Strength to Find Her Way

By EBZachary

Quinn is a werewolf living in the Diamond Crescent pack. Being the head pack warrior's daughter, she is phys... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Epilogue

Chapter 93

11.5K 411 9
By EBZachary

Chapter 93

Quinn POV

It's only been a couple minutes since we've started back on our way towards the summer house without the additional guards from Liam. Who even knows if that's where Seth is leading us though. I don't have any clue where we are in all honesty. That thought sent another shiver down my spine. I hope Liam will be able to find me.

I shook my head at the way I was thinking. I've never felt the need to rely on anyone else like this before. Why have I turned into such a big baby now that I'm mated? This is the last thing I wanted.

My head started to hurt with all the conflicting thoughts and stress. I don't need this right now. I need to stay focused. Why can't I focus?

I brought myself back to reality and saw that Seth was looking at me with that stupid little smirk on his face. I guess he thinks his drugs are working finally.

At this point I just have to assume that he's using the same drugs he used on my mom and the other prisoners while they were in captivity. He's probably not creative enough to find something else to be honest. If I remember correctly, that drug only blocked the wolf.

'Only, huh?' my wolf scoffed in my head. 'You know you'd be nothing without me.'

I could imagine her pouting and sticking out her tongue at me.

'Girl, don't even go there,' I dismissed her. 'You know you're the braun to my brains.'

I guess that appeased her because she didn't say anything else. Probably for the best honestly. If Seth thought my wolf was being blocked, I really shouldn't have my eyes glazed over mind linking.

I thought about telling Liam this new information but I don't want to worry him unnecessarily. It's not like my wolf is actually blocked.

All of the sudden, I could feel a sense of urgency come from Liam. His wolf was calling out to me more now than before. He must be on his way. It would still take quite a while for him to make it to me but I have some thoughts on how I can delay this process.

"Seth," I called out.

He stopped abruptly and held up his hand for everyone else to pause as well. He confidently glided over to me with that smug smirk on his face. "Yes, your highness?" he asked. His voice made me want to barf.

"I'm not feeling well," I pouted.

'Ugh, you disgust me,' my wolf gagged at my overexaggerated theatrics. I didn't respond since Seth was looking right in my eyes. He can't see me talk to my wolf. I had to put on an act though. The weaker Seth thinks I am, the better.

Seth put on an act himself. "Oh dear, do you need to take a rest? Why don't you drink a little more water? It's possible you're dehydrated." He pulled the water that was half finished from my pack. I gave him my best fake smile before downing the rest of the bottle. I could see Seth's warriors giving each other looks from the corner of my eye.

'Idiots,' I thought.

"There," Seth continued. "That should do the trick."

Goddess I hate this guy.

"I would like to rest as well if that's alright," I said, wiping a drop of water from the corner of my mouth.

Seth glanced at the sun high in the sky, seeming to weigh the thought over in his head. "I guess we have time for that," he agreed.

Cocky son of a bitch.

"Not too long though. I don't want anyone to catch our scents out here."

I gave him another sugary sweet smile before heading over to a large tree with a relatively low branch. The guys all followed me in that direction. This will be fun.

I went to pull myself up onto the branch but feigned weakness. I dramatically furrowed my brow and tried again, this time falling theatrically on my butt with a thud.

"Goddess, I must be feeling worse than I thought," I mumbled just loud enough for them to hear.

"Would you be willing to give me a boost?" I asked the warrior closest to me.

He looked to Seth for approval and he gave the warrior a small nod. He boosted me up into the tree and I sat back against the trunk with my legs stretched out in front of me on the branch.

I closed my eyes and allowed myself to use my other senses to monitor my surroundings. With Seth believing that my wolf is gone, he'll probably let something slip when he thinks my hearing isn't good enough to hear him. This will work perfectly and it'll buy me some time too.

With my eyes closed I can also mind link as much as I want. I do hope Liam is hurrying. As much as I want to take care of this myself, I don't want to put any unnecessary stress on him for worrying about me.

The guards all split up into groups. A few stayed by me, I'm sure to keep watch, and the rest spread out in a perimeter around us.

Not two minutes later, I heard a few of them start to talk.

"How much longer do you think it'll take to fully take effect, boss?"

"Did you see how weak she was trying to climb that tree? Even a pup is stronger than that. I guess her wolf isn't as strong as we thought."

"Hush you two," Seth hissed. I could hear them move a little further away.

"Sorry boss, I figured we were in the clear."

