Spanners & Sprockets | Mira x...

By Astr0ni

Y/N has been recruited to the ranks of team rainbow, Serving as the new lead R&D supervisor for future projec... More

Chapter 1: A tinkerer from the past
Chapter 2: New dawn, Same old bullshit
Chapter 3: The raid
Chapter 4: Profiling and Introductions
Chapter 5: The team
Chapter 7: A Little momento
Chapter 8: A Night To Remember Part 1
Chapter 8: A Night to Remember Part 2 (lemon)
Chapter 9: Love is complicated to hide....
Chapter 10: New Horizons
A/N: Starting anew.

Chapter 6: Best friends?

56 0 0
By Astr0ni

??? POV:

??? Location

???: Why couldn't you save them Y/N? WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF? Can't you just be normal and talk to people? What stops you from breaking out of this shell Y/N?!

I dont like this.... Please.... S-Stop....

???: YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STOP UNLESS YOU BREAK THIS PATTERN. IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A FAILURE MAYBE YOU WOULD'VE DONE IT ALREADY.

I-I-I am N-not a f-failure.

???: If you weren't one you'd do something about it!

??? -ake up Y/N! you'r- 

???: Don't listen to her! I CONTROL YOU.

N-no I c-cant be control by you

???: Y/N! Can you hear me?

???: WAIT?! HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS? I AM YOUR CONTROLLER NOT YOU!

I DONT WANT TO BE PUSHED AROUND BY A FUCKING DEMON OF MY PAST

???: You might've beat my wraith this time but your tiny weak little mind cant banish me foreve-

¡NOS VEMOS EN EL INFIERNO HIJO DE MIERDA!

???: *whispers* Y/N are you there?

Y/N felt warmth encapsulating her, A cool breeze was felt brushing upon her delicate face as she felt someone nudging her softly. A moment to cherish but broken by the cold sweat and realization of a dormant demon.

General POV:

Location: ???, United kingdom, Team Rainbow HQ

Y/N awakes rapidly shooting upwards breathing heavily. She sees a familiar face back from her operation.

Mira: ¿Hey, qué pasa? ¿Está todo bien allá arriba? *points to head*

Y/N: AH! *heavy breathing* Mi-mira *holds breath* NO ESTOY JODIDAMENTE BIEN HAY ALGO DENTRO DE MÍ QUE NO PUEDO CONTROLAR, ¿POR QUÉ ESTOY AQUÍ MÁS? *starts crying*

She's up and away. Running away from past demons and fear. A mistake she should've corrected, tears were falling from her face as she ran.

Mira: Y-Y/N! WAIT! Where are you going? Why did I do that? You're so stupid Elena.

Mira was overwhelmed with emotion but had to set things right with Y/N so she chased after her. Y/N passed Jackal who looked confused as to what was going on.

Jackal: Y/N?! What are you doing! Whats wrong? Y/N!

She didn't respond to his question, instead only cries and footsteps were heard as her figure faded into the darkness of the early morning. Jackal saw Mira approaching shortly after. He had so many questions but assumed she was looking for Y/N.

Mira: ¿En qué dirección se fue?

Jackal: *points towards the darkness* al techo ¡ESPERE! ¿El techo? No tenemos mucho tiempo, Mira, bajaré al campo para atraparla si lo hace. ¡APURARSE!

Mira: Y/N! Y/N! DON'T DO IT!

Mira bolted towards the roof exit as quickly as her small legs would let her go. Jackal was out of sight heading downstairs swiftly. Y/N was lost, she felt powerless and powerful. Frostbitten wind striking her body. She couldn't stop crying as she approached the edge, but she couldn't do it instantly... She felt dizzy, numb and stressed. Y/N took a deep breath before turning around and accepting her fate.

Y/N: No podría hacerte sentir orgulloso, así que déjame ahorrarte el esfuerzo de torturarme por más tiempo. *Deep breath*

Distant footsteps could be heard approaching the roof, Each step sounded more silent then the last as she felt helpless. Y/N stood on the edge and with one last deep breath slowly closed her eyes.

Mira: Y/N!

Mira tried her hardest to reach Y/N who was out of her mind. She reached the roof when Y/N had started falling backwards, She wouldn't stop. Mira charged at Y/N with a grip stronger than a bear cuddle Y/N as she pushed them both forward from the charge. Both of them crashing through a window.

Y/N POV:

Where am I? What is this place?

???: This is your mind Y/N although we're here that doesn't mean you're dead. Someone important saved you but I cant explain how, What you were doing back there was foolish. Even if he hasn't left you alone to this breaking point of revealing something unknown that you didn't want others to know. Your savior just wanted to surprise you after finishing their Operation. It's half-way through your second week Y/N, it's time to open up to those you'd like to bring closer to you and that one who should have your heart.

I-I... Why can't I cry here?! I just want to be done with my past.

???: Find them, They've been waiting for you. Their yours to take Y/N.

W-what? Who are you talking about? How am I not dead?

???: I am afraid time is a little resource, Go see the real world Y/N. Open up, Open up, Open up... Open up....... Open u-

General POV:

???: -hat the fuck are you two doing in here? Why is my window smashed?!

???: Cav this isn't the time for fucking around Y/N tried to kill herself!

Cav: What... The. FUCK?! It's only her third week here and she's already tried to kill herself?! What's she been going through to insight that?

