and sighs "She's your problem now." He stated and walked away, giving me a salute before he vanishes in the crowd.

   I look down at her, setting my drink down on a side table. She giggled in my lap, her softly curled hair a little out of place, her mascara smudged some. But her bright red lipstick is still untouched. It's faded from her lips touching the bottles so much, but it's still a bright red. The tight black dress she's wearing riding up her thighs as she gently shifts on my thighs, keeping her legs closed as they dangle off the left side of my lap. Her emerald eyes stare up at me as she gasps drunkenly "My man won't like this." she slurs.

   Her man?

   My eyebrow raises at her words "Oh yeah? What's your man's name?" I ask her, my hands going to her waist and holding her up on my lap. She plants her soft hands on my wrists and shoves them off her body "His name is Kingston, and he'll kill you." she slurs again, pursing her lips at me.

   My eyes widen but a smirk crosses my face "Oh yeah? What if I were to kiss you right now?" I ask her, intrigued with what she's going to say. "He'll find you and wrap his veiny tattooed covered hands around your neck and strangle you to death." she hick-ups with a giggle.

   I nod my head.

   She's not wrong. If anyone touched my girl I'd kill them with my bare hands.

   "How much have you drank amor?" I ask her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear and a drunken smile spreads across her face.

   "Uh... one bottle of whiskey and a shot of vodka," she tells me.

   They had one fucking job.

   One fucking job.

   And they fucked it up.

   My jaw ticks and she gasps "Oh my goddd, don't tell Kingston I told you that..." she giggles, losing her balance and falling backwards. My nerves jump, my hands reach out and grab her, holding her upright in my lap as she giggles, leaning into my ear and whispering "He'd kill me if he knew that I didn't listen to Mason and Liam." she whispered in my ear, her warm breath fanning my neck.

   So, my little brat didn't listen?

   I nod my head at her and she smiles, her eyes fluttering as her head dips down towards her chest.

   She's going to pass out if we don't get going.

"Okay, c'mon amor. Let's get going." I tell her and go to stand up but she jumps off my lap, almost falling to the ground "No! I'm not going home with you. I don't even know you! And besides. I'm perfectly happy with my man." She snaps at me droopily.

I stand up, staring down at her as she looks up to meet my eyes, a stubborn look on her face. My arms reach out and grab her, gently pulling her into my body. A gasp leaves her mouth as she plants her hands on my chest "Please...please leave me alone." she states, looking up at me with glossed over eyes.

What?

Concern washes over me as I cup her face in my hands "Amor, what's wrong?" I ask and she shakes her head at me, pushing at my chest "Let me go! Please...please," she seems to whimper and my heart stops beating in my chest.

She's scared of me.

But she's drunk...she doesn't recognize me.

Then why is she scared of me?

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask, my voice soft. She winces and tries to pull from my grip again, this time a little harder. "Please," she gently cries, her glossy eyes looking up at me in fear "Please don't touch me. Leave me alone, I don't want to go home with you. Please." she pleads, trying to pull out of my hold.

My heart feels heavy. What's happened to her?

"Lovely. It's me. It's Kingston." I whisper to her and she blinks her eyes at me, her pupils dilate as she looks at me, studying me.

"Kingston?" She murmurs quietly, her voice fragile. I nod my head "It's me baby, it's me."

She sighs and her tense muscles relax in my hold as she leans her body on me "Can we go home?" She asks me and my head nods before I can even think about it.

"Of course we can baby, do you want me to take you back to your house?" I ask. She hasn't been to her house in a while. She shakes her head, gripping my leather jacket tightly in her hands "No, no, no." she tells me panicked.

She shakes her head back and forth quickly "No, no, no I don't want to go back there!" She yelps, tucking her face away into my shirt.

Her chest shakes as she lets out a sob that shatters my heart "Please...I don't want to go back there. He'll beat me again. Please don't make me go there." She pleads me and my muscles freeze.

What?

He'll beat her...again?

My arms wrap protectively around her, keeping her close as the music starts to become louder by the second, the lights getting too bright. Her chest shakes with another sob and something inside me flips.

She's crying.

My Amara's crying.

I scoop her up into my arms and push through the crowds off people, her arms clinging to me tightly.

I have to get her out of here. In my car. Away from everyone.

Rushing through the people I see Liam and Dawson hanging out and drinking together. Liam looks over at me and his eyes widen.

Dawson looks over and immediately pushes away from the counter, running through the crowds with Liam right behind him.

He stumbles in front of me, panting slightly as he hears a sob rack from Amara's body, his eyes widen even more as he looks up at me "What happened!?" He asks, urgency in his voice.

Panic dashes through me. I can't stay here for too long. I have to get Amara out of here and to the car so she can talk to me.

"I don't know. We were talking and then I pulled her into my arms and she started pleading me to let her go before I told her it was me...she...she was scared of me." I ramble out and Dawson's eyes harden and Liam looks towards the door.

He pats my back "Get her out of here and take her back to her house—" he starts but Amara shakes in my arms and he stops, looking at her worriedly. "No," she sobs painfully "No don't take me to my house." she cries into my chest and I look back up at Dawson and Liam. Worry clear in my eyes Dawson steps forward "Take her back to our place. Get her changed and in bed." He tells me and I nod.

"How do I get her to stop crying?" I ask, worry lacing my voice.

I want her to stop crying. I need her to stop crying. It breaks me to see her cry.

Dawson sighs, turning to look at Liam who shrugs, he turns back to me "Figure it out man. You know her best." He tells me and that's all I need before I'm shoving people out of the way to get to the door as quick as possible.

