Blade's Edge || Deception Boo...

By Astaroth_312

After leaving Camp Half-Blood last summer with her enemy, Luke Castellan, Clarianna Sinclair has played a dan... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Day Before Tomorrow
Chapter 2: The Day Before Tomorrow
Chapter 3: Reunion
Chapter 4: Reunion
Chapter 5: Reunion
Chapter 6: The Warning
Chapter 7: The Dreaded Game
Chapter 8: The Quest Begins
Chapter 9: Meeting in the Stateroom Pt.1
Chapter 10: Meeting In the Stateroom Pt.2
Chapter 11: Initiation
Chapter 12: The First Fracture
Chapter 13: Strained Reconciliation
Chapter 14: A Twist in the Web
Chapter 15: Flight Pt.1
Chapter 16: Flight Pt. 2
Chapter 17: Uncertainty
Chapter 18: Convening in Olympus Pt. 1
Chapter 19: Council Meeting Pt. 2
Chapter 20: Sparks Pt. 1
Chapter 21: Sparks Pt. 2
Chapter 22: Falling
Chapter 23: Tropical Fiesta Pt. 1
Chapter 24: Tropical Paradise Pt. 2
A/N, Updates, + Q&A
Q + A
Chapter 25: In the Ruins of Othrys Pt.I
Chapter 26: In the Ruins of Othrys Pt.II
Chapter 27: Maze of Mirrors Pt.1
Chapter 28: Maze of Mirrors Pt. 2
Chapter 29: The Cliff
Chapter 30: Cobwebs and Sand
Chapter 31: Fracturing Secrets Pt.1
Chapter 32: Fracturing Secrets Pt.2
Chapter 33: The Bane of Olympus Pt. I
Chapter 34: The Bane of Olympus Pt. II
Chapter 35: Feline Fiasco Pt.1
Chapter 36: Feline Fiasco Pt. II
Chapter 37: Beneath the Drifting Snow
Chapter 38: A Promise of Boba
Holiday Special:
Chapter 39: Smoke and Shadows Pt. I
Chapter 40: Smoke and Shadows Pt. II
Chapter 41: Eternal Starlight
Chapter 42: God-given Headaches
Chapter 43: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Claraphim Star Pt.I
Chapter 46: The Claraphim Star Pt.II
Epilogue
A/N
A/N II

Chapter 47: End of the Beginning

285 13 11
By Astaroth_312

A/N: Two things before you start reading: One, to anyone reading this story who might be in Ukraine right now, my heart goes out to you, your friends, your family, and your neighbors for the injustice, terror, and pain that you're experiencing. I'm not someone who prays, but my school is Catholic, and I want you to know that you're all in my prayers for peace and an end to this stupidity. It's 2022. I can't believe that people still don't realize that war and the death of civilians and soldiers on both sides alive is NEVER the answer. I'm in Canada and I know I'm lucky to have never experienced war, but this reaches beyond your borders and I want you to know that the world is watching and praying for your safety. Stay strong, stay safe, and keep the flame of hope for a world where peace, not greed, rules.

This is just sad, disappointing, and horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Okay, the second thing is.....

Guys, this is the last chapter! I mean, there's still an epilogue. But that's it.

:0

So yeah, just wanted to let you guys know before you started reading this chapter. I'll publish the epilogue next week with a note about the next book (BECAUSE YOU BETTER BELIEVE THERE WILL BE ANOTHER BOOK) and more details about stuff, so yeah. For now, just enjoy the last chapter!

***

I'm lying on a wooden floor, I thought dimly as my consciousness returned. Suddenly, I was hit with a wave of exhaustion and I realized that I hadn't slept since . . . the night before Artemis had been rescued. Gods. My circadian rhythm was probably messed up to the nth degree. Let me just stay here for a few moments. I'll go back to . . .

