Just My Luck (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

Aizawa has been working with the police for weeks in search of a vigilante they're calling Echo. Although the... More

1: Police Report
2: Right Under Their Noses
3: Oh, Its You
4: We'll Meet Again Pt. 1
5: We'll Meet Again Pt. 2
6: It's That Easy?
7: Taking It All In Stride
8: There's More Than Meets The Eye
9: Trouble Is My Middle Name
10: Name Of The Game Pt. 1
11: Name Of The Game Pt. 2
12: Just You And Me
13: Revelations And Questions
14: Its All In The Cards
15: Count Me In
16: It Just Keeps Getting Better
17: Eye-Patch Looking Motherfuc-
18: Three Strikes And You're Out
19:C̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ Skies Ahead
20: School Isn't That Important....Is It?
21: You Lucked Out
22: Who You Were
23: Who You Will Become
24: A Nice, Normal Family
25: Summer Camp Is Different Than I Thought It'd Be
26: Separation Anxiety
28: Longing
29: Compassion Is The Basis Of Morality
30: Because Its You
31: Look To The Future Pt. 1
32: Look To The Future Pt. 2
33: We've Got a Lot To Sort Out
34: Maturity Takes Time
35: The New Blood
36: From My Perspective
37: A Token Of Appreciation
38: Define 'Family'?
39: Don't Mess With Us
40: Save Me Twice-Shame On Me
41: File It Away

27: Twists And Turns

3.2K 202 24
By silverowlbells

Back when he was a vigilante and didn't know it Hibiki had fought villains in literally anything. His school uniform, stiff shoes and all, his pajamas once or twice. Sweat pants, hoodies, anything. The only thing he brought with him specially was a mask so no one would be able to tell he was a minor wandering around at 3 am or sleeping on park benches. 

Now, in just shorts and a purple t-shirt he felt ridiculously underdressed for a fight. That was an understatement actually. Without his hero outfit he felt naked. 

Yet here he was, his gloveless fist colliding with the boy in the mask. He looked young, probably their age. It was disturbing to think he was already a villain at his age. 

There was a strange scent in the air and Hibiki knew right away what the gas mask kid's quirk was. It was too obvious. 

He wouldn't be able to punch gas or use his quirk too liberally. Driving people insane could either make their quirk shut down all together or go haywire. It was impossible to tell which response you would get with each person. 

So he had to stop him from using his quirk in the first place and the only way to accomplish that would be to get that mask off him. He wouldn't use it if he too was susceptible to whatever the gas did. 

Hibiki landed a kick right in the kids abdomen. He fell back a few step and Hibiki jumped for the helmet, his strength snapping the straps immediately. 

Under the mask the guy had light brown hair and eyes. He looked scared, so very scared. Hibiki felt bad for him in that moment. 

It was that pity that led him to slip up and forget one important detail. 

He had a gun. 

Hibiki heard the noise before he felt anything. He managed to hit the guy again, right in the jaw. The gun hit the ground with a soft thud as the guy passed out. 

Suddenly Hibiki's left arm exploded in pain. He collapsed to the side of the villain, panting heavily. 

Todoroki looked over at his classmate and swore under his breath. 

"As of this moment all students are authorized for quirk combat." Mandalay's voice echoed in their heads. Todoroki wasted no time, neither did Bakugou. The blond blasted the shit out of the magician looking guy and Todoroki raised an ice wall between them. 

Quickly, he made his way over to Hibiki. The bullet pierced his upper arm. It was gushing blood. Hibiki gritted his teeth and pushed himself back into a sitting position, watching as blood dripped onto the unconscious hero next to him. 

"I'm fine." Hibiki said, before Todoroki could even speak. 

"You were just shot." His classmate protested. Hibiki nodded and shrugged, wincing in pain at the action. 

"Duck!" Hibiki shouted. Todoroki hit the ground and a knife embedded itself in a three just two feet to the left of them. 

A lizard looking villain emerged from the forest with some sort of person in a random shirt and sunglasses. 

"What do you say Magne? Think we can take them?" The lizard asked. The person smiled. 

"Oh I'd say so." They hummed. 

The lizard jumped for them and Todoroki shot ice right at them. The lizard cut through part of it so Todoroki just hauled Hibiki to his feet as started running for Bakugou. 

"Where the fuck have you two been?" The blond asked. His eyes zeroed in on Hibiki's arm quickly and he let a string of curse words out. "Think you can take 'em all out with one song?". 