Reaching the door as I slip through the opening, the cold air whipping me in the face. I look down at Amara in my hold, she looks so fragile and scared, cold and shivering.

I set her down gently and she looks up at me like I've put her back in danger.

Oh please stop looking at me like that. It hurts me so bad to see you in pain.

I strip my leather jacket off and drape it over her bare shoulders. She shudders looking up at me with tear filled eyes. Mascara runs slowly down her face and my hands cup her face gently, the pads of my thumbs wiping the stain of black off her cheeks.

Before she can say anything else, she's in my arms again and I'm walking us to my car. She doesn't protest and wraps her arms around my neck, burying her face into the crook of my neck. Her tears hit my skin and I can feel my heart beating out of control.

I cover ground fast with my hurried strides, ignoring the glares from people I shove out of the way and the cold wind biting my arms.

I reach into my pocket and pull my keys out, holding Amara up with my right arm. She's light enough for me to carry with one arm. My finger hits the unlock button two times in a row and the black Bugatti parked by the curb beeps back at me. I hold down the remote start on my set of keys and the engine roars to life, the lights turning on as it rumbles with life.

Reaching the curb the wind has made my skin pink with the cold, the wind rustling the leaves loudly as I yank the back door open and slide in, cradling Amara's fragile frame in my arms.

Hooking my hand in the handle, I yank the door closed with a slam before spreading myself out on the back seats, settling Amara between my legs with her head on my chest.

She quickly adjusts to the new position and pulls the leather jacket up over her shoulders to her chin, snuggling herself farther into me, the silent tears slipping from her eyes.

I cradle the back of her head in my hand, my left hand caressing her slim back as she sobs quietly into my chest "Baby please tell me what's wrong..." I quietly plead, kissing her head over and over again.

Maybe kissing her will stop her tears?

She sobs gently and clutches my shirt tighter in her fists.

Nope.

"I-I thought you were someone else..." she stammers gently, her small frame shaking against me.

My hand draws random patterns on her back, letting her feel the gentle of my touch to try and calm her. "Who amor?" I ask quietly.

I need to know.

I need to know who hurt my girl.

"R-Ryder," she stammers and clamps a hand over her mouth and turns her face into my chest, crying into my chest.

My heart feels broken, every sob slipping past her beautiful lips adding a crack into my heart. It feels like someone's stabbing me, her sharp breaths as she tries to hold herself together.

"Let go love, I've got you, it's okay, go ahead and cry. I've got you. I'm not going anywhere." I whisper to her and she nods her head gently. Tears slip down her mascara smudged cheeks and I can't help the pain that sears through my chest.

I hate seeing this.

I never want to see her cry.

It hurts. It hurts my heart.

It hurts me knowing I couldn't protect her from her pain.

"I-I'm sorry..." she sobs into my chest, her breathing erratic and uneven as she gasps for air.

"No no no, don't be sorry, baby it's okay." the softness in my voice seems to only make it worse.

She grips onto my shirt tightly, her knuckles turning white while crying into my chest, gasping for air that she doesn't have in her lungs. Her tears soak my shirt and I can't do anything to stop them.

I can't stop the painful tears falling from her beautiful emerald eyes.

I can't stop her pain.

So I sit there, holding her close to me, whispering sweet nothings in her ear as she slowly stops crying, her breathing still uneven but her sobs not as loud or hard. Her body slowly stopping from the gasps and cries racking her body, now subsided to her small frame shaking as I hold her.

Her grip on my shirt loosens as my hand continues to rub random patterns on her back, her breathing starting to slow and even out.

A sigh of relief rushes out of me.

She stopped crying and gasping out of past pain.

Her tense muscles relax against the seat and the silky fabric tickles and softly brushes against the palm of my hand as I rub her back reassuringly.

Her breaths contain to slow until she's quiet in my arms. Glancing at the clock on my dashboard I sigh and gently pull my hands from around her body.

   Slowly I pull my legs away, lifting her body so I can slip away without hitting her and waking her up.

   Slowly, trying not to wake Amara I slide off the seat, quieting the jingle from the silver chain on my jeans. Her sleeping frame adjusts to the new space and she spreads out on the backseat, my leather jacket falling off her shoulders.

   I quickly grab the warm leather and place it over her shoulders, tucking my leather jacket around her shoulders and torso before quietly pushing the back door open and stepping out.

   The cold wind meets my arms again and I push the door closed as quietly as I can. I don't want her to wake up. I don't want her to feel pain again.

   I pull the drivers door open and duck into the running car, quickly pulling the door closed after me.

   The buckle clicks as I buckle myself, turning the music down low and adjusting the mirror so I can see Amara in the mirror.

   "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you..." I whisper lowly before shifting the car into drive and pushing the gas.

   I pull off the curb smoothly, glancing in the rear view mirror as the unfamiliar neighborhood breezes by.

   I just want to protect her. I just want to hold her in my arms and know she will never feel pain ever again.

   I just want to love her. How I want too.

   I just want to show her love...

   My love.

——————————————————————————
What do you guys think happened to Amara in her past?

   Do you think Kingston should tell Amara he loves her?

   I hope you guys like story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 28.3K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
2.3K 78 51
Bad girl x Nerdy boy She secretive about her private life and likes to put up a fight. Jane Clark is considered the bad girl in town. She's rude and...
27.2K 662 15
Duck I drop down. The smell of sweat and alcohol fill my nostrils. I feel the air swish above my head as his fist flies over my head. Crack That's th...
18.6K 557 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...