Wait. I racked my brain, trying to think of what I'd been doing before I'd decided to lie down on the ship's wooden deck. Without the rhythmic rocking of the boat, I was finding it hard to fall asleep. The constant sound of the waves was missing too.

My eyes flew open and a dark ceiling slowly came into focus. This wasn't the ship. Where the hell was I— "Ack!" I yelped as I sat up straight and a gruesome hydra head, snarling at me with a mouthful of razor-sharp teeth, loomed in my face. The attic of the Big House. Right. Dread started creeping in, but I shoved it down forcefully. Not now.

"Holy gods," I sighed as I stood up, feeling my pulse settle. "Why the fuck are there just monster parts littered throughout this place? As if you—" I glared at the lifeless Oracle slumped on her stool, "aren't creepy enough."

I pressed the heel of my palms into my eyes as the memory of everything I'd just witnessed and heard swamped me and fought the urge to sit back down. "Later, later," I mumbled. "You have to get outta here before the camp wakes up."

Oh gods, I thought. How long was I out for? Urgency swept in and I chanced a glance out the attic window as I rushed over to the trapdoor. The sky was still dark, though a faint ray of light was creeping up from the horizon. Okay, not too bad, I thought. But I have to get out of here ASAP. I flew down the four flights of stairs and rushed into the living room, blinking at the sudden brightness from the lights. Chiron was at the table, reading a book and nursing a cup of tea.

"You're still here?" he asked in surprise, looking at me. "Did you just spend the whole night in the attic? With all that stuff?"

"Yes," I said as my eyes adjusted. "And before you ask, I got my answer."

"Hmm," Chiron replied, closing his book. "Are you going to tell me what the Oracle said?"

"More like showed," I corrected. "She gave me a whole godsdarn movie starting from the creation of Gaea. Something about a ball of energy and Chaos, the Titan war, the giants, Olympus, a pissed of Zeus, glowing teardrops from each of the gods, my father, and a super long prophecy about a star that's fated to burn."

Chiron stared at me blankly.

"I'll tell you later," I added. "But I gotta get out of here before Annabeth, Percy, and Grover get back. Oh, and Thalia joined the Hunt."

I paused at the threshold of the door and glanced back at Chiron. "I just want you to know that I'm truly grateful for what you've done for all of us demigods. Thank you. No matter what part I end up playing, I promise I'll do my best to protect this camp. Be prepared. War is coming."

With that, I stepped out of the Big House and sprinted down the steps towards the strawberry fields, where my wolf was waiting faithfully. As I ran across the snow, I summoned a flicker of shadow and sent it in the direction of the cabins, to watch over a particular demigod of the Underworld. I had a feeling that he'd vanish soon, and I needed to be able to find him. I couldn't very well let the son of one of the only gods I still liked to disappear into danger.

"Let's go," I called as I neared the fields and my wolf lifted her head, her two furry ears peeking out of the mound of snow. "We're going home. And then, wherever the wind decides to take us."

***

"You're just going to off like that?" Alabaster demanded as I shoved a couple of things into my magical backpack that Artemis had gifted to me, so long ago. "Just . . . poof?"

"For the last time, no," I sighed, zipping up my bag and slinging it over my shoulders. "I told you, Al, I'm just going to take care of something."

"Why can't you tell me what it is?" he grumbled, stepping back into the hall as I motioned for him to get out so I could close my cabin door. "And does it seriously have to be you? Why can't you send Nicole, or even me?"

"Send me where?" a voice said dangerously.

"Nowhere," Alabaster said quickly, glancing at Nicole who was leaning on the wall outside Luke's door, watching us with narrowed eyes. "My point is, you don't have to go."

"Yes, I do," I said. "It has to be me. Lord Koios said so himself. And I'm not telling you for your own good." I hoped that I wasn't jinxing myself to a future dream where Koios summoned me because I just said that. To be honest, I just needed to get away and sort myself out. Even now, the prophecy was threatening to burst out of the safe I'd locked it into. He was just an excuse, and besides, that shadow that I'd sent to follow Nico had just blipped and revealed that he was no longer at camp. I had to go find him.