"Probably." Hibiki said, "Just watch my back?". The two nodded and readied themselves. The villains approached slowly. 

"Cover your ears Todoroki." The boy reminded him. 

"I'll have to use my quirk. We have to keep fighting while you're singing. I'll have to listen.". 

Hibiki sighed and relented. 

He started with higher note, nonsense words really. His mind was too frazzled for a real song. 

The reaction of the villains was instant. The lizard man was clutching his hears at first but it soon turned to aggressively scratching at his skin. The other one seemed to be acting the exact opposite way. 

Her quirk activated immediately and Hibiki and Todoroki started glowing blue. They were forced away from each other, Todoroki remaining in range of Mange's quirk and Hibiki being tossed over by Bakugou. 

He groaned and clutched his arm. The break in his singing had let Spinner get his wits about him again and take a stab at Todoroki who barely dodged. 

"We're fucked." Bakugou gritted out as the magician looking villain avoided yet another one of his explosions. Hibiki took a deep breath and tried to push himself back to his feet. 

"You can say that again." A voice said from behind them. Both boys moved to face him so quickly they forgot about the magician guy. Bakugou blasted the newcomer right in the face sending him flying backwards.

Then Hibiki felt something touch his arm and the world went black. 

-------- ----------- --------- --------- ----------- -------- --------- -------- 

A great sense of failure hung over Shota's mind and body as he walked into that clearing. Several students had gathered there. 

The place where the villains had one. Where they had kidnapped Bakugou. 

Taking  a deep breath he looked around at the gathering crowd. "Is everyone accounted for?" He asked, his voice raspy and his eyes itchy from the fight. 

There was a beat of silence before Todoroki shook his head. Shota felt his heart drop. 

"Who's missing?" He asked, trying to keep his voice calm. Todoroki looked at the ground, watching as a drip of blood fell from his split lip and landed on the ground. "Todoroki you need to tell me who's missing." He said. 

Blood was rushing in his ears and he could swear every kid in the area could hear his heart beat out of his chest. 

"Please tell me-" 

They all went back to the base camp. The Pussycats made sure the rest of the students got some food and water before the buses were scheduled to take them back to Masutafu. The place was swarming with police. 

"Dad!" Hitoshi called out from the top of a staircase. He was holding Mirai's hand so they didn't get lost in the crowd of people. Without hesitation they descended the stairs and hugged him tightly. 

"We heard they got Bakugou." Mirai mumbled into the man's hero outfit. Shota nodded reluctantly. "He'll be fine. He's strong and we'll find him in no time." They assured him. 

"Yeah. No way he'll take any shit from those villains." Hitoshi said. His words were confident but his hand was gripping the fabric of his shirt so tightly his knuckles were white. 

"Is Hibiki with the paramedics then? Have you called Hizashi?" Mirai asked, slowly pulling back. Shota didn't respond. 

It was then they realized he hadn't spoken a single word. 

"Dad?" Hitoshi asked, his voice wavering. 

"Where's Hibiki?". 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mwahahahahaha 😈

Okay but in all seriousness I felt so bad writing this. Hibiki's just a hyper little ray of sunshine that doesn't deserve this. 

I kind of wanted this to end differently but you guys know me, I'm not one to pass up drama. 

But now on to the big announcement that this author's note is here for! 

The story you guys voted on and helped me figure out is ready! Its called Supernova and the first two chapters are out now! 

Its been one of the most intensive projects I've ever done with well over 20 scrapped chapters already (for reference, the fic you're reading right now only had 4 scrapped chapters). But don't think that this means its going to be confusing. I know sometimes fanfics with lots on non canon material look too complicated or extensive but I promise I've tried to make it as seamless as possible. 

Stay tuned for the next chapter of Just My Luck so I can rip your hearts out ! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804K 26.5K 26
Your entire life has been spent in a experiment facility. Your quirk is strange and powerful, and no one can quite pin point what it is, which is why...
4.4K 215 35
(Spoilers for newest season and Vigilantes manga) Mariko doesn't remember her parents. She was anonymously sent to orphanage when her Quirk manifeste...
22.4K 658 34
What if Bakugo Katsuki had a younger sister? What if she was quirkless? What if that girl, that quirkless girl, was the one that keep going out at n...
438K 14.8K 51
Both of Izuku's parents abandon him and he's forced to go to an abusive orphanage. What happens when he gets adopted by criminals just to escape duri...