"We are. We just can't be too sure. There's no way she can hear us from this distance."

I had to stop myself from audibly scoffing. I can hear you crystal clear, I thought to myself.

"Everything is going perfectly to plan. The rogue army is on its way to the castle as we speak. They won't know what hit them. We'll arrive at the summer house in no more than an hour and Liam will have no chance of saving his darling mate. As soon as the rogues break the perimeter, I'll slit her delicate little throat and weaken that royal bastard. He'll be dead within minutes without his precious mate bond."

Hopefully no one is looking at me because I'm probably as pale as a ghost right now. I have to tell Liam.

'Liam,' I called frantically through the bond.

'My love?' he responded immediately. I could tell he was a bit out of breath. Oh goddess, he's already on his way. He needs to go back to protect everyone.

'Liam, you need to turn back,' I cried.

A ferocious growl erupted in my mind and I knew it was from his wolf. 'Not a chance,' he replied. I could hear it was his wolf talking now. He must be close to the surface.

'Liam, I just overheard Seth talking about his plan. There's an army of rogues on their way to the castle as we speak. They need you!'

'You need me more,' Liam argued.

'No, I don't!' I shouted back at him. 'I have a plan, Liam.'

'Well I have a plan too, Quinn, and I need you to trust me. You are my number one priority, I promise yo-'

'No!' I cut him off. 'Your number one priority needs to be your kingdom!'

'Believe me, Quinn. Everything is taken care of. My father is there to head operations. We knew this could be a possibility.'

'Liam you have no idea how far reaching this goes! What if your father trusts his warriors but they turn on him? Don't you see? We're at a disadvantage here! They need you, Liam.'

I could feel his brain working overdrive. As much as I wanted him here, his duty is first and foremost to the kingdom he serves. If we let this coup take over, there's no telling what will happen to all the packs. We've seen firsthand what these defectors can do.

'I just spoke with my father,' Liam brought me back to our conversation. 'He has everything under control, Quinn. Please, trust me,' he begged. 'Please, my love, let me help. My wolf is dying inside simply being away from you but knowing you could be in danger is tearing me apart. Don't do anything rash, please. I will be there before you know it.'

I went to argue but Liam had cut the link on me.

Suddenly there was a flurry of movement below me. Something must have happened while I was mind linking Liam.

"Get her down from there!" I heard Seth's panicked voice call.

Wait, panicked? Why is Seth panicked? I thought he had everything under control with his little plan.

Suddenly I felt rough hands grasp my waist and I was hoisted over a burly shoulder.

"Put me down!" I screamed as I thrashed about in his arms. I was careful not to give away the strength I still contained but it was becoming hard to hide my annoyance.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled to no one in particular.

"There's a danger nearby, your highness," Seth grimaced. "Nothing for you to worry your pretty head about though. We're going to shift into wolf form to try to lose them."

"Well then put me down so I can shift," I demanded.

"We cannot risk it," Seth replied immediately. "You'll travel on Cade's back," he gestured towards the brute who had his hands all over me.

If only Liam could see this. This guy would have lost his hands by now.

Cade carelessly dropped me on the ground before shifting into his wolf. He was obviously strong, having been trained as a royal guard but I could tell even from his shift that he was overly cocky.

Before I had time to further observe him, I felt someone else's hands around my waist lifting me onto Cade's back.

"I can walk you know?" I snapped in the warrior's direction.

"Our future queen should never have to do things for herself," Seth said, his tone dripping with disdain.

I huffed, both annoyed by how I was being treated but also that my wolf and I couldn't teach them a lesson just yet.

"They're getting closer boss," I heard a guard whisper to Seth.

"Have you caught a scent yet?" he hissed under his breath.

"Not yet, but they're moving fast," he said warily.

"Let's go!" Seth called out to the group without responding to his warrior.

'They've switched into wolf form, Liam,' I informed him over our link. 'I think they sense you coming and are trying to outrun you. I know you're faster than them though so I'll see you soon, baby. I love you.'

Just then there was a howl in the distance and I immediately recognized it as my mate. Things are about to get a lot more interesting.

________________________________________________________________________________

A day late but things are definitely picking up!  Thank you so much for sticking with me!  Don't forget to vote and comment, please if you like the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
2.3M 57.9K 42
| Highest rank #1 in Werewolf | Completed+Edited (This is only the first draft so there might be some mistakes here and there.) Spin-off to His Luna:...
1.1M 42.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...