Mira: She didn't seem to stable in her bed, She wasn't responding to me. Y/N was sweating, murmuring cryptic languages to herself whilst rolling around asleep.

Cav: Wha-What Happened to her?

Y/N: *cough* N-Nothing *sob* h-h-h-happened *sob* with me *sob*.

She tries to stand but fails and collapses onto the glass shards cutting her forehead.

Mira & Cav: Y/N!

Both run to her aid, picking her up each operator carrying one arm. Y/N was powerless, she was being dragged and couldn't assist one bit. She took one last look at Mira, Mira gave a overwhelmed and distraught look back as her vision slowly faded.

*5 hours later*

The only sound heard throughout the room was a monotone beeping from the heart rate monitor.

Doc: Have you informed six about this?

Cav: Yes, Mira went the second Y/N was put under care.

Doc: She won't exactly be thankful at first for your heroic actions Mira but I assure you she'll come around.

Mira: Doc! She's Waking up!

Y/N: shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up

Cav: What the fuck is she saying?

Mira: Your guess is as good as mine.

Y/N tensed up before slowly opening her eyes to the bright world of reality.

Y/N: M-mira... *sob* C-C-Cav. Doc.... I-

Mira: Don't say anything *hugs Y/N*

Y/N: I didn't *sob* want to but h-he *sob* t-told me to. He caused this

Doc: Who's he?

Y/N: I dont know who he is! *sob*

Doc: Well... That's not a very good outlook, has it been thoughts? A manifestation of a person or creature? How long have you been putting up with this?

Y/N: 8 years... I h-h-haven't *sob* been to see *sob * a-a-anyone. I've let *sob* them c-consume me, I've let them *sob* c-c-c-cut me... *pulls up pant leg*

Doc: W-Who is t-them

The whole room was silent. The one person who seemed normal at a first glance wasn't. She was being eaten from the inside-out, her entire world being crushed leading to the incident on the roof and the cutting.

Mira: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE Y/N? NOT EVEN THE PERSON YOU TRUSTED MOST?

Y/N: I've never *sob* t-trusted anyone *sob* e-enough until now...

Mira: That's no excuse for doing this to yourself!

Cav: Mira's Right, Nobody should ever subject themselves to this self torture.

Y/N: I- *sob* W-Why do you guys *sob* c-care about me so much...

Mira: Because that's what friends are for you idiota. *slaps Y/N* If anyone else catches you and tells me or I catch you doing this. I'll have you locked up in a cell with nothing that can be used for self-harm for a month. You understand?

Y/N: W-WHY?! *sob*

Cav: She's being serious. Really serious.

Y/N: Why is this necessary, I'll be fine without any assistance from anyone.

Mira: You kept this from us! You aren't fine alone!

Y/N: I've got my fucking AI to tell me what to do. Can I go now? I'd like some time alone to myself..

Doc: You've still got to do a mental evaluation before you leave.

Y/N: Cant that just be postponed? Please? Just this once.

Doc: Fine but if I don't see you here by 0700 sharp tomorrow I'll be making some enquires to that isolation cell.

Y/N: Thank you!

Y/N runs off into the distance with Mira following shortly behind her. Mira reaches the door to Y/N's room and slowly opens it.

Mira: Y-Y/N?

Y/N: *sob* W-who i-i-i-is it?

Mira: Its me Y/N. Hey it'll be fine *sits next to Y/N*

Y/N: Wh- *sob* W-Why did I-I have to *sob* do that? I'm such an *sob* idiot *sob*

Mira: You aren't Y/N *pulls Y/N into an embrace* I'm always here for you, tell me if there's anything wrong in your life. We're workshop buddies and friends for life.

Y/N: Why are you *sob* being so nice to me *sob*

Mira: I care about you. You're the only person I can relate to on this team. Even if we've only known each other for a month it's still been an amazing time.

Y/N: *wipes face* Yeah I guess it has been... Can you stay for a bit. I don't feel entirely better even if its over.

Mira: Sure just don't let the negative Y/N intervene.

The two woman lay down in Y/N's bed. It took a some time before Y/N calmed down leaving the two to chat before the events caught up to Y/N causing her to fall asleep. Mira sat there slowly caressing her hand through Y/N's hair.

Mira: Y/N why's your hair got to be so fucking soft....

Mira was lost in her thoughts before sleep caught up to her. Forgetting that she was still with Y/N she fell asleep embracing Y/N.

??? POV:

Location: ???, United kingdom.

???: When the fuck is our target going to venture outside, Jesus christ she's stubborn.

She threw herself off of a building today but her 'friend' saved her ass from being dead thankfully, Boss wouldn't be happy if she was dead.

???: So she won't exactly be outside for a hot minute.

You're 100% on the money richard....

A/N: VERY late on this chapter and its different... HOPEFULLY I didn't disappoint on this chapter but I'll never be able to tell until I check out how much people have read it. I feel as things should be moving faster than normal now so this book doesn't end up with 50 chapters lol. Idk about smut yet since I've never written a fan fiction piece before but giving it a try would be good experience for writing a different type of chapter.

Dont forget to share this book with others who'd enjoy it. Nearly 100 reads lads lets reach that soon :)

Next chapter will not take this long. Sorry for taking this long. Cya next time legends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...