Alabaster narrowed his eyes at me. "Alright, fine. As your brother, I'm going to respect your decision and trust that you're not doing something that will get you in trouble with Him."

"How dare you say that?" Nicole burst out, stomping over to my brother and jabbing a finger into his chest. "Question her loyalty again, and I don't give a damn if you're my boyfriend, I'm going to kick you off this ship and throw you to the sharks."

"Wait, what? You guys are dating?" I blurted out, dropping the wooden staff I was holding. It clanged to the ground, almost banging my toes, and rolled across the carpeted hallway. "Since when?"

Alabaster gaped at Nicole, who had an expression of shock on her face as she replied, "Since a second ago?"

"Did you just . . . declare that I'm your boyfriend?" he asked slowly, staring at her.

"Um . . . yes?"

"Guys!" I yelled as he pulled her to him and kissed her. "I'm still here! Go get a room!"

"You're one to talk," Alabaster said, pulling away. "Do you know how long we've suffered watching you and Luke flirt with each other?"

"Much as I hate to admit it, he's right," Nicole piped in.

"Alright, that's it, I'm leaving." I picked up my staff and stalked down the hallway. "You two enjoy your quality time together. Tell Ally I said goodbye. And tell Luke when he wakes up that Koios called me off somewhere and I'm sorry I wasn't able to see him before I left."

"You're sorry you couldn't kiss him goodbye, and you'll miss your quality time with him," Nicole corrected. Even though my back was turned, I could feel her smirking at me.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. I'll be back soon." I emerged on the deck of the ship, the wind blowing playfully through my hair, and sighed. Forget about quality time with Luke. It was time to escape into the deep wilds and spend some quality time with the big-ass prophecy and vision hanging over my head like a mountain.

A speck of black appeared in the sky and I watched as it flew closer and closer, until my brave-hearted pegasus landed on the deck. He tossed his shiny black mane and whinnied, "You called, bostress?"

"Is it time for a new adventure?" my wolf yipped as she bounded onto the deck, a bundle of tabby fur perched on her back. I picked up Pixus, who mewled excitedly at me, brushed her whiskers against my face, and licked my neck. I laughed. "Sure. If that's what you want to call the beginning of the end, for war is coming whether we're going to be ready or not."

A heartbeat of silence.

"Well, I'm not the kickass pegasus for nothing," Blackfire snorted, stomping his hooves on the deck of the ship.

"I'm a wolf," Avalanche growled simply.

"Mew!" my kitten agreed, pressing her paw against my arm and showing me her claws.

"Well, if you're ready, let's go," I said, mounting Blackfire and laughing as Pixus squirmed eagerly. "We've got a missing son of Hades to find, a vision to decode, and a prophecy to unravel. Thanks, guys, for sticking with me. You're the best, you know that?"

"Of course," my pegasus and wolf replied together. Pixus mewed in affirmation and snuggled into my arms.

"Fly, Blackfire," I whispered, feeling the sea mist spraying in my face and breathing in the scent of the salty ocean.

My winged friend flapped his wings and leaped overboard, plunging us towards the sea before catching a current to sweep up into the sky. Blackfire neighed triumphantly, and with a burst of power, flew towards the distant shore where Avalanche was waiting.

And so, demigod, wolf, pegasus, and sabertooth cat faced the rising sun, flying headfirst into the wind and leaving behind the shadows of the end of the beginning.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 937 9
"It's written in the 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬, Luke. We're not meant to be together." "I say fuck the starts, 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the daughter ...
810K 13.4K 35
Percy Jackson was finally able to lay low and have a peaceful life for once. The war with Gaea and the Giants was over, and Percy was excited to have...
8.3K 120 16
Sequel to The Daughter of War Based on the movie Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Miley Aetos missed Luke Castellan no matter what anyone said. She kne...
